Hi, y'all! The January 24-30 issue of TV Guide has a story about Average Joe. I haven't seen a post about it here....so here's the "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Average Joe":
1. "Casting hunks is easier that casting Average Joes"- basically says there are lots of hunks in LA, but there were open auditions in 25 cities and in malls and bars to find "a specific mix of types-nerd, brainiac, fat guy, clown"
2. "Larissa got angrier than Melana when she first met the Average Joes"- that was pretty obvious!
3. "The Joes are sequestered until the cameras roll"- they had to stay in their hotel rooms during final casting and could only speak to certain production personnel. They also couldn't talk during the plane trip to HI or on the ride to the resort.
4. "Average Joe 1 and 2 both used the same backup babe"-actress/model Stacy Blosser was in the garage in full makeup, hair and dress on the set of AJ1 and was ready to hop on a plane from LA to HI is things went awry there.
5. "There's a top secret phone line for teh Beauty and her Beau" Apparently some untracable 800 number was set up so they could talk, as long as they weren't w/in earshot of anyone
6. "Uberdork David Daskal isn't faking it" Apparently he is that crazy in real life-YIKES!
7. "Postshow counselling is available" When guys are banished, mental health counsellors are available, as well as psychiatrists by phone.
8. "For the final two, Larissa MUST choose one nerd and one hunk" "The same rule applied to Melana, but it was never enforced because she instictively chose a guy from each group. Larissa, however, had to agree to dismiss equal numbers (of hunks and joes) at each elimination." HMMMMMMM.....kinda takes the "reality" out of it!
9. "Average Jane has not been ruled out"
10. "The fat suit is coming back." "The producers won't reveal who will be piling on the padding this time, but they do promise a 'completely original twist' on last season's 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend'" I wonder what this will turn out to be?