The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starter List - S33"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2577 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-29-16, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starter List - S33"
Can’t recall the last time I was into the first two episodes as much as I was with these. Could it be Production went back to its early roots and not focused on Modeling Agencies for recruitment? Still with 20 castaways and only 2 ½ hours of airtime it’s tough to keep names with faces, but decided to kick start the list/ranking for this season.

MICHELLE/JAY – I grouped them together because this duo controlled the vote and orchestrated who was going home. Jay & Michelle were proof positive you don’t have to be swapping nasty five-day old spit to emerge as the “power couple.” Jay pulling Figgy and Michaela aside while Michelle went to work firming up the necessary numbers was vintage Survivor. My only negative was how they handled that TC fiasco with Hannah, but not enough to keep them from the top spot this week.

KEN – A natural with the spear gun. Earned David’s trust to obtain the HII knowledge. The MVP of the Ep. 2 IC. Would probably fit in with the Millenials best out of all the Gen-Xs.

DAVID – If I ranked immediately after the Premier he’d be on the bottom. Since then, he started fire, found the HII, and bonded with the most physical/athletic on the tribe. As long as Ken doesn’t narc him (and his idol) out, Dave should reach the stage of the game where his pathetic challenge ineptness will allow him to advance well. The octopus Ken caught would have performed better than Dave in the challenge—and that’s with the spear still in it.

ZEKE – Opposite of Dave, if ranked immediately after the Premier Zeke would be higher for me. Was the first to start fire. Spoke up smartly at the first IC to shortcut the balance beam. Of all the Millenials I see Zeke fitting in with the Gen-Xers the best. Found himself on the wrong side of the vote, but he should be OK for now.

MICHAELA – Everything she said was dead on; but her approach was dead-off. Although to her credit in the end she was able to put personal conflicts aside and look at the big picture and what is best for her game. She was the one who suggested Mari as the sacrificial lamb allowing her alliance to keep the majority in the tribe.

JESSICA – With all the jockeying for position among Gen-X, i.e. controller Paul and his Posse, Rachel and CeCe forming their bond, and most of the tribe dealing with the David “fish out of water” dilemma, Jessica has kept herself out of the crosshairs of all that drama. She’ll need to continue to do that for a long while in order for her “Legacy” advantage to come into play on...Day 36!?

WILL – Have him where he is because of his age. I’m pretty impressed an 18-year old has fit in so well. If anything he’s shown more maturity than half of his tribe...and maybe the Gen-X tribe for that matter. Although not an advocate of passive play, that may be the best strategy right now for this high-schooler.

CECE – She could have been edgy and agitated returning back to camp getting a few votes, but had the discipline not to cause a scene. Faltered in the water at the IC, but I applaud her ability to make up for that with the ring tosses.

HANNAH – With the first two boots in the books I may have to say the remaining castaway with the best body could be—Hannah?! After the Premier she emerged as one of my favorite females. Knowing she wasn’t going to get any invite from the horny toads, I thought for sure she would be able to rally an all-girl alliance. I was all ready to dub that alliance “Hannah and her Sisters.” Not to be. I honestly believe that prolonged spectacle over the parchment paper was more grandstanding for the TV viewers than anything else, but whatever her motive the tribe will now view her as an indecisive liability.

SUNDAY – When her turn came up at the IC I thought, oh geez Gen-X will now have to play catch up; but she surprised the heck out of me. The overweight, middle-aged, Pastor Momma of four can hold her own. Yet I still have reservations about her social game.

ADAM – The only thing from both episodes that sticks out with Adam is feeling so inclined to share his “expertise” as to what NOT to do on Survivor, i.e. come out of the gate strong, engage in heated confrontations, and get involve in a showmance. Well...Mike started like gangbusters, Natalie got downright vocal and nasty with Rocker, and can we forget Rob and Amb”a” from the season they had the audacity to call “All-Stars?” And what do they all have in common...AHHHH...they all won their seasons. LOL

BRET – Could we have another “Invisi-Brett?” It would be tough with his rather large frame. I think it would be safe to say this police officer has downed more than his share of donuts.

CHRIS – I’d say it’s a fair analogy comparing Dave to a puppy dog. But you should put a puppy dog on a lease; not let him run wild and go find HIIs. DUMBA$$.

PAUL – I should have him higher because he makes me look so good. I’m a couple years older than Paul but look 15 years younger...and from a health standpoint 30 years younger. I guess they sent the chopper back because his ailment wasn’t close to a joint. *SNORT* For someone who made a stink over “participation trophies,” he sure wasn’t complaining about the flint waiting for them returning from TC after they got their a$$es kicked in the first IC. HaHa

LUCY – Last Asian standing. After two full episodes that’s all I can say about Lucy.

TAYLOR & FIGGY – I started the ranking with a couple; so I’ll end with one. Whereas Jay & Michelle have done everything right; Taylor & Figgy have done everything wrong. Taylor does have killer eyes so I can understand Figgy's pair of goggles, but not seeing it the other way around. More like a love blindfold. If Figgy had even a halfway decent body I wouldn’t be so fixated on the chin mole. And she thinks she’s all that. I guess when you’re the easiest you don’t need to be the best looking.

Last year James on Big Brother was rewarded for his solid play by being appropriated awarded AFP. Tai earned the same status last Survivor season. The Asian community must now be in mourning over the first two boots:

RACHEL – Probably the smartest choice because if this Cougar made it to tribal switch or merge, the young Millenial boys would be tripping over their tongues and Gen-X would lose her for sure. I’m going to miss Michel trying to convince Kingfish and I that her plastic boobies were real.

MARI – Any love goggles worn should have been looking HER way. But I guess the guys were thinking she’s probably got a couple virtual boyfriends back at home. Rather ironic Mari thought Hannah was whispering about puppies and butts at TC. It was her “butt” taking the walk of shame and her “puppy” dog eyes tearing up over the reality of her fate.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starter List - S33 Dakota 09-29-16 1
   RE: Starter List - S33 Aruba 09-30-16 2
       RE: Starter List - S33 michel2 10-01-16 9
           RE: Starter List - S33 Aruba 10-03-16 13
               RE: Starter List - S33 michel2 10-03-16 14
                   RE: Starter List - S33 Aruba 10-04-16 16
 The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. kingfish 09-30-16 3
   RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh.... Aruba 09-30-16 4
       RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh.... kingfish 09-30-16 5
           RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh.... Aruba 10-01-16 6
               RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh.... kingfish 10-01-16 7
 My List michel2 10-01-16 8
   RE: My List kingfish 10-01-16 10
       RE: My List michel2 10-01-16 11
   RE: My List Aruba 10-03-16 12
       RE: My List michel2 10-03-16 15
           RE: My List Aruba 10-04-16 17
               RE: My List michel2 10-04-16 18
                   RE: My List Aruba 10-05-16 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-16, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Starter List - S33"
Ah yes, Ken and those eyes and abs. But I'm not in Bashers looking for romance.
Hannah would probably get along with the Millennial crowd too. Dave is going to wear out my mute button. How can any survivor be so inept at sneaking away to look for the HII? They know what he's doing every.single.time.
What's Michaela upset about?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-30-16, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Starter List - S33"
Hannah is a bit tough to figure after last episode. If my suspicion about her grandstanding is correct then I agree she'd be able to get along with both generations. But if she proves to be a wackadoodle as Mari was insinuating, we could have another Shinniny on our hands.

In any event I'm kinda digging her early on...but not in an "eyes and abs" kind of way, mind you.

I hear you on Dave and the mute button. Personally he's hurting my eyes more than my ears. The ineptness I'm referring to is in challenges. In IC #1 he failed with the puzzle, and in IC #2 his physical ineptness was difficult to watch. He's a total debacle.

His ability and success in finding the HII was more a case of the idiots back at camp allowing the "puppy dog" to run off on his own and find the HII. Morons!

Michaela (and Jay) are both upset that a power duo may be forming between Taylor and Figgy. Anytime you have two voting as one it is concerning. It also puts the alliance formed on Day One involving Taylor and Figgy at risk. Then of course there's the EWWWWWWWW Factor with two people sucking face who've only known each other but a couple days with NO soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste or mouthwash.

michel2 1868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-01-16, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Starter List - S33"
As if no one ever had sex before soap was invented!!

10-03-16, 07:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Starter List - S33"
Although I'm old enough to have fathered every Millennial in the game, I'm pretty darn sure soap was invented BEFORE my time...so it clearly was invented before THEIR time as well.

I'm sure there's HOSTS of things we can look back on today and only wonder how and why thousands of years ago. But quite frankly I don't give a hoot about thousands of years ago...the focus is on NOW.

And what we're talking about is swapping spit without proper prior oral hygiene. Do people do it? Obviously they do...and I regard that as nasty and skanky in 2016. But hey...call me neurotic.

10-03-16, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Starter List - S33"
No, actually I'll call you North American. Even NOW, in many parts of the worlds, things are much different.

10-04-16, 05:59 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Starter List - S33"
>No, actually I'll call you North
>American. Even NOW, in
>many parts of the worlds,
>things are much different.

You can say again!

On the subject of sex, in Dubai not only is non-marital sex illegal, in a case of rape the victim can be charged with the same crime as the perpetrator.

You will be fined in Singapore for chewing gum.

In Switzerland it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10:00pm.

In Russia, President Putin just signed a law making it illegal to tell children gay people exist. I guess if Survivor or Big Brother aired in Russia it could not be shown in prime time.

Yep, call me North American...and I'm pretty darn proud of it!!!

kingfish 19420 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-16, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. "
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-16 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

I don't know them well enough to form anything but a knee jerk reaction list. But for what it's worth, here's who I think looked good in their edits, those who got no edit or looked neutral, and those who got bad edits:

Good Edits:

Ken: Got the best edit. Low key, sympathetic back story, teams up with an outlier. And he's woman bait without trying, or alienating the men. I mean so far he's not been tempted by anybody in his love goggles. And he's spear fished before and can make good Paul's assertion that getting fishing equipment is better than getting chickens because that will allow them to harvest more food than an egg or two a day. How many pseudo-survivors have tried spear fishing and been frustrated by how difficult it is for a beginner? And how are you going to feed ten people on an egg a day?

Hanna: Also IMO got a good edit. Her coconut frustration was both comical and endearing without being off putting. Those dam coconuts are very hard to husk at first. And her trepidation about taking Michele's word for a vote change without giving a reason for it at tribal speaks well to her common sense.

Also, I was amused by her animated and extended fit of frustration in the voting booth.

David: His edit improved. I don't know about the rest of the viewing audience, but when one person goes off on a HI search, I don't think that's a bad thing for him/her to do, I think why they hell don't they get off their asses and look for one too? And if he is subtle about it, fine, but even if he isn't, that kinda nullifies the supposed treachery of looking for it. Also his teaming up with Ken is smart. It may also be an alliance of desperation for two who don't have anybody else, but it is an alliance. Ken, the athlete and Dave the paranoid intellect might just be a winning combo.

I mentioned somewhere else that watching David at the IC was like looking at a comical Tim Burton skeleton animation. And since that was such a cogent observation I'll repeat it here (this time LAUGH, dammit!). He was funny, but seriously, athletic challenges are not going to be his thing.

Hard to tell right now if there's a budding showmance on Dave's part toward Ken. But as the old Magic Eight Ball often says, "Outlook Good".

Zeke: Zeke only got a borderline good edit, but he's here because his confessionals seem to reflect a rational personality, not prone to confrontations or pot stirring. The fact that he is confrontational in the preview for next week may cause me to change my opinion. But that's next week, so enjoy this while you can, Zeke.

Michaela Her edit was positive, she assessed he situation and correctly focused on the showmance, and even more correctly picked Figgy Puddin for the specific target, although it was a close choice. She came across as manipulator, and if she's sufficiently low key that might bode well for her.

Paul: Almost died, then was resurrected. Josea should be watching, this is what a messiah is like. OK, so much for my heresy, but he did get a good edit, first he beat heat exhaustion but didn't ask to be removed (he's no Colton, thank god!). Then he's swimming like a fish in the challenge and providing good optics for Gen-X as a winning tribe.

Non- or neutral Edit:

Chris: I could have put Chris in the good edit section, he's serious, hard working, reasonable, contributes to challenges, and gives good confession. But the editors didn't really focus on him so the gets a non/neutral edit this week.

Bret: Same as Chris. Not much one can say about non- or neutral edits.

Adam: Ditto.

Lucy: Ditto.

Will: Ditto.

Jessica: Ditto.

Sunday: Ditto.

Jay: I don't think he was as hurt by the Tribal kerfuffle as Michelle was. The editors weren't as unkind to him as they were to her. He basically sat back and let the thing happen between the women with muted contributions. But any hope at obscuring his feelings and loyalties are pretty much dashed, so I am not optimistic about his future. He did have the sense and game play to try and neutralize the showmance disaster that is headed off the cliff, so maybe he'll surprise me.

Bad Edit:

CeCe: Shown as having no game play. Somehow she managed to get herself lumped with Rachel who apparently just irked the heck out of everybody to the point where she was the almost unanimous first boot. But, with Rachael having been booted, she now does have some life and has value to both alliances as a swing vote, so I think she's the best of the worst.

Michelle: She's damaged by that last TC. Bad reaction to a self induced last minute panic typical of an inexperienced millennial. She should have counted votes before hand and talked with Hanna then, and not cause a commotion that resulted in putting herself in the spotlight and for everyone on the tribe to know her intentions. Not only does Figgy et.al. now know that she considered voting her out, the other alliance knows with crystal clear definition where she stands and where the division lines are. No beating about the bush now with her. It would not have been he worst thing in the world if the vote had gone to evict Figgy, getting one of a twosome out always has some advantage, and the commotion and suspicions she aroused at Tribal were not worth the minimal gain in numbers.

Figgy Puddin: slightly better edit than Taylor, but not by much. Taylor's authorship of the reasoning that being in a twosome won't hurt them (see below) is only minimally worse than Figgy's buying into it. And the editors are making it all too plain what the weaknesses of Millennials as portrayed by her really are, tendency to unreasonable blind panics, naivety, lack of objectivity, and the thinking that if it's a cliché, it must be wisdom. Even stupid cliché's (love goggles indeed!).

Taylor: Worst by far edit. Actually thinks that being in a twosome can't hurt because it's too early in the game. WTF? Also, his assertion to Figgy that he's "...thought it all the way through, and they are safe."

He's this season's most deluded dude.

09-30-16, 08:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. "
I hear ya on the knee jerk reaction. I almost was not going to put one out this week also, but I just couldn’t contain myself.

WOW...really thought the Producers were showing little love to Michelle/Jay? I thought they emerged as the “winners” from Ep. 2. I didn’t see Jay “sitting back and letting the thing happen.” What I saw was Jay pulling Figgy and Michaela (fresh off machete fight material) aside and convince them to join forces telling both they were most at risk. I’ll even credit Jay with baiting Michaela to drop Mari’s name as the sacrificial lamb.

I don’t think Michelle will be damaged by the TC. The only two I see going back to camp getting upset and picking bugs out of their a$$es are Zeke and Adam. I believe Hannah is most at risk of being damaged at the last TC. Whereas her animation may have come across as amusing to some viewers, her fellow tribe mates will look upon that as an indecisive liability.

Most players do NOT ask to be removed upon a medical call. Colton was a girly-man, whimp-of-the-world exception. Paul was fortunate his ailments were not near a “joint.” He’s a buffoon and I’m not optimistic of his future.

Otherwise we’re pretty much on the same page. The horndogs clearly deserve to anchor this week’s list.

I wanted to comment on your Tim Burton skeleton animation reference to Dave when I read it on the other thread, but not sure I was allowed to...but I’ll tell you here I laughed heartily when I read it. Actually I laughed even harder at Zeke’s “pornstache” reference.

09-30-16, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. "
I didn't read your post before I made mine, but I did afterward and I noticed the huuuge difference in our perceptions about Michelle/Jay. You could be right, it will be interesting to see how that goes.

The sitting back remark in regard to Jay was in reference to his performance at TC, not in regard to his influence before TC. At TC, Michelle was causing the whispering commotion by trying to get Hannah to vote Mari out without giving an explanation. She wouldn't stop pushing her. First, it was kinda rude to try and dictate to another how they should vote, and second the persistence with which she pursued her kinda got out of hand. Again, that was something that should have been settled before TC. The commotion was noticed by Jeff, then by the rest of the tribe. Someone even remarked that they were wondering what was going on down there. Normally it's not good to be in the spotlight that way, but we will see.

The preview did show that Zeke and Adam are going to be pissed at Hannah for her vote when they return to camp. Hannah should be pissed at Michelle and Jay for putting her in that position. Awkward. Days will pass before they will return to TC, plenty of time for these tensions to settle out.

Rolly came up with the Pornstache moniker. The Sig. was made and claimed by Tribe, but I didn't have one yet so I just took (borrowed) his. He likes it when we take his stuff.

10-01-16, 07:25 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. "
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-16 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

Well major props to Rolly! I may take it upon myself to nominate that for induction into the Survivior Nickname Hall of Fame.

You are correct that Michelle definitely took charge at TC trying to sway Hannah. Although I don't think it would have been advisable trying to suggest the switch to Hannah PRIOR to TC. In the Premier when Taylor/Figgy/Jay/Michelle formed their alliance, Hannah knowing they weren't including her made attempts to create her own and bonded with Mari at that time. This had to be evident among the Millenials so attempting to advise Hannah before TC would have run the risk of Hannah informing Mari.

The commotion was ill-advised and could have been defused with a simple, "if you vote Figgy we could have a tie...wanna be drawing rocks at our first TC?" Period. Reason given...move on with the vote.

If Zeke and Adam tag team Hannah back at camp, she could provide some first-grade math that Mari walks either 6-4 or 7-3. She'll have no problem convincing them she had no knowledge of the blindside prior to TC and she would have been more than happy to clue them in had she been sitting closer to them at TC.

I guess Zeke and Adam can sulk and whine when they return but what leverage do two have pressing the majority of seven to explain themselves?

10-01-16, 01:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh. "
Pornstache is hall of fame worthy.

And Zeke and Adam should curb their antagonism and try to make the best of the situation rather than dig a hole that will only serve to turn them into future targets.

10-01-16, 05:15 PM (EST)
8. "My List"
So nice to see you here and I'll start with agreeing with you about the start of the season. The Millennials are pumping a lot of fresh air in a series that had become quite stale over the years. It’s still early to make a fair comparison but right now I’d say they are as fun to watch as Mara’amu, Casaya and Fei Long because every single one of them is well developed. It was painful to see Mari leave because she had quite a nice premiere but it would have been painful to see anyone of them leave.

So with that, here is my list which is mostly based on episode 2 because I had a list ready for episode 1 but nowhere to go! I'll put in some episode 1 comments for those that made a dissapearing act in the second.

The Good - They were like Magicians:

1- Michelle: This Michelle really has game! This was her episode; she was the tactical star of the evening, a player of high caliber like we’ve rarely seen, part magician, part hypnotist! She is liked by everyone in her tribe and she has shown an ability to present convincing arguments to the people she wants on her side. The only drawback is that Jeff didn’t tell us that she managed to keep up with Chris during the challenge but at least we had Hannah telling us that she was ripping through the water also!

No one has ever managed to pull strings at Tribal Council quite like Michelle. Way back in the Outback, we were told that Tina brilliantly pulled strings to vote out Mitchell but that was on the way to Tribal Council. For a long time players weren’t even allowed to talk if Jeff didn’t address them. They’ve been much freer in recent years but, while Kass and Tasha came close, no one ever reached the level of pressure we saw Michelle putting on Hannah.

Of course, the seating arrangement at tribal council was conducive to Michelle’s action. Luckily, Mari, Zeke and Adam were too far away to hear what was going on.

2- Jay: It’s funny when you consider that Jay told us in his pre-season interview that he’d like to start fights between tribe mates in order to get them voted out but then we saw him working his magic to reconcile two bitter enemies. Earlier, Michaela said that magic was about pulling a rabbit out of the hat but Jay showed us another great magic trick by reconciling Figgy and Michaela! I also liked how he was able to fool Zeke and Adam into thinking he had given up on Taylor and Figgy. Jay has a lot of potential but he was clearly overshadowed by his alliance mate.

3- Ken: He wasn’t the headliner but we saw that he had a nice trick up his sleeve when he got David to show his cards, revealing the immunity idol. Ken had nice character development when he told us about his personal problems. His MVP performance in the immunity challenge should give him time to find a better position in the tribe. Even if Paul’s posse gets his way, they should target Cece and Dave first and then maybe even turn on one of their own before eliminating Ken especially if they go on a losing streak.

The Amusing

4- Hannah: I really enjoyed her enthusiasm. If we look at the game play, she was only Michelle’s tool, the magician’s assistant, but her camera presence was outstanding. She stole the show, grabbing our attention every time she was on screen. I was very impressed by her. I don't know if she has what it takes to win, she probably doesn't but she is simply a great character. (BTW Aruba, Mari thought Hannah was talking about Puppies and BUGS! not butts)

5- Figgy: She is really one of the hottest Survivor we've seen lately and she is having fun out there. I wonder if we have to take seriously everyone’s mention that Figgy will be dangerous now that she has been saved. Mari, Michaela, Will and Zeke all warned us that she could gain a lot of momentum. Will even compared her to Parvati. Could she win the million and find a husband? It would make for a funny story.

6- Zeke: He has a very entertaining way of narrating the events around him. His observations are on point and he can see how that affects his position in the game but he was clearly blindsided by the latest vote so now he needs to find some magic to turn the situation around.

I loved how the first episode started with Zeke as the Millennial's outsider while Mari was sooo happy about her tribe. Before the end of that episode Zeke had led the tribe's shelter building effort, made fire and felt great about his first few days while Mari had been relegated to one of the Misfits.

7- Michaela: Her sour disposition is in sharp contrast to the easy-going nature of the Millenials but she adds to the tribe’s charm. After all, Figgy’s narrow escape wouldn’t have been as fun to watch if Michaela hadn’t called her out. Like Zeke, Michaela has a very interesting way of commenting on the events around her. She’s very down to earth, she tells it like it is and she doesn’t seem to worry how she will be perceived. Like Adam said, it isn’t the optimal way to integrate a group but it is fun.

8- Adam: What's the funniest part about Adam's story is that he's done everything right in the first few days: He didn't come blazing out of the gate, he didn’t get into a fight and he sure as hell didn’t get himself into a showmance. He just forgot the most basic rule: You have to get in an alliance! Like Zeke, he'll need a magic trick to survive up to the swap. That or a winning streak.

9- Taylor: His enthusiasm for the game reminds me of those early days when we had people like Greg Buis or Gabe. He won't win but he's enjoying every minute of it and he makes me laugh along the way. And who knows? if he can make it farther than Greg then anything is possible.

10- Paul: Yes, it's generally good to be in control but all too often on Survivor, it simply puts a target on your back. We heard him say that they had to carry every piece of wood they could find so even if we didn't see him hard at work, I'm sure he tried very hard to be the provider. Now that Doctor Joe worked his own kind of magic in bringing him back to life, will Paul find his stride or will he be targeted? He seems safe but there is an idol with his name on it and I'm sure Chris and Bret aren't the type to enjoy being nameless members of someone else's posse.

The Bad

11 - Chris: Like so many lawyers, this guy thinks he's smarter than everyone else and that his way will always work. He thought he had David under control but he was so sure of himself that he let him find an idol.

12- Bret: Considering the present social climate, I wonder if Survivor regrets casting a Police officer that seems to enjoy the strong arm tactics. Immediately Bret drew the line between "us and them" and he has the power so it could get ugly. That's probably why we never heard the target move from David to Cece last week: Showing a white police officer targeting an African American woman for no valid reason wouldn't do. It's probably also why Bret did a dissappearing act this week. I expect more weeks like this until he gets voted out.

13- Will: He got completely turned around by Michelle. He was probably already in with the "cool kids" but his hesitations forced Michelle to turn to Hannah. The result is that now the two couples and Hannah hold the numbers so Will becomes expendable. He had some fun confessionals but he's not making me laugh and he's not really playing the game so here he goes.

14, 15- Sunday and Jessica : There isn't much to say about those two other that they are in of Paul's posse. It's that docility that enables a leader to advance in the game. They should be trying to gather their own numbers but they're already too late. I don't give credit to Jessica for picking up that envelope because that's another stupid twist: She has to sit on it for THIRTY SIX days because if she tells anyone about it then that person will immediately think to vote her out in order to inherit the advantage. Dumb idea...

16- Cece: Why did she think it was a good idea to stick with Rachel? When she saw how the group was acting she should have distanced herself and started looking to connect with someone.

17- Lucy: The bad magician forgets his rabbit at home and when it comes time to pull it out of his hat there is nothing there. So it is with Lucy.

The Ugly

18- David: It’s sad to see that Survivor has sunk to a new low when you realize we are being encouraged to applaud someone for making fire with FLINT!! Yes, we saw that Paul couldn’t do it at first but can this really be considered an accomplishment? Becky and Sundra couldn’t do it to save their lives but every single tribe has managed to make fire once they’ve received flint. Aruba, you shouldn't be impressed with him finding an idol. It only happened because he's more scared than anyone in this group and because idols now grow on trees! Coconut trees that is! When the idols aren’t buried and when no clues are needed to find them then anyone walking by could wind up with one. We've seen David's story before and I'm really tired of it. He reminds me of Chet in Micronesia but at least Chet didn't get as much airtime as this dumbass. Maybe Chet's microphone was defective.

Booted - 2 Mari: The gamer got played. She had a solid first episode so seeing the vote turn against her was a bit surprising (even if I had put 5 points out of 20 on it in my Office Pool) but her post IC confessional told us she was the one going. She wanted a blindside, she got one!

Rachel: The first thing I have to say is that Rachel proactively got herself voted out of the game! Some people think you have to play proactively all the time but this was the perfect example to show that being a bit UTR isn't always bad!

As for your comments, I must say that you disappointed me Aruba... by now you should know that I'm a connaisseur. This is what I wrote when I first saw Rachel's presentation video: I have a game for you: Guess if Rachel had more plastic surgeries BEFORE or AFTER she posed for Playboy. I see a nose job, eye-lid surgery, a tummy tuck, a face lift, lips augmentation and probably two boob jobs. Needless to say; I feel that Rachel comes off fake. Call me Paulie if you want but I'm not trying to win a social game, just bashing these bozos.

(When I say they're real, they're real!)

10-01-16, 07:58 PM (EST)
10. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-16 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

Still digesting your other thread, and this just adds to load. Both posts very thoughtful and full of great observations, but it will have to wait till tomorrow's first cup of coffee for a real response.

For now I only have a few things to say;

1. I love them all. Real, filled, unfilled, tucked (tucked not as much), globes, elf shoes, perky, ginormous, I love them all. Hide the scars and try to not let the nipples look glued on, that's all I ask.

2. Is connaisseur French or French Canadian for connoisseur, or a word play that I'm not getting? Not meant as criticism if it's just a typo, but an honest question.

3. I kinda of agree with both of you that Michelle did well as far as game play, but I think that kind of overt maneuvering, especially at TC, will hurt her game in the end. As you say, UTR isn't a bad strategy, especially early in the game.

10-01-16, 08:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-16 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

>Still digesting your other thread, and
>this just adds to load.
>Both posts very thoughtful and
>full of great observations, but
>it will have to wait
>till tomorrow's first cup of
>coffee for a real response.

Well this is mostly a summation of the "Characters" in my other post. Since it is in Bashers, I add some personnal feelings to it.

>1. I love them all. Real,
>filled, unfilled, tucked (tucked not
>as much), globes, elf shoes,
>perky, ginormous, I love them
>all. Hide the scars and
>try to not let the
>nipples look glued on, that's
>all I ask.

I much prefer the natural ones. So much so that I'm rarely wrong. Did you notice the braless Zakiyah at the end of BB? They certainly looked natural then.

>2. Is connaisseur French or French
>Canadian for connoisseur, or a
>word play that I'm not
>getting? Not meant as criticism
>if it's just a typo,
>but an honest question.

I didn't take it as criticism. Connoisseur is the old French spelling of the word that the English language adopted as is. The Modern French word is spelled connaisseur. It comes from the verb "connaître" meaning to know. Being French, I prefer the French spelling so I put the word in italics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connoisseur

>3. I kinda of agree with
>both of you that Michelle
>did well as far as
>game play, but I think
>that kind of overt maneuvering,
>especially at TC, will hurt
>her game in the end.
>As you say, UTR isn't
>a bad strategy, especially early
>in the game.

Time will tell if it hurts her but I simply loved her intervention. Will and Michaela were wishy-washy so why risk it? Now, with Hannah, the two couples hold the numbers so the gain was well worth the risk.

10-03-16, 07:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My List"
AWWWWW, Michel…you know I Luv Ya Man! I honestly have no idea where you posted your preseason assessment on our blowup doll Rachel. Had I read it I would have certainly given you the benefit of the doubt and there’d be no need for “disappointment.”

Hey, at least we’re in agreement here. It’s pretty easy to see Rachel has spent a fair amount of her real life Gen-X time on the surgical table.

Yes, too bad Mari’s gone. Other than Figgy or Taylor, I agree it would be a bummer to lose anyone from the Millennials tribe. I don’t need a sappy, silly showmance to make my reality season.

The primary reason Ken was not the top “headliner” in Ep. 2 was because Gen-X won the challenge. Had Gen-X lost due to another silly puzzle, the episode would have been the Ken (and Dave) show. With the Millennials on the short end it was more the Michelle & Jay show.

It sure sounded like “puppies and butts” to me, but I don’t go back and replay episodes/scenes, so if you say it was “bugs” I believe you. And Hannah does look like someone who would collect bugs/insects. LOL

Don’t get me wrong, Figgy is kinda cute and all, but... “one of the hottest we’ve seen lately???” Clearly it’s in the eye of the beholder here.

Yes, it is sad when casting has gone to a point where it takes a yoeman’s effort to start fire with flint. Not only Sundra/Becky, but Rodney and Carolyn also struggled mightily for their Survivor lives. At least David made the effort where the others did not. And yes idols were tougher to find in the earlier seasons when this game concept originated. But at least it wasn’t like the Colton travesty. *snort* I give Dave credit for taking the initiative to go out and get it when everyone else (both tribes included) did not.

I'll always believe proactivity can be the result of inspiration or desperation, and I do give more props for inspiration. It’s true David was drive by desperation. Unlike Michelle/Jay who were inspired to control the vote or Ken inspired to be the provider and catch food for Gen-X. Not surprisingly all three of them are ranked higher than David on my list. Actually I would rank Dave’s initiative to form an alliance with Ken even higher than starting fire and finding the idol.

As for Rachel’s boot, I would never regard “proactivity” as barking orders during a challenge right after you personally bailed out and quit that very portion of the competition. Or being a motor mouth at camp. That’s more “annoying” than “proactive”...or in the Survivor dictionary the word for that would be “suicide.”

I won’t be watching Wednesday’s episode. NL Wildcard game Mets vs. Giants. And I’ll be away this weekend. Road trip to Pittsburgh to watch Jets vs. Steelers. So more than likely will resume the list after Ep. 4.

10-03-16, 10:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My List"
First of all, I really envy your sports week. You don't know how much I'd love to still have the Expos in town... And, I've only ever seen one NFL game live. I'd love to be there, sharing a beer and cheering for the Jets...Oh! wait...I have the Steelers in my pool...well it's not as if we've never disagreed before!

I posted my preseason assessment in Spoilers and over at RHAP. You know you could come over to Spoilers to my thread titled The "Characters and their Stories". The only thing I do is speculation, there are no spoilers and the real spoiler threads are clearly identified so you'd just have to avoid those.

Figgy has a tremendous smile which makes her incredibly hot. She's simply more the Julia Roberts than Kate Upton type. Over the last few seasons, I've really liked Anna Khait, Kelly Wentworth, Hali Ford, Jenn Brown, Jaclyn Schultz and Morgan McLeod. Morgan was definitely the hottest but I'd rank Figgy right behind her. But why choose? I'd take both!!

Have a nice trip.

10-04-16, 06:08 AM (EST)
17. "RE: My List"
Your former Montreal Expos are now the Washington Nationals and in the Playoffs. The only way the Mets could face the Nationals would be in the NLCS, but anything's possible.

You're looking pretty good in your pool for this weekend. LOL

Not sure my fingers would allow me to navigate the keyboard/mouse to lurk among the Spoilers, but I'm sure you do a bang-up job with your "Characters and the Stories."

If we went into a bar together, met a Morgan and a Figgy, and you were willing to take Figgy, I think I may even kiss YOU...well not exactly, but you get my drift.

10-04-16, 10:26 PM (EST)
18. "RE: My List"
I don't feel any attachment to the Nationals. I prefer the teams that I liked watching when they came to Montreal, namely the Cards, the Giants and the Dodgers and I've liked the Red Sox since Pedro Martinez went there. How about that for going off topic?!

10-05-16, 05:59 AM (EST)
19. "RE: My List"
The Mets are playing the Giants tonight, so we'll be on opposite sides of the fence. Nothing "off topic" about that.

Other than Figgy and Dave our lists were pretty similar, but there's plenty of season for that to change. HaHa!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •