The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 4 flashback"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-11, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 4 flashback"
Is it me, or does Season Four seem to be the best? I've just been reviewing that season's dances on YouTube and dayum! It seems like very few this season have come up to that quality. And, look at the dancers it produced: Chelsea, Mark, Twitch, and others I can't think of. Katee, Joshua and the ones just mentioned are still my favorite dancers.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 4 flashback qwertypie 08-11-11 1
 RE: Season 4 flashback CTgirl 08-17-11 2
 Ovation Network KeithFan 08-17-11 3
 RE: Season 4 flashback djandy 08-17-11 4
   RE: Season 4 flashback CTgirl 08-18-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-11, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 4 flashback"
And, look at the dancers it produced: Chelsea, Mark, Twitch, and others I can't think of
There, fixed that for you.

I do admit I liked her much better on SYTYCD when her personality wasn't so obvious.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-11, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 4 flashback"
I agree Dan. It was the height of SYTYCD for me. Each year I get less and less interested. I haven't connected with and rooted for the dancers for the past couple of years. This year the guest judges bothered me so much that I stopped watching.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-11, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Ovation Network"
Has been showing previous seasons of SYTYCD. If you have DirecTV it is Channel 274.

I don't know how they decided it, but they started with season 6. Eleanor was a lot better than I remembered. Jakob kind of got the shaft, but Russell was good at his thing and won the popularity contest. Kathryn just keeps getting hotter

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-17-11, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 4 flashback"
I have gone to two SYTYCD Tours - Season 4 and last year's Season 7. Season 4's tour was awesome, and almost every dance was memorable and the crowd would go wild at the end of each dance. Last year's was a real let down. I think partly because they didn't bring all the All Stars that performed the original dances, so they substituted contestants for the All Stars and they were NOT up to the calibre of the All Star. For instance, Robert substituted for Neil in the Baseball Broadway routine, and what had been magic the first time became just average. The other reason I was disappointed was there were only a few standout dancers that I loved, and I loved the entire Top 10 of Season 4.

I wasn't even interested in seeing the Tour this year because I really only loved Melanie out of the Top 10, and the choreography just wasn't that good this year so there wasn't that many standout dances that I wanted to pay to see again. So I agree that it's gone downhill since Season 4 -- both in dancing and in choreography. And Nigel's manipulations have only ended up hurting the quality of participants (too many Contemp. dancers, eliminating Nick & Iveta too early) and the quality of the Season.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-11, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 4 flashback"
And Nigel's manipulations have only ended up hurting the quality of participants (too many Contemp. dancers, eliminating Nick & Iveta too early) and the quality of the Season.

I totally agree. You just described my frustrations with SYTYCD over the past few years.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •