URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 329
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So Sorry Ty,..."

Posted by NewFan on 08-08-06 at 10:13 PM
...but I think you're going home. I was prepared for you to take it all, but you ended on repeated material--disappointed! I've loved you for weeks now, and you started out very funny tonight, but you ran out of jokes and did the deadly sin of repeating your stuff ON THE FINALE!

I wasn't even offended by your drug references last week, and I have personal reasons to take offense, but the "bag of tuberculosis" thing was original and FUNNY!

But, unfortunately, I don't think you'll win over Josh's ever-funny self-deprecating humor. I wish you the best!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So Sorry Ty,..."
Posted by Jims02 on 08-08-06 at 10:21 PM
I've always expected Josh Blue to win this whole thing. Just basically because he's both incredibly unique and likeable in his self-deprecating way. I'd be absolutely shocked if Ty wins this thing. Shocked.

...Still, I think Ty is the better comedian of the two, even if he did rehash his final joke. I really, really, really didn't like that. Still, I'd say the rest of his set was much funnier than Josh's tonight. I really enjoyed some of his jokes about the racism and makeup. It's really too bad he totally botched the end of his set.

One of the problems I have with Josh is that his jokes are very Cerebral Palsy oriented, for obvious reasons. And, in some ways, there are only so many jokes you can do about that subject. In short, the CP jokes don't really pack as much punch lately, which is 90% of Josh's material. I find myself sitting through the same kind of observation, week after week. Although his wallet routine was pretty hilarious.

I'm rooting for Ty, but I fully expect Josh to win.

Posted by Fishercat on 08-08-06 at 10:35 PM
Jims and I are 100% on the same wavelength here

Posted by jennven on 08-08-06 at 10:44 PM
Most comedians use material that comes from their life in some way. CP is his life and it is great to see a disabled individual have the ability to laugh at himself and be ok with others laughing with him!! he totally out-performed Ty tonight. So sorry Ty!! GO JOSH!!!

Posted by KaysarGOTjipped on 08-08-06 at 11:30 PM
so true..........Josh has this in the bag! He's been the funniest ever since we first saw him in the auditions.

He deserves his own TV show. He's hilarious, original, REAL and I hope he goes far w/ his career.

TY's material is getting old. He's funny but can't keep it funny til the end.

GO JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by reev0098 on 08-08-06 at 11:34 PM
You can add me to that percentage. Ty is so much funnier than Josh. It's just that Josh is so cute and unique. I think he should be rewarded for that in some kind of way. I work with people with disabilities or what I like to say different abilities. I am glad he is inspiring so many out there to be whatever it is they want to be, they need that type of encouragement. But if it's suppose to be about comedy, Ty has it in the bag. Go Ty!

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 08-09-06 at 10:31 AM
It all comes down to this: "Who would you be most entertained by if you had to pay $50 a ticket to see?"

After some deliberation, I'd have to conclude that TY could better keep an audience entertained in a "live club" for an hour than Josh. TY's delivery, timing, and original material would probably be much better than Josh's.

On the other hand, the prize here is a possible TV show. I have to say, I believe JOSH could better pull off the "22-minute sitcom" than TY could. The script possibilities for JOSH are endless, and could include everysingle thing you've ever seen already on a TV show....only through the experience of someone with CP!

With that said, I'd have to vote for JOSH...and then hope one of these "Grand Prizes" finally materializes on a television set somewhere!!!

Posted by KaysarGOTjipped on 08-09-06 at 10:48 AM
My husband and I would definately buy a ticket to see Josh Blue! He's awesome.

Ty WAS really funny last night but I'm looking at the entire season. From start to finish Josh has been the most consistantly funny thru out. He's kept that bar raised high, where as Ty has improved over the course of the show. That's great but Josh just has that "it" factor. His delivery, his material, his personality and he has that amazing "likability" going for him.

I really hope that Josh gets a TV show out of this. It would be a hit for sure.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 08-09-06 at 01:12 PM
When it came down to the final three I struggled to pick who I liked better though I think america definitely got it right making it between Josh and Ty. I think Ty's material is more mainstream and his delivery is awesome. Josh is just funny period and I think that could win him the whole thing. I would be happy with either of these guys taking the title.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

Posted by badfatty on 08-09-06 at 05:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-06 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

Ty's act was still awesome, the recycled joke at the end swayed me 0%
I love Ty and hope he wins, he absolutely deserves it.
Josh is great too, Ty has just been my favorite from the very beginning.
I would like to think that, like me, true Ty fans would not let 2 seconds cancel out what we already know about him--that he's a comic genius and was worthy of winning after that just as much as he was before it.
Go Ty, go!

Posted by NewFan on 08-10-06 at 09:57 AM
Last night (final show, winner announced) Ty had some more new material, and he was VERY funny. It's too bad he couldn't come up with that in the finale. Maybe he froze up or something...

Oh well, both comics were great. I enjoyed the run, and either one could have taken it. My favorite was still Ty however. Yes, Josh is cute and very funny, and I wish him all the best. But his act is a bit one-noted with all the CP slant. Hopefully if his TV show comes to fruition, the writers will be able to work in all kinds of situations that take advantage of his very likeable personality, his athletic ability, and of course his CP.