The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

ballerina_of_doom 1462 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ballerina_of_doom Click to send private message to ballerina_of_doom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
Mission Predictable

In what can only be described as the most riveting hour and 5 minutes of scheduled television, For Love or Money wrapped up scenario one. Like the finest July 4th pyrotechnic display, we were treated to thrills, chills, and....

Ok, so it fizzled like a roman candle in a hurricane. But still, Preston pressed on and put everyone out of their misery at long last.

We begin with a touching vignette of flashbacks, voiceovers and more flashbacks. After the credits roll, just in case you thought you knew what you were watching, and understood the concept, there's another flashback sequence explaining the ever changing rules of the game. Go ahead and remove your brain now. You won't be needing that for the next hour or so.

Time Check: 10 minutes 03 seconds into the show

Rachel and PJ are the final ladies shrews contestants left, and we're forced to endure a recap of the fallen women who have gone before tonight's loser. It is a long recap. (Hey, they've got an hour and 5 minutes to kill, and lots of useable recaps courtesy of the local film school Editing 101 class.) After seemingly endless minutes of reminding us who has been sent home, and that they could win an actual million dollars here, we finally see Preston pensively pondering his future career at Burger King possibilities. The shot is brief, fleeting even. Like the last thought in Preston's brain...dying of loneliness, choking on cobwebs, or hairspray.

By the way, Rachel? Not in it for the money, unless it's a lot of money. She just wants to be loved. But she's not going to walk away from a buttload of money. (Honestly, is that her way of saying "If I lose, you can shove that check right up your keester."?)

Time check: 12 minutes 45 seconds

And they're eating...again. There's only two left, we're reminded....again. PJ's mind is blown. She mentions this often. Rachel whines about how other girls talked bad about her and she's just misunderstood. PJ feels bad that Rachel trusts her when she's really a backstabber, like the rest. She doesn't feel that*bad, though.

Jordan pops in and shows them what's in yet another mystery box and as if they needed reminding, tells them that soon it will all come to an end and Preston will make his decision, then they're to decide between Love or Money. (What a clever phrase! Wouldn't that make a great title for a reality show?)

Rachel and PJ drool over the prospect of a million dollars again. This may take a while, so if you need a drink, go get it now.

Jordan tells the girls that one has a check for a million, and the other has a whole stinkin' dollar. PJ has a gut feeling hers is the million. PJ has many gut feelings. PJ should see an doctor about that. If this made no sense to you, then you're right on the money...so to speak. Jordan has to show off his math skills and tell the girls there's a 50% chance of having the million. We, the audience, are supposed to be awed.

Rachel claims she wants the dollar so she wont feel bad not looking like a schmuck in front of the 3 people still watching this show when she picks Preston instead of the money *coughcoughliarcough*, but what really fascinates this girl is plain and simple: $$$$$$$. No questioning her motives. Nuh uh. Also, she's really competitive. She just wants to win, THEN make the choice. Any bets on who gets the last word in *any* conversation with this one?

PJ has another gut feeling. Someone call 911.

Blah blah blah, feelings...blah blah blah, connection....blah blah blah "he loves me not the money and if not then he really fooled me" money....we're how many minutes into the show?

...and NOTHING has happened! Unless you count the re-explaination of the rules and recap of the 'twists'.

PJ feels sick to her stomach over the thought of never seeing Preston again. Get the oxygen ready.

Cue terrible soap opera music, and add some not very convincing voiceovers about their intentions, and let's break for commercial!

Time check: 16 minutes

Preston is brought to the mansion in a limo. Clearly he's dressed up for the occasion. Rumpled shirt nicely untucked with sleeves rolled up, completed by...is that a leather bracelet? Blah blah blah, Jordan explains stuff some more. Blah blah blah, Preston laments his difficult decision. Oh look! Pictures all over the wall, with two dramatically lit! How poignant. That Jordan is quite the master of obvious. Which makes Preston Captain Oblivion. Jordan leaves Preston to his thoughts. Shouldn't take long. Pensive Preston talks about what a headstrong girl Rachel is (Webster's has a different definition, but I'm not going to nitpick) and PJ is has potential for long term commitment. He has to choose one. Oh this is so tense! Have lunch with the girls! That should help things.

Rachel will be 'hurt' if she doesn't win. This requires mentioning because she's not in it for the money.

During lunch with Preston, PJ says she's glad she's been herself through the entire thing, and Rachel replies "So have I, and people have hated me for it." PJ rolls her eyes. It is truly a beautiful moment. Saucer of milk, anyone? Preston comments that this ending is the start of something new (or something like that) and PJ says "Well if you think about it, it could be." Rachel rolls her eyes. These two are such good friends, for a couple of bloodthirsty piranha.

Preston asks PJ to take a walk with him, and Rachel looks...miffed? Stunned? Angry? Well....like Rachel. PJ and Preston have a nice walk, and talk. What will she want from him if he picks her? Does he know she has a lot to offer? Can we build the tension any higher without losing ratings? PJ has a gut feeling he's going to choose Rachel. She feels it in her gut. She is frustrated. Could it be she needs more fiber?

Time check: 24 minutes 22 seconds

Rachel takes her walk with Preston and really puts on an act. She pushes hard, which clearly makes Preston concerned. It almost shows on his face. Preston calls her out on her doubting him. She tries to defend herself by questioning him for questioning her. Then urges him to pick her so she can prove she's in it for love. It makes such perfect sense! Why, Dr Evil's got nothing on this girl.

Blah blah blah, smooch slobber blah blah crazy about you blah blah blah desparate words from Rachzilla.

Rachel goes back to the house where she lays it on thick for PJ, who is by now simply convinced she's out of the game. Rachel smells blood and goes in for the kill. PJ has more gut feelings and Rachel feasts on her guts a while. It's not a pleasant sight. Rachel knows exactly how she's affecting PJ. Is it any wonder the others didn't like her?

Flash forward to morning, and there is more mundane activity, and lots more voiceovers. It's not worth detailing, but the tension is mounting (for them, anyway. There's a lot of money at stake, if you're into that sort of thing.). The whole day is covered....slowly....with more scenic footage of their turmoil and strife. "I dont want to give up a great guy....for a dollar!" Rachel reminds us, because she's not in it for the money. PJ is frustrated, and emotional.

Time check: 32 minutes

Night falls as fast as the viewing audience, and Preston is ready to choose. The questionably clad women are told separately to go to him and in what is possibly the worst editing job in the history of television (and another mention from Jordan as to why they're in the game) we're finally there.

Rachel is first....no, PJ is...no it's a split screen! Oh wait, Rachel *is* first. Preston talks on and on and in the interest of condensing as best I can, it went something like this.

Time check: 37 minutes 07 seconds

Preston: You're a great girl, and I really dig you, but...
Rachel: *smile* Yes I know. Just tell me now that you've picked me and we'll get this humiliation thing over with, loser. Besides, I could have picked another stupid dollar for my mystery check.....and I'm not in it for the money.

Preston: I think you're really special, but...
PJ: mm hmm...yes...hmmmm

Preston: After about 30 seconds of talking to you, I realized you were probably the girl for me, except for that part about you being in this for the money....and you're a psycho.
Rachel: *smile* Yes, but I really really like you. *crinkle nose and lay on the cutesy stuff*

Preston: You didn't really like...open up to me, like...but..um...hmm..uhh...
PJ: mmm hmmm....yes...hmmmmm

Preston: So, I've chosen......
Rachel: *mentally counting how far a million will go*

Preston: But you met me halfway....in a tent...and *pant pant*...I choose YOU, Pikachu!
PJ: Huh???

Preston: I've chosen....PJ
Rachel: Huh??

It's all like some really bad soap opera, replete with that same cheesy music as before, but now with some fancy black and white fades in the editing.

In the aftermath, all smooches and mushiness ensues on the Preston/PJ focus, but all is not well in humiliation-land. Rachel is not going quietly into that good night. How could he NOT pick her, after all! Admittedly it was mildly entertaining to watch, but after the third selfish query as to why he didn't think she was entirely perfect, it's just painful. She thinks he made a mistake (what a trooper) and wants to know why he's making this mistake. She cannot believe he's kicking her out! It's rather a surprise they don't have to cut her finger off to get the ring back. However, Preston is not to be swayed. Maybe he has some primitive brain after all. Still, Rachel is 'disappointed'.

So, Rachel runs up to her room, punches the pillow, fakes a few tears and conjures up pained looks before running down lickety split to see how much she was supposedly 'worth'. She was seriously overpriced, whatever the amount, but she looks at the amount on her check, voiceover exclaims "Unbelievable!" and she tosses said check in the fireplace where it becomes as superfluous as her temper tantrums.

To sum it all up...

Dumping heartless, selfish shrew: $1,000,000
Choosing nice girl who actually might think you're ok, but still lose the money because you chose 'love': $1.00
Getting your 15 minutes of fame: Priceless.

So that's about it....or so you thought. There's more!

Time check: 49 minutes 04 seconds

In a surprising twist, there's a whole new game beginning, and Rachel is now in Preston's place. She's happy, she's smiling. She's clearly over her anguish of two weeks ago. But she's not in it for the money. She has a whooooole bunch of guys vying for her now! And the best part is....no competition......or is there.

In a surprising twist, there's a whole new game beginning, and Rachel is now in Preston's place, but Andrea is brought in as competition...only neither knows it quite yet!

Ohhhh this should be fun. Sparks will fly, hilarity will ensue, and I'm pretty sure egos will falter. Jordan reminds us 3700 more times that there are new rules, and money, and love, and by the way, lots of twists.

I have a gut feeling this will not be pretty.

No clocks were harmed in the writing of this summary.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary CantStandToLook 07-06-04 1
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary Puffy 07-06-04 2
   RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary tennismenace 07-06-04 3
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary cqvenus 07-07-04 4
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary tig_ger 07-07-04 5
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary woeisme1 07-07-04 6
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary buckeyegirl 07-07-04 7
 RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary Schnookie Palookie 07-09-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
I would post my favorite parts but the whole dam thing was so funny I would have to just copy and paste the whole thing.

Show=Predictable Summary=Hilarious, Uproarious, Snarky fun

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-04, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "

Fun summary; you said it perfectly. And so fast too!

AKA Puff Homes
J Slice original
The order of the banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

tennismenace 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-06-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tennismenace Click to send private message to tennismenace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
Awesome job! Thanks for the laughs.

It was painful to watch that bad acting. I'm sure PJ and Preston parted ways immediately after taping. I wonder how much they got paid to make that deal?

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "

yay for BoDy! good job!!! that was great! and fast! and you were so busy this week... you amaze me.

keep on rockin' 'em out!

~ cq

Pensive Preston talks about what a headstrong girl Rachel is (Webster's has a different definition, but I'm not going to nitpick) <-- *hehehehehe*

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-07-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
No clocks may have been harmed in the writing of this summary; however, I can assure you that more than one computer screen was harmed in the reading of said summary. Don't mind me, I'm just mopping up here.

Great summary! My fave line: The shot is brief, fleeting even. Like the last thought in Preston's brain...dying of loneliness, choking on cobwebs, or hairspray.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

woeisme1 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-07-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
You know, Boo, I don't even watch most of the RT shows, this one included, but you rock!

Great job sweety!

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

Go here>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID31/475.shtml, go now, I need you

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
That was priceless! I loved every minute of it!! We'll have to remember the nick Rachizlla for the next show.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: FLOM 3 Ep 5: Official Summary "
*claps her hands* Excellent summary BoD! I agree that the editing / split screen at the end was horrible.

"I choose YOU, Pikachu!" *giggle*

Thanks for the laughs!

The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •