The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-21-17, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
A great Finale and an outstanding FTC. Sadly, followed by the worst Reunion I can recall. Aside from the heartwarming reunion of Ben’s Marine comrades making a surprise appearance, the reunion segment was a dud. I realize they didn’t have the normal compliment of time to hit all the season’s losers, but a few items would have made for interesting TV.

Personally, I would be curious to know if Cole needed to issue a restraining order against Jessica from her stalking him back at home. Or why JP left his tongue back at the Ponderosa when the Jury embarked to FTC. If we were treated to Ali doing a catwalk down a runway, I would have turned my TV off right after that performance and considered that a perfect ending to the season.

I liked the new format at FTC. It’s a format that can work so long as you don’t have a group of disgruntled sore-losing Bitter Bettys who would want to use the old format to recite a Sue Hawk “snake and rat” rant. I did sense a little bitterness from Ashley, but in the end Ashley was going to cast her vote for any finalist with a vagina. All in all, I believe every Juror truly voted FOR a player to win as opposed to voting AGAINST a player giving the million to another finalist by default.

The last Finale I can remember when I would have been perfectly happy with either deserving the win was Cook Islands (Yul vs. Ozzy.) Yes, Chrissy finished super strong in the challenges, but Ozzy displayed wire-to-wire Day One to Day 39 challenge dominance and also finished runner-up.

I’ll also go so far to say Chrissy gave arguably the best FTC performance in Survivor history. Yet in the end, the Survivor with the more complete “body of work” prevailed. Whereas Chrissy never stopped playing the game, there was that middle portion of the season when she set it on cruise control and was content to lay back until the F7 where she would have voted out her “#1” Ben and take the inside track to victory. Lauren’s newly formed RC alliance gave her a cold slap in the face where she proceeded to kick it in gear once again.

Conversely, Ben put the pedal to the metal from Day One to Day 39. The montage of Ben’s season we viewed during the Reunion Show confirmed that. Again, a Chrissy win would have been satisfying and deserving, but I cannot argue with the ultimate outcome.

Going back to my last ranking list, I believed back then if Ben was able to scratch, claw, and fight his way to the Finals, I was fairly certain he would win. I also predicted Chrissy would give him a run for his money. And to complete the trifecta, I was confident (even though I ranked him last) Ryan was all but assured a spot in the Finals.

Which brings us to the new F4 twist Jeff said would be a staple in future seasons. On one side of the coin, what an appropriate concept to actually use a REAL survival skill to earn your way into the Finals. On the other side, it all but assures a weak and pathetically inept castaway a gifted seat in the Finals. It’s disturbing enough given the structure of the game, someone inept gets a golden ticket to the end game for pretty much being...well...inept. It’s insult to injury to further “reward” their ineptness by advancing them to the Finals. I guess we’ll see how it plays out in future seasons.

Too bad for Devon they did away with the Fan Favorite Award. His bank account would probably be 50K richer. Ben-Chrissy-Devon would have been the most impressive F3 FTC in Survivor history.

The “Dehydration, Food-Deprivation, Adverse Conditions Destroyed My Brain Cells” Award goes to Mike by a landslide for being so absolutely sure he would have been a slam-dunk winner if in the Finals. Sorry Doctor...even if three of the eight Jurors were his wife and kids, Mike still does not win.

With next season all newbies again, I will be back to rank players, bash castaways, reconvene the Aruba Commission so Kingfish is not the only poster to “Be A Survivor,” and be amused when Michel selectively decides to play his Conspiracy Theory cards.

Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year to All!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-21-17 1
   RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT Aruba 12-22-17 2
       RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-22-17 3
           RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT kingfish 12-23-17 4
               RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-23-17 5
                   RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT kingfish 12-24-17 6
                       RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-24-17 7
                           RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT Aruba 12-24-17 8
                               RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-24-17 9
 RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-26-17 10
   RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT kingfish 12-27-17 11
       RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT michel2 12-27-17 12
 Another Controversy michel2 12-27-17 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2470 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-21-17, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-17 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

I was enjoying this final episode up to the point when Chrissy's "advantage" was read. My reaction was immediate: Once more, production found a way to get the winner they wanted. They had stuffed Ben's pockets with 3 idols, a 4th would have been a bit too much so someone came up with that twist to save him. A true conspiracy theory would even suggest that Devon was given a faulty flint and damp coconut husk...

Had I been on the jury I wouldn't have been able to vote for Ben because he shouldn't have been in that FTC with the rules as he knew them. Survivor has gotten so low that it's more soap opera than a real competition. The winner is the player with the best sob story.

At least you picked up on the main problem with this new twist. As Ryan himself said: He got to the F3 because he stinks at making fire. I'd agree with this twist on two conditions: Let the players know in advance AND combine it with the return of the FINAL TWO The Final Three was introduced after production saw so many of its favorites get voted out at F3 (Kathy, Cesternino and Dietz in particular). The fire challenge would have been preferable to the abomination that is the F3 but I wonder how we'd feel after seeing more than 20 of those challenges at the end. I mean, it's never been "MUST SEE TV". Yul would have beaten Becky, Earl gotten the better of Cassandra, Todd beaten Courtney so it would have mostly been a waste of time.

The game of Survivor was great as it was in the beginning. None of the twist introduced after Season 6 have helped it in any way. Certainly not the Outcasts, the players returning from Redemption Island, the idols, the voting advantages that never work. Now we are in for a season filled with twists that failed. Aren't we lucky? Can we have a "Ghost Island" season without players returning from the dead to haunt their "killers".

You wrote:

"All in all, I believe every Juror truly voted FOR a player to win as opposed to voting AGAINST a player giving the million to another finalist by default."

I believe every juror voted for the person they liked most:

- Devon voted for his friend, Ryan.

- Ashley voted for Chrissy because she enjoyed seeing her winning those immunity challenges and representing the moms out there.
-Mike voted for Chrissy because he disliked Ben.

- I'd say Desi, Cole, JP, Joe, Lauren voted for Ben mostly because he was a Marine. It was evident in Lauren's face when she was in the voting confessional that she wasn't happy casting that vote and since she certainly didn't like Ryan and Chrissy, she voted for the one that bothered her the less.

It's funny that you got the result you wanted mostly from the players (JP, Cole and Joe) that you despised!! It seems you owe them an apology!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-22-17, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
Wow, the bitterness that escaped the Jury this season appeared to migrate your way.

Practically EVERY season introduces different twists and “expect the unexpected” for the primary reason for players NOT to play the game following the prior “rules as they knew them.” If you TRULY would be “unable” to vote for a finalist because of a twist or turn a finalist proactively took advantage of, then Survivor is not the game for you. It forces players to adapt and the ones who are able to react to the changes/twists deserve an advantage over others who hope to benefit from following a similar like format from prior seasons. The twists and new rules you regard as problematic is a huge reason we just finished watching Season 35.

Ben was nothing short of persistent and relentless in his pursuit to find and possess his idols. Here would be a hypothetical example of Production “stuffing idols in pockets.” They could swim up to the five castaways who were chewing the fat (actually plotting to gang up on Ben) and pow-wowing in the ocean (while Ben was proactively searching harder than anyone else) and shove the five idols down everyone’s pants. Or better yet, play the role of Tooth Fairy and slip an idol beneath everyone’s SLEEPING head. Note the emphasis on “sleeping” because that’s what everyone was doing while Ben was proactively searching. Consequently, shame on them! I have no problem with a castaway earning a reward/advantage by out-searching/outplaying the competition. And as evident by the final vote, neither did most of the Jurors.

It was specifically stated the new F4 twist will be used in future seasons, so contrary to what you would like to believe, it was not instituted as a once and done twist solely for Ben’s benefit. And Ben still needed to proactively WIN that challenge. Any viewer/fan who suggests Devon’s flint was purposely rigged to be “faulty” borders between whiny and obnoxious.

Devon and Ryan were “friendly” because it was RYAN who initiated that friendship through his social play as stated by Ryan when making his case to the Jury during the “Outwit” segment of FTC. Personally, I thought he did a very good job making his case in that regard...good enough to earn Devon’s vote.

Yes, Ashley was going to vote Chrissy because she represented the “Moms...” and that was enough regardless how many challenges Chrissy ended up winning or not winning.

I did not know Mike voted Chrissy. I thought the two votes Chrissy received were from Ashley and JP. Knowing now Chrissy’s second vote came from Mike, I will give you that Juror and agree Mike’s vote was probably more against Ben than for Chrissy.

I honestly believe Ben’s votes were more a case of the “underdog” who was #1 on everyone’s hit list as far back as F7/F6 and still successfully fought his way to the Finals. Sure, Ben has a story as a former Marine who struggled to adjust coming back to society, and Chrissy has a story of how all women who struggle juggling work to help provide for the family while being a Mom. For the record I feel Chrissy did a far better job framing and selling HER story. I acknowledge you will never believe it, but I remain steadfast that a majority assessed the various factors and attributes within the Survivor game as the main criteria when casting their votes.

Yes, I disliked Joe immensely...but why do you think I “despised” Cole and JP??? I appropriately regarded them as a couple of nitwits, but I never despised them. Therefore, I owe NO ONE an apology. Actually, it’s Production who owes us an apology for casting those muttonheads to begin with.

As far as “getting the result I wanted,” howabout a share a little Holiday secret with you.
If I was on the Jury, I would have walked into FTC completely torn and undecided between Ben and Chrissy for all the reasons I’ve stated in my posts this season...way too many reasons to reiterate here. It would have been so close in my mind I probably would have used FTC as the tiebreaker. IMO, I feel Chrissy blew everyone away at FTC, so in the end, my vote would have gone to Chrissy. That being said, I also can understand and accept Ben getting most of the other votes and would still be fine participating in a season with Ben as the ultimate Survivor. As I stated before, it is not often I’d be completely satisfied with either of two Finalists taking the title—this season was one of them.

12-22-17, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
I'll let you know that I'm not bitter at the result, just hugely disappointed that a TV show I used to love exposed itself to public mockery once again. I've got many friends who stopped watching or who have never watched because they believe the fix is on. When you see a twist like that introduced at the last minute and when production clearly states that it is done to save a fan favorite then you have to admit those critics have a point.

The fact that they will keep this atrocity doesn't mean it wasn't done at the last minute. It simply means it gives them an additional tool to fix the result.

One idol can change the game and for many seasons there was only 1 idol. Now they keep replacing the idol as soon as it's played and they keep the same method for hiding each so the one who found an idol has a big advantage in finding a second. That's what I mean by stuffing the pockets of a player.

I'd be OK with a player saving himself with one idol and then using that vote to flip the game but when a player survives only because of idols then it's not Survivor. Ben played a great game of "Hide n' Seek" but a terrible game of Survivor. Being a Marine earned him the vote.

kingfish 20091 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-23-17, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
Yeah, I'm suspicious too. But I missed the bit where they clearly stated that that twist was done to save Ben. Where/when was that?

12-23-17, 03:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
I didn't say they did it to save Ben in particular but to save a "fan favorite". This was in the spoilers thread just before the Finale which told us about the twist and why they did it:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8760.shtml#3

"Survivor is often criticized for the way the “strongest” players are eliminated just before Final Tribal Council, losing out on the chance to plead their case to the jury. But those Day 38 Club woes could be a thing of the past with this monumental shake-up to the game. It would provide an opportunity for those usually voted out for being “jury threats,” and therefore potentially creating a more competitive Final Tribal Council."

12-24-17, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
It sounded to me that you were presenting their statement as an indication of production intervening to help their favorite.

A twist that was part of the plan from the beginning is hardly an intervention on behalf of anybody, especially if it was intended to correct an inequality, which according to the poster (whose references are of dubious quality BTW) is what they were ostensibly doing.

I think that twist did weaken the season though, as did the flood of easy to find HIs. They could eliminate the HIs altogether, I think.

12-24-17, 04:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
There is absolutely no way of knowing if that twist was planned from the beginning but even if it was, it was always going to help a player that was the biggest jury threat. The F3 is ALREADY a twist to help a big jury threat so what's next? They may as well stop the vote after the merger and find a way to have the fans decide who should go and who should stay. If it is a game, then the players should know the rules. If not then it isn't a game but a piece of crap.

PS. When a poster has exact inside information you don't question his references!! He nailed it and you're expressing doubts? Weird.

PPS. You are right about the idols, though.

12-24-17, 08:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
You better believe I’ll question some spoiler’s “sources.” At the very least I will never regard that as clearly stated. That could only apply to your patented spin. Here’s a prefect example of something “clearly stated”--someone who played the game 24/7 for 39 days and ultimately won the season appropriately uttering, “DAMN FRIGGIN’ PUZZLES.” Despite your twisted interpretations from a spoiler’s so-called source, the critics and crybabies do NOT have a point.

Although you are right about exposing itself to public mockery—it is sheer mockery that Production casts a bunch of imbeciles who allow Ben to proactively search and play harder than them. Or as Kingfish so accurately noted a few weeks back when these same knuckheads went poo-poo in their pants over JP allowing a more obvious threat like Chrissy to remain in the game. There’s one noteworthy image I recall from Desi at FTC...actually any image pertaining to Desi can be regarded as noteworthy. But I am referencing when she showed her forefinger on one hand and held up four fingers on the other to present a visual effect questioning how daunting and embarrassing it was for four players being unable to prevent Ben from out-searching them. Don’t think for a second THAT didn’t weigh heavily on the Jury as well when casting their votes.

One idol COULD change a game so long as it is played properly. Yet as Jeff accurately stated when he previewed next season, you could have TWO idols in your possession (James/China) and it won’t mean spit if not played corrected. Some of these dim-witted dunces Production has a habit of casting could have a truckload of idols and it wouldn’t help them a lick. Not only did Ben out-search and out-hustle everyone else to find the idols (as opposed to being literally HANDED over to him *cough* Colton *cough*) he played them flawlessly. And why did Ben’s idol plays prove more successful than the other idols found? That question can be answered with another image...Ben putting his finger to his lips...”SHHHHH Secret!” Future castaways should take note.

Survivor is a game and castaways know the rules, but that doesn’t mean Production will simply handover a playbook to them! LMAO. OK, so when most of us are watching the Superbowl six weeks from now with both teams engaging in competition without being privy to the other’s playbook and not able to anticipate the opponents offensive plays or defensive schemes forcing them to adapt and react, we could use your logic and regard that as a “piece of crap.”

12-24-17, 12:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
LAST EDITED ON 12-24-17 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

>You better believe I’ll question some
>spoiler’s “sources.” At the very
>least I will never regard
>that as clearly stated. That
>could only apply to your
>patented spin. Here’s a prefect
>example of something “clearly stated”--someone
>who played the game 24/7
>for 39 days and ultimately
>won the season appropriately uttering,
>“DAMN FRIGGIN’ PUZZLES.” Despite your
>twisted interpretations from a spoiler’s
>so-called source, the critics and
>crybabies do NOT have a
>point.

There is NO QUESTION that the source was accurate because we actually SAW the events unfold just as the spoiler read. Why else would they put in a fire challenge if not to prevent 3 players from deciding who leaves? That twist cannot help an alliance, it can only help the lone wolf.

Also, there is absolutely no question that many people think Survivor is fixed so they don't watch. Ask the people around you. I'm sure you know many more people who DON'T watch so simply ask them why they don't.

And by the way, I can question Ben's preparation for the game: He had to know he was weak in puzzles and there are always puzzles in Survivor so why didn't he practice them?

>Although you are right about exposing
>itself to public mockery—it is
>sheer mockery that Production casts
>a bunch of imbeciles who
>allow Ben to proactively search
>and play harder than them.
>Or as Kingfish so accurately
>noted a few weeks back
>when these same knuckheads went
>poo-poo in their pants over
>JP allowing a more obvious
>threat like Chrissy to remain
>in the game. There’s one
>noteworthy image I recall from
>Desi at FTC...actually any image
>pertaining to Desi can be
>regarded as noteworthy. But I
>am referencing when she showed
>her forefinger on one hand
>and held up four fingers
>on the other to present
>a visual effect questioning how
>daunting and embarrassing it was
>for four players being unable
>to prevent Ben from out-searching
>them. Don’t think for a
>second THAT didn’t weigh heavily
>on the Jury as well
>when casting their votes.

Actually, I think casting is the BEST part of that outfit. I've had a chance to exchange with many Survivors on the internet and they are all very interesting people.

Even if they had wanted to follow Ben 24 hours a day, they would have been PREVENTED BY PRODUCTION! No, this is NOt a conspiracy theory, just a way the game works: Whenever a player is asked for a confessional, he walks out of camp ALONE, records his confessional in a secluded spot and then returns to camp ALONE. Since confessionals have varying durations, no one can know when Ben would have been due back in camp, leaving plenty of free time to look. Here's a funny "conspiracy theory": It's possible the production staff conducted Ben's confessionals right besides the idol's hidding spot!!

>One idol COULD change a game
>so long as it is
>played properly. Yet as Jeff
>accurately stated when he previewed
>next season, you could have
>TWO idols in your possession
>(James/China) and it won’t mean
>spit if not played corrected.
>Some of these dim-witted dunces
>Production has a habit of
>casting could have a truckload
>of idols and it wouldn’t
>help them a lick. Not
>only did Ben out-search and
>out-hustle everyone else to find
>the idols (as opposed to
>being literally HANDED over to
>him *cough* Colton *cough*) he
>played them flawlessly. And why
>did Ben’s idol plays prove
>more successful than the other
>idols found? That question can
>be answered with another image...Ben
>putting his finger to his
>lips...”SHHHHH Secret!” Future castaways should
>take note.

Ben was clearly everyone's target so how could he fail in playing his idol? LOL! He was successful simply because there was always an idol to find.

>Survivor is a game and castaways
>know the rules, but that
>doesn’t mean Production will simply
>handover a playbook to them!
> LMAO. OK, so when
>most of us are watching
>the Superbowl six weeks from
>now with both teams engaging
>in competition without being privy
>to the other’s playbook and
>not able to anticipate the
>opponents offensive plays or defensive
>schemes forcing them to adapt
>and react, we could use
>your logic and regard that
>as a “piece of crap.”

I'm not talking about the other players' playbook, I'm talking about the VERY RULES of the game. Imagine the following: With 2 minutes to play in the Super Bowl, your team is leading by 7 points and are 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. They wisely decide to kick the field goal to go up by 10 points but right after the kick, the referee announces: THE NEXT TOUCHDOWN WILL COUNT FOR 14 POINTS...

THAT'S THE RIDICULE SURVIVOR IS CONSTANTLY CREATING.

Let's have fun with this analogy to Football:

The NFL Outcast Twist: With Tom Brady injured, the Pats started the season 0 and 8 but, with Brady back, they finished with a perfect 8 and 0 second half. They would have been out of the playoffs but the NFL announces: This season, playoff rankings are based on each half seasons so not only are the Pats in the playoffs, they are the #1 seed!

NFL Hidden Idol: Bill Belichick finds the idol in a cheerleader's pompoms and plays it to get an extra 7 points!

NFL Secret Advantage: Once more Belichick winds up with the advantage and it reads: You can void one of your opponent's touchdowns!

NFL Redemption Island: Eliminated early on, the Pats are allowed back into the playoffs after beating the Cleveland Browns in a duel.

NFL Final Three: Losers of the AFC conference championship game, the Pats are still in the Super Bowl hunt because it is now a three team round-robin.

12-26-17, 01:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
LAST EDITED ON 12-26-17 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

It looks like production wanted Chrissy in the F3: The "S" at the end of Heroes is upside down. (the larger half should be on the bottom)!! If Ben had won that IC then their whole F4 twist would have been quite meaningless, everyone knowing the Marine would win...

On another note, it's funny that the "U" was the last letter Chrissy placed.

12-27-17, 00:26 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-17 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

That's a big find. One that won't ever make a difference unless Ryan or Devon sue. Ben won, he won't want to shake the tree, and Chrissy was the beneficiary of the mistake, so it won't help her to sue unless she wants to risk her 2nd place money.

Still, very interesting.

Chrissy had just seen Ben make the upside down U mistake, so it's logical that she would do a final check there.

12-27-17, 01:10 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S35 FINALE ASSESSMENT"
Thank you for your input Kingfish.

I rewatched the challenge and confirmed that the S in Heroes was still upside down after Jeff declared her the winner so she didn't do a last second change. (The U isn't the last letter she put up contrary to what I wrote above because there's still the S in healers remaining. That one she put right side up)

I see 3 possibilities:

1- The side of the S didn't matter because it's still an "S". Then why not make the letter perfectly symmetrical? The "S", as it was drawn, does have a side.

2- Jiffy simply didn't see the mistake. It's hard to believe that Ben or anyone else in production didn't look over at Chrissy's board and didn't call it out.

3- They really wanted this result because it assured we'd have the best Fire Challenge match-up. That's troubling because it opens the can of worms of fixed results. Let's not forget what Devon said; he often made fire during his days out there. Why did he suddenly look as bad as Sundra? Could have been nerves, could have been poor material compared to his opponent's...

12-27-17, 01:46 AM (EST)
13. "Another Controversy"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-17 AT 01:54 AM (EST)

There is another debate on the internet: Was this twist planned all along or was it implemented at the last second to save Ben?

Some say they plan out the season in advance but we know they've made changes in the past, the most obvious change was the last Tribal IC in Gabon which was designed to be the merger Individual Immunity Challenge but they did one more tribal switch instead.

While this debate is going on, I have a different point of view: Maybe they've been planning this twist for many seasons but didn't feel the need to implement it before this season. I suppose that someone came up with the idea soon after Worlds Apart. They had just seen Mike save their season by winning the last few ICs but they realized how close they came to a Will-Rodney-Caroline F3 and wanted to make sure they'd never come that close to disaster again.

We have to realize that they've been set-up for a F4 Fire Challenge in case of a tie vote for a long time so introducing the "advantage" note didn't require any special preparation.

Last season would have been a waste because Brad would have certainly taken Troyzan, leaving Tai to probably beat Sarah, the very player they had made sure would look like THE "Game Changer".

Millenials vs Gen X was going to be won by either Adam or David so maybe production simply didn't have a favorite.

They didn't need it in Kaoh Rong because they removed Joe for medical reasons instead. Once Aubry lost her F3 partner it was going to come down to a Fire Challenge no matter who won the F4 immunity.

While Ryan, Devon and Chrissy would have all made "good" winners, it's not hard to imagine that Survivor couldn't pass on the story of the Marine with PTSD, especially in a year where so much talk about "respecting the veterans" has been going on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •