URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 133
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Can't change settings?"

Posted by KeithFan on 10-02-03 at 00:31 AM
When I try to change my settings I get this:

The webmaster of this site has disabled User Management Console. To change your password or profile, please email the webmaster

I tried emailing but that was a while ago.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Can't change settings?"
Posted by Deonna on 10-02-03 at 06:16 PM
I am having the same exact problem with my home computer.

"Suggestion"
Posted by sleeeve on 10-02-03 at 06:18 PM
Make sure that cookies are enabled, then follow this link:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=user

Choose "change your password" and then fill out the form.

If that doesn't work, then come back here and let us know. Thanks.

"RE: Suggestion"
Posted by KeithFan on 10-02-03 at 10:16 PM
Thanks a lot! Worked!

"Profile question"
Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-06-03 at 10:01 AM
Hi! I'm not sure if this question goes here or not...but I clicked on the user profiles, and noticed that my user name wasn't listed...I changed the admin options, but it still didn't show up. Does it have to be on user profile on or off for my name to show up?
Thanks for answering this lame question....

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Original

"RE: Profile question"
Posted by sleeeve on 11-07-03 at 00:22 AM
Your user profile appears to be working fine. What are you clicking on when you attempt to view your profile? Please note that capitalization matters, and that names beginning in capital letters are sorted before names beginning in lower case letters in the list of all user profiles.

"RE: Profile question"
Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-07-03 at 01:05 PM
Thanks for helping me out Sleeeve-I don't know what was wrong with my computer yesterday, but it started working fine in the afternoon, and I forgot to edit my message to let everyone know.

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Original

"RE: Suggestion"
Posted by dpnana on 11-30-05 at 00:52 AM
My cookies are enabled but I still get the message to e-mail the webmaster. I hate to sound really dumb, but I can't even figure out how to e-mail the webmaster. When I try to look at my profile it says the same thing. Any more suggestions. I have followed your link and get the same message.

Posted by waypast40 on 11-11-03 at 02:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-03 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

Yes I have this problem also, I believe that I joined before ,but could never get into the user Icon. I followed the lead on the first post ...but still no action. What next, when I send an E-mail to the Webmaster...they just keep changing my password????

Posted by sleeeve on 11-11-03 at 05:33 PM
Have you followed my suggestions from post #2 of this thread?

Posted by waypast40 on 11-12-03 at 09:28 AM
Yes I did ,except I not sure how to go about enabling cookies.

Posted by sleeeve on 11-12-03 at 01:31 PM
If you're using Internet Explorer 6.0, click choose the Tools menu then select Internet Options.

Then click the Privacy Tab and adjust the privacy options so that it's set at Medium, Low, or "Accept All Cookies".

If you're using an earlier version of Internet Explorer or a different browser altogether, try your search in your Help Menu for how to enable cookies. If you can't figure it out, then come back here and post what type of browser you are using, and we can try to help you.

The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with having your cookies disabled. Once you figure out how to enable cookies on your browser, the problem will most likely go away.

Posted by waypast40 on 11-13-03 at 02:10 PM
I have done what you said and the setting is at medium low.It still does not work,also whenever I come to this site there is always a error on the page sign?Maybe that has something to do with it?

Posted by Deonna on 11-13-03 at 02:23 PM
Hi! I am having the same problem. I have also fixed the cookie level, but I believe the problem is the result of a firewall/hacker protection ect, program that I have on my home computer. Which I don't know how to adjust. Do you have a firewall on your computer?

Deonna

Posted by sleeeve on 11-13-03 at 07:34 PM
I firewall could be preventing access. Try setting your security settings to their lowest settings, then logging out and back in again (this will reset your cookie for this site) and then try accessing your profile.

If you're still having a problem, then it could be a firewall installed on your computer or network that is blocking this site's cookies.

Post back here to let us know how logging out and back in again with lowest security settings worked for you. If it didn't work, I'll make sure that the webmaster sees this post so that he can offer any further suggestions.

Posted by Deonna on 11-17-03 at 09:56 PM
Sleeeve,
I have tried several different configurations of my firewall but am still having the same problems. However it is not that important, I can still post. I have a computer at work that gives me full access to everything. I am sure that you all have more important things to do and I would rather not bother Webby with something unimportant. Thanks again for your help.

Deonna

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 11-18-03 at 05:47 PM
My guess is that the firewall is probably stripping out the HTTP_REFERER header:

http://community2.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/83.shtml

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 11-18-03 at 05:49 PM
Here's a working copy of the help page it references:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030404125318/http://www.roddingroundtable.com/dcforum/faqs/norton.html

Posted by Deonna on 11-29-03 at 06:55 PM
sleeeve and SB
Hi! I have a Zone Alarm fire wall, which is similar to the Norton link example pages above. Using the Norton example, I inputted both the community.realitytvworld.com and the community.survivorblows.com site into the site specific list to allow all cookies for both the Zone Alarm fire wall and the Internet options “Per Site Privacy Actions” web sites on my computer. I thought once the cookies were enabled, I should be able to go to the “change my password screen”, however I am still getting “ERROR: User Management Disabled” I have also tried restarting my computer.

Any ideas as to what I am still doing wrong?

Deonna

Posted by DanielG on 12-12-03 at 12:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

I don't mind my password, I just want to change my User Name. I emailed the webmaster, but haven't heard back. I tried logging in as a new account, but because the email address is the same, they wouldn't let me. Now what?

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 04-12-04 at 11:04 PM
Short of deleting your ID and starting all over, just like Yahoo!, etc., there's no way to change your username on Reality TV World's message boards.

If you wish to have your ID deleted, email feedback@realitytvworld.com indicating such.

Thanks,
SB

Posted by okaychatt on 04-10-04 at 03:06 PM
Hi. I'm new here and ran into the same problem.

I tried setting Norton firewall, but still couldn't access the "User" site.

However, when I hit "Stop Filtering" on my AdSubtract button, all was well.

So, if you have any kind of Pop Up Killer program, try disabling it.

Posted by Peachezz on 04-17-04 at 07:16 AM
He who angers you controls you.

Hi,
I have had the same inability to change anything. I tried all the suggestions above and still no luck. I finally turned off my Internet Security and "presto", I was able to get into the user profile. It doesn't seem right that I should have to make myself that vulnerable though.

I'm no computer nerd. I don't know how much danger I put myself in by having the Internet Security off for that 5 minutes. But I turned it back on as soon as I was finished. If I knew how to fix whatever blocked the user profile in the first place, that would be better.

I know I added this web site to both the Internet Security and the Firewall and that didn't help.

?????

"Bump"
Posted by IceCat on 03-28-05 at 02:13 AM

This optional single line of text is either regular size, or size "1", but NO LARGER...

Posted by Bebo on 09-19-05 at 05:03 PM
Bump