The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2396 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-23-16, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
The buildup for the entire episode was for the two-second period when Jeff revealed the eighth and final vote. The first seven votes were as predictable as it comes; and the instant Scot’s name was read the fourth time (with only two votes for Aubry) the aftermath was blatantly obvious. Yet overall the best episode of the season thus far.

GOOD

AUBRY – Arguably the best episode any player has had this season. Just her spitting exhibition would put her in my Good category this week, but that only scratches the surface. Her challenge efforts deserved more than two Bridesmaid finishes; although they may pay better dividends for her in the end. Just as Tony in the first BBB appealed to Asian Woo’s cultural values, Aubry took a page from that book and replicated the tactic with Asian Tai urging him to keep true to his character in equally true Survivor masterful fashion. When all is said and done Aubry’s post-merge efforts could be even more impressive than Natalie’s in B vs W II.

TAI – Debbie wants a female winner; Tai has darn near guaranteed it. Tai, Scot, Jason, and Julia could have controlled a path to the F4, and although Tai would have needed to win that Final IC, now he’ll need to win more ICs to take that same seat at FTC. And should he get there, he may have kissed Scot, Jason and Julia’s votes good-bye. Regardless of where he finishes, this season will mostly belong to him. His one salvation is with a F3 the two females he may sit with could split votes.

BAD

JULIA – Here because her position is Bad. I still do not blame her for her F4 strategy with the guys giving her a solid chance to win (short of Tai winning the final IC.) Obviously it will not pan out that way for her. Thanks to Scot’s blunder of walking out with Jason’s idol, she’s got one more TC. When/if Jason is voted out, Julia will be no less off than she would have been if she stuck with the girls, so overall a move worth taking.

JASON – Solid effort in the IC, but in the worst position heading into next week. Any sympathy he may have garnished from the castaways with his autistic daughter was tossed out the window when bypassing a letter from home (that would have undoubtedly focused on her) for an $8.99 TGIF Cheeseburger platter. He’ll need to pull every edit card out of Michel’s deck to garnish any sympathy from the viewers and fans.

PLEASE LET ME COATTAIL TO THE FINALS

MICHELE – Her belly should be listed in the Good category. In back-to-back challenges, she’s chowed down more grub than a Somalian child will see in a lifetime. I guess when you’re pathetically irrelevant in the game you may as well go for the food. Considering the others in this category, she has the best chance being carried to the end.

CYDNEY – There was a short period in this game when I thought her endgame might mirror Natalie’s in B vs W II, but it turned out to be a mirage. The good news is she’s higher on the food chain than Jason and Julia. The bad news is she’ll need a series of weightlifting challenges against the remaining players for the opportunity to get smoked in the Finals.

JOE – His ineptness is all he has in his arsenal for any prayer of advancing to the Finals. But without a Lil this season, even that won’t be enough.

BOOTED

SCOT – Did he really think Tai would give him his idol so on a revote Tai would be sitting where he is now??? Although no one else at TC was able to put the pieces together either, the oversight was more prevalent for Scot because it cost his #1 comrade his idol. Yet the idol should not have been Jason/Scot's to begin with so it evened out in the end I guess.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 My List: michel2 04-24-16 1
   RE: My List: Aruba 04-24-16 2
       RE: My List: michel2 04-24-16 3
           RE: My List: kingfish 04-25-16 4
           RE: My List: Aruba 04-26-16 6
               RE: My List: michel2 04-26-16 8
                   RE: My List: Aruba 04-27-16 10
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-25-16 5
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-26-16 7
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-27-16 9
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-27-16 11
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-28-16 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 1548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-24-16, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "My List:"
The Very Good

1- Aubry: This episode gave us a sublime display of social skills. Aubry told Tai what she wanted but then let him decide what would be good for him. She didn’t impose her views like we’ve so often seen when players propose deals. It’s also quite important to note that Aubry only brought in the strict minimum of allies. She left Michele out of the loop because the Beauty couldn’t be trusted around Julia but also because it was important to let Tai think he had a place in the final four, that he wasn't going to be fifth. If that wasn't enough, everyone told us just how great she is, Jason even going so far as saying she had as much brawn as him. Of course, in his mind he was buttering up the next jury member but you could tell there was respect in his voice. All those praise usually go to the eventual winner or to a fallen comrade. I sure hope her infection is under control because I'd hate to see her pulled from the game.

The Good

1- Tai: He told us that he wasn’t there to make good friends but to win the million dollars and he sure made a big move. Will it get him that check though? At least we know that the two guys were planning on blindsiding him at one point so he read them right when he mentioned that he had no say in that alliance but it's hard to say goodbye to a good goat. On the other hand, a charismatic guy like Tai is better off hunting goats than hearding them. That's what Cirie did in Panama and what many have forgotten to do since.

2- Mark: That hen really knows how to outlast. It was supposed to be booted right after its two friends but it's lasted much longer, even outwitting the Brawn men in the process! Its problem is to find a way to provide food for the tribe without losing its skin along the way. Maybe it can attract another animal in camp and serve it up to our famished group. It would be its winning strategy.

3- Julia: Our little college student had quite a good plan going there. Her only problem is that she was unaware of the super idol's property. Had she known that the guys were planning on using BOTH idols at once, she wouldn't have been so bold as to tell them her plan and it could have worked perfectly. Would Tai have believed Aubry if Jason and Scot hadn't told him that he was indeed receiving votes? In my book, that makes Julia a good player who simply had bad luck because of the game's hidden rules. Yes, her position is bad but she had a good game going.

4- Michele: She is looking more and more like Parvati which is certainly a good thing even if I'm referring to her appearance, not her game. There, she has shown even less than the lucky winner of Micronesia. Luck could also smile on Michele but she would be even less deserving.

The Bad

1- Jason: From day one, his game has been to create divisions. It was always Us versus Them which is the worst way to play this social game. You have to be with everyone if you want to avoid them turning on you. He thought he had it made but he never realized that Tai was unhappy. His train came to an abrupt stop.

The Boring

1- Joe: Yes there is a Joe in Cambodia but it's laughable to read a parallel between him and Sandra as Aruba smugly tried to slip in the discussion. First of all, Lil knew she was going to lose to either Fairplay or Sandra so she wasn't making a mistake. No, instead she usurped the jury's role, making the final decision for them. Secondly, and more importantly, Sandra was a master strategist something that Joe can't rival even despite all his FBI training. Sandra was so good that she blindsided the same guy TWICE! Now that's rare and only Boston Rob managed to repeat that with Matt in Redemption Island.

2- Cydney: It isn't really fair to put her here with Joe as she's certainly more entertaining than the old guy but we didn't see much of her...I mean much of her actions because that bikini sure shows a lot of her. So wait, why did I put her in the boring category again?

Booted - Scot: What a satisfying conclusion to the big guys' story. Of course Tai wasn't going to give him his idol but it was fun to see the scales falling out of his eyes when he slowly realized that Tai wasn't just making him wait.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-24-16, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My List:"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-16 AT 07:20 PM (EST)

The ranking order of your list is dead on, so not a whole lot I can disagree with there.

As hard as I try I cannot see even a remote resemblance between Michele and Perv-ati.

I’m thinking someone would have to be near death to get medivaced at this stage of the game. If we have another farce like we did with Neal at around Day 30 it would be a travesty. I’ll say this—should Aubry get pulled and they gang up to vote out Tai, I will honestly pack it in and stop watching for this season.

I was not intending to make a direct parallel between Joe and Sandra. Many, many more than Joe and Sandra advanced to the end of the game because they were appropriately perceived as non-threats and inept in challenges. Sad, but true. I focused on Lil because hers was a million dollar blunder. The Reunion Show straw poll suggested Lil would have beaten Fairplay and I agree. She would have won purely out of default because Fairplay was a disgusting slob. Having a majority Anti-Darwining a threat is hardly “master strategy.” LMAO. That’s the easiest play in the game.

What I meant to imply is the only reason Joe will advance is because he’s pathetically inept. All I’m saying is this season I don’t see a goat like Lil handing him a million. Should he get carried to FTC, there’s a remote chance Joe could get the win out of default from a disgruntled bitter Jury as was the case in Hantz’s first two seasons, but I don’t get that sense with this season’s castaways.

Mark serves as a pristine example of how an inept and/or at risk participant can advance if carried by the right player...the right player in this case is, of course, Tai. SCORES of players have been "Mark" in the history of this game.

04-24-16, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My List:"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-16 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

I thought having both Julia and Michele in the good category would get you in a more combative mood.

Reunion polls mean absolutely nothing because the players have seen the season by then. Lil herself told me directly that she knew she was going to lose and that while they were still in Pearl island, the jury let her know it wouldn't have mattered because they all hated her. See, I communicated with her by email for a little while after I wrote something she liked.

As for Sandra blindsiding Burton it wasn't as easy as you think it was. The first time, Burton was so confident that he threw the challenge and then Rupert was sent over to Morgan so Sandra lost a vote. The second time, Burton was an outcast and a great goat to take to the end. Sandra also orchestrated votes that got rid of Trish, Tijuana and Darrah.

As for a resemblance with Parvati, here's something to help:

OK, they are not twins but it would still make for a nice fantasy!!

kingfish 18995 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-16, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My List:"
It would indeed. (Aw come on, you should have known I'd focus on that).

Would have to add a little soap, though, I believe Michele's bottom was originally yellow.

04-26-16, 06:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My List:"
Nothing to be combative about with your placement of Michele. You explained the appearance factor for your ranking of her. Wearing the same colors and the identical hair placements in your pics bears a much stronger resemblance. I don’t know how to include pics in my post because if I did I came up with a Perv and a Michele pic that look like they came from different Universes.

Actually it’s probably better I can’t post them because it might ensue needless post exchanges where both of us could easily find pics to support our cases. Even so, I’m still not the least bit attracted to Michele…and have even less appeal for a skanky Ho.

I lost count how many times you threw a postgame interview after the season has played out my way in an attempt to try support your cause or your favorite castaway. Now (not surprisingly) it means “absolutely nothing.” Like DUHHHH, what would you expect Lil to say??? Of course she’ll say she knew she would lose either way instead of admitting she made a million dollar mistake. If I was her, I’d hire a hypnotist to permanently make me believe I had no chance to win so it wouldn’t haunt me for the rest of my life.

Whereas Ruppert was the darling of that season and was able to hold his own in the challenges, Burton was appropriately perceived as the physical threat on Pearl Islands. Consequently his eliminations were no-brainers as were the other systematic boots culminating in the worse F4 ever, i.e. Lil, Sandra, Fairplay, and Darrah…YIKES!!!

04-26-16, 10:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My List:"
Here's a quick lesson for posting pics:

First, the image you want to post has to be saved on your computer and must be less than 76kb.

When you have it, create a post and look above your box. You'll see either 3 or four lines of instructions:

HTML Tags Enabled - use instead of <>...
Image Links Enabled...
File Upload Enabled Click here to upload your file
Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts

It's the third line you want but it may not show up immediately. To get it, click the "Preview" button next to the "Post Message" button below. You post will appear for review even if there's nothing in it but you'll also see the line you want.

If you "click here to upload your file" you'll see this window pop up:

Highlight the "jpeg" button then "browse" will enable you to look at all your saved files. Click to open the desired image then go to the "Upload File" button. A new screen will pop up with a "http URL". Copy/paste that URL into position and there you go. If now you preview once more or if you post then your image will be there.

Hint: After you copy the URL for your image, close the box before you paste or else you won't be able to reopen it to post another. That pesky box will be hidden behind your window. You could always minimize it and then close the box but it's easier to do it first.

Now, for your post, it's funny but when asked to name their favorite season ever, Pearl Islands always finds itself near the top for a vast majority of posters so that F4 was liked by many.

I read post game interviews but I always take them with a grain of salt and only rely on those that aren't blatantly self-serving. After seeing the season, the jurors were very angry with Fairplay but on the island they detested Lil and wouldn't have given the money to an Outcast. It's funny that you're always talking about a bitter jury but that you don't see one when it stares you in the face!

04-27-16, 07:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: My List:"
Thanks for the tutorial. It may come in handy someday.

I agree, many times a former castaway’s postgame interview/comments can be a meager attempt at self-preservation. Yet saying who you would vote for in a different case scenario would be less a case of self-serving than Lil trying to convince us she would have lost either way to cover up her million dollar gift to Sandra.

Unlike Hantz where a majority of his despicable actions were not directly known by the other players during the game, Fairplay was far more blatant. Other than the “Dead Grandma” scam, the Pearl Island players were privy to his disgusting behavior BEFORE FTC. Actually on the Reunion Show the consensus credited that lie as savvy game play giving even more credence to the straw poll.

Pearl Islands gave us a common man hero and a quintessential villain in the SAME season contributing to its popularity...it certainly did not come from that F4. LOL! Lil did not lose by a bitter jury. Lil displayed no game play to make any juror jealous. Any potential FTC pair coming from that dreadful F4 was a case of awarding the win to the player they disliked the least. With a Fairplay vs. Lil, a majority of the voters would have disliked Fairplay more, thus Lil would have “won” by default.

04-25-16, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-16 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

Great

Aubry. What an underdog story, and now she seems to steering the boat. I think the Editors and Producers are loving this. She has received a few votes, and had a number of setbacks, but desperate times seems to sharpen her wits and she recovers each time and is now in a dominating position. She may also become a jury favorite. Little did we think that this pasty, slightly chubby, anxiety attack prone, woman would become what she has become. And this week she showed her challenge potential, especially in endurance challenges. And she's lost her chub.

She should be a target but her alliance won't start consuming their own for one week (next up should be Julia), or two weeks (then should come Michele), or three weeks if Joe is expendable by then. And by then it may be too late.

Tai. Still in a great position, and with the best social game around. He adroitly, courageously, and dramatically maneuvered out of an alliance with the Wankers. And though he is mentioned when the conversation comes around (usually by Julia) as to who should go, he doesn't seem to be a serious consideration, and with his advantage and HI, he is in really great shape.

As with Aubry, his targeting potential should be way up there, but also as with Aubry, he could hang on until it's too late.

He is just such an honest and nice person, and maybe a nice guy will finish first?

However I can't see both him and Aubry making F3, that would be real bad planning by either, and it's evident so far that these two are smarter than that. My guess is that one of these two will be the last to go after the final IC.

Jason. The last Goat left. Maybe Joe could be a Goat too, but it should be clear to the more smarter-er people that Jason would be the best goat to sit next to at F2/F3. I'm putting him in this category because he should make it to the final TC, but then he has very little chance to win. He'd get Scot's vote, and maybe one or two other disgruntled voters might go his way, but he has no change to win.

And it seems from the promos that he is working to make sure that he gets just the one vote.

Not quite bad yet, but the writing is on the wall.

Joe. After Michele is gone, and they have no more potential non-goat traitors to dispense with, it might be Joe's turn. Or he could be the F3 Third, if there is an F3, which, if he isn't medi-vac'ed, there may be.

In a perfect F3 world, either Tai or Aubry would wish to be sit next to Joe and Jason, I would think.

Cydney. You better win some IC's girl, or begin to form a new strategy. The excess baggage cutting will mean that your turn will come just before Joe's. But if Joe gets Medivac'd, Cydney could be the Third if there's an F3.

Bad.
Julia. If they have any thinking brain cells left, and it should be clear by now that both Tai and especially Aubry do, Julia will be next. She bet on the wrong horse, and she'll go off to Wanker heaven, the Ponderosa.

Michele. After Julia leaves, and Aubry decides that Jason will be her Goat, that leaves Michele as the next to go. She has been seen as Julia's ally/friend, and the distrust that that association engenders will doom her.

Gone Goon

Scot He is claiming in post boot interviews that he and Jason weren't bullies, using his creative version of 'Bully'. When you can redefine terms to suit you, why not do what Hantz did, and claim you actually won your seasons of Survivor? Or even better, why not run for president, that's gotten Trump a lot of votes.

Poor Alecia, if only she'd only been an NBA player she would have worthy of being a human being in Scot's eyes.

And then there's Mark. Cluck Cluck!

He'd better stick close to Tai's Ankles. And he'd better not go after Tai's pecker again, or there might be a chicken dinner.

I don't think so though. In spite of Julia's and maybe Jason's deadly intentions, I think Mark will survive and make it to the Reunion. That may be more hope than anything else, but that is my hope. If she does, she'll have her pick of the rooster beaus.

04-26-16, 06:38 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
All this Medivac talk from both of you? I’m thinking the antibiotics they’ve administered are doing the trick. Whereas the wrap around Aubry’s thigh is noticeable, it was the SAME leg she used to hang tough in the RC. Now’s not the time for Production to be gun-shy. Someone better be near death to be pulled.

I wish I could share your optimism that Tai is in “great position.” He should be fine as long as Jason and Julia are around but when he’s left with the girls and Bitch-Joe, I see trouble for him. Sure he’s got an idol to play (I’m not counting on that silly advantage amounting to anything,) but I’m seeing him needing to win at least two, maybe three, ICs. His challenge performances thus far has shown it could be possible that an abbreviated Mike end game could result in a similar satisfying and deserving title for him. That result would be great, but hard for me to think his position after Ep. 10 is great.

You bet Mark will stick close to Tai. She'll take the same approach countless others took getting carried to the end. I have been thinking the same thing about Mark making an appearance at the Reunion Show. LOL That might be even more climatic than waiting to see if Anna will wear a revealing outfit that evening. OK, maybe I’m getting delirious...guess I should cut this thread short and focus on tomorrow’s episode.

04-27-16, 09:23 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-16 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

I thought the common wisdom was that there would be three medivac's this season?

My candidate for the third would be Joe, because I agree, Aubry's infection seems to be under control.

As for Tai, there are only 4 TCs to go. If Julia or Michele go tonite as predicted (by me), there will be 3. He has his HI which will still be good next week, so 2. His odds are pretty good, considering that the last IC will probably be an endurance challenge, even against Aubry and maybe Cyd.

So while he should be evicted whenever he is vulnerable, still, they have a limited and quickly closing window in which to get him. And his superficial (and kinda real, IYAM) honesty and likability might cause the others to blink and let him get the million.

He or Aubry, whoever survives for the final TC, are the obvious (again, to me) choices for OAL winner. If they are both at the final, I think he still wins on a close vote.

04-27-16, 07:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
I guess I need to "apologize" for lacking "common wisdom." HaHa

If there is a third medivac then your deduction is correct that Tai would need to win only one more IC. Without a medivac you can understand why I felt he would need to win more ICs than if he stuck with Jason/Scot/Julia. In any event I do not believe this "common wisdom" was shared by Tai while he played the game which is why a questioned his move.

I believe a majority of the Jury will probably vote in the true spirit of the game, but I am thinking he may have lost Jason/Scot/Julia's votes...unless he can wedge himself between Joe and Cydney at FTC.

OK, over and out. I'll catch up with both of you on an Ep. 11 thread.

04-28-16, 09:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.10"
You don't need to apologize for lacking common wisdom. Indeed, if you apply to be on the show, you should list that as an asset.

More seriously, my reference to "the common wisdom" should have been to "an open secret" instead. But with the dwindling number of castaways, and the limited number of episodes remaining, I am beginning to wonder if the "Open Secret" was just a false rumor.

I think you’ve said you don’t read the spoiler thread posts, and that’s where this particular “open Secret” came to me from. Reportedly, Mark Burnett made that announcement before the season began. Since he openly announced it, it really isn't a secret or a spoiler. Maybe it's just EPMB BS.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8543.shtml#1

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •