The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shut Up And Spoil!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

ShakesvivorBlows 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-03-01, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShakesvivorBlows Click to send private message to ShakesvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shut Up And Spoil!"
<purrs> Hello to all of you.. I was daydreaming about a certain Le Pew.... um.. I mean.. I was hired by SVB to um...rub up against the legs of the Producers to see if I could get any info out of them for Ep #10.. and <stretches> Here's what I came "up" with..<puuuuuuuuuuur>
I distracted AyaK with my loooong legs and my...ahem...well, never mind.. Just appriciate what I was able to steal from his desk while he was... ahem... otherwise engaged..<me-YOW!>

What could this mean??

I DO know, thanks to my amazing ability to eavesdrop while AyaK was on the phone and the fact that lips loosened when he and I were engaged in.. um... a little cat fancy... <purrrrrs> that "Balloon Jump" refers to a pre-season S2 rumor about how the players were going to be transported into the Outback.

Ok my darlings...The rest is up to you... I need a nice nap in the sun now...

*saunters away*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shut Up And Spoil! Outfrontgirl 08-03-01 1
   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! George Tirebiter 08-03-01 2
 RE: Shut Up And Spoil! dangerkitty 08-03-01 3
   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! Outfrontgirl 08-03-01 4
   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! VampKira 08-03-01 5
       RE: Shut Up And Spoil! dangerkitty 08-03-01 6
       Psychic postings! dangerkitty 08-03-01 7
   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! George Tirebiter 08-03-01 8
       RE: Shut Up And Spoil! Outfrontgirl 08-03-01 9
           RE: Shut Up And Spoil! George Tirebiter 08-03-01 10
               Look at the nice curvey thread! dangerkitty 08-04-01 11
                   RE: Look at the nice curvey thread! Outfrontgirl 08-04-01 12
                       RE: Look at the nice curvey thread! George Tirebiter 08-04-01 15
               RE: Shut Up And Spoil! Drive My Car 08-04-01 13
                   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! VampKira 08-04-01 14
 RE: Shut Up And Spoil! dabo 08-05-01 16
   RE: Shut Up And Spoil! George Tirebiter 08-05-01 17
       RE: Shut Up And Spoil! Outfrontgirl 08-05-01 18
           RE: Shut Up And Spoil! George Tirebiter 08-05-01 19
       RE: Shut Up And Spoil! janisella 08-06-01 20
           Oy and a sleeeve spoiler Outfrontgirl 08-06-01 21
               RE: Oy and a sleeeve spoiler George Tirebiter 08-06-01 22
 The spoilers AyaK 02-01-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-01, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
What? Balloon jump? Skydiving? No-o-o-oh! I'm afraid of heights! I won't do it I tell you!

I hope they keep the Wallet challenge. Maybe they'll give us wallets. Maybe they'll give us money to buy stuff on ebay! I know what I want, chocolate!

As for fire-it-up, it's about time we had one of those challenges where you have to do a series of moves to get something to light. That's so Mark Burnit to make us do that. But here-s my hope: "Fire It Up" refers to us getting back some smoking materials and equipment and the challenge is to put it in our pipe and smoke it!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-03-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
Oooohhh, OFG--we already got to use computers last episode (and you might remember that we also had a previous online shopping challenge, when I snagged that sweet gold bong off the Graffix site). . . no way we'll get to go wild on eBay! Besides, AyaP is too cheap to allow that again. . .

I'm afraid if we get something to do with a wallet, they're either looking to see how much useless crap we normally carry--or we're going to get a shot at bidding against each other for lameass crap like Red Sea water or a handful of Freee-To-Lays. . .

And much as I'm dying for your little dream to come true about getting our herb back, I'm afraid we're bound to get stuck with some lame fire-building challenge. . . At least sleeeve is gone, so I ought to have little competition there!

But sky-diving?! Perish the thought!

. . . then again. . . could that have something to do with the promo involving a helicopter?

GT

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-03-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
You're mocking me, aren't you? (quick, name the movie...)

Seriously, this is actually quite eerie, for a few reasons:

1) I have a T-shirt that says "Shut Up and Ride" that I've worn on long group bike rides.

2) I do have long legs!

3) I have bungee-jumped out of a hot-air balloon. I don't remember ever mentioning that here, but maybe I did...

As to the "info", doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that Production would leave it to AyaProbe to choose which challenge to drop? Why wouldn't they just tell him what to do? The ever-shifting balance of power behind the scenes is still not settled.

Hehe....ShakesvivorBlows said "Head"....

08-03-01, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
You sound O so innocent, DK, but you let a hot piece of info get out there...

>>3) I have bungee-jumped out of a hot-air balloon. I don't remember ever mentioning that here, but maybe I did...

Will the challenges slanted to give you an advantage due to your skills and experience never end?

At this rate, you'd better start winning immunity because you and Ice are shaping up as the big threats and some of us are not above voting out of petty envy. Not me of course, sister, but you know how the rest of these guys can be sore losers...

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-01, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-01 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

>>>Hehe....ShakesvivorBlows said "Head"....<<<

*vampslaps DK*

Where?? Where?? I read his post three times looking for it... Where does he say that?? LMAO!!!!!

EDIT: Ok.. I see.. ROTF!! The memo... Blowsvivor "Head" office!!

OW! my head hurts today... LOL

"Just not what you seek of me, because the heart reveals the proof, Like a mirror reveals the truth, you see the evil one is you! Is that scary for you, baby.... Am I scary for you?" -MJ
Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

08-03-01, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
>>>>Hehe....ShakesvivorBlows said "Head"....<<<
>
>*vampslaps DK*

Oww!!! Watch it, sister!! LMAO!
>
>Where?? Where?? I read his post
>three times looking for it...
>Where does he say that??
>LMAO!!!!!

It's in the memo, which I am assuming was manufactured by SVB. Look who it is "From".

Wassamatter, Vamps? Have the 888888888888888888888888888888888s caused your eyes to go bad? Look out, they might start bleeding next!! Mwaahahahahahahaha!!!

>

08-03-01, 08:47 PM (EST)
7. "Psychic postings!"
Aaack! I posted at the same time you edited!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo

(It's the Twilight Zone theme, ya potty-heads!)

dangerkitty

08-03-01, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-01 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

>You're mocking me, aren't you? (quick, name the movie...)
Sorry, I had to google this--and came up with Toy Story--which I can't even remember seeing. (one of those cases where too much hype caused me to despise a movie before it even came out?)

It actually had nothing to do what what's in my head--some foppish royal-type who kept saying something incredulously (in a bad falsetto) about "You MOCK me?!"--but the more I tried to nail it down, the more I heard stuff from The Scarlet Pimpernel, (the two-part, made-for-teevee version) and then I got stuck on "Sink me!" and all that talk of what a nitwit the bad guy was, because "he doesn't even know how to tie his cravat!" Pish!

Maybe I should've shut off the raucous music before pondering your riddle--but I hope I get full credit anyway, since no one else even seemed to notice the challenge!

As for the rest of your post. . . you sound guilty as hell to me! And I agree with OFG--these skewed challenges need to stop!

GT

(yeah, I edited--so what?!@!!! )

08-03-01, 11:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-01 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

OMG The Scarlet Pimpernel--I love that novel. It was one of those romantic novels that I read as an adolescent (but also taught me some history and I still like it).

Give me the old movie with Leslie Howard and Merle Oberon!
You know that sig pic of GG's reminds me of that movie. He would fit right into the Prince of Wales' big bash where she gets tricked into betraying... but I shall say no more.

Toy Story? Why is DK quoting Toy Story?
I too see some 18th century hotheads getting ready to call it duel-time.

"Sirrah, you mock me?" Mock you, why indeed, sir, I do, when I deign to waste my time on the likes of you..."

Actually, put that way, I'm pretty sure that first part's very like some exchange from Shakespeare...can't remember which play though...

Found it or one that's close enough to the sense of the quote. My god these search engines are incredible...

** OTHELLO Dost thou mock me?
** IAGO I mock you! no, by heaven.

These childrens movies, such shameless rip-offs of classic lines...

I know the above goes way off the spoiler track but I must think of other things to avoid the anxiety I feel about possibly having to jump out of a hot air balloon... dabo wouldn't do that to us, would he?

08-03-01, 11:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
>These childrens movies, such shameless rip-offs of classic lines...
Indeed--but you could expand that to movies in general. . .
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

You wanna hear something really funny? I searched for that quote, thinking it was one of Willie Shakes'--and it's actually a Bible quote! Even more bizarre than DK quoting a bad Disnee movie!

Yes, it is incredible what you can search for online--but when searching for DK's quote verbatim, that was the one and only complete hit--so she really did quote from that movie, or else she misquoted from another.

Come clean, kitty--did I get it right?

And I agree--give me Leslie Howard (or a real book)! But despite Jane Seymour's presence in the newer version--and Anthony Andrews' painfully sour expression whenever he's in character as the fop--I find that one still holds many charms. . . "Pish!" the cravat line, and "Sink me!" are long-standing family in-jokes.

And I wish you'd can it with the talk of the high dives, OFG! You're starting to make ME woozy, too!

GT

08-04-01, 02:34 AM (EST)
11. "Look at the nice curvey thread!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-01 AT 02:39 AM (EST)

Oh my gawd, you two!

The quote is from Toy Story. Nothing more to it than that. And it was a terrific movie, GT, you really ought to give it a chance. Love seeing all the matching quotes, though!

And what I think you are both flashing on is a Saturday Night Live skit with John Malcovich, where he constantly accuses everyone who speaks to him of mocking him: "Dost thou mock me?" Now, I am fully aware that the origin of that could be an actual Shakespeare or Bible quote, but I most clearly recollect the SNL with this quote repeated over and over. Here's hoping that this nips your OCD moment in the bud...

Love you, too!!!

08-04-01, 03:29 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Look at the nice curvey thread!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-01 AT 03:31 AM (EST)

OCD? Who me? LMAO

Thanks for helping us out!
I don't remember the Malkovitch skit but he's the kind of actor who would have done theater and bad boy roles. Malkovitch would make a supurb Iago, and if so, he would know the line well.

So--since the Othello quote is an EXACT match for the skit's "Dost thou mock me?" I would imagine J.M. was indeed quoting Shakespeare on SNL (rather than the Bible--which I believe GT is saying matches the Toy Story quote). GT, is that JHVH asking that question in the Bible?

Of course this has nothing whatsoever to do with Ep. 10 but why would we let that stop us from having fun?

08-04-01, 04:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Look at the nice curvey thread!"
>rather than the Bible--which I believe GT is saying matches the Toy Story quote
NoNoNoNoNO! The Bible quote was merely backing you up on the remark that the world is going to hell because purveyors of kids' movies are stealing lines from the masters! I was merely pointing out that ripoffs are the norm--there hasn't been an original thought in Hollywood in eons.

Honestly. . . I thought I was having attention-deficit problems! LMAO

And I didn't say Toy Story was a horrible movie--I said the way they over-hype things makes me sick of them before they even come out!

Sheesh. No wonder everyone's always so quick to jump to the wrong conclusion about everything here--PAY ATTENTION before you jump down my throat, please! *cringing in anticipation of the Disnee freaks' protest in my front yard*

And Vampy--if we weren't driven to converse with ourselves so much, maybe these outrageous hijacks wouldn't happen. Then again, this IS the ultimate Survivor spoof, so ridiculous digression kind of seems the order of the day. . .

Hey, DK--is that thong made of hemp, or what? LOLOL

GT
(who's hoping SOMEONE remembers what this thresd is supposed to be about and steers us back there ASAP)

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
>>! Even more bizarre than DK quoting a bad Disnee movie!

It is a wonderful Movie! Beyond the hype of the computer animation technology. The movie is fresh funny and has real heart. Toy Story 2 is also a really good movie. Not a continuation of the first, but a great new story using the same ( plus some new) characters. Pixar makes great movies.
I could understand if you had seen this movie and didn't like it, but to judge it Bad, without haven't seen it, well that isn't right. Not all art is for all people, and yes, I do consider some childrens entertainment to be art.
Rent it, if you still think it is bad, fine, but don't judge things without any information.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-04-01, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
OMG! <click> Look at this!!! A buncha Spoiler chicks hijacking a Spoiler thresd!! What is the world coming to? First Aya... not knowing about salt on apples, and now THIS! See? When Supe is on his days off... this place goes to shit!!

Oh... and I loved Toy Story.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
(sigh) maybe sleeeve will start a voting thresd before he leaves for the week, if he ever shows up this weekend I mean.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

08-05-01, 08:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
Where IS sleeeve this weekend, anyway?! S'pose those kids stuck him and his bed out in the middle of a lake or high in a tree before they went home? And where's flying squirrel, too, for that matter. Poor janisella can't do this job all herself!

But I'm glad to see buggy came through for us with a vote thresd. Woo hoo!

GT

08-05-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
sleeeve posted on Spoilers this afternoon, yes, I saw that EEE, so no excuse such as GT imagines is gonna fly...He must just be dissing us over here, even though we are calling out to him...
Oh sleeeeeeeve.... call home!

08-05-01, 09:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
>He must just be dissing us over here
No WAY! After Aya went out of his way to change janisella's thresd title to protect his BV experience?! And even after you made a point of ending his "dry spell" and all, too. . .

sleeevie, sleeevie, sleeeeeevie. . . You know we worry when you don't check in!

GT

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-06-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shut Up And Spoil!"
>Where IS sleeeve this weekend, anyway?!

And
>where's flying squirrel, too, for
>that matter. Poor janisella can't
>do this job all herself!

Oy! That's okay. Let Sleeeve and Squirrel have their fun. I'll just sit here at the monitor, alone, not even a challenge vid clip . . . .

(How did I do? I've only been a Jewish mother for 9 years. Have I got the shtick right?)

08-06-01, 07:57 PM (EST)
21. "Oy and a sleeeve spoiler"
Janisella, just the right tone you have, nothing too melodramatic, ALMOST as if you were truly resigned to nobly bearing the weight of the world.

I did get a postcard from sleeeve in my inbox after he saw this thread. Apparently our guilt-tripping got to him. Oy! Enough already, I'm fine, he says... We know you're FINE, eee

He's on some special assignment and was not able to join us this weekend, much to his regret. He'll be back next weekend if not before. Apparently not sleeeve went along to keep an eye on him, or was it the other way around?

He also said he appreciated the efforts to keep the "janisella thread" from revealing the outcome and that the efforts paid off. That's the scoop... but I got the feeling he has something up his sleeeve for us when next he comes around.

By the way, I DID make an attempt to spoil this memo, way up there before the "mocking" digression. Now I'll commit myself. I predict we get money in our wallets for RC (auction), and start fire for the IC. (Things heat up.) I think the balloon-jumping threat was a red herring to make us pee our pants...

08-06-01, 08:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Oy and a sleeeve spoiler"
Oh, I have plenty of sympathy for poor janisella--first of all, she thinks she's old (look around you, girl--we must have the highest median age for any Survivor site!), she thinks she's not up to the task of spoiling (a-hem. . . obviously not true either)--and she IS one of the few non-BVers to jump into this with such gusto!

As for this: I think the balloon-jumping threat was a red herring to make us pee our pants... --I am really disturbed, because I long ago gave Vamps the large supply of Depends that we found in the bar. . . I have no desire to wet myself or smell like the old ladies in the Kotex aisle at WalMart. . . Do we beat the snot out of the writer for this scare? or go straight to the top?

And instead of goobering up the already-pathetic vote thresd, I will second ICB's vote for flying squirrel as a writer. Yes, we need him to help us figure out dabo's convoluted logic, but I think we could spare him for ONE episode!

GT

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "The spoilers"
One of the most fun parts of BV were the spoilers, especially the fake ones. I simply have to index these posts at some time!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •