The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC3 (FF) Bound"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC3 (FF) Bound"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-04 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

Eloise rarely asked for much during the course of our marriage, so when she made the request, I agreed. “Promise me they’ll visit,” she said. I didn’t have to ask who she meant. We typically saw our children, two lawyers and a doctor, every other year at Christmas (in what we considered their “off” years, they went to their spouses’ families houses).

“I promise,” I said. She was dead the next day.

The promise was a rash one. Our sons lead incredibly busy lives, as Eloise and I were occasionally reminded by quick “Wish you were here, Love you” postcards from places like Bali, France, New Guinea, and Johannesburg. How could I insure that they would visit a woman for whom they only made time every twenty-four months?

Going through her personal things in the attic in preparation for the memorial, I hit on an idea. Nestled in a steamer trunk were several pages of hand-written poetry. I took them to a printer and had four sets made in fine type. The binding took a little longer and was expensive but well worth the cost.

At her service, I handed each of our sons one of the books and kept one for myself. “Your mother wanted you to have this,” I said. Her name was printed prominently on the cover. Each of them looked puzzled, but dutifully took the gifts.

I would have liked to have printed more than four copies so that our grandchildren could have had their own, but Eloise’s bones made only enough glue for four bindings.

(edited because InkPot rejected it so I can share it again now )

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound FarmBoy 01-29-04 1
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound SherpaDave 02-03-04 2
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound nailbone 02-04-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-29-04, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound"
That's it. Delete everything I entered. I don't have a chance. (joking- a little.)

Seriously, I loved it!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound"
just shamelessly bumping this up so people can see it's been updated to include the text again

nailbone 27248 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Bound"
Interesting. Very interesting....

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian, and Vice-President of the GAWKUR Alliance o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •