The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-03-16, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
With TWO male castaways now medivaced, for all intents and purposes we can look back on this season as nine women vs. seven men. That fact and with Debbie continuing to reel in all the girls, if a woman does NOT win this season, EPMB will need to scrape the bottom of a different barrel to cast future female players.

GOOD

NICK – Clearly Neal’s medivac was the story of the episode, but from an individual player standpoint, Nick owned this episode hands down. Do we even consider last week’s discussion of how Production purposely formats ICs as “insurance policies” for particular players or types of players in the game??? If there ever was a challenge Nick had no business even contending, never mind WINNING it was this first individual IC. We know Nick’s an uberfan so naturally he’ll talk a great game...but I still feel he’s as dumb as a pile of rocks so have little faith he’ll PLAY a good game. I doubt none of that will really matter though because he’s an easy call to fall victim of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome.

TAI – To hear Debbie smugly announce she now has Tai as her latest peon in the Universe for which she is Master followed by a Tai confessional informing us it ain’t happening has Tai leapfrogging Debbie in the “Good” category. The medical evaluation of Tai was the most encouraging of everyone given an examination. He is all that stands in the way of a female winner this season.

>>>>>>>>>Any Player born with a vagina:

DEBBIE – Pretty sure this includes Debbie. Slips from the top of the “Good” for overdoing her “offensive” gameplay immediately after the merge. But still qualifies as good. She should still be successful surrounding herself with enough vaginas to take her to the endgame. As I said last week, she probably does not win herself but will ultimate carry the one who does.

If Debbie or Tai does not take the title, Sole Survivor has now been giftwrapped to one of these women following Neal’s unfortunate departure from the game.

CYDNEY – No disrespect to Tai...checking out the bulge in a man’s pants DEFINITELY classifies Cydney with the vaginas. Unlike the others, she’s the only female who has seen a HII so that could give her an immediate advantage. Many times previews are misdirections, but the spat between Cydney and Jason could result in ratting out Jason’s idol...a tactic she has shown she’ll be able to perform with much comfort level.

MICHELE – No way this coattail rider was going to come close to following up her episode from the previous week. But she has a vagina.

JULIA – If I use the Michel criteria for categorizing players she was Boring this episode. But she has a vagina. So using the Kingfish criteria (position in the game) I’ll place her here.

AUBRY – She has a vagina too. But as for an assessment, she gets a category all to herself this week.

BAD

With one gender dominating the “good” category this week, by attrition this category was destined to be a “sausage” factory.

SCOT – He is overconfident to the point of self-destructing. Should a strong guy be targeted at next TC will he be able to somehow combine his knowledge of the HIIs to a Super Idol and take out one of the lame women instead? IMO he could bet his NBA Championship ring that won’t happen.

JASON – His only real moment this episode was his “geek in the locker” confessional. In my four years of High School the only time I served detention was for kicking a jock’s ass for trying to do exactly what Jason gleefully described. So putting Jason here was a no-brainer for me.

JOE – Even if Joe noticed the bulge in Neal’s pants he’d STILL probably think no idols were in play this season.

Rabbit’s Foot, Horseshoe, and 4-Leaf Clover all rolled up in ONE!

AUBRY – As if she didn’t catch enough of a break when the merge saved her from the next Chan Loh boot, from a Survivor perspective, Neal’s medivac puts her in the same immortality category as cockroaches and Keith Richards. She has the audacity to refer to him as a SOB for not GIVING her his HII. Yet if Neal handed his idol over to her and the others felt certain she had it, she’d probably refer to him as the same SOB for Neal putting a target on her. Well here’s a concept—maybe, perhaps if you kicked your high anxiety ass up an extra gear you could have gone out to search and found the idol ON YOUR OWN. WHOAAAAA...Imagine that!!

MEDIVAC) NEAL – MONSTER game changer on so many levels. Whereas he believed to have “made his own luck,” there’s no way he “made” his own BAD luck. On the same token, those who benefitted most by his medivac did not “make” their own luck either. Hey, the past few Survivor seasons I watched, the ultimate winner earned the victory by playing more proactively and searching/playing harder than the other castaways. Yet every so often a season comes along when the Sole Survivor is handed/gifted a victory. BBB II may be shaping up to that “every so often.”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-04-16 1
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-04-16 4
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-04-16 7
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-04-16 9
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 04-05-16 13
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-05-16 14
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 04-05-16 15
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... Aruba 04-06-16 17
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 04-04-16 10
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... kingfish 04-05-16 12
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, T... michel2 04-05-16 16
 My List michel2 04-04-16 2
   RE: My List Aruba 04-04-16 5
       RE: My List michel2 04-04-16 8
           RE: My List Aruba 04-04-16 11
 Nice job Aruba, Kingfish & Michel suzzee 04-04-16 3
   RE: Nice job Aruba, Kingfish & Mich... Aruba 04-04-16 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18922 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-16, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
We are past the merge, and we've had two evacs with more possibly on the horizon, no quitters, and still a couple of crazies wandering around the campsite. As a result, the Good category has dwindled to one.

Good
Tai. I can't say he'll win, because, whether Michel can see it or not, I put him here and in the Bad category because it depends on how you look at his game. The same traits for which I put him here are the same traits that land him in the Bad category. They seem to make him a good candidate for winning as well as a logical candidate for losing. But this week, 'Good Tai' outweighs 'Bad Tai".

He continues to be well liked, adept at social interaction, reasonably bright, non-threatening athletically, and he has an HI. And he sees thru (as do they all, except maybe Joe, Mr. Sleuth FBI guy). So, he's Good.

Adding to the above is the fact that the editors are showing him in a favorable light, which would indicate that they want us to think he will get to the end. Good for him. Logically he should never make F3, but editorially he seems destined for F3, and since the editors already know how it turns out, that portends favorably for him.

Boring
Joe. I'm putting him here this week, he is being used as a voting pawn. A curmudgeon of a pawn, but not a targeted one. And he could be a decent goat this season. So he's 'Boring Joe', but he should last a while.

Michele. Smart enough to jump where ever safety lies. She blends.

Julia Not much game. Just awaiting her turn to walk the plank. Sweet, sunny dispositioned girl, if she manages to jump to safety each week she will last a while. But not really goat material even though she doesn't have much material for a final speech. So sooner or later she will be camping at the Ponderosa.

Aubry. Could have put made her 'Bad Aubry', but her luck at surviving another week, and what seem to be portents that she may survive yet another week prompts me to elevate her to 'Boring Aubry'.

Scot. Logically they will be booting a challenge threat next. Scot, Jason, or Nick. Scot has Jason and Tai as allies, and Jason has Scot which presumably also gives him Tai. Joe may also be in the mix. So that's probably good for Scot, but because I can't bring myself to call him 'Good Scot', he's Boring Scot'.

Jason. Same reasoning as for Scot. And because of who they are.

Cydney. She's 'Boring Cydney' because she's boring. Editors are apparently saving her for a surprise (but boring) backdoor eviction. Alternately, she could be the UTR that makes it to F3, but that seems pretty far fetched right now.

Bad
Tai. He is well liked, adept at social interaction, reasonably bright, non-athletic seeming, and he has an HI. So he's bad, because these are all reasons why he should be targeted ASAP. But they won't, I suspect, because tribal tensions are such that everyone seems to have other fish to fry.

Debbie. Tribe mates are starting to talk about her in a negative way. Her social interactions are starting to grate, and Brains could be in a minority if the remaining beauties team with the Brawns in the ever shifting world of loyalty commitments.

Nick. Logically, he should be next to go. Also he's a self-deluded prick. 'Bad Nick'.

Booted
Neal. Actually, Med-evaced. Too bad for him, he had a decent chance to make it to the end. He just shouldn't have let those little bacteria in.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-04-16, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
They will be administering antibiotics to the rest of the infected, so hopefully no more medivacs on the horizon.

Logically and realistically Nick should be the next to go.

Hard to believe anyone would categorize Aubry as “Boring?” In my assessments I stated the episode belonged to Nick because of what he accomplished individually, but as far as being featured overall, Aubry was right up there with him. Granted her focus was driven by situations/circumstances, i.e. merge and medivac for which she had ZERO control, but hardly boring.

I agree that Neal had a decent chance to make it to the end...probably more than a decent chance. And if he did we’d most likely be looking at the winner.

04-04-16, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-16 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Aubry: I couldn't bring myself to put her in the 'Good' category, she was toast except for something happening that was totally not of her own doing, and she did nothing effective to save herself. In addition she whined about her fate and blamed Neal for not giving her his HI, as if it was his job to help her win. It isn't, that's her job, and she was failing.

I think I could have easily put her in the 'Bad' category, now that I consider it. But it does seem that she may be in better shape now with the dynamics of the tribe shifting as they have, and the target possibly changing from her to someone else, due to nothing that she did. So instead of inventing a fourth category (just lazy, I guess), I'll stick her in the 'Boring'.

In fact, I'll quote from Michel's 'Good' assessment to demonstrate why she may actually deserve to be a 'Bad'.

"It now seems that Aubry cannot possibly make it to the end of the game and that is precisely why she should make it there! So much was made of Aubry being in grave danger that it has to be misdirection. I think she will pave her own way to the end."

Except for Michel's counter-intuitive guess using his crystal ball, that is actually a negative assessment.

04-04-16, 10:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
I could see one giving Aubry a negative assessment for all the reasons you mentioned...Michel’s quote notwithstanding.

Understand, castaways like Aubry are players who Michel covet. I can’t help but think the last part of his quote is setting us up for a patented twist where he’ll spin happenings totally not of her own doing you so appropriately stated as “paving her own way to the end.”

michel2 1495 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-05-16, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
Yes, smart and quirky are the most interesting characters.

04-05-16, 10:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
As far as "characters" are concerned, no one can hold a candle to Debbie this season.

Even Jason, Tai, and Scot all have Aubry eating their dust in the character department.

04-05-16, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
Didn't you see that I used the word "smart"? For me, they are all characters in a play and it isn't the loudest or the screen grabber that I appreciate the most.

04-06-16, 07:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
Ok, I understand. You interpret "character" like a role in the play.

When I say someone is a real "character" on the show, I mean someone who is wacky and distinctive.

Using your definition of character, a castaway like Aubry is a dime a dozen. Yet in THIS season because of her gender and the fine fortune that simply came her way that "dime" could yield some decent return for this "every so often" season.

04-04-16, 10:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
No crystal ball needed and not a negative comment either. It's just that I have a long enough experience of the show's editing to know that when we hear spomeone is in danger it's only misdirection. We simply can't know for sure what would have happened at TC.

04-05-16, 08:39 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-16 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

The lead-in to your comment;

"It now seems that Aubry cannot possibly make it to the end of the game..."

Strikes me as one that could very easily put Aubry into the 'Bad' category based on that.

I will admit that your editing Survivor editing experience is better than the metaphoric Crystal Ball. Since Veruca left you and Flo have taken the lead there, and I wouldn't say that the prediction from the entire quote is unlikely.

I'm just saying that that quote, even with the understanding that you qualify it with a crystal ball guess (by a seasoned guesser, yourself) could be used to assess her as 'Bad Aubry".

Personally, I'm on the fence about her prospects. I see and I think I understand your reasoning, but her future is obviously in doubt right now with forces in the island that would still be targeting her. So I drop her in the slot between 'Good' and Bad', and hope for the best, it would be kinda fun to see the woman that had panic attacks on the first day come thru the most demanding season yet and win.

04-05-16, 11:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc., etc. Ep.7"
Aubry is in a bad position for reasons that are largely out of her control. In fact, she helped the Brains tribe win a few challenges so she should be in a better position.

If that wasn't enough, it's not her fault that Liz and Peter were that dumb. If they had been less domineering then Aubry would have been able to work with them. They would have voted out Joe or Debbie at their only pre-swap TC and then would have booted another Beauty at the second TC after the swap. Neal's medevac wasn't her fault either. There could easily be 5 Brains in the game right now and the HII could be in the hands of Aubry's best ally.

I prefer to call someone bad for something they did, not for something that was forced on them. It's those unlucky breaks that have placed her in apparent distress.

04-04-16, 11:23 AM (EST)
2. "My List"
This episode reminded me of the merge episode in San Juan del Sur where Julie’s decision to quit was used to confuse the issue so I took a look back at that episode. Before Jeff told the group that Julie had quit Jeremy and Josh were both trying to get Jon and Jaclyn to vote with their alliance just like Brawn and Beauty competed for Nick and Michele. Josh’s side appeared to have won the battle because Jon said he wanted to go with the couples’ train and Jaclyn agreed. In the end Josh said that Jeremy was on borrowed time. Here, it was Nick who said something similar about Aubry. That episode was like an hour preview for the following week where everything we had seen was used as misdirection for the next vote.

On another train of thoughts, a cynic would certainly realize the great timing of Neal’s medical evacuation. There was the danger that Scot or Jason could get eliminated by an idol bounce if Neal had the audacity to give his idol to Aubry but more importantly a new idol will now have to be put in play on a beach where there are already two. That idol twist required the removal of one player with an idol so the timing of Neal’s evacuation is troubling. I don’t doubt the doctor’s integrity, just that he may have been more cautious than what was normally required.

So Bad that he is Great!

Nick: It took a while but my friend Nick,s story is finally being shown and he is as advertized. He says he doesn't like Scot’s and Jason’s over confidence, they think they will screw everybody else, this is their game. It annoys him, but think it's a great thing for him because they are never going to expect a blindside on them, they’re never going to see it coming. All that also applies to him!

So Good she is misunderstood

Debbie: What a wonderfully weird episode for the season’s self-proclaimed mastermind. Her offensive game play irritated everyone including two of her closest allies. Even Tai, the guy who loves everything and everyone, didn’t like her approach. If Tai gets his way then Debbie is in trouble. His subsequent interview revealed an interesting comment however: Tai said that Debbie’s approach was “pretty impressive”. He didn’t believe her but he was still impressed. Even Nick, despite saying she was off her rocker, admitted that Debbie was a threat to his own power in the game. Others are certainly dismissing her but I think she will turn things around.

The Good

Aubry: This episode was really difficult for Aubry. Her roller coaster ride went downhill right at the start when her actions at the previous Tribal Council opened a gigantic hole under her feet. The merge offered her a reprieve and, despite the twists and turns that Debbie imposed to the Brains’ train, Aubry resurfaced and even reached a nice plateau when Nick said he’d like to work with her and that Neal could play his idol to save her. That was only to set the stage for the next big downhill when the doctor removed her sane ally from the game.

It now seems that Aubry cannot possibly make it to the end of the game and that is precisely why she should make it there! So much was made of Aubry being in grave danger that it has to be misdirection. I think she will pave her own way to the end.

Michele: Like Nick, she was in high demand in this episode but she didn’t show the same arrogance. Michele’s impressive showing in the last two episodes does make her an appealing candidate and her relaxed approach to playing the game is constantly compared to Debbie’s. The reason for that contrast could be to explain why Michele gets the most votes in the end but it seems that she is too indecisive. By staying between two groups for so long, she may create bitterness in the side she abandons. It will be interesting to see if she chooses the same side as Nick or if she rebels against him.

The Bad

Jason: He talks with his mouth full, he orders people around, he drinks too much. This classless bully thinks he has it made and he certainly could coast all the way to the end if he is gifted a second idol but that would make for a horrible story.

Scot: After hearing the NBA’s comments about Jason using the idol for him, it would be quite fitting to see Jason save himself but to see Scot’s torch get snuffed as a result of the vote being split between the two. He gave away too much information to Nick so that could be the way a split vote plan is set up to target them both.

The Amusing

Tai and the chicken allegory: We saw that Tai tied his leg to the chicken's and his story is tied to the chicken allegory. In episode one, the chicken went loose and the tribe expended a lot of energy retreiving them. Two members of the Beauty tribe were in fact eliminated from the game for using too much energy: Caleb spent too much physical energy while Anna was voted out for using too much mental energy in strategizing. Now, like Nick said about recovering 66% of their chickens, 2/3 of the Beauties made it to the merger. But those chicken will soon all get eaten so how long can the Beauties last? Tai will get swallowed up.

The Boring

Joe, Julia and Cydney: We got nothing from them.

Booted - Neal: What we didn't see is that he gave his coat to Aubry as seen in the CBS post show press images. How will that affect the vote if the others think she has his idol?

04-04-16, 08:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: My List"
Interesting analogy to the post-merge at SJDS where they did not have an initial TC due to Julie quitting. But I honestly believe that’s where the similarity ends. In SJDS it foreshadowed the end of Jeremy; but Aubry’s not going anywhere for obvious reason.

Debbie’s irritation factor may have solidified a seat for her at FTC as everyone’s perfect goat.

Not only Michele but most EVERYONE (especially the females) will “rebel” against Nick. It will be more obvious than “interesting.” He was already a physical threat, but winning the IC very few gave him a shot is the gravy on the mashed potatoes for the women giving them a likely 5-4 advantage after Wednesday.

Whereas you editorialized it "seems that Aubry cannot possibly make it to the end of the game," I think Aubry has all the makings right now to make it to the end WITHOUT having to "pave her own way." I believed all along that she would get more mileage from Debbie than from Neal. I strongly doubt Neal would have given Aubry the idol had they went to tribal last week. And what you state about Neal giving Aubry his jacket was super slick on Neal’s part and all the better for Aubry.

Had the others seen a hand-to-hand exchange (even if the idol was wrapped) it would have been a death knell for Aubry. But now the “thought” she “might” have an idol with the coat exchange could be mighty powerful for her going forward.

The one item I purposely left out of my assessment was what you accurately said about Scot giving too much information to Nick. The reason I left it out was because I wasn’t sure if it was Scot being an idiot or Nick's savvy gameplay to extract that information. I’m leaning more toward the former.

04-04-16, 10:04 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My List"
Don't forget that Jeremy didn't follow Julie out of the game. The episode m,ade it look like he would have gone home at the merger but then Josh left before him. Jon and Jaclyn flipped-flopped.

Nick is a smart player but even he couldn't believe Scot was giving him all that information. He even caled him a sweetheart for it. Why even doubt it?

04-04-16, 10:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List"
I didn't say Jeremy followed Julie out of the game, but it definitely foreshadowed his fate in the foreseeable future. I feel Jeremy probably would have been voted out at TC if not for Julie quitting.

Whereas I acknowledge the similarity of Aubry's game ending had Neal not been removed, several factors suggest an opposite fate for her thanks to happenings she had NO control over.

suzzee 5936 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-16, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Nice job Aruba, Kingfish & Michel"
I got nothing to contribute but thanks for the thoughts and effort that went into the assessments. This is an odd season.

04-04-16, 08:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Nice job Aruba, Kingfish & Michel"
Awww, sorry to hear you have nothing to contribute. But appreciate your thoughts and acknowledgement to our assessments.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •