The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So Sorry Ty,..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-08-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So Sorry Ty,..."
...but I think you're going home. I was prepared for you to take it all, but you ended on repeated material--disappointed! I've loved you for weeks now, and you started out very funny tonight, but you ran out of jokes and did the deadly sin of repeating your stuff ON THE FINALE!

I wasn't even offended by your drug references last week, and I have personal reasons to take offense, but the "bag of tuberculosis" thing was original and FUNNY!

But, unfortunately, I don't think you'll win over Josh's ever-funny self-deprecating humor. I wish you the best!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So Sorry Ty,... Jims02 08-08-06 1
   RE: So Sorry Ty,... Fishercat 08-08-06 2
       RE: So Sorry Ty,... jennven 08-08-06 3
           RE: So Sorry Ty,... KaysarGOTjipped 08-08-06 4
       RE: So Sorry Ty,... reev0098 08-08-06 5
 RE: So Sorry Ty,... BOYmeetsREALITY 08-09-06 6
   RE: So Sorry Ty,... KaysarGOTjipped 08-09-06 7
 RE: So Sorry Ty,... CantStandToLook 08-09-06 8
   RE: So Sorry Ty,... badfatty 08-09-06 9
 RE: So Sorry Ty,... NewFan 08-10-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
I've always expected Josh Blue to win this whole thing. Just basically because he's both incredibly unique and likeable in his self-deprecating way. I'd be absolutely shocked if Ty wins this thing. Shocked.

...Still, I think Ty is the better comedian of the two, even if he did rehash his final joke. I really, really, really didn't like that. Still, I'd say the rest of his set was much funnier than Josh's tonight. I really enjoyed some of his jokes about the racism and makeup. It's really too bad he totally botched the end of his set.

One of the problems I have with Josh is that his jokes are very Cerebral Palsy oriented, for obvious reasons. And, in some ways, there are only so many jokes you can do about that subject. In short, the CP jokes don't really pack as much punch lately, which is 90% of Josh's material. I find myself sitting through the same kind of observation, week after week. Although his wallet routine was pretty hilarious.

I'm rooting for Ty, but I fully expect Josh to win.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-08-06, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
Jims and I are 100% on the same wavelength here

jennven 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-08-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennven Click to send private message to jennven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
Most comedians use material that comes from their life in some way. CP is his life and it is great to see a disabled individual have the ability to laugh at himself and be ok with others laughing with him!! he totally out-performed Ty tonight. So sorry Ty!! GO JOSH!!!

KaysarGOTjipped 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-08-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KaysarGOTjipped Click to send private message to KaysarGOTjipped Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
so true..........Josh has this in the bag! He's been the funniest ever since we first saw him in the auditions.

He deserves his own TV show. He's hilarious, original, REAL and I hope he goes far w/ his career.

TY's material is getting old. He's funny but can't keep it funny til the end.

GO JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reev0098 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-08-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reev0098 Click to send private message to reev0098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
You can add me to that percentage. Ty is so much funnier than Josh. It's just that Josh is so cute and unique. I think he should be rewarded for that in some kind of way. I work with people with disabilities or what I like to say different abilities. I am glad he is inspiring so many out there to be whatever it is they want to be, they need that type of encouragement. But if it's suppose to be about comedy, Ty has it in the bag. Go Ty!

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-09-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
It all comes down to this: "Who would you be most entertained by if you had to pay $50 a ticket to see?"

After some deliberation, I'd have to conclude that TY could better keep an audience entertained in a "live club" for an hour than Josh. TY's delivery, timing, and original material would probably be much better than Josh's.

On the other hand, the prize here is a possible TV show. I have to say, I believe JOSH could better pull off the "22-minute sitcom" than TY could. The script possibilities for JOSH are endless, and could include everysingle thing you've ever seen already on a TV show....only through the experience of someone with CP!

With that said, I'd have to vote for JOSH...and then hope one of these "Grand Prizes" finally materializes on a television set somewhere!!!

KaysarGOTjipped 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-09-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KaysarGOTjipped Click to send private message to KaysarGOTjipped Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
My husband and I would definately buy a ticket to see Josh Blue! He's awesome.

Ty WAS really funny last night but I'm looking at the entire season. From start to finish Josh has been the most consistantly funny thru out. He's kept that bar raised high, where as Ty has improved over the course of the show. That's great but Josh just has that "it" factor. His delivery, his material, his personality and he has that amazing "likability" going for him.

I really hope that Josh gets a TV show out of this. It would be a hit for sure.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
When it came down to the final three I struggled to pick who I liked better though I think america definitely got it right making it between Josh and Ty. I think Ty's material is more mainstream and his delivery is awesome. Josh is just funny period and I think that could win him the whole thing. I would be happy with either of these guys taking the title.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

badfatty 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-09-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badfatty Click to send private message to badfatty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-06 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

Ty's act was still awesome, the recycled joke at the end swayed me 0%
I love Ty and hope he wins, he absolutely deserves it.
Josh is great too, Ty has just been my favorite from the very beginning.
I would like to think that, like me, true Ty fans would not let 2 seconds cancel out what we already know about him--that he's a comic genius and was worthy of winning after that just as much as he was before it.
Go Ty, go!

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-10-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
Last night (final show, winner announced) Ty had some more new material, and he was VERY funny. It's too bad he couldn't come up with that in the finale. Maybe he froze up or something...

Oh well, both comics were great. I enjoyed the run, and either one could have taken it. My favorite was still Ty however. Yes, Josh is cute and very funny, and I wish him all the best. But his act is a bit one-noted with all the CP slant. Hopefully if his TV show comes to fruition, the writers will be able to work in all kinds of situations that take advantage of his very likeable personality, his athletic ability, and of course his CP.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •