Missing last week, a portion of my ranking includes Ep. 6 but a majority is based on Wednesday night. It cannot be overemphasized, based on the luck of the draw tribal switch, we will be watching the "season of the couples."
1) KEITH - Had every reason to be PO'd. But it was smart of him to blow off steam during his confessionals and return to camp with a cooler head. Cool enough to step up and win the season's first individual immunity. Well done! He's part of a couple, won the IN, and has a HII in his boot. He should stick around for a while. Possibly serving as a "daddy" role among couples certainly won't hurt his cause either.
2) JON - Although Keith is an appropriate #1 following Ep. 7, I still see Jon as a favorite to go all the way. First and foremost, he's part of a couple. And the lovebirds continue to take advantage of the swing vote positions they find themselves in. It's somewhat bizarre the challenge threat label seems to hang on Jeremy because it's Jon I see as the player who could make a run in the challenges.
3) BAYLOR - Hey mom...there's a reason your daughter sometimes acts 30 and other times acts 10. AHHH, Hello; she goes up and own the age meter knowing which ones push mommie's buttons. It's blatantly obvious she does it in real life so it should be no surprise she will continue to do so with her gameplay. Whereas it may be a successful approach for advancement in this season of the couples, I have my doubts it will equate to winning the game.
4) JEREMY - Like Keith, he uses the confessionals to blow off steam. Who cares if he acts self-righteous or obnoxious during private interviews. Part of me thinks he may be grandstanding for the viewing audience anyway. When he returns to the game he plays hard. It's somewhat comical he thought no TC saved Josh instead of him. But as one of the three remaining singles he will soon realize who's most at risk.
5) NATALIE - Smart to go off with Baylor to EI on Ep. 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see her as the last single standing. But thanks to the tribal switch that will only get her a seat on the jury.
6) JOSH - I respect his willingness to play the game hard, but last episode was a case of playing too hard too soon. Of course Jeremy was scrambling; as a single he needed to. Just sit tight and let the singles get picked off. When you're down to couples...then you can start to sweat.
7) JACLYN - Stick with your BF and you'll advance this season. As for winning...stick to Beauty Pageants.
8) WES - Nice showing in the IC, but his role in San Juan del Sur is as Keith's son. The drawback of father/son being the last two standing is they could be setting themselves up as Anti-Darwin Syndrome victims.
9) MISSY - I will continue to debate against being a normal mom to a 20-year old is proactive savvy gameplay. Actually she had two proactive moments where I could have warmed up to Missy as a solid player (which would have undoubtedly given Michel a warm & fuzzy feeling.) First, her attempt to smooth things over with Keith after TC. How did that go? HMMM, well in the next scene watching Keith spit on the ground when mentioning Missy's name might be a "minor" indication. LOL Second was her attempt to keep Julie in the game. And how did that go? Jeff informed everyone there'd be no TC because Julie quit. Two unsuccessful attempts; but hey, at least that's a better track record than her marital experiences. Like Keith, could get the same mileage as the "mommy" role among couples moving forward.
10) REED - I'm not sure if it was Reed who initiated the barter for rice or was the spokesperson for a unanimous tribal decision. In any event, how ridiculously stupid to give up most everything for a bag of rice on Day 16 when a merge was forthcoming. Should have just sucked it up.
11) ALEC - It should have been satisfying enough to chow down on the grub Julie was hoarding, but not Alec...he had to go ahead and mention "trail mix" in Julie's presence. Spiking the football may be an accepted aftermath in the NFL, but in the game of Survivor it won't win you many friends.
BOOTED) DALE - And the dismantling of the singles has begun. Can't blame him for going down swinging, but major criticism to the dingbats who allowed that silly fake idol to modify their plans thus compromising Keith's trust.
QUITTER) JULIE - You can bet your plastic boobies and botox lips they'll be a "backlash" for quitting and deservingly so. Although she did provide a comical moment in the episode when she twisted the reason for being targeted by insinuating others are jealous because "she takes care of herself." So using her ex-athlete BF's money to schedule appointments with her plastic surgeon qualifies as "taking care of herself?!" Has that become the culture of our society??!! Major props to Jeff for being able to keep a straight face. I don't fault Production for wanting to add eye candy to a season...but why not cast more Dannis and just keep the whinny blow-up dolls deflated.