The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-27-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
I have to say, I ALMOST felt a little bad for him last night (Rob), but only for a mega-second. He has proven over and over that he is just WAY too hard to work with, for and around, and has NO business having his own show!!

He may be an amazing designer, interior decorator, whatever, but his personality REALLY needs some tweeking!

The way he treated Kim was so out of line-she took it way better than most people would have! I would have hit him up side the head with a 2x4, I think!

His bossy manner, and then the condesending way he'd roll his eyes and act like he's the only man on the planet that knows what he's doing-nope, he needed to go a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago!! So glad the judges finally saw it!!

On the other hand, it's going to be a tight race from here on, and I really think Kim and Todd are going to be neck and neck. Todd has an amazing style and personality-reminds me in some ways of Ty Pennington! And Kim-who knew?? She REALLY came out of the wood-work (pardon the pun) to up her game, didn't she??

I think they will be the final 2, and the judges will have their game cut out for them. I say, 'good luck to all 3, but I really think it will Todd and Kim going to the finale'. Good show, guys!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! Bebo 08-27-07 1
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! pinksparkleguitar 08-27-07 2
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! riverrocker 08-27-07 3
   RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! DesignEngineer 09-03-07 9
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! bystander 08-28-07 4
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! jbug 08-28-07 5
   RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! mistyrose52 08-28-07 6
 RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! flipxcyd 08-28-07 7
   RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone! jbug 08-29-07 8
       A (short) apology to Rob mistyrose52 09-09-07 10
           RE: A (short) apology to Rob riverrocker 09-09-07 11
               RE: A (short) apology to Rob mistyrose52 09-10-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-07, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Mr. B and I were cheering more than we usually do at a football game.

Kim rocked last night. Her comments in front of the panel were awesome - Last week you were my project manager, but this week you were my partner. To keep her cool as Robb fired on all cylinders was just priceless. And she proved me wrong when I thought she didn't have the personality to carry off the on-camera side, because she was quite good.

As much as I want to cheer for my NC boy, Will is just not in the same league as the other two from a hosting standpoint. I'm just thrilled he lasted longer than Loudmouth.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one rolling after he raked Kim over the coals for her tiling job and then did such a crappy job on his.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-27-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
I'm pretty sure Will is gone next. I like the guy, but I can't see him hosting a show. Todd for the win.

Syren made it!

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-27-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
DH and I actually burst into a wild applause when they booted Robb! We were cheering! Sounds like ours wasn't the only home where that occurred.

Kim has real class! I would have beaned Robb with anything I could have grabbed last night. He was a total jerk...and then he had the nerve to call the judges "fools." And wasn't his "tile job" absolutely TACKY!!!! Can't believe "he" didn't get the refrig in the kitchen! Egad. Kim came off looking like a real "star" in that whole episode.

Todd's idea was amazing. Bet several folks around the country were doing a "Hmm, let's try that in our room" commentary.

Will is such a nice person, it is hard to say anything even slightly negative...but his "hosting" did not come off well.....but then, again, David (last year's winner) was weak in that area, and the judges said that presentation could be taught.

We can hardly wait for next Sunday to see what happens. Whichever two end up in the finals will be fine with us....and we will give the winner's show a close look!

DesignEngineer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-03-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DesignEngineer Click to send private message to DesignEngineer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Rob deserved more than to have his show cancelled, he should have been thrown out of the building. What do you think Todd wants to be when he grows up?...besides a bodacious, gnarly dude.

Unfortunately, up to this point, the entire program has been based on viewership. Why else would they have picked this group? Any network actually looking for a Design Show host would spend their time interviewing, examing credentials, and picking from the top 2 or 3 candidates. The network uses their statistics on viewership to promote their network to potential advertisers and setting the cost of advertising time.

With the viewers voting on the winner, between the last 2 designers I would guess that they would pick Kim regardless of her design. She can conduct herself as an adult rather than a 35-year-old teenager.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-28-07, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Frankly, I'd watch a show hosted by Rob before I'd watch a show hosted by Will. Will has no personality for TV.

I think Todd is gonna win this thing.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-07, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
So glad the judges finally saw it!!
When he was making his little speech after his show was cancelled - about how the judges made the wrong decision? - I was wanting to see the judges faces and reactions when THEY saw/heard that. To me it was evidence that they DID make the right decision.

08-28-07, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Yeah, he really annoyed me with those crockodile tears, and then the nerve to say that the judges were 'all wrong!'. Wow, he really DOES think highly of himself.

I wonder if he'll look at these episodes and learn anything, or if he'll just go on through life being just as arrogant as ever..

At any rate, it will be a very cold day in hades before he gets a show of his own now, don't you think??

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
Happy Dance when Rob was eliminated.

Todd WILL win. I found myself re-imagining my living room and thought, HEY, lazy susan platform? Good idea... I was thinking of doing it for my bed though, except my bedroom isn't big enough for that.

No chance for Will sorry to say, but he's good too.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-07, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ding-Dong, the jerk is gone!"
No chance for Will sorry to say, but he's good too.

I don't think Will has learned yet to see or look outside the box. When Todd suggested the rotating platform, it seemed to me that Will was not thinking too highly of the idea; and there was the scene where he was sitting in a side chair - not on the platform I think - and complaining about how it did not fit in with the rest. However, they did not point that out in the judging. It seemed to me that Will was looking for something that DIDN'T work in Todd's plan.

09-09-07, 10:12 PM (EST)
10. "A (short) apology to Rob"
He actually was decent in tonight's episode. And he treated each contestant equally. Almost a complete turn-around!!

I actually enjoyed watching him, and felt bad about some of the things I'd said. Who knows? Maybe he's just such a perfectionist, that he can't work well with people, and can't deal well under pressure. In any case, I did enjoy him tonight!

And kudos to Will, too, for all the help HE gave the contestants!

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-09-07, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A (short) apology to Rob"
>He actually was decent in tonight's
>episode. And he treated each
>contestant equally. Almost a
>complete turn-around!!
>
>I actually enjoyed watching him, and
>felt bad about some of
>the things I'd said. Who
>knows? Maybe he's just such
>a perfectionist, that he can't
>work well with people, and
>can't deal well under pressure.
> In any case, I
>did enjoy him tonight!
>
>And kudos to Will, too, for
>all the help HE gave
>the contestants!

Agreed! BUT, we wondered if "they" had a talk w/Robb and told him to cooperate???? He did step up and help Kim and no "attitude" was shown. Maybe there will be something for him on HG? Will, as usual, was a prince! What class and character!

Todd's remark about "throwing Kim off her plan" by giving her Robb to start with was certainly inappropriate and may have revealed a lot about HIS character--or lack thereof.

09-10-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
12. "RE: A (short) apology to Rob"
I heard Todd say that, but it just didn't sink in-good point!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •