The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rachel a setup?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tikirini308 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-15-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tikirini308 Click to send private message to Tikirini308 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rachel a setup?"
Does anyone else feel that Rachel is a setup. When you watch her she totally overacts, especially with her facial expressions. I think that they put her on there for variety, but I still don't think that she is a "real" contestant. I also believe Preston is told to keep her.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rachel a setup? zipit 06-15-04 1
   RE: Rachel a setup? mmm_link 06-15-04 2
       RE: Rachel a setup? mookiemeister 06-16-04 6
           RE: Rachel a setup? mmm_link 06-17-04 8
   RE: Rachel a setup? mizbitt 06-20-04 9
 RE: Rachel a setup? Drive My Car 06-15-04 3
   RE: Rachel a setup? tig_ger 06-15-04 4
 RE: Rachel a setup? motormouth 06-16-04 5
   RE: Rachel a setup? mookiemeister 06-16-04 7
 RE: Rachel a setup? IslandFever 07-07-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zipit 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-15-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipit Click to send private message to zipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
No, I think it's just good editing. You have to realize... a lot of the little comments and eyerolls could be from other times in the night and NBC will cut and paste it to be the picture they want to portray. They can make you look as good or as bad as they want. I think all the players are real and Preston really likes her! She's an angel with him and he has NO CLUE what a hag she is with the girls!!! A true player!! ;)
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-15-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
I also think it's a lot of editing. I hope she does win though.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-16-04, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
>I also think it's a lot
>of editing. I hope
>she does win though.

Do you want her to win then pick Preston or the money?

I like Rachel too. But it's pretty funny to hear her saying how much she's in the game for the check which is only $1. Hope she doesn't get too disappointed if Preston picks her, and she end up rejecting him and pick $1 check.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-17-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
I want Rachel to be the final pick by Preston and then given the option of:
1. Take Preston, give back the check
2. Take the check and give back Preston
or 3. Take whats behind Curtin #3 that Carol Merrill is standing next to.

mizbitt 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-20-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mizbitt Click to send private message to mizbitt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
I also think it is the editing. I think they are all real and most of them are interested in the money. Rachael is a game player, she is so sweet when she is with him, but just the oposite with the other girls. She is playing it coy. I hope she wins and takes the money That would be the best part of the show.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-15-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rachel a setup?"

I was wondering about the editing, and if they are trying to make her look bad.
Just got to laugh that she is all about the money and everyone but Preston knows it. LAUGH! I love when she talked about PJ keeping that crappy little check, and right underneath her it said $1.00.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-15-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
I'll bet they ask her really leading questions and then tape it all. Like, "What do you think of PJ's tiny little check? Action." It makes for good drama on reality television when a contestant just goes with them and totally embellishes on the question.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-16-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
My husband heard Rachael in a radio interview and everyone thought she was so nice. They said when they interviewed Preston that he was a jerk! Go figure.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-04, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
> My husband heard Rachael in
>a radio interview and everyone
>thought she was so nice.
>They said when they interviewed
>Preston that he was a
>jerk! Go figure.

Yeah. They edit the show so much, the viewers only end up seeing what the producers want the viewers to see. They can make assholes look like angels, and vice versa.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rachel a setup?"
Yes definitely I believe Rachel's role was predetermined and that Preston was told to keep her. And wasn't it just too convenient that she had the million dollar check and wasn't chosen and returned to compete again. I think most reality shows have a mole whether explicitly revealed or not. Also some shows like Big Brother and Survivor go out and recruit for contestants, not everyone chosen ever applied for the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •