The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Millionaire Forum (Protected)
Original message

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
Fairy Tale of Joe Millionaire
Chapter 2

As we open, this chapter, of the fairy tale that is Joe Millionaire, Paul, our favorite butler informs us that tonight is a big ball for the ladies in waiting to meet the Prince, aka David. But what the girls don’t know is, that at the stroke of midnight, some of them will turn into pumpkins as soon as the ball is over.

Before the big event, Lady Lina, from Sweden, and some of the other girls are discussing their brief meeting with David. They said that he seemed shy and a little nervous. (How many times are we going to here him described this way during this episode? Not sure, but I guarantee, that if this was a drinking game, and you took a drink after every time the word shy was uttered, you would be drunk faster than you can say Texas.) Mister Paul overheard some of these comments, and reminded the girls not to underestimate a cowboy.

With two hours to go before the big event, the ladies in waiting are primping for their first meeting with the prince. The girls get to pick dresses, and have their hair and make-up professionally done (for some of them, I think they could have used a personality makeover at the same time, but, alas, that did not happen, sorry Prince.) Fox TV decides to prove that women all over the world are the same when it comes to competing for a man, and shows the evil step-sister side of some of the girls. We are treated to a montage of ladies telling some how great they look to their faces, and then in confessionals, saying how horrible the girl really looks. (Gotta love Olinda’s comments about Anique wearing a “poison green dress with her nipples showing. Gee, do you think the Prince may like that dress? I think Anique just secured a place for the next round.) Just a reminder girls, the evil step-sisters trying to sabotage Cinderella didn’t work, and it won’t work for you either.

Now for the women watching, we get to see the Prince getting ready for the ball. He wants to make a good first impression while trying to find his princess. (Have to say thank you to the producers for including plenty of clips of a shirtless Prince for us to enjoy. As CQvenus wrote in her summary last week, if he would just not talk, it would be even better. Can’t agree more!) The Prince gets into his tuxedo coat and walks out of the door. But wait, something is missing … his bow tie. Now what kind of Prince/faux millionaire goes to a ball without a tie? Guess he’s just being rebellious about his strict southern upbringing, and since he could wear spurs at the table, decides there is no reason for a tie with a tux.

Time for the Ball
He saw the ladies from a distance, but it was finally time to have formal introductions individually with each of them. (With the amount of times, that the Prince stuck his foot in his mouth during this episode, I’m starting a Cringe-o-meter for some of his comments to the girls. 1 is low, 10 is high.)

Lady Olinda, from Sweden: works in fashion. She was shaking quite a bit, and her lips were quivering as she met the Prince (must be some rare allergic due to the collagen injections in her lips. I’m not sure I’ve seen such big lips on anyone, except perhaps Julia Roberts.) The prince offered her some champagne, and before you can say yes, she was at the bar downing a glass.

Lady Linda, from the Czech Republic. Can’t rip on her too much. She was really a pretty girl, and seemed to be very sweet. She told the Prince that she was a model. And he responds that he can definitely see that.
Cringe rating = 0

Next up is Lady Lina, from Sweden. The Prince asked if she had heard of Texas before. Her response, was “Texas, yeah, sure, howdy.” (Lina, honey, there is more to Texas that old episodes of Dallas and old western movies, you may want to check that out sometime.) He said that he wasn’t sure what to think of her, she seemed fun, but thought she was in it for the money. (NO! say it isn’t so
Cringe rating for meeting with Lina = 8

Lady Alessia, from Italy. The prince can’t understand a word she said to him. Thank goodness for subtitles, because I couldn’t either. Apparently, she asked him something about the horse. Well, we know how much he likes the horse, so that was definitely a good question to start with on her part. However, I have to question her skill when it comes to numbers, according to Fox she is 26. I’m wondering what kind of calendar she uses to calculate her birthdays, because she looks more like 36.

Lady Karolina, from the Czech Republic. She is getting a masters degree, doesn’t say in what though, since when does Master’s translate to a Mrs. Degree? (And I can’t resist commenting on her dress, let’s just say she was showing so much skin and cleavage, that JLo looked almost conservative in that blue/green dress from the Grammy Awards a few years ago.)

Lady Giada, from Italy (note: proper pronunciation is Gawda, close to gawdy, which describes that leopard print thing she was wearing.) She is from Italy, but just a hop and a skip away from where they are staying. (I swear the Prince said that, not me.)

Lady Jerusha, from Germany. He asked what city she was from. She politely replied, Berlin. He then responded that “That’s the capital, right? I’m smarter than I thought I was.” (Well, I won’t go that far, Prince, you just need to stand there and look pretty, and you will be better off. And I just loved the look on Paul’s face when he said that.)
Cringe rating = 10

Lady Johanna, law student from Germany. She said that she was from Berlin. He said which is the capital city, of course. (Gee, I’m surprised he retained that knowledge from oh, what 5 seconds before that meeting another girl from the same city, and using the same line on her.

Lady Yassamin, also from Italy. She was only with the Prince for about 2 seconds, and nothing worthy to repeat from their meeting.

Lady Tereza from the Czech Republic. The only thing I remember about her was that she was wearing a red dress, and had her hair done in some funky ponytail, that she should sue the hair stylist for letting her go on camera that way.

Lady Kristyna another lady from the Czech Republic. The Prince made some odd comment about how all girls from the Czech Republic are beautiful, because all of the ones he has seen on TV are good looking.

Lady Anique hails from The Netherlands. She is a student, so the Prince mentions that he is studying kinesiology (study of muscular development, for those like me, and Anique who didn’t know what he was talking about.) This is the first time he mentioned being a student, so I’m not sure if this is true, but if it was a lie, he did that very convincingly (For the one and only time during this episode.)

Lady Petra is also from The Netherlands. I guess the Prince’s tutoring with Mister Paul paid off, because he did remember that Holland is where they wear the wooden shoes. He then must have caught Paul’s look of disgust, and immediately changed the subject, and offered her a drink. I guess he was trying to get her tipsy in hopes she would forget what he said.

Cringe rating: 40 (10 from me, and 15 from Paul the Butler, and 15 from Petra)

And last, is Lady Cat from Germany. When she enters, there are no more chairs available, so the wait staff offers to help move a chair, but our Prince jumps to the rescue, and swings a large chair over his head, and moves it for Cat. How classy of him, not! (Guess those years of wrestling with bulls and such paid off for him though.) The girls may be dumb enough to overlook the moving of furniture, thinking he was being a gentleman. But how many Princes/faux multi-millionaires move their own furniture? None would be my guess.
Again the Cringe-o-meter is about to go off the charts, rating of 50

As the grand ball continues, the Prince learns some of the European customs, and how to say cheers in a few languages, and while he is at it, he teaches the ladies a little English. He toasts them by saying “get wasted!” Now that is definitely a phrase that these girls like and have no problem understanding, just think back to the first episode, and one of them being so drunk that she slept in her sunglasses.

Time for a Grilling (with the Prince as the main course.)
The ladies corner the Prince and ask him why he says ma’am to everyone, because they assume that it is because he can’t remember their names. He explains that it is just a polite thing, and that it a strong part of his Southern roots. (Not that I believed the line, but I have to say nice save, Prince.)
Cringe Rating = 1

The ladies in waiting change the topic of conversation to the Prince’s favorite one, his horse, Hurricane. They ask him where the horse was, and if it’s his, and lots of other things. (I swear his response to these questions make him look like a worse liar than Bill Clinton trying to explain the Monica Lewinsky situation.) He fumbled around for a minute, and said that he owned Hurricane, and that he had brought the horse over on a plane from the U.S. (Apparently, he said that he never thought to say that he bought the horse in Italy. No kidding! I think if Hurricane had been there, he could have come up with a better lie than the Prince.)
Cringe Rating = 100 (Even Hurricane was cringing in the stables at that story.)

Lina decided that she wanted to be the first one to dance with the Prince. So they danced, and all of the other ladies took their turns to waltz, minuet, or whatever you want to call what they did, across the floor with the Prince.

Paul, declared that it was time for the Prince to leave for a while. It was decision time. The Prince was to narrow the ladies in waiting to 11 out of 14. I’m not sure how he was able to choose the top 11 girls, when he could not even form a coherent sentence to describe the evening. I have a feeling Paul had a very long evening helping him out with this large task.

Samantha (our hostess) arrived to greet the ladies in the ballroom. (Wow, Fox, you made a good decision to have a female hostess this year. I know you said there was one last year, but the audience doesn’t remember her.). Nonetheless, Samantha then springs in on the girls that 3 will turn into pumpkins, and will no longer be a part of the show in a little while, and that 11 of them will receive pearl necklaces as an invitation to stay. They are in shock, and some are already crying because of this news. (Good grief, what was the deal with the tears? Have they been watching this season of The Bachelor and taking lessons from the women on that show?)

Midnight Stikes
As the Prince and Paul came in the room, all eyes were on the tray of necklaces Paul held. Who will they go to? The Prince gave his farewell speech. In essence: Y’all are amazing. Please don’t take any of this to heart.

The chosen are:
Karolina, who was described as sweet and classy

Alessia, The Prince said she was wild and full of energy. (My opinion is annoying, and overly dramatic – when she went to accept the pearls, she bowed at his feet, but I’m sure he loved that)

Lina, she had a very smug look as he placed the necklace on her, and mentioned something about “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (Sorry Lina, he lives on a ranch, so there is not a Starbucks or a mall within walking distance. But why would anyone think she was in it for the money?)

Kristyna, said she was beautiful and would be cool to hang out with her

Tereza, soft-hearted, and first to thank him

Olinda, she said that she was happy now. But the Prince feels
that she was uppity, but attractive, so, he would give her a shot.

Anique, described her as beautiful, but wanted to figure out her personality

Cat, pretty woman, and they had good eye contact

Giada, nice but quiet

Linda, said he was very attracted to her, and she is a definite
prospect

Petra, very nice and hones, looking forward to hanging out with her

The other three turned into pumpkins (Johanna, Jerusha, and Yassamin). However, before they leftthe castle, the Prince wanted to assure them that he didn’t want to hurt anyone. “Aw, shucks, y’all are beautiful, don’t go away feeling down.” The girls really didn’t care what the Prince had to say, and glared at him with their arms crossed over their chests until Paul took them out of the ballroom.

This concludes this chapter of our fairy tale. Who will the Prince choose to be his Princess? Will it be happily ever after? Only time will tell. Let’s just hope that the ladies in waiting are not getting to used to castle life, after all, they are a long way from Texas and his ranch. One last question, do you suppose Hurricane will be going back to Texas with him, also?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire S... ginger 10-29-03 1
 good job! cqvenus 10-29-03 2
 RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire S... Tiger Lily 10-29-03 3
 Bravo!! buckeyegirl 10-29-03 4
 RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire S... Deonna 11-01-03 5
 Good summary! Guppin1234 11-02-03 6
 RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire S... Schnookie Palookie 11-03-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
V. good. Enjoyed the cringe scale.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "good job!"
I was thinking the same thing about his frumpy no-tie decision. ICK. He looked like an utter slob.

Button your shirt, put on a tie, and button your frickin' jacket! KNOW YOUR ROLE. Moron.

thanks for this summary. I too enjoyed the cringe-o-meter.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-29-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
Great summary! I liked the fairy tale theme- very funny.

Sentence first. Verdict afterwards.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-03, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Bravo!!"

Awesome summary!! Some of my favorite lines:
The Prince was to narrow the ladies in waiting to 11 out of 14. I’m not sure how he was able to choose the top 11 girls, when he could not even form a coherent sentence to describe the evening. I have a feeling Paul had a very long evening helping him out with this large task.
--lmao on this one!
My absolute favorite:
Samantha (our hostess) arrived to greet the ladies in the ballroom. (Wow, Fox, you made a good decision to have a female hostess this year. I know you said there was one last year, but the audience doesn’t remember her.

And of course I *hearted* this oneEsp.as I had the summary with all the tears in it.)

(Good grief, what was the deal with the tears? Have they been watching this season of The Bachelor and taking lessons from the women on that show?)

I lvoe my PhoenixMons Creation
~Thinks Greeneyes should come on over to OT....

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-01-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
Thanks for the excellent summary! Unfortunately, I missed this weeks episodes, so I appreciate you keeping me up to speed. Love your cringe rating! I could definitely see it happening.

Deonna

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-02-03, 05:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Good summary!"
"Lady Petra...Prince’s tutoring with Mister Paul paid off...they wear the wooden shoes. He then must have caught Paul’s look of disgust, and immediately changed the subject, and offered her a drink. I guess he was trying to get her tipsy in hopes she would forget what he said.

Cringe rating: 40 (10 from me, and 15 from Paul the Butler, and 15 from Petra)"

Off the charts, love it!

Wow, David is having a rather tough time. He's just so not on the same level as these ladies. Everything that he says ends up sounding so grade schoolish. "Please don't go away down or nothin'" "Now git your stuff and get in that thing and drive away" The mister Paul thing is getting irritating.

Dad should have sent David to finishing school, cause he's not even under construction.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Fairy Tale (Joe Millionaire Summary -- Episoe 2)"
Great summary Greeneyes. What got me laughing right from the start was that you actually called them "ladies"

Loved the cringe-o-meter.

"(Apparently, he said that he never thought to say that he bought the horse in Italy. No kidding! I think if Hurricane had been there, he could have come up with a better lie than the Prince.)
Cringe Rating = 100 (Even Hurricane was cringing in the stables at that story.)"

LOL. I think Hurricane is the star of this show.

Thanks for the laughs.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •