URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4416
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 7"

Posted by Aruba on 11-07-14 at 08:48 PM
Missing last week, a portion of my ranking includes Ep. 6 but a majority is based on Wednesday night. It cannot be overemphasized, based on the luck of the draw tribal switch, we will be watching the "season of the couples."

1) KEITH - Had every reason to be PO'd. But it was smart of him to blow off steam during his confessionals and return to camp with a cooler head. Cool enough to step up and win the season's first individual immunity. Well done! He's part of a couple, won the IN, and has a HII in his boot. He should stick around for a while. Possibly serving as a "daddy" role among couples certainly won't hurt his cause either.

2) JON - Although Keith is an appropriate #1 following Ep. 7, I still see Jon as a favorite to go all the way. First and foremost, he's part of a couple. And the lovebirds continue to take advantage of the swing vote positions they find themselves in. It's somewhat bizarre the challenge threat label seems to hang on Jeremy because it's Jon I see as the player who could make a run in the challenges.

3) BAYLOR - Hey mom...there's a reason your daughter sometimes acts 30 and other times acts 10. AHHH, Hello; she goes up and own the age meter knowing which ones push mommie's buttons. It's blatantly obvious she does it in real life so it should be no surprise she will continue to do so with her gameplay. Whereas it may be a successful approach for advancement in this season of the couples, I have my doubts it will equate to winning the game.

4) JEREMY - Like Keith, he uses the confessionals to blow off steam. Who cares if he acts self-righteous or obnoxious during private interviews. Part of me thinks he may be grandstanding for the viewing audience anyway. When he returns to the game he plays hard. It's somewhat comical he thought no TC saved Josh instead of him. But as one of the three remaining singles he will soon realize who's most at risk.

5) NATALIE - Smart to go off with Baylor to EI on Ep. 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see her as the last single standing. But thanks to the tribal switch that will only get her a seat on the jury.

6) JOSH - I respect his willingness to play the game hard, but last episode was a case of playing too hard too soon. Of course Jeremy was scrambling; as a single he needed to. Just sit tight and let the singles get picked off. When you're down to couples...then you can start to sweat.

7) JACLYN - Stick with your BF and you'll advance this season. As for winning...stick to Beauty Pageants.

8) WES - Nice showing in the IC, but his role in San Juan del Sur is as Keith's son. The drawback of father/son being the last two standing is they could be setting themselves up as Anti-Darwin Syndrome victims.

9) MISSY - I will continue to debate against being a normal mom to a 20-year old is proactive savvy gameplay. Actually she had two proactive moments where I could have warmed up to Missy as a solid player (which would have undoubtedly given Michel a warm & fuzzy feeling.) First, her attempt to smooth things over with Keith after TC. How did that go? HMMM, well in the next scene watching Keith spit on the ground when mentioning Missy's name might be a "minor" indication. LOL Second was her attempt to keep Julie in the game. And how did that go? Jeff informed everyone there'd be no TC because Julie quit. Two unsuccessful attempts; but hey, at least that's a better track record than her marital experiences. Like Keith, could get the same mileage as the "mommy" role among couples moving forward.

10) REED - I'm not sure if it was Reed who initiated the barter for rice or was the spokesperson for a unanimous tribal decision. In any event, how ridiculously stupid to give up most everything for a bag of rice on Day 16 when a merge was forthcoming. Should have just sucked it up.

11) ALEC - It should have been satisfying enough to chow down on the grub Julie was hoarding, but not Alec...he had to go ahead and mention "trail mix" in Julie's presence. Spiking the football may be an accepted aftermath in the NFL, but in the game of Survivor it won't win you many friends.

BOOTED) DALE - And the dismantling of the singles has begun. Can't blame him for going down swinging, but major criticism to the dingbats who allowed that silly fake idol to modify their plans thus compromising Keith's trust.

QUITTER) JULIE - You can bet your plastic boobies and botox lips they'll be a "backlash" for quitting and deservingly so. Although she did provide a comical moment in the episode when she twisted the reason for being targeted by insinuating others are jealous because "she takes care of herself." So using her ex-athlete BF's money to schedule appointments with her plastic surgeon qualifies as "taking care of herself?!" Has that become the culture of our society??!! Major props to Jeff for being able to keep a straight face. I don't fault Production for wanting to add eye candy to a season...but why not cast more Dannis and just keep the whinny blow-up dolls deflated.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Love/Loathe List S29 Ep. 7"
Posted by michel2 on 11-08-14 at 10:13 PM
1- Missy: I just loved her confessional when she strapped Baylor in the back seat while she put her hands on the wheel. She also showed that she can fool everyone with that fake smile. She's certainly not overrun by emotions like Dawn or Lisa; she is a real player. In Micronesia, Catalie turned into a stone-cold b*tch shortly after the merger and I would love to see Missy turn into a smiling assassin. Did you notice that she and Baylor were the only pair that didn't sit next to each other during the feast? It's much better to mingle with the others than sit next to your Loved one or your closest ally so Missy sat between Wes and Reed while Baylor sat next to Jeremy. Smart.

2- Jeremy: He's still too confident and he should pay attention to details when it's getting close to TC because going out to swim alone in the ocean is an invitation to a blindside. At least, we saw that he was working hard to assemble his, or rather Missy's, numbers.

3- Jaclyn: Luckily, she is the voice of reason in that couple. Jon's indecision would get him in trouble if he didn't have a chance to talk to his girlfriend. I really think that Jaclyn will set him straight and show him that it's best to stay with only 1 other couple and a few singles.

4- Josh: I have to admit that he is really playing hard in what should be a hopeless situation. However, he's the one that created that hopeless situation when he and Reed came from behind and won the final tribal immunity challenge. Throwing that challenge before the merger would have given him the perfect time to boot Jeremy. He had the votes but HE saved Jeremy. In this episode, he was reduced to make a "Hail Mary" pitch to Jon that Julie (and Probst) knocked to the ground. Given three more days, Jon will probably rethink that plan.

5- Keith: For now, I still find him very entertaining but I have a feeling that he is about to drop in my list now that he is playing with his son. He may have blown his chance of going to the end when he got angry about those two votes.

6- Natalie: Yes, that was an outstanding move last week but there weren't any follow-ups this week.

7- Jon: If he wants to retain power, he has to realize that being put in the position to decide means that he has to decide. He is becoming as wishy-washy as Chase.
As for last week, Jon was the only one that saw Dale's fake idol so he's the only dingbat that fell for the bluff which led to the split vote.

8- Baylor: You have to lie better than that, sweetheart. Josh saw right through your hesitations and he knows that you are with moma. Luckily for you, your mom is probably the best player out there.

9- Wes: As a birthday present, I'll keep you out of the last 2 spots.

10- Reed: Eat, man, eat.

11- Alec: He is growing up to be just like Drew.

Quit - Julie It's not hard to see what made her quit. She knew she couldn't win, that she'd be heading to Loser Lodge as a member of the jury for the next 3 weeks. By quitting, she joins the pre-merge bootees which means she will be spending a nice paid "vaca" with her boyfriend. That's all that mattered.

Posted by personofinterest on 11-12-14 at 02:39 PM
Since I have run out of time this week ...

11. All of them. I loathe all of them equally this week!

Posted by Agman2 on 11-12-14 at 05:11 PM

11. All of them.
I loathe all of them
equally this week!

Don't beat around the bush, just tell us how you feel

Posted by michel2 on 11-12-14 at 06:13 PM
I think he is saying that there are no personofinterest.