The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can't change settings?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can't change settings?"
When I try to change my settings I get this:

The webmaster of this site has disabled User Management Console. To change your password or profile, please email the webmaster

I tried emailing but that was a while ago.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can't change settings? Deonna 10-02-03 1
 Suggestion sleeeve 10-02-03 2
   RE: Suggestion KeithFan 10-02-03 3
       Profile question buckeyegirl 11-06-03 4
           RE: Profile question sleeeve 11-07-03 5
               RE: Profile question buckeyegirl 11-07-03 6
   RE: Suggestion dpnana 11-30-05 24
 RE: Can't change settings? waypast40 11-11-03 7
   RE: Can't change settings? sleeeve 11-11-03 8
       RE: Can't change settings? waypast40 11-12-03 9
           RE: Can't change settings? sleeeve 11-12-03 10
               RE: Can't change settings? waypast40 11-13-03 11
                   RE: Can't change settings? Deonna 11-13-03 12
                       RE: Can't change settings? sleeeve 11-13-03 13
                           RE: Can't change settings? Deonna 11-17-03 14
                               RE: Can't change settings? SurvivorBlows 11-18-03 15
                                   RE: Can't change settings? SurvivorBlows 11-18-03 16
                                       RE: Can't change settings? Deonna 11-29-03 17
                                           RE: Can't change settings? DanielG 12-12-03 18
                                               RE: Can't change settings? SurvivorBlows 04-12-04 20
                                           RE: Can't change settings? okaychatt 04-10-04 19
                                               RE: Can't change settings? Peachezz 04-17-04 21
 Bump IceCat 03-28-05 22
 RE: Can't change settings? Bebo 09-19-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-02-03, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can't change settings?"
I am having the same exact problem with my home computer.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-02-03, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Suggestion"
Make sure that cookies are enabled, then follow this link:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=user

Choose "change your password" and then fill out the form.

If that doesn't work, then come back here and let us know. Thanks.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Suggestion"
Thanks a lot! Worked!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Profile question"
Hi! I'm not sure if this question goes here or not...but I clicked on the user profiles, and noticed that my user name wasn't listed...I changed the admin options, but it still didn't show up. Does it have to be on user profile on or off for my name to show up?
Thanks for answering this lame question....

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Original

11-07-03, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Profile question"
Your user profile appears to be working fine. What are you clicking on when you attempt to view your profile? Please note that capitalization matters, and that names beginning in capital letters are sorted before names beginning in lower case letters in the list of all user profiles.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Profile question"
Thanks for helping me out Sleeeve-I don't know what was wrong with my computer yesterday, but it started working fine in the afternoon, and I forgot to edit my message to let everyone know.

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Original

dpnana 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-30-05, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dpnana Click to send private message to dpnana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Suggestion"
My cookies are enabled but I still get the message to e-mail the webmaster. I hate to sound really dumb, but I can't even figure out how to e-mail the webmaster. When I try to look at my profile it says the same thing. Any more suggestions. I have followed your link and get the same message.

waypast40 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail waypast40 Click to send private message to waypast40 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can't change settings?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-03 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

Yes I have this problem also, I believe that I joined before ,but could never get into the user Icon. I followed the lead on the first post ...but still no action. What next, when I send an E-mail to the Webmaster...they just keep changing my password????

11-11-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Have you followed my suggestions from post #2 of this thread?

11-12-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail waypast40 Click to send private message to waypast40 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Yes I did ,except I not sure how to go about enabling cookies.

11-12-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Can't change settings?"
If you're using Internet Explorer 6.0, click choose the Tools menu then select Internet Options.

Then click the Privacy Tab and adjust the privacy options so that it's set at Medium, Low, or "Accept All Cookies".

If you're using an earlier version of Internet Explorer or a different browser altogether, try your search in your Help Menu for how to enable cookies. If you can't figure it out, then come back here and post what type of browser you are using, and we can try to help you.

The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with having your cookies disabled. Once you figure out how to enable cookies on your browser, the problem will most likely go away.

11-13-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Can't change settings?"
I have done what you said and the setting is at medium low.It still does not work,also whenever I come to this site there is always a error on the page sign?Maybe that has something to do with it?

11-13-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Hi! I am having the same problem. I have also fixed the cookie level, but I believe the problem is the result of a firewall/hacker protection ect, program that I have on my home computer. Which I don't know how to adjust. Do you have a firewall on your computer?

Deonna

11-13-03, 07:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Can't change settings?"
I firewall could be preventing access. Try setting your security settings to their lowest settings, then logging out and back in again (this will reset your cookie for this site) and then try accessing your profile.

If you're still having a problem, then it could be a firewall installed on your computer or network that is blocking this site's cookies.

Post back here to let us know how logging out and back in again with lowest security settings worked for you. If it didn't work, I'll make sure that the webmaster sees this post so that he can offer any further suggestions.

11-17-03, 09:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Sleeeve,
I have tried several different configurations of my firewall but am still having the same problems. However it is not that important, I can still post. I have a computer at work that gives me full access to everything. I am sure that you all have more important things to do and I would rather not bother Webby with something unimportant. Thanks again for your help.

Deonna

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Can't change settings?"
My guess is that the firewall is probably stripping out the HTTP_REFERER header:

http://community2.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/83.shtml

11-18-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Here's a working copy of the help page it references:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030404125318/http://www.roddingroundtable.com/dcforum/faqs/norton.html

11-29-03, 06:55 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Can't change settings?"
sleeeve and SB
Hi! I have a Zone Alarm fire wall, which is similar to the Norton link example pages above. Using the Norton example, I inputted both the community.realitytvworld.com and the community.survivorblows.com site into the site specific list to allow all cookies for both the Zone Alarm fire wall and the Internet options “Per Site Privacy Actions” web sites on my computer. I thought once the cookies were enabled, I should be able to go to the “change my password screen”, however I am still getting “ERROR: User Management Disabled” I have also tried restarting my computer.

Any ideas as to what I am still doing wrong?

Deonna

DanielG 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DanielG Click to send private message to DanielG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Can't change settings?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

I don't mind my password, I just want to change my User Name. I emailed the webmaster, but haven't heard back. I tried logging in as a new account, but because the email address is the same, they wouldn't let me. Now what?

04-12-04, 11:04 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Short of deleting your ID and starting all over, just like Yahoo!, etc., there's no way to change your username on Reality TV World's message boards.

If you wish to have your ID deleted, email feedback@realitytvworld.com indicating such.

Thanks,
SB

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Hi. I'm new here and ran into the same problem.

I tried setting Norton firewall, but still couldn't access the "User" site.

However, when I hit "Stop Filtering" on my AdSubtract button, all was well.

So, if you have any kind of Pop Up Killer program, try disabling it.

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-17-04, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Can't change settings?"
He who angers you controls you.

Hi,
I have had the same inability to change anything. I tried all the suggestions above and still no luck. I finally turned off my Internet Security and "presto", I was able to get into the user profile. It doesn't seem right that I should have to make myself that vulnerable though.

I'm no computer nerd. I don't know how much danger I put myself in by having the Internet Security off for that 5 minutes. But I turned it back on as soon as I was finished. If I knew how to fix whatever blocked the user profile in the first place, that would be better.

I know I added this web site to both the Internet Security and the Firewall and that didn't help.

?????

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-05, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Bump"

This optional single line of text is either regular size, or size "1", but NO LARGER...

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Can't change settings?"
Bump

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •