The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode on 9-2, the final three"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-03-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode on 9-2, the final three"
Warning: spoiler comments, if you didn't see the episode!
We thought Kim's design was appropriate for her family; how difficult to get the materials and supplies there! Thought it really lovely that she did the dining room too. Unless she blows the final challenge, I think she is who we will vote for.

Todd is reminding me too much of David Bromsted (sp?) from last year. The "over-the-top" personality is fine for a while, but it wears on us...even DH agreed. Plus, the room he did wasn't that appealing.

Poor Will. Sad he was cut. His design just didn't have "Sparkle"; hmm, think he and Josh ought to team up. They would probably be great!

Anyone else have any thoughts about the show??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three Dragonfire 09-03-07 1
   RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three mistyrose52 09-03-07 2
   RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three Bebo 09-03-07 3
   RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three flipxcyd 09-03-07 4
 Will jbug 09-04-07 5
 RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three gumnut 09-04-07 6
   RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three geg6 09-04-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-03-07, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
I knew going into this episode that unless Kim or Todd did a really horrible design, Will was going home. His hosting skills were just not up to par with the other two. As for who's going to win...I love Kim, but I think that Todd will win it because it is basicly a popularity contest now and I think Kim hasn't been outgoing enough to build a strong fanbase, but will see.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-03-07, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
I LOVE Kim, and plan to vote like crazy for her (if they allow us to do that). But Todd's personality from day one, has just put him as a front-runner, and he's really far ahead of anyone who would have gotten this far with him.

I think he is too over the top, even though he DID do a great job with that family room, and this time, it was even functional for everyone! No skate-board ramp or anything ridiculous in there, even!!

I really hope that people realize it's time for a woman to win, and someone who will keep it at an even keel. Look, we already have Ty Pennington, Clive, Vern, all the other 'sparkle' designers in jeans-let's give a woman a change this time!!!

She's adorable, smart, great on camera, has wonderful design ideas, and I just know that the public will grow to love her. Here's hoping!!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-07, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
Agreed, dragon. I knew my NC boy was gone before the episode started, but lvoed seeing him handle the challenge - and his departure - with such class. I think he was more interested in the design side than the star side, and as he pointed out, there's no reason for him to change his goal of designing. His wasn't a case of "don't give up your day job".

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-03-07, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
I feel my heart racing every time I watch Todd. He's just so over-the-top! I sort of knew Will would be gone. It's his hosting ability that bogged him down - too bad. I'm conflicted. I'm rooting for Todd and Kim, but slightly rooting more for Todd.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Will "
Did anyone really like the odd paint design for the walls?
I was not impressed with the colors he chose to use there.
I might could have enjoyed the square block frame painting had he used some neutral colors.
The colors he chose looked babyish to me.

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-04-07, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
Umm, Kim. I don’t see any originality in her designs. They are all the same. She is an expert in delegating work to others. Kim didn’t lay the carpet. She had the carpenter painting walls as well as doing all the building and demolishing. and we all know Kim can’t do tiles!

Getting back to the carpet! Installing an off-white carpet was a mistake. The family has a huge woodstove and I can just see all the dirt from the wood, soot and smoke penetrating the carpet in a week or two. Plus the dirt from outside (and also the toddler) will destroy that unfriendly off-white carpet in no time

She is an experienced shopper and spends a lot of her time “shopping” instead of hands-on work.

Sorry to see Will leave because of his poor hosting skills. Will was a pro at organizing his time and he was a hands-on decorator.

I’ve changed my mind about Todd. At first I thought he was an over grown teenager. I was a little concerned about how he would redesign the family of eight’s living room. However, he got so immersed in making sure the family had a great room, and he succeeded. His space planning and furnishings worked effectively for such a large family needing practical functionality, but with a twist of color.

Todd has shown versatility and creativity in not only his great designing ability, but also his ability to work coercively with others. If Todd wins, I would definitely watch his show, as he would bring a sense of adventure each week to the show.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode on 9-2, the final three"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-07 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

I was gonna post here, but then I read yours and couldn't find anything to add. Exactly my thoughts.

Edited to add: Kim, to me, would be just like Rachel Ray. You know, Rachel is not a chef, either by training or by experience. She got into the industry by being a good supermarket demonstrator. I really couldn't care less about her or her show because I probably have more training and experience than she does. I have to say the same about Kim. Yeah, she is good on camera. Her rooms don't make me want to stick pencils in my eyes, but I have a hard time respecting her abilities because I can do a lot more of the technical and hands-on work than she can. And I have my doubts even about her shopping ability after that last room. I didn't like it and the furniture looked much too small for the room.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •