The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor" S38, Ep14 Finale: "I Can See The Big Bucks From Here""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5892 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-19, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor" S38, Ep14 Finale: "I Can See The Big Bucks From Here""

In this perverted game of dodgeball, the pickup b-ball game where an offhand remark can leave you on the curb with only a rotten coconut husk to keep you company, we finally get to the money shot.

The Final Five vs the Empty Belly Extinction Eleven go head to head... to head to... well, you get the idea... in order to get to the Final Six. If the math seems a little suspect to you, keep in mind that I've only spent the equivalent $147.50 US on reward challenges this year and you'll know that my adding machine is working just fine.

So open up a mid-priced beer, your anything-but-coconut snacks and brace yourself for the two hour Survivor season finale, followed by Survivor Prom.

Remember to stay hydrated!

Mark "At least it's not 'The Apprentice'" Burnett
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Sideline Commentator michel2 05-17-19 1
   Another Sideline Commentator Aruba 05-20-19 2
       Counter Point michel2 05-21-19 3
           RE: Counter Point Aruba 05-22-19 4
               RE: Counter Point michel2 05-22-19 5
                   RE: Counter Point sj007 05-23-19 6
                       RE: Counter Point michel2 05-23-19 7
                       RE: Counter Point Aruba 05-25-19 9
                           RE: Counter Point michel2 05-25-19 11
                   RE: Counter Point Aruba 05-25-19 8
                       RE: Counter Point michel2 05-25-19 10
                           RE: Counter Point sj007 05-29-19 12
                               RE: Counter Point kingfish 05-29-19 13
                                   RE: Counter Point michel2 05-29-19 14
                                       Counter Counter counter counter etc... kingfish 05-31-19 15
                               RE: Counter Point michel2 05-31-19 16
                                   RE: Counter Point Aruba 06-01-19 19
                                       RE: Counter Point michel2 06-01-19 20
                               RE: Counter Point Aruba 06-01-19 18
                           RE: Counter Point Aruba 06-01-19 17
                               RE: Counter Point michel2 06-01-19 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 3423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-19, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Sideline Commentator"
2 Hour Finale! Maybe your adding machine is working fine but your watch is slow. SeeBS gave you a full hour for the reunion but you prefered wasting using half of it to show us more challenges and castaways playing hide n' seek with idols.

Players aren't going head to head anymore. That expression suggests a fair competition, It's NOT a fair fight when you simply hand someone a weapon as powerful as an idol at Final 6. Also, why keep putting these landmines back in play? I mean, if someone was so much on the outs that he needed to play an idol then rehiding that idol can only help the outsider. Had Julie stumbled on that F5 idol it would have simply been wasted. Devens needed it badly and he got it. Was it fixed? I don't know. Maybe Aruba is right and it wasn't. However, the fix is in just because the idol was put back in play. I mean, suppose Hockey was as lame a competition as Survivor and each team was allowed to look for additional minutes to put on the clock in the 3rd period, would the team leading the score use those minutes? Of course not. Only the trailing team could use it. Here also, only the player without an alliance needs that idol.

So, what is left of the social experiment that captivated 50 Million people in its first 2 seasons? Two players who had a hand in voting out the future members of the jury had to face a player who had been feeding those same jurors. Tell me Mr. Juror: who is your favorite? The ones that killed your dream or the one who has kept you alive? Tough decision. No wonder only the die-hard fans are left and I hear some are now calling for the show's cancellation.

Island of Extinction is a stupid idea which was made worse by giving idols to the returning players but if you really want to use that gimmick again I suggest you isolate each eliminated player. Have them stay alone for days and then bring ONE and ONLY ONE back at the merger.

The Fire challenge is a good idea BUT NOT COMBINED WITH A FINAL 3. See, you went to that abominable idea of the Final 3 to prevent a player from taking a goat to the end but with this format we are assured of having a goat in the end. We even had two last night. When Gavin, who had such a strong emotional story as being a newlywed, can only get 31% of the vote facing an Outcast then you know that the Turncoat was a huge goat.

Island of the Idols is another stupid gimmick. I mean, those giant statues of Rob and Sandra alone tell us that we are heading for another crappy season. You want us to believe that Rob and Sandra are only there to coach the newbies but I am ready to bet almost anything that, as soon as we reach the merger, the coaches will be put in play. They will have received free Immunity up to the merger, having a great opportunity to observe the players and even help with eliminating those that could cause them problems and then join a group of hand picked sheeps and goats.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 3141 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-19, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Another Sideline Commentator"
Just got back from out-of-state. So, a bit late with my final recap response...

I should have known better to watch a season with returnees. Although no returnees ended up winning their way back into the game, there’s nooooo question in my mind Production was hoping, begging, and praying for Joe to win his way into the F6...and he came very close but Chris edged him out.

That whole exchange between Jeff and Joe on the stage at the Reunion set during the Finale absolutely SCREAMS of ADS...they darn near did everything but mention the Syndrome by name. All these years when I appropriately acknowledged the ADS, I had to entertain responses to the effect of, “well, what do you expect them to do...just give the title to him/her...yadda, yadda, yadda...” My answer then was “NO;” be proactive, step up to the plate, and outperform your target. My answer now (and going forward) is (and will be,) “NO;” Chris your way to victory.

Speaking of which, so much was made of Chris (in his own words) wanting to play the “perfect” game. The irony is when evaluating the entire body of work for 39 days, Chris may go down as the most IMperfect winner of all-time. But to his credit, he arguably put together the most “perfect” 3-day period to claim victory. Yes, he was solid in challenges and there were idols; but I feel his two biggest moments after winning his way back, were 1) taking the ADS out of the equation and proactively determining his own fate by outperforming his adversary mano a mano in the F4 fire-building challenge, and 2) bamboozling the HII from Lauren.

Back when whiny Wentworth narced out Lauren’s HII upon stepping foot on EI, I had a sinking feeling it would come back to haunt Lauren. Boy, did it ever!

I must say I was impressed with how all three finalists addressed the Jury inquisition at FTC. Gavin’s 31% spoke more to how dominant Chris’ end game was and (as Michel accurately referenced several times this season) the advantage of investing quality time with a majority of the Jurors on EI.

For all the accusations of Gavin being a “turncoat” in the “worst” way, it certainly should have set the stage for the Jury to unleash its wrath on Gavin for being such a “flip-flop traitor...” but it did NOT happen making that uncomplimentary criticism less of a “certitude.” If anything, I believe Gavin came out of FTC in a better light especially when raising his hand when the question came up if anyone went the entire season without a vote. It sure impressed the player who owned this season (Rick.)

On the subject of HIIs, as long as they’re not “Coltoned” in someone’s lap, they still need to be found or conditions must be met to make them usable. Every castaway who agrees to play KNOWS they are a big factor in the game, just as every hockey player knows penalties are a big part of the game. Could a player who outworks others and finds an idol change the course of the game? Sure. Can a penalty in the closing moments change the course of an NHL playoff game? Just ask the Las Vegas Knights! Contrary to prior assumptions that everyone probably searches hard for them, Gavin flat-out said at FTC he did NOT actively go out looking for idols as much as others. And you can bet his gal Butterface was right with him in that regard. BTW, Butterface may have a career as a spokesperson with the cosmetic company who provided the skin foundation she loaded up on her face to hide all that whatever you want to call it.

Actually, I was fine with the Finals cutting into the Reunion Show. Having to whittle down a F6 to three finalists with FTC is a lot even for a two-hour telecast. I’m more entertained with the competition than the chit-chat. Even with the abbreviated Reunion Show, I think we heard from more of the cast at this season’s show than we heard from at recent prior reunions.

Which brings us to the preview for next season. Interesting prediction to provide Rob and Sandra yet another opportunity to win another million dollars. Should I begin to watch “Island of the Idols,” I would immediately stop watching if that occurred. Although, it is doubtful I’ll be watching next season at all having NO intentions whatsoever of looking at those two porkers every week. Must have spent a decent amount of their winnings on food. I suspect this is not making Michel happy. If they were not “promised” the opportunity to play again, perhaps they may be using the Survivor set as a “Fat Farm” to shed off some extra poundage.

Whoever wishes to subject themselves to that, I hope it’s better than this recent season.

05-21-19, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Counter Point"
“NO;” Chris your way to victory..."

I'll have you note that Chris was voted out himself so there is no "Chris way of winning" unless production opens the door.

The Probst-Joe exchange made me laugh especially when the question was about the very possibility of Joe winning. The right answer would have been "If Chris can win than Joe can win" but again, that's only if production fixes the rules to let a player return to the game at F6 with an free idol. That idol was "coltoned" directly by production.

Anyway, if you want to avoid the supposed Anti-Darwin Syndrom, just play a smart game. Ethan, Brian, Tom, JT and Tyson were all considered challenge threats but their solid social games saved them.

As for Kelley's big mouth costing Lauren her idol, nothing could be further from the truth. If Chris had gone to everyone and told them that they had to vote out Lauren at F65 because she had an idol then Kelley would have been to blame but that DIDN'T happen. Lauren was simply dumb to give her idol to Chris. As far as we know, she wasn't forced to give it up so a smart player would have saved it for F5 despite what Kelley said.

Don't try to save your boy, the "Turncoat" Gavin. OK, the jury didn't rip him apart but look at the votes: Only Wentworth, Lauren, Devens and Aurora voted for Gavin so that's only 1 Kama and not someone who was aligned with Gavin. Gavin f*cked with Eric, Ron and Julia so they f*cked him back in the end. They turned their backs on the player who turned on them first.

It's funny that you compare idols to penalties in Hockey, especially the one against the Golden Knights. My problem is with the abundance of idols put back in play late in the game. That completely changes the game. Every Hockey fans knows that the referees almost always put their whistles away in the 3rd period to "Let Them Play". What is funniest is that even the NHL agreed that the penalty against Vegas was a big mistake. The idols put back in play at F6 were huge mistakes but SeeBS will never admit that.

I agree that the reunion was better than most of the others lately but we wouldn't have to squeeze in all those challenges and TCs in the last three hours if they started out with 16 players and had no returnees. Then maybe we'd even have time to spend in camp...

05-22-19, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Counter Point"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-19 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

I continue to be convinced you don’t read my posts in their entireties. I said given the complete “body of work,” Chris was an “IMperfect” winner...my reference to Chris was how he took on the player favored to win the season (Rick) and eliminated him in a mano a mano “winner take all.” I’ve been preaching that approach as an alternative to the dastardly ADS for years, and Chris’ F4 decision was a pristine example of NOT being a lame, chickenshit scaredy-cat. No need to spin that obvious occurrence and muddy the water.

I always laugh heartily when you say if the ADS victim played a better game, they wouldn’t be a target. The reason they ARE a target is because if in the Finals, THEY WOULD BE FAVORED TO GARNISH THE MOST JURY VOTES AND WIN! Had Rick made F3, he wins hands down...THAT’S why he was an ADS target. I guess according to your logic he would have won because he played a dumb, crappy game? LMAO! Such is the case with other ADS targets as well. If these ADS victims were as “dumb” as you claim them to be, everyone should want to be sitting next to these “dumb” players as perfect goats instead of wanting to eliminate them in such a lily-livered manner.

Yes; Brian, Tom, and JT all played real good games. But in the end, the primary reason they were able to ultimately achieve their deserving victories was because all of them won the last THREE ICs otherwise anyone of them probably gets anti-darwined. Tyson went on an endgame IC run to earn his victory also, but I don’t discuss “unreal” seasons with returnees. Ethan is not a good example when discussing the ADS. Although a good guy and a popular winner with the viewers, he was mostly carried by the player who owned S3-Africa (Lex.) He also benefitted by a F2 with Kim. Any F3 combination with Lex, Big Tom, Kim, and Ethan, he does not win.

Gavin was “my boy?” Really?? LMAO. My contention has been Rick owned the game; Chris IMO deserved the win over Gavin based on Chris’ merit; and had Lauren made the Finals I would have favored a Lauren win over Gavin. Chris received 69% of the votes mainly because 77% of the Jury were EI inhabitants Chris provided for and fed before he won his way back into the game. Once on EI, the bootees became a “tribe” within its own, thus former Kama, Manu, or Lesu ties did not factor as much into the equation because of this season twist.

Chris was not “Coltoned” an II. Chris earned an advantage for outperforming TEN other competitors (including arguably the best challenge stud of all-time—Joe.) Colton did nothing remotely close to that to receive a FULL idol simply placed in his lap. AND Chris received just HALF an idol that required the condition of piecing it to the other half to be usable.

I get what you’re saying about HIIs may keep a player in the game who is FAVORED TO WIN most of the Jury votes on Day 39. This is a polar opposite to your apples-to-oranges NHL comparison where adding on extra minutes to the game may help a team who is ON PACE TO LOSE after 60 minutes. Listen, if (hypothetically speaking) HIIs are used as an equalizer or to offset the ADS, here’s a better concept...minimize the number of HIIs by casting LESS lame, chickenshit scaredy-cats who gravitate toward that cowardly ADS approach and cast more Chris-like players. As Ben Franklin penned in his Poor Richard’s Almanac 250 years ago, ”An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

Some fans will herald Chris outwitting Lauren for her HII as a masterful play; others may regard Lauren as a dumbass. Whether it’s either, or...or both, the fact still stands that Chris would not have known about Lauren’s idol to even have this discussion IF KELLY DID NOT SPILL THE BEANS ABOUT IT ON EI. All your spinning cannot sidestep that “certitude.”

I’ll close with something we agree on. You are correct not having an EI would put more focus on the competitions and dynamics back at camp among those not voted out. That works for me. Let’s hope EI is a once-and-done twist never to be seen again much like the F4 purple rock at Marquesas or the Colton Idol in One World.

05-22-19, 08:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Counter Point"
Can we agree that Survivor is a game of numbers? Then it follows that a smart player is one who counts on allies instead of winning challenges. It's funny that you call a group of people chickensh*t for applying what you call the Anti-Darwin syndrome when human beings have done that for eons. It's only because we are social animals that we were able to evolve. Joining together and voting out a threat is Natural.

Rick's game was very pleasing to the viewers and the jury because he was flying by the seat of his pants. It's entertaining and it would have earned him the majority vote had he been there at the end but it isn't smart. A smart game is much more like the one Lauren played up to that dumb decision she had to give away her idol. You make friends, you get involved in the votes but you don't stand out at least not too early. Lauren needed to step up her game and win a few immunity challenges but she failed.

Another thing: you give credit to Chris for going mano a mano against Rick and voting him out but EVERY so-called victims of your ADS HAD to have been beaten in a challenge before being voted out. It's not like BB where the HOH has to sit out of a challenge.

Terry was beaten mano a mano first by Aras and then Danielle, Troyzan was beaten by Kim, etc... Name any one of your ADS victims and they all had to be beaten by someone who therefore "stepped up". So it was time to seize the occasion to eliminate the player that was relying only on challenges...unless they also had idols in their pockets or the surprise Fire-challenge twist came to save their hide.

Lauren came up with the dumb idea of giving her idol to Chris all on her own (unless production suggested it! Just kidding!!) so Chris' knowledge of it had nothing to do with it. I do want to point out that I thought the returning player was going to come in at F5 when I wrote that Kelley's comment couldn't hurt Lauren. At F6 Chris could have hurt Lauren by telling everyone in the game but he didn't.

Personally, I think casting is the best department of this show. It's because they give us interesting players for most seasons that this show clicked. But let's say they all get fired and you get sole control of the cast. I can see you choosing only fiercely athletic survivalists; if, at some point, one stands out instead of melting in the majority group then that player will be targeted. It's not ADS, it's everyone else playing to win.

sj007 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-23-19, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Counter Point"
Well said about all your posts. I don't know how aruba and anyone else think these idols are a good thing. They worked well when they were first introduced because you didn't have that many. And they were a lot harder to find. They're a joke now. If the new season implies correctly it's only going to be worse. Unless they change the game and go back to more of the way it used to be played, without all the idols and advantages, then I agree it has run it's course. And I don't think Sandra and Rob came back just to be coaches. Either CBS already guaranteed them money for this or they will be allowed at some point to compete for the million dollars. How sad!

05-23-19, 11:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Counter Point"
Thanks sj007. Another problem with the way they're "hiding" idols most of the time, the ones that aren't preceded by clues, is that it puts in question the show's integrity. Take Terry or Yul's idols: We all read the clues first and so we knew where those idols had to be. Now, the clues just pop up and it is possible that a staff member is just placing it in the path of production's favorite when that person is alone. Aruba will scream that I'M burying Paul again but that's not it. The show, like all reality TYV shows, has a credibility problem and they are not helping it by being so generous with their idols.

Did anyone read Estee's fanfiction back in the day? She had an interesting spin on idols: There was always one and only one in play during a given cycle. After the IC was played a clue was available and the idol, if it was found, could only be used at the upcoming TC. Maybe that would be better.

05-25-19, 11:39 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Counter Point"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-19 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

I acknowledge the fact we have fans who dislike the number of HIIs in a season...just like we have fans who hate the number of “damn friggin’ puzzles” in a given season. I’m not going to spend time conducting an official count, but I’d be willing to bet we’ve had more “damn friggin’ puzzles” over the years than HIIs.

“Damn friggin’ puzzles” is quoted because it was coined by S35 Champion Ben who bellyached over it because he sucked at solving them. But he made up for that shortcoming by kicking ass finding HIIs. Aurora visibly expressed her disgust over puzzles right in front of Jeff, but she wasn’t complaining when a challenge involved physical endurance.

To Michel’s and your point, I agree it was better when the finder of a HII had to work harder to possess one. Yet, just as Production has pathetically gotten lazier with its job casting players...that same sad laziness has extended pertaining to HIIs in the game. Simply put...Production sucks.

Players and fans alike will never be thrilled with each and every element and format Production implements for any given season. It is irrelevant whether a certain fan may perceive a current game format or element a “good thing” or not. Fact is, puzzles, HHIs, as well as other mainstays are not twists, they are staples in the game. For the Bens and Auroras who complain and roll their eyes over puzzles...suck it up and do your best to solve them. For others who whine over idols...get up off your butts and search harder and better than your competition to find them.

05-25-19, 03:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Counter Point"
It's funny that you say this when I'm the one who constantly refers to the challenges as "Mickey-Mouse" games. Because of "friggin' puzzles" and weird contraptions then players shouldn't count on winning them all.

My problem is the number of idols that come into play. It often negates all the strategy thet went into a vote.

For me, the game is all about the vote.

I've played on-line Survivor and I never counted on winning challenges because I simply can't compete against these young gamers especially working with my slow machine. Still, I've often done well because I knew how to organize the votes.

In SeeBS Survivor we've seen Tribal Councils where all but one person is immune in one way or another. That makes for a bad game.

05-25-19, 11:29 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Counter Point"
HMMM...well now...considering the winner of Survivor is the player who garnishes the highest NUMBER of votes, would Survivor be considered a NUMBERS game? AHHH...give me a moment to ponder that for a while...OK, I suppose it is a NUMBERS game. Hence, my contention all along is the proactive player who stands to garnish the highest NUMBER of votes becomes an ADS target for that very reason and will consequently lack the allies of a bunch of lame chickenshit scaredy-cats. Have jealous, lazy bums been around for eons? Yes, and sadly they will be around for eons longer. Our earliest biblical story tells us how Cain killed Abel. Since then we’ve had many more killings/murders, and unfortunately that will continue. Does it make it right or “normal” to murder because it’s been around for eons? No more than justifying lame chickenshit scaredy-cats over those with proactive, nose-to-the-grindstone work ethic qualities...just because some may regard that dastardly behavior as “normal” since it has been around "for eons.”

The one time Aras came out ahead in a challenge was a farce. I don’t recall EVERY detail of that challenge, but it involved all four having to navigate the SAME maze all bound by rope. Long story, short...Danielle purposely and intentionally got into Terry’s way repeatedly (Cirie’s lazy blubbery butt got into the way without trying) paving the way for a tainted Aras “win.” I’m not going to get into a long-winded debate over that farcical result because in the end it was a moot point with the HII Terry earned for himself.

GIVEN THE FORMAT of the F3 challenge, Danielle outlasted both Terry and Aras to take the final IC that season. Notice I underlined the words “given the format” because only a spin doctor would say it was simply a mere coincidence at THE VERY NEXT SEASON the final IC was calibrated to each competitors size, weight, etc. to present a more fair competition that did not exist in the final IC the season before. I guess the same “coincidence” had Cook Island introducing a F3 for the first time as well. Bottom line, those changes were reactions as a cause and effect to the sad production blunders we witnessed in S12-Exile Island. A season that opened up with the horrendous blunder of starting off with four tribes of four. A blunder that gave a pathetically inept castaway a free pass to day six.

I will always regard Kim as a wire-to-wire winner in One World, so I look at Troyzan more as a casualty from the Battle of the Sexes that was formatted for that season. And the IC that did Troyzan in was won by none other than...you guessed it...Kim. (Production probably suggested it!...Just Kidding!!...Ha-Ha...Touchee!)

Chris told Lauren he knew about her HII before Lauren thought using the idol on Chris might win her votes in the end with most of the Jury spending quality time with Chris as Chris shrewdly pitched to Lauren. That would NOT have been possible if Kelly did not narc out Lauren’s idol on EI. Had Lauren advanced to the Finals, it is not outside the realm of possibility it could have resulted in more votes for her. If Chris won his way back at F5 like the previous “unreal” seasons instead of F6, Lauren’s HII STILL would have had power at that F5 TC Chris would be part of. So even in that scenario, whiny Wentworth’s revelation could have still haunted Lauren.

Listen, every so often casting swings with its eyes closed and hits a home run with a rare proactive solid player; but for the most part Production flat-out sucks. Or perhaps they’ve gotten lazy and do not put in the quality time needed to assemble a better Survivor cast. Contrary to your presumed belief, NO, I would not go to an NFL combine to recruit players for the show. Would I put a premium on survivalist skills?? Allow me to step away and check on the name of the show...Yep...it’s still called “SURVIVOR.”

For as long as we continue to debate the ADS, I’ll play the role of “slapsy Maxie” and purposely spar with you for a while mostly to yank your chain until I feel the right time to deliver the KO punch—EI and how Chris’ F4 decision took the ADS out of the equation to earn his victory over Rick. And note, Chris did not prevail in this mano a mano by running a faster 40...or having a higher vertical leap...or even bench pressing 200 lbs. the most consecutive times. He did it by excelling at the most basic of “Survivor” skills---Fire-making. It is comical you refuse to acknowledge this fire-making competition as a bona fide game format, yet stubbornly and erroneously continue to regard it as a Colton-idol twist.

Any castaway could (and should) excel at that discipline. Right after I post this response, I could Google the internet for a site selling flint, order online, have it delivered to my home in less than a week, and practice hours and hours everyday until I can build a raging fire at the snap of my fingers.

I’ll ask the rhetorical question why doesn’t every applicant with aspirations to play Survivor and those ultimately selected do just that? The question is rhetorical so I’ll answer it myself—because many are self-centered individuals who lack the proactive, positive work ethic and would rather woefully just show up with a sense of entitlement and try to achieve a desired result in the most laziest way possible while taking exception and targeting those select few who embody those very positive qualities any “normal” person should covet. What’s worse, idiotic Production casts those type of individuals, and even more sadly, some fans/viewers actually embrace them.

05-25-19, 02:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Counter Point"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-19 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

You wrote: "...my contention all along is the proactive player who stands to garnish the highest NUMBER of votes becomes an ADS target..."

See, that's the crux of the problem right there. If a player stands out and becomes the obvious jury favorite then he didn't play the game correctly. Look at Kim in One World who really didn't stand out before the merger. She just made connections, gaining the numbers on her side and then slowly put her plan in action. The same recipe worked for Tina in the Outback, Ethan in Africa, Brian in Thailand and many others.

Players like Joe aren't victim of ADS but of the manner in which they play the game. If you remember, in his first season, he became an immediate target but his alliance with Jenn and Hali saved him. Then Mike decided to save Joe just before the merger but neither player was smart enough at this game to make an alliance together. Instead, Mike gunned for Joe right after the merger and then became the next obvious target.

That season, I was desperatly hoping to see a post-merger alliance of Joe, Jenn, Hali, Mike, Dan and Kelly taking over the game but, instead Rodney grabbed Kelly, Will and Carolyn. Joe AND Mike had their opportunity to gain numbers but neither was smart enough so they became targets instead.

You then wrote: "GIVEN THE FORMAT of the F3 challenge, Danielle outlasted both Terry and Aras to take the final IC that season ."

I've always said that final challenge wasn't fair but that season had no "friggin' puzzles" which means you shouldn't complain. In fact, most of those season's challenges were based on strength or speed which clearly favored the men in general, Terry in particular. Anyway, another reason you shouldn't complain is that Terry HIMSELF decided to give Danielle a chance to be in that F3 challenge. He could have eliminated her at F4. How would Cirie have fared in that challenge?!! But even that wouldn't have mattered because Aras, who was taller and heavier than Terry and thus at an even bigger disadvantage, beat Terry also.

Lauren expected that Chris knew about her idol. The decision was hers and hers alone and she messed up. She wasn't betrayed by Kelley but by her own faulty analysis.

Next we had: "...It is comical you refuse to acknowledge this fire-making competition as a bona fide game format..."

I was opposed to this game change when it came as a surprise to the players. The same applied to the abomination that was the F3 in Cook Islands.

I like Survivor because it is a game of STRATEGY but how can you strategize if you don't know the rules? That was my problem with it because it resurrected Ben, a player who had been fully and completely Outwitted.

My present concern about it is one I'm sure you share. The Fire-challenge would have been a great game format if it had been combined with the old F2. The F3 IC winner would not have had a voice in choosing who gets to the end but the perfect survival challenge would have decided it. Combining it to the F3 though means that we are assured of having a goat in that F3. Players who SUCK at making fire get a free pass to the F3 and that is simply wrong.

sj007 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-29-19, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Counter Point"
I agree with Aruba that different people have different opinions about idols and other stuff. But stating that puzzles and idols are staples is faulty. A puzzle is a challenge that is a staple from season 1. Idols came into play later to try and make tribal councils more interesting. Then they spiraled out of control. A puzzle is a challenge which is a huge part of the game. Idols are a gimmick, way different. Michel brings up a point about the way they are hidden. It does seem that certain players find them quite easily and quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if they are placed in favorable locations to find which is a joke. Some of the places in recent seasons where they were found you would have to be a ##### idiot not to see them. They take away from the outwit part of the game big time. They should add a 4th criteria: outluck lol. I agree about making fire. If you can't make fire by the end you shouldn't win. That is such a huge part of surviving. I've said for a long time that a final 3 is a waste of time. I propose tweaking after final ic. Whoever wins final immunity chooses among the other 3 who immediately goes home. Then the remaining 2 compete in fire making to see who sits in final tribal. Sounds more compelling than the lame b.s. they have now. Not looking forward to island of idols. Don't even know if I will catch up online. The only thing I'm hoping for is Sandra gets the best of Boston Douchebag.

kingfish 20594 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-19, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Counter Point"
I think you're inventing definitions. I don't think any of what you stated is really set in stone.

Except the part about outluck, which is a given in any game.

And we all know that the only point Michel has is on the top of his head.

(And I'm going to hear about that one)

05-29-19, 09:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Counter Point"
I won't feed a troll.

kingfish 20594 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-19, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Counter Counter counter counter etc. Point"
But you apparently do troll feeds.

05-31-19, 04:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Counter Point"
"...It wouldn't surprise me if they are placed in favorable locations ..."

We have visual evidence that the cameramen play "Hot/Cold" when certain players are searching while others are left to look through the whole jungle. When one of production's favorite needs an idol, the cameras point to it.

06-01-19, 09:16 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Counter Point"
I'm sure it's like the visual (and audio) evidence that Paul McCartney is truly dead and the person we see today is a 50-year lookalike imposter.

Funny how you talk about "Production's favorite," because when it is YOUR favorite who is successful we hear no crying foul with unproven fixes and rigs. Quite the contrary...you shoot enough sunshine up their butts to dry out the Pacific Ocean!

06-01-19, 05:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Counter Point"
"Funny how you talk about "Production's favorite," because when it is YOUR favorite who is successful we hear no crying foul with unproven fixes and rigs. Quite the contrary...you shoot enough sunshine up their butts to dry out the Pacific Ocean!"

You keep writing this falsehood as if you're trying to convince other readers. Look pal, there are practically no other readers so stop with your dishonest spin. I've written that production helped Kim who is my favorite winner. I've also written about other twists that have favored players I liked.

06-01-19, 08:53 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Counter Point"
What I meant about a “staple” in the game is when players embark on any season now there are certain elements they should come to expect. Puzzles, Idols, Tribal Switches to name a few. I respect particular viewers may not be fans of a given “staple,” but players HAVE to be prepared to encounter each and every one of them. Some castaways will search harder than others. Gavin flat-out said at TC he didn’t invest a whole lot of time in looking for idols, so guess what...he ain’t finding any. It was also clearly noted that Rick “outworked” his competition, so guess what...he found them.

Even though harder work and proactivity should be rewarded over lame passive approaches, you are correct to note that luck comes into play every season. As Kingfish referenced, it is virtually impossible to completely eliminate the element of luck in any competition. That being said, I’ve always believed you have two types of luck: Luck you can “create” for yourself, and your old-fashioned dumbass luck that gets placed in your lap—figuratively...and sometimes literally.

06-01-19, 08:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Counter Point"
WOW, some juicy parting shots were flying around in my absence. The “Basher” faithful is smiling widely!

So, when presented with an opportunity of a lifetime over tens of thousands of other hopefuls who would give their right arms to be in that position, you simply do NOT put out your best effort and give 100% as any person should really do in every facet of their life? HMMM...so don’t try your best at everything you do and expect your subpar effort to be rewarded by jealous, lazy bums. I can only hope and pray a majority of parents do NOT raise their children to take that approach in life.

Ethan and Tina were carried in Seasons 2 & 3. Brian owned his season and deserved his win. A trio of Bitter Bettys made that vote pathetically closer than it should have been. Kim stood out before the merger as a top female competitor in the challenges. When the format of that season was men vs. women, it made perfect sense the female tribe would keep the better female challenge performers knowing they will have to be facing an all-male tribe in future challenges. Joe absolutely was an immediate target by the scaredy-cats because of his challenge prowess, but much like Kim in One World, his initial tribes in both seasons wanted to keep winning tribal challenges so they had a vested interest to keep him around pre-merge. After the merge the chickenshits opted for the ADS approach over “Chris-ing” their way to victory.

After Season 12, BOTH Terry and Aras stated there was absolutely NO doubt in either of their minds Danielle was going to win that final IC given its format. The fact both still tried their hardest despite that forgone conclusion was commendable. And Yes, Aras did perform quite well given his stature. Had that challenge been structured similar to the final IC the following season, physical stature would have been removed from the equation and it would have come down to a “battle of mental will...” much like we saw between Tom and Ian in Palau. With that format I would not have betted against Terry even though Aras did outlast him when the format was completely opposite.

Season 12 had “NO friggin’ puzzles??” Totally false. The very first challenge of the season a puzzle had to be solved releasing some object (I forgot exactly what that object was) to hit a target and raise a flag to win. A couple other challenges involved puzzles. I remember because I recall when Casaya lost its first challenge, they were able to boot pathetically inept Melinda’s sorry ass and she was replaced by Bruce who proved to be a savvy puzzle solver and went on to win key tribal challenges for Casaya involving puzzles. After the merge I remember a challenge involving going underwater to observe puzzle clues then racing back to shore to solve a puzzle. That challenge was won by Terry NOT due to his athleticism.
AHHHH, OK, so strength and speed favor a 46-year old man almost TWICE the age of his competition. Talk about the epitome of sad and pathetic...or more the fact of how poorly Casting sucks.

Your eagerness to refuse to give me credit for nailing how Kelly narced out Lauren’s idol and the repercussion that could occur only proceeds to make you sound ridiculously silly by replacing certitudes with your own tainted spins. Conjured up “expectations” hold no water to the fact Chris approached Lauren with his “salesman” pitch to obtain her idol he knew about because Kelly informed him on EI.

Just because situations and elements of the game change throughout the season, it does not take strategy out of the game. Sure, it will require you to adapt and rethink the initial strategy you went in with. Actually, that’s what I like about the game of Survivor. If you were stranded on a deserted island and were forced to “SURVIVE,” do you really think there’d be an instruction manual or a book of rules and regulations set in stone waiting for you to live out your time on the island? LOL

I’ll say for the umpteenth time, fire-making MUST be a basic discipline EVERY individual with aspirations to be on Survivor should master. If not, then SHAME ON YOU. It is irrelevant when someone is asked or required to have to make a fire. It is a shameful copout to even suggest the need to have to make one is a “surprise” or “wrong.”

06-01-19, 05:53 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Counter Point"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-19 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

>So, when presented with an opportunity
>of a lifetime over tens
>of thousands of other hopefuls
>who would give their right
>arms to be in that
>position, you simply do NOT
>put out your best effort
>and give 100% as any
>person should really do in
>every facet of their life?

Survivor isn't like real life at all. Best efforts make you stand out which is good in real life for things like promotions and rewards but it's been proven time and time again that in Survivor it puts a lightning rod on your back. So why would a smart player want to do that? You have to make a 100% effort into fitting in, not standing out.

>HMMM...so don’t try your best
>at everything you do and
>expect your subpar effort to
>be rewarded by jealous, lazy
>bums. I can only hope
>and pray a majority of
>parents do NOT raise their
>children to take that approach
>in life.

Unless you're in a mafia family and want to groom your kid to replace you as Don then parents absolutely shouldn't raise their children to have the right approach to play this amoral game called Survivor.

>Ethan and Tina were carried in
>Seasons 2 & 3.

Lex nearly carried Ethan to disaster. Ethan did much better when he was on his own. Tina carried Colby through the strategic part of the game. The dumbass had no idea how to vote unless he was told.

>Brian
>owned his season and deserved
>his win.

But he really didn't stand out in the first part of the game.

>Kim stood out
>before the merger as a
>top female competitor in the
>challenges.

That's not really true. Sabrina and Chelsea were top performers in most tribal challenges. Kim only stepped up when she had to; right at the end.

> Joe absolutely
>was an immediate target by
>the scaredy-cats because of his
>challenge prowess, but much like
>Kim in One World, his
>initial tribes in both seasons
>wanted to keep winning tribal
>challenges so they had a
>vested interest to keep him
>around pre-merge. After the merge
>the chickenshits opted for the
>ADS approach over “Chris-ing” their
>way to victory.

Why did Joe have to demonstrate his challenge prowess? He could have put on the brakes at times just to avoid the perception.

Anyway, you're a hockey fan and you know the NJ Devils well. They owe ALL their Stanley cup to a tactic, the defensive trap, that is designed to have a group of lesser skilled players hold, interfere and block the best players in the game. Should it be outlawed? In Football and in Basketball, there are always double even triple-teams against the star players. In Baseball, they give intentional walks to great hitters even when the situation doesn't demands it. Joe Maddon and the Cubs once went 3 game in a row walking Bryce Harper every time he came up. You'd call them scardycats but the Baseball world called it smart. The Cubs won that serie and put Harper in a slump for a long time.

Also, you're a big advocate of "the staples of the game". Well, after all these seasons you should be aware that lesser skilled players will use their smarts to align against the challenge champs. That is a staple so stop whining.

>After Season 12, BOTH Terry and
>Aras stated there was absolutely
>NO doubt in either of
>their minds Danielle was going
>to win that final IC
>given its format.

The point is that Aras beat Terry also and that is all that matters concerning the format of that challenge.

>Season 12 had “NO friggin’ puzzles??”
>Totally false.

I was only talking about the individual challenges.
As for Bruce, both tribes knew that he'd be joining the losing tribe so La Mina could've thrown that challenge. They didn't so stop being a "Bitter Betty" about it.

> After the
>merge I remember a challenge
>involving going underwater to observe
>puzzle clues then racing back
>to shore to solve a
>puzzle. That challenge was won
>by Terry NOT due to
>his athleticism.

But it wasn't a puzzle. Players had to remember the order of objects that they saw underwater and reproduce that order with objects on shore. It was a challenge that required mostly speed (ATHLETISM) and memory. It also involved a food bribe so most of Casaya let Terry have it. A daring player could have let Sally win and used his idol to eliminate Aras but Terry played it safe...maybe too safe.

>AHHHH, OK, so strength and speed
>favor a 46-year old man
>almost TWICE the age of
>his competition. Talk about the
>epitome of sad and pathetic...or
>more the fact of how
>poorly Casting sucks.

Strength and speed favor athletic MEN. We only had Terry, Aras, Bobby and Nick that qualified that season and Terry didn't even have to bother with Bobby and Nick after the merger episode. Still the cast of that season was marvelous and because of them Panama is one of my all-time favorites.

>Your eagerness to refuse to give
>me credit for nailing how
>Kelly narced out Lauren’s idol
>and the repercussion that could
>occur only proceeds to make
>you sound ridiculously silly by
>replacing certitudes with your own
>tainted spins.

Listen pal, I read posts from many other boards besides this one. From what i read, you weren't the only one to point out that Kelley spoke too soon so there's no credit to give. Still, I maintain that Lauren expected Chris to know and she made the decision on her own so Kelley isn't to blame at all for that outcome. It's like accusing Kelley of killing Lauren when it was actually a suicide.

Speaking of Suicide, you probably didn't hear but Ashley Massaro of Survivor China hung herself a week or so ago. She's the 5th ex-Survivor to die.

>Just because situations and elements of
>the game change throughout the
>season, it does not take
>strategy out of the game.

If the properties of chess pieces changed suddenly then how could you build an attack or a defense?

>Sure, it will require you
>to adapt and rethink the
>initial strategy you went in
>with. Actually, that’s what I
>like about the game of
>Survivor. If you were stranded
>on a deserted island and
>were forced to “SURVIVE,” do
>you really think there’d be
>an instruction manual or a
>book of rules and regulations
>set in stone waiting for
>you to live out your
>time on the island? LOL

I totally agree with that but there are certain twists that only favor ONE PLAYER and that's totally unfair. Surprising everyone with the fire challenge helped ONLY Ben, no one else so how could they strategize against it? The shittiest part of it is that production had the gall to call an "Advantage" the parchement that told Chrissy about the rules change!! Another big question about the integrity of the show came when Probst told us that they had the idea for that twist for a while and decided that THIS was the right time to implement it.

>I’ll say for the umpteenth time,
>fire-making MUST be a basic
>discipline EVERY individual with aspirations
>to be on Survivor should
>master. If not, then SHAME
>ON YOU. It is irrelevant
>when someone is asked or
>required to have to make
>a fire. It is a
>shameful copout to even suggest
>the need to have to
>make one is a “surprise”
>or “wrong.”

You're obtuse. I'm not contesting the fact that fire making is primordial. I'm against the fact that the fire challenge was introduced as a surprise twist that saved a player who had been outwitted and outplayed.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •