The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-14-09, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-09 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-14-09 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

*****Spoilers, do not read if you don't want to know yet!***********

So, tension in the house, guess who's at the center of it. Robin is still trying to talk her way out of it, not realizing she's just digging a deeper hole. Eli calls his mommy and he gleefully admits that he still lives with his parents at 25 and sees nothing wrong with it. I think that pretty well sums up Eli, don't you?

Quickfire, Chef Charlie Palmer shows up, asks the cheftestants to create a pairing with high end potato chips. Eli correctly surmises that this is a test of your palette as much as anything, and wins w/ smoky clam soup and onion chips. Kudos also to Bryan and Kev. Jen (cooked pork too early), Robin (just wrong) and Ash on the bottom.

Elimination: The chefs draw knives to see which part of the pig they get to work with. They will be cooking for Chef Palmer's charity Pigs and Pinot, and need to create 150 tastings to go with 9 different pinots. There are many shots of a 3 story cool wine wall in Vegas w/ "angels" who repel themselves along the wall to find the desired drink. Everyone tastes, then picks a pinot noir. Eli points out there are obviously some who don't have a sophisticated palette based on the "candya$$" character of the Pinot they picked. We get to see the brother's spat, which the producers blew way out of the proportion, it's just Mike seeing how far he can push his brother. The top 4 are Mike, Bryan, Kevin and Jen. Kevin wins again. The man knows his way around pig. Bottom are Ash, Laurine and Robin, Ash finally goes for not trusting his instincts. This ought to really push Eli/Mike I over the edge for next week, which is Restaurant Wars! I can't wait for next week. Train wrecks for everyone! I nearly wet myself laughing when Mike V started teasing Eli about his annoyance w/ Robin really being veiled sexual tension.

Does anyone else think that Bravo's vote (which is more annoying Eli's immaturity or Robin's passive aggressiveness) is a bit misleading? Robin's hardly cornered the market on passive aggressiveness in that house. That being said, she really needs to stop talking. She's totally outclassed here, execution-wise. I think Bravo should have a vote focused on whether or not Toby Young has shaved pits or hairy pits.

This post will be edited numerous times to correct spelling and grammar errors as I find them.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not... DHerder222 10-15-09 1
   RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not... mtb002 10-15-09 2
       RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not... Andy W 10-15-09 3
 RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not... jbug 10-15-09 4
   RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not... RaquelG 10-20-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DHerder222 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-15-09, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DHerder222 Click to send private message to DHerder222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
I thought it was really interesting when Robin said something to the effect of, "Yeah, I probably won't be the last one standing, but I'm still standing, dammit." She's probably aware of how things are going to end up looking on the show, and that she'll be kicked off basically whenever the producers want her gone.

This episode was fairly average for me. The Top 4 are my picks for the Final 4 (And I also am guessing Kevin wins the show), and the Bottom 3 are probably the next three gone. Pretty predictable. I'm guessing, though, that Robin was kept around solely so that there would be clashes for restaurant wars.

It's too bad about Ash though, I liked him. One thing I always like on these shows is when a contestant has a sense that he'll be leaving soon, and his commentaries start getting more...colorful, like Ash's have been.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mtb002 200 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-15-09, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mtb002 Click to send private message to mtb002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
Actually, someone good usually goes home during restaurant wars. They almost always send home the executive chef of the losing team for "failing." It's a great way to build drama as someone who "doesn't deserve to be there this late" outlasts a perceived favorite. Can you imagine the outrage that sending home Bryan/Kevin instead of Robin would generate? Any press is good press. I'm more excited about restaurant wars this year than since season 3. The previews look like they have Kev/Jen vs the brothers. These should be the most balanced teams talent wise in years.

Andy W 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-15-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Andy%20W Click to send private message to Andy%20W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
Ash deserved to go home. He's been barely hanging on for a couple of episodes here. Robin is more talented, she takes responsibility when she makes a bad dish rather than always making an excuse. As far as Restaurant Wars goes, we're in for a treat. It should be interesting to see the brothers on the same team. Kevin and Jen's styles I think should work well together.

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Wake up to the best recaps with Last Night on TV!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
It was Ash's time to go. Maybe he'll develop some confidence in himself now.
Didn't one of the brothers actually suggest the way he made the dish? If he had told that at judging, Tom would have blown a gasket! LOL

Wondering how much production is encouraging the bash-Robin conversations. Or? if they even need to!
She does talk a lot - and often what she's saying is of no matter!
"I usually put the salt here and the sugar there; but they don't seem to stay that way." Who cares???!!! LOL

I wish Jen was showing a better personality. I think she is a really good chef; but she just seems to be "down" all the time. Maybe she just doesn't handle pressure well.

I like Kevin. It's funny how first impressions can change. When I first saw him, I thought 'good ole country boy' and that was all. Wow am I impressed with his knowledge of food!

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

RaquelG 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-20-09, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RaquelG Click to send private message to RaquelG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 8: A Paramecium is not a pair. "
I am not sure you if guys are interested, since it is related to Top Chef: NY... But here it goes: Leah Cohen will be doing a chat, on 10/27 at 9pm EST on http://www.livecloud.com/stadiumChat/chatEvent/leahcohen
You are welcome to post questions in advance for her, it is very simple:
1. Go to www.livecloud.com
2. Sign up
3. Go to "Our chats"
4. Find Leah's chat
5. Post your question!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •