The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-07, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Usually my mom calls me up to go "Neener neener neener - I've been there and there and there and you haven't..." after a TAR episode (well, she doesn't actually use the word "neener", but you get my drift). HOWEVER, I have actually gone up those stairs (and believe me, that monkey has lots of monkey pals in that neighborhood - they are like pigeons, but much cuter and much smarter) and the caves are at least worth filming! It's a great big cave, it's ancient, there are tons of bats, and everything!

I mean, I know the competition is the thing, but the best thing this show offers are the glimpses of spectacular far-off sights...last night the producers had the contestants climb all those stairs and then we didn't get to see inside the actual CAVES.

Boo! I wanted to speelunk, at least vicariously! I wanted to see the enormous batflock again!

In general, what a waste of Malaysia. Oh, and neener neener neener, unless you're Cayaha...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... HistoryDetective 04-09-07 1
   RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... foonermints 04-09-07 2
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... cynnieb 04-09-07 3
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... KeithFan 04-09-07 4
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... cahaya 04-10-07 5
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... emydi 04-10-07 6
   RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... ginger 04-10-07 7
       RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... cahaya 04-10-07 10
 RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... popeave 04-10-07 8
   RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... ginger 04-10-07 9
   RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... PsychoKitty 04-15-07 11
       RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... mom2bjm 04-15-07 12
           RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE t... PsychoKitty 04-16-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-07, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
I think you left out a couple of words. I fixed it for you.

(and believe me, that monkey has lots of monkey pals in that neighborhood - they are like pigeons, but much cuter and much smarter than Mirna)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Monkeys are classier too. They don't throw as much poop as CM.

Handcrafted by RollDice

cynnieb 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-09-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cynnieb Click to send private message to cynnieb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
I wanted to see in the cave, too. No fair...I felt gypped!

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-07, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Code. Right?

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
In general, what a waste of Malaysia. Oh, and neener neener neener, unless you're Cayaha...

I had to laugh at that! Yeah, it was something of a waste, but it did give a clue how complicated it can be to get around KL on the light-rail transit (LRT) lines, one reason people still hire a taxi. Taxis, incidentally, are quite cheap compared to any other city I've been to, and a few phrases spoken in local dialect will keep the more unscrupulous drivers honest about the fare. The episode also showed just how friendly and helpful Malaysians can be, unless you try to buy newspapers from the 'paper lama' guy trying making a living of it! Both DW and I thought the episode gave a fair portrayal of Malaysia in spite of its brevity.

If it were me, I'd have the teams do the jungle canopy walk not far from Mount Kinabalu in Sabah. Not for the faint-hearted with a fear of heights, as you're almost 100 feet up in the canopy and it's like another world up there.

Finally, there's probably only two degrees of separation for me from most of the Malaysians captured on the episode - it's a small world there. I used to shop for those very same cloths ('batik') for DW to have tailored, and I know a lot of people in Kampung Baru as well as Sri Hartamas, with friends in both locales.

Rays of light by tribe.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Sorry ginger...EPMB bought all the rights to show bats on reality shows this year...

Jerry B didn't want to get sued

04-10-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Bats are pretty groovy. They eat mosquitos. You can get really fond of them in Asia for this penchant alone.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Yup, they come out right at dusk and if you're outside walking/jogging, they'll buzz right by you scooping up the cloud of Aides mosquitos following you around. Gotta love those bats!

Rays of light by tribe.

But hate those mosquitos. I got bed-ridden in the hospital for five days with dengue, which is carried by them. Ick.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-07, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
I kept thinking they had edited something out. Didn't understand the point to going to the steps to the caves but not in! Woulda been cool.

04-10-07, 06:34 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
The cave(s) are HUGE and fairly well lit, too, so I'm not sure why we didn't enter. Perhaps there was a problem with the film crew having access or something.

If you go on line, you can find pictures of the insides of the caves.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Wilayah_Persekutuan/Kuala_Lumpur-1282074/Things_To_Do-Kuala_Lumpur-Batu_Caves-BR-1.html

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Hi! Late arrival here - did they actually have a job to do at the caves? It looked like they just had to grab the clue on the stairs and from there went to the batik or cookie challenges. Was there another "challenge?"

thanks!
Pyschokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Nope, they went UP the stairs to get the clue, and then back down.. as far as we know.

My hippos love Tribe!

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-07, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Could We Not Have Gone INSIDE the Cave?"
Thank you Mom2bjm That's what I thought. It's nice to know I'm not imagining things. . .

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •