The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
VH1's back-for-one-last-fling preview text: 'The remaining five contestants head into the final competitions for all the marbles. The players must lose all their inhibitions, especially their fear of heights, if they don't want to fall short in the first challenge. But it is the final event that will test all their strength, stamina, and brains. Alliances will do no good here. It's every man or woman for them self, and only one person will walk away with the $250,000.'

Not even remotely helpful. To me, the most interesting bit on the website is the duration of the episode: one hour. We're getting through (potentially) three eliminations and a final competition in that much time minus commercials? There's something here we're not seeing...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final ... Snidget 04-30-09 1
 RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final ... toddE 04-30-09 2
 RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final ... Estee 05-05-09 3
   RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final ... toddE 05-06-09 4
       RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final ... sica077 05-06-09 5
 Reunion. Estee 05-10-09 6
   RE: Reunion. Snidget 05-10-09 7
       RE: Reunion. toddE 05-12-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
That does seem to be an awful lot for a single episode.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-30-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
True that. There was the double elimination of Brandi C and Toastee last season, I believe. 5th was Pumkin and that was an entire episode.

Fourth was Real and what an episode that was.

I think even Megan's quitting at F3 got it's own episode, then the final.

So that is four episodes from last season compressed into one episode this season, something must indeed happen, and at least one person must quit. Maybe Prancer's injury forces her out? I don't know.

I only know I have a sick feeling It will win.

05-05-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
Oooh -- it's a final three (and no jury). They started with two people going for the money at the end and added an extra player, just like a certain other series we all know. And also just like that certain other series, the #3 slot was inevitably filled by someone completely useless!

Honestly, what were the odds?

So I guess we have to congratulate Angela here on putting together a winning run of a sort that -- that -- that may make some degree of sense in retrospect, but shouldn't be summed up on two hours of sleep. I'd rather feel just a tiny bit of faux sympathy for George, who looked as if he came very close to wrecking his hands on that block of ice. (Angela is just going to have some really interesting frostbite patterns.) A little bit of luck in just when you spotted the coin, some strategy failure in how you got to it -- and that's all it took. The Dicque of the season came in second: sometimes, alliances aren't enough.

And for what it's worth, congratulations to the editors on their finale comedy beats -- It trying to ascend the ranks all the way into normality and falling back into confessional moronitude was a nice touch, as was the premiere of It Vision and the failure of every power he possessed. (That's right: all none of them.)

Season #3 is no guarantee. But the casting pool? Already overflowing...

Y'know, technically, warm urine might have counted as body heat.

05-06-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
Agree with everything you said.

I am actually glad It made it, since he did bring the funny. And I actually believed he'd been faking his lameness.

To add another parallel to a show we all watch; the second season, while entertaining, really paled in comparison to the first season.

Now, off to Charm School.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-09, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ILM #2 Episode #14: The Final Showdown"
>I am actually glad It made it,
>since he did bring the funny.
>And I actually believed he'd
>been faking his lameness.

I am in the same boat as you. I loved It and his stupid ways. And I, too, fell for it when he tried to play the "it was all an act card." But the whole time I was laughing away .

05-10-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
6. "Reunion."
A few notes from the early showtime.

1. No mention was made of the missing -- or at least, no mention was made of why anyone was missing. It almost looked like Craig was about to bring it up at one point, but -- never happened.

2. The most terrifying moment was taken directly from Cheers.

3. It's just not a VH1 reunion without a fistfight -- so this wasn't a VH1 reunion.

4. Angelique sounds very articulate as long as she's speaking her native tongue. Sadly, that was only for two sentences.

5. Oh no, not another cross-show crush...

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-09, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Reunion."
It was surprisingly calm for a VH1 reunion.

05-12-09, 02:05 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Reunion."
Well, the reunion shows aren't usually that great anyway, but this time I felt a little sad.

Leilene is really pretty pathetic, and that isn't funny. What if she was your daughter, you know?

Heat is kind of on that border as well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •