The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ferguson, MO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9311 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-14, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ferguson, MO"
What the hell?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ferguson, MO kingfish 08-18-14 1
   RE: Ferguson, MO cahaya 08-18-14 2
       RE: Ferguson, MO newsomewayne 08-18-14 3
           RE: Ferguson, MO kingfish 08-18-14 4
 ATTN: Protestors newsomewayne 08-20-14 5
   RE: ATTN: Protestors kidflash212 08-20-14 6
   RE: ATTN: Protestors dabo 08-20-14 7
   RE: ATTN: Protestors dabo 08-20-14 8
 Some numbers... cahaya 08-23-14 9
 Grand Jury decision update newsomewayne 11-17-14 10
   RE: Grand Jury decision update kingfish 11-17-14 11
   RE: Grand Jury decision update Estee 11-17-14 12
 RE: Ferguson, MO dabo 11-19-14 13
   RE: Ferguson, MO bondt007 11-20-14 14
 Grand Jury decision is in Brownroach 11-24-14 15
   Riots follow Estee 11-25-14 16
       RE: Riots follow dabo 11-25-14 17
           RE: Riots follow Estee 11-25-14 18
 RE: Ferguson, MO Georganna 11-25-14 19
   RE: Ferguson, MO kingfish 11-25-14 20
       RE: Ferguson, MO Georganna 11-25-14 21
           RE: Ferguson, MO kingfish 11-26-14 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17819 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-14, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
Local police were used. They shot a kid in the streets that had just pulled a minor strong arm robbery. Then they couldn't control the community reaction.

MWRAPS and mounted machine guns used to intimidate crowds increased tensions.

Then the state troopers tried the power of peace. Got looting and Molotov cocktails in return.

State troopers took over, used non-lethal ammunition and tear gas.

Now they are sending in the National Guard.

Next: Predators and hellfire missiles. Napalm strikes. A10 Warthog ground support. Carpet bombing.

I agree, WTF? Ferguson Missouri has some real problems that must have been simmering for some time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 19283 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-14, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
Or next: Confiscate the whole town and send the population off to a reservation somewhere in the midst of the Badlands. Less bloodshed that way.

08-18-14, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
It's worked in the past.

Incidentally, if that did happen, would Dan Snyder someday consider changing the name of his team to the Washington Fergusons?

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

08-18-14, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
Very funny.

To paraphrase, "Would you walk up to a Missourian and call him/her a Ferguson?"

08-20-14, 08:23 AM (EST)
5. "ATTN: Protestors"
"No justice. No peace." That's the phrase heard over and over again. Your voices have been heard. There will be an investigation. Actually, there will be several. All big, most public.

Now please go home and understand the reverse is also true. "No peace. No justice."

kidflash212 4261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-20-14, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ATTN: Protestors"
I don't think the protestors will be satisfied with justice. As the facts come out, the police officer's version becomes vindicated. He was first a "good boy", a "gentle giant" - then it was proven he engaged in a strongarm robbery just before the confrontation. They said he didn't assault the officer yet the officer had bruises on his face. The narrative the protestors wanted everyone to believe was he was shot in the back with his hands up but the autopsy report released by Brown's own family prove he was facing the officer and his arms were not up. Justice would be no charges against the officer - what the protestors want is a sacrificial lamb to pay for the injustices they perceive in their own minds.

dabo 26559 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-14, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ATTN: Protestors"
From what I understand it is outside agitators who are starting the violence at this point. Frustrated as the community of Ferguson is (and deservedly IMO) it would be smart to pull back and give the agitators fewer opportunities, make them create their own opportunities if they want so that the police can crack down on the ones that need to be stopped.

08-20-14, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ATTN: Protestors"
From what I just heard, last night the peaceful protesters were trying to block off and push out the violent agitators.

cahaya 19283 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-14, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Some numbers..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-14 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

... about economic inequality.

I wonder if these numbers aren't even more skewed in places like Ferguson.

11-17-14, 11:57 AM (EST)
10. "Grand Jury decision update"
So, with the Grand Jury decision due out any day now, does anyone want to venture on what the decision will be and how the public will react to that decision?

I'm putting 5-3 odds* on acquittal of Officer Wilson by the GJ.

Reaction will be major "peaceful" protests within 30 minutes of the decision in at least 8 different major cities. These peaceful protests will devolve into "All Hell Breaking Loose" within 2 hrs of the decision in at least 3 of those cities.

*I probably don't know how odds work.

11-17-14, 12:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Grand Jury decision update"
From what I've read as to what the evidence is, I'll go with no indictment.

And I'll go with peaceful protests peppered with attempts to escalate. I hope and believe that people are tired of the all-out rioting.

And Brown's parents were (last I read) at the UN trying to get them to punish the US justice system for not seeing the incident their way, so that focus of protest will be removed. I understand a parent’s need for revenge, but at some point even they should be able to see this with some objectivity.

Estee 56983 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-14, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Grand Jury decision update"
No indictment, one riot with scattered looting, numerous pundits patting themselves on the back for weeks and referencing this every time police power is actually abused, forever. The officer in question appears to be a jerk (put mildly), but there isn't enough evidence to bring charges.

The timing continues to bother me. If all the audio backchecks work out to the actual line of events, things went south at about Mach 7. But... not enough for indictment.

11-19-14, 08:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
A well spoken young man.
http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/11/19/ferguson-activist-justice-is-indictment-for-officer-wilson/

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-20-14, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ferguson, MO"

good grief...

Brownroach 14906 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-14, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Grand Jury decision is in"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-14 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

No probable cause exists to indict Officer Wilson on any of the charges.

11-25-14, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Riots follow"
Media, which was basically praying for riots, rejoices.

Also, Hannity blames grand jury decision on the President.

Seriously. And he did it in advance.

11-25-14, 10:06 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Riots follow"
Whu? Is Hannity now going to accept credit for the decision because he Obama-cursed the jury? His dumb is the dumbest dumb.

The riots were utterly predictable.

11-25-14, 10:40 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Riots follow"
One of my favorite graveyard parts was Wilson thanking his supporters while being careful to say he hadn't read any comments and so had no idea who they were.

Possibly the best planning of the entire sequence.

Georganna 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-25-14, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
The Darren Wilson Grand Jury Record

It is, at 4,779 pages, (sans exhibits and witness/juror names) complete.

The good news is that the font is huge. A wonderful plus for those of us of a certain age ...

G

11-25-14, 01:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-14 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

That's a pretty long report for a No-Indictment verdict.

One way to make sure no one really reads the report is to make it 4779 pages long. A hide it in plain sight ploy.

No one, that is, except the paralegals in the law offices of the attorneys which will be involved in the civil cases to follow.

But then, what the heck, everyone already thinks they know what’s in the report, so why bother to read it?

Georganna 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-25-14, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-14 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

In a normal font, the transcript would probably be about 1/10th of that length.

After about three hours of uninterrupted scanning/reading last evening, I was about 1/3 of the way through it ...

ETA: Here is a more thorough (and longer) compilation of the Grand Jury Record from CNN

G

11-26-14, 12:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ferguson, MO"
I may give it a whirl tomorrow, after a turkey dinner.

(Yeah, that plan needs revising).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •