URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1902
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Trump is the chump, not Randal"

Posted by Donald Chump on 12-16-05 at 06:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 06:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 06:29 AM (EST)

Trump put Randal in a no-win situation. If Randal agrees to hire Rebecca, it diminishes the victory Randal worked so hard for. If Randal says NO don't hire her, he looks like a jerk.

He also didn't give Randal the opportunity to make a rational decision. After feeling the euphoria of the victory, it probably felt like an insult when Trump suggested hiring Rebecca. I think that if asked in a quiet boardroom a couple days after the show, Randal would have said Rebecca should be hired. And doing it that way would have made it clear that Rebecca was still second place.

Either Trump should have hired them both on the spot without asking Randal, or hire Randal alone. If he hired both right away, they would have been BOTH happy about it without worrying about who should have been the singular winner.

However, Randal, once having been put in this awkward moment, could have made the best of the situation if he said that Rebecca should be hired and put the right spin on it by saying something like "I think Rebecca has the long-term potential to be a valuable asset to the Trump organization, and it would be great if she could be hired in a position that would allow her to build the experience to fulfill her vast potential." It would have diminished this particular victory somewhat, but doing so would have benefitted him more in the long term, as people would forever remember him for doing that.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall"
Posted by kellies11 on 12-16-05 at 07:30 AM
I totally agree. Shame on Trump for pulling this stunt. If he wanted to hire them both he should have. Randall was still enjoying his victory when Trump called him back and suggested they hire Rebecca. Bad timing Trump.

"RE: Trump is the chump, not Randall"
Posted by ARnutz on 12-16-05 at 07:31 AM
Exactly!

"RE: Trump is the chump, not Randal"
Posted by singer on 12-16-05 at 07:43 AM
Trump and Burnett are the problem, not Randal.

Trump only grudgingly hired Randal. Burnett negatively edited EVERYONE who said good things about Randal.

That is the focus. Randal will never be a villain in the eyes of America, and The Donald is a heel for trying to make him one.

Didn't The Donald disparage Randal during the boardroom for being "too nice" and "low key?"

Well, I guess Randal showed The Donald that he does indeed have fire in his belly and that he is focused and that he will be "nice" only up to a point. Good for him.

George and Carolyn are obviously pleased.

--Singer

Posted by i_hate_alla on 12-16-05 at 10:00 AM
I'm not sure how it's "obvious" that George and Carolyn are pleased. Because they were smiling? They would have been smiling if it had been Rebecca.

I agree that Trump is the Chump! If he wanted to hire Rebecca (which I was hoping was the deal) then he should have either hired her instead of Randal, or just hired them both from the start. To put Randal on the spot was jerky beyond belief. Although I'm guessing that he thought he was giving Randal an opportunity to look like a hero....which totally backfired.

Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-19-05 at 11:02 AM
"Didn't The Donald disparage Randal during the boardroom for being 'too nice' and 'low key?'"

"Well, I guess Randal showed The Donald that he does indeed have fire in his belly and that he is focused and that he will be "nice" only up to a point. Good for him."

This kind of jerking the contestants around is (1) why I didn't watch past Season 1 and (2) why some viewers go crazy when someone is chosen.

Not only do I NOT enjoy being jerked around (or watching the contestants be jerked) - I also don't appreciate that DT doesn't make it exactly clear WTF it is he really want. For me, this makes me lose interest when it seems like he's just jerking people's chains. Some may argue this is a worthy tactic, I think it backfires in this setting.

For some reality TV, this method works. For this show, it does not. Burnett and Trump would do well to make a policy change and lure back in the peeps who watched in the first place - sending away all the others who get bored with a real competition and just want to see histrionics.

Sigpic by Seana

Posted by HistoryDetective on 12-16-05 at 07:47 AM
Donald Trump puts the ass in class. What a phoquetard.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

Posted by singer on 12-19-05 at 08:01 AM
heehee!

--Singer