URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 262
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TV Guide article: "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Average Joe""

Posted by carolina girl on 01-23-04 at 04:09 PM
Hi, y'all! The January 24-30 issue of TV Guide has a story about Average Joe. I haven't seen a post about it here....so here's the "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Average Joe":

1. "Casting hunks is easier that casting Average Joes"- basically says there are lots of hunks in LA, but there were open auditions in 25 cities and in malls and bars to find "a specific mix of types-nerd, brainiac, fat guy, clown"

2. "Larissa got angrier than Melana when she first met the Average Joes"- that was pretty obvious!

3. "The Joes are sequestered until the cameras roll"- they had to stay in their hotel rooms during final casting and could only speak to certain production personnel. They also couldn't talk during the plane trip to HI or on the ride to the resort.

4. "Average Joe 1 and 2 both used the same backup babe"-actress/model Stacy Blosser was in the garage in full makeup, hair and dress on the set of AJ1 and was ready to hop on a plane from LA to HI is things went awry there.

5. "There's a top secret phone line for teh Beauty and her Beau" Apparently some untracable 800 number was set up so they could talk, as long as they weren't w/in earshot of anyone

6. "Uberdork David Daskal isn't faking it" Apparently he is that crazy in real life-YIKES!

7. "Postshow counselling is available" When guys are banished, mental health counsellors are available, as well as psychiatrists by phone.

8. "For the final two, Larissa MUST choose one nerd and one hunk" "The same rule applied to Melana, but it was never enforced because she instictively chose a guy from each group. Larissa, however, had to agree to dismiss equal numbers (of hunks and joes) at each elimination." HMMMMMMM.....kinda takes the "reality" out of it!

9. "Average Jane has not been ruled out"

10. "The fat suit is coming back." "The producers won't reveal who will be piling on the padding this time, but they do promise a 'completely original twist' on last season's 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend'" I wonder what this will turn out to be?

Carolina Girl

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TV Guide article: "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Average Joe""
Posted by Chrissy gal on 01-23-04 at 04:19 PM
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Posted by SilverStar on 01-23-04 at 05:24 PM
I was hoping they were going to do the "fat suit" thing again. I thought that was a good twist last season. That makes me mad though that she has to pick (or eliminate) equal amounts of AJ's and Himbo's- it should be completely up to her!

SilverStar

Posted by carolina girl on 01-23-04 at 06:19 PM
10. "The fat suit is coming back." "The producers won't reveal who will be piling on the padding this time, but they do promise a 'completely original twist' on last season's 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend'" I wonder what this will turn out to be?

8. "For the final two, Larissa MUST choose one nerd and one hunk" "The same rule applied to Melana, but it was never enforced because she instictively chose a guy from each group. Larissa, however, had to agree to dismiss equal numbers (of hunks and joes) at each elimination." HMMMMMMM.....kinda takes the "reality" out of it!

I was thinking about this....maybe they will take the hunk that is in the final 2 and put him in a fat suit and talk to her (as his "cousin") to see how Larissa reacts???? Any thoughts?

Carolina Girl

Posted by ladro on 01-23-04 at 07:32 PM
It doesn't surprise me that they will have someone other than Larrissa wear the fat suit. 1. it was pretty lame having melbatoast wear the fat suit because she hardly said anything. 2. Larrissa would probably still look hot in a fat suit.

I think the person wearing the fat suit will be a semi-famous actress known for her figure. Oddly, this is the same prediction I made on the first version of this lame show. I will be vinidcated!!!

Posted by HyperTyper on 01-23-04 at 07:22 PM
The fat suit is coming back - ya!

Posted by escapedude on 01-25-04 at 08:12 PM
>>>>>. "Uberdork David Daskal isn't faking it" Apparently he is that crazy in real life-YIKES!>>.

I thought Dorkskal was an actor..Hard to believe..

I know this was taken from TV Guide but how reliable are these ?

Posted by LeftPinky on 01-26-04 at 10:58 AM
TV Guide = Publicity

created by the amazing JSlice!

Posted by thickthighs on 02-28-04 at 11:12 PM
it doesnt surprise me that the producers tell who to keep..if she had her way ALL the aj's would have been gone and she would iof been happy as a clam with the hunks..
she is so shallow..i am glad the blonde guy played her the way she played Fredo