The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-10, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's results here until the West Coast has seen the filler, special guests and the occasional result for themselves.

Warning...I am watching Big Bother first so I cannot be sure I'll be coherent for this ECST.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Group Dance Snidget 07-08-10 1
   RE: Group Dance Snidget 07-08-10 2
       RE: Group Dance DoodleBug 07-08-10 6
 Last night Snidget 07-08-10 3
 First Two Contestants Snidget 07-08-10 4
   RE: First Two Contestants Snidget 07-08-10 5
   RE: First Two Contestants DoodleBug 07-08-10 7
 Remaining Five Contestants Snidget 07-08-10 8
   RE: Remaining Five Contestants Snidget 07-08-10 9
       RE: Remaining Five Contestants DoodleBug 07-08-10 14
       RE: Remaining Five Contestants djandy 07-09-10 25
 All Star Redux Snidget 07-08-10 10
 Cast of In the Heights. Snidget 07-08-10 11
 Solos Snidget 07-08-10 12
   RE: Solos DoodleBug 07-08-10 16
 Natasha Bedingfield Snidget 07-08-10 13
   RE: Natasha Bedingfield DoodleBug 07-08-10 17
 Results Snidget 07-08-10 15
   RE: Results DoodleBug 07-08-10 18
   RE: Results djandy 07-08-10 20
   RE: Results Belle Book 07-09-10 29
 RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST DoodleBug 07-08-10 19
 RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST DrKegel 07-09-10 21
   RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST Glow 07-09-10 22
   RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST Tummy 07-09-10 23
       RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST DrKegel 07-09-10 26
           RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST LFJ 07-09-10 27
   RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST LFJ 07-09-10 24
       RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST MKitty 07-09-10 28
           RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST DrKegel 07-09-10 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-08-10, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Group Dance"
We've got thunder here, I thought it wasn't supposed to do this, but I could use the rain.

When We Dance
Sting

Looks like a heaven theme.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-08-10, 09:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Group Dance"
Mia choreographed that.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-10, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Group Dance"
I guessed that while they were dancing - the costumes were kind of strange, but I liked the dancing.

07-08-10, 09:06 PM (EST)
3. "Last night"
Alex in the bottom three because of injury, welcome the judges.

Congrats on all the Emmy nominations. Adam for the Oscars, Mia, Stacey, Amy the make up team. Chelsie got one for DWTS. Also shout out for Glee.

Pimping the dance day on July 31.

07-08-10, 09:11 PM (EST)
4. "First Two Contestants"
Lauren and Billy

Billy is in the bottom two....WHAT?

Adam says only piece of advice, is that he has to forget he is in a competition and bring joy and act like we are not here, might be creating walls.

07-08-10, 09:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: First Two Contestants"
Lauren is... safe

07-08-10, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First Two Contestants"
Billy is a complete SHOCK

What the heck?

07-08-10, 09:22 PM (EST)
8. "Remaining Five Contestants"
Pimping AI auditions

Kent...is safe

Jose...is safe

Robert...is safe

Ashley and Adechike after the break

07-08-10, 09:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Remaining Five Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-10 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

Ashley and Adechike

The final dancer in danger tonight is Ashley.

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mia says she came across harsh and insensitive last night, your light dimmed and I got passionate and frustrated about it. I want to see the greatness soar. I believe in you but I will always be Tough Love Mama Mia.

07-08-10, 09:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Remaining Five Contestants"
Something is seriously wrong tonight.....

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-09-10, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Remaining Five Contestants"
The voters must be judges' lemmings. Robert was horrible and even dropped his partner on her butt, and just because the judges say that he deserves to be there he's not in the bottom 2? And Ashley & Billy, who have been consistently great, are there? Coincidence that both of them have received scorn from the judges for great routines or things beyond their control (choreography, costumes)? I think not. The judges need to get beyond their egos and start judging fairly (Jose).

07-08-10, 09:32 PM (EST)
10. "All Star Redux"
Anya and Pasha.

Never partnered on stage until now. Doing their audition number.

Magic Carpet Ride

07-08-10, 09:39 PM (EST)
11. "Cast of In the Heights."

07-08-10, 09:42 PM (EST)
12. "Solos"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-10 AT 09:46 PM (EST)

Billy

to Build A Home

Ashley after the break.

Lost (acoustic)
Anouk

07-08-10, 10:00 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Solos"
beautiful solos!

07-08-10, 09:47 PM (EST)
13. "Natasha Bedingfield"
Touch

07-08-10, 10:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Natasha Bedingfield"
i love that the all stars are dancing with the singers this season - such a treat

07-08-10, 09:56 PM (EST)
15. "Results"
Judges are back in their seats.

Unanimous in the decision.

Alex step forward.

Results of MRI, given permission. Lacerated Achilles tendon, detached from the bone. Operation is simple, 80% and he has to rest it for three months. Operation next Tuesday.

Out of the competition. He is obviously invited back next year. tonight, for Ashley and Billy neither is going home. We are delighted for you two.

*sniff*

07-08-10, 10:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Results"
Oh, so sad... *double sniff*

the good news? Alex invited back for season 8

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-08-10, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Results"
So sad for Alex. I hope he comes back just so I can keep watching him. Good luck with the surgery and recovery.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-09-10, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Results"
I'm really sorry Alex has to go. At least his Achilles tendon isn't torn and hopefully he can come back. I'll sure vote for him if he does so!

Belle Book

07-08-10, 10:13 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Thanks Snidget!

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-09-10, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"

Yes, thanks Snidget.

I just popped on to voice my utter outrage about Alex and his ridiculous decision to star on this utterly useless show!

First, I am extremely sorry he got injured. I wish him all the luck in the world, but what the heck was he thinking? He put his own brilliant career in jeopardy for this foolhardy journey proving what exactly? Even if he had won, the show is using him? It's unlikely to do anything for him because any dance company if the freakin' world would have hired him! Even contemporary or modern companies would have taken him on because his technique is flawless.

But he doesn't go the legit route, he chooses to participate in this complete farce with judges that seem to not be watching the performances or dancers they're judging! They have been so far off this season that I doubt a tractor trailer could get them on track!

Alex is just an idiot for becoming involved with this charade. Historically, they have NEVER allowed the most talented dancer to win. It's the most POPULAR dancer. Remember Lacey the skank? Wasn't she in the finals and didn't she end up starring in Shankman's stupid film? Ugh! And Blake was it? He was thrown off because of his ego - like fat Mia doesn't have one! And was she trying to look like Al Capone tonight? What was with the slicked back hair and suit? Must have put a hit out on someone and dressed for the occasion.

Oh, Alex, Alex, Alex, I so hope you heal perfectly with no lingering problems for being such a yutz. You can't just throw your body around like that! It's good for Nigel, but not for you! And I know you're young, but this type of injury is devastating! Those statistics are for EVERYONE that has this operation. Believe Tiger Woods had an achilles tear and he doesn't do tour jetes or triple tours! The demands of a male dancer - especially ballet dancer - are huge jumps and a massive amount of turns. Turning I'm not so worried about since you have two sides, but those jumps! It's why they don't last as long as females to begin with. It bothered me so much for Nigel to say what he said so blithely. And there is that 20% window where it doesn't heal right! And again, the statistics take everyone into account! While some athletes are included in those statistics, how about strictly world class ballet dancers? And I doubt it's only going to be 3 months. There's 3 months being immobile and then a long recuperation with physical therapy. Yes, he's ahead of the curve in terms of conditioning but he still has to take it easy or he'll be in for another operation!

I hope to god he doesn't come back next season. Get a contract with a nice world class ballet company or contemporary company and have a nice long career! You don't need to prove anything to these jackals who could care less what happens to you! Otherwise they wouldn't be such a pitiful job judging all these seasons! They're nitwits! Idiots! Egomaniacs and you care they're giving you a tongue bath?

Don't!

My prayers that Alex is fine with absolutely no lasting damage of any kind. I hope he has to go on to have a career that most only dream of and that he comes to his senses that this was an insane idea and does not come back!

End of rant.

I have no strong opinion on this. LOL!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-10, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Poor Alex. He made a really stupid decision and is paying dearly for it.

Alex is just an idiot for becoming involved with this charade. Historically, they have NEVER allowed the most talented dancer to win. It's the most POPULAR dancer

I could go on an on about this but I'll just say:
Blake
Travis/Allison
Danny
Will/Mark
Brandon
Jakob

I hope to god he doesn't come back next season.

Me too.

and could somebody please explain to me what Jose's appeal is?

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-09-10, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Here's why Alex will be back:
I'm gonna live forever.
I'm gonna learn how to fly,
High!
I feel it coming together,
People will see me and cry
Fame!
I'm going to make it to heaven,
Light up the sky like a flame,
Fame!
I'm gonna live forever,
Baby remember my name,
Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember.

Without looking it up on google how many ballet dancers can you name? Now, how many SYTYCD dancers can you name? You - being anyone on the board.

And Jose - he's a cute, sweet kid that's doing more than expected. And his happiness at just being there comes thru his dance.

07-09-10, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"

>Without looking it up on google
>how many ballet dancers can
>you name? Now, how
>many SYTYCD dancers can you
>name? You - being
>anyone on the board.
>
>And Jose - he's a cute,
>sweet kid that's doing more
>than expected. And his
>happiness at just being there
>comes thru his dance.

You're asking the wrong person that question! I'm the one that watches Plisetskaya, Kathy Healy, Susan Jaffe, etc. etc. on YouTube. I think the question is how many SYTYCD winners can I name! Truthfully, not a one!!! I have no idea of the their names and I watched the first couple of seasons. There are fleeting memories of some numbers, and I can picture some of them in my mind, but their names? NOPE!!!! And they couldn't exactly have set the dance world on fire since I never saw any of them again!

And Jose is a very sweet kid, BUT HE'S NOT A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL DANCER!!! Alex was in a notable company already!!! If he wanted to company hop to another company, then bless him and more power to him! But to go on a half-baked show that has a complete history for being rude, wrong and egotistically prejudice in who they like and don't like (for reasons only known to these idiots), it makes no sense! No sense at all!!!

==========

As for the other points, Jose I don't have a problem with, but yikes! Why are they all over him? I too agree that his throwing himself into learning is admirable, but THIS IS A DANCE COMPETITION!!! It's supposed to be about who the freak can dance the best and, OH, I may have actually figured that one out on my own. None of the judges knows diddly-squat about dance or artistry! The picture of Mia and Adam actually crying over an overweight blimp of a dancer coming on stage and embarrassing herself comes to mind! Just where is that wonderful? And her bloated body kept throwing her off balance and besides, it was something she could control! A dancer is an athlete. I'm totally against the anorexic trend, but for god sakes there's a million miles in between that and what she was! A dancer has to be in shape!! Otherwise they can't perform optimally. It's like a piano or violin. You have them tuned! You don't show up with an out of tune instrument and then have people applaud you for making a point! What point is it you're making anyway? That you're stupid?

I'm so mad I forgot the other points! I'll have to go back and read the other replies.

Oh, and that list of people being thrown off does prove my point! These judges are disgusting users that are only using this show to primp, preen and get a big fat paycheck! And 100,000? That's going to be one year of a good time! That's it! And if they're living in NY, they'll need it just to go to the grocery store!

I just remembered another point, Edward Villela's ego. Look, his ego is no better or worse than these chicken hawks! And at least Edward V has the ballet pedigree to be able to talk! He danced with Mr. B which is about the best training you can get! And he chose Alex! If Alex was unhappy, definitely move on! No point in making yourself unhappy, but do it in a sane manner! Put feelers out and audition. Go to a contemporary company if that's what you want. Take modern classes - whatever!

And another thing about "fame," okay, I see a lot of dance movies, but I don't know the name of one of the corps dancers in Grease, Dirty Dancing, Step Up, Save the Last Dance, Stomp, You've Been Served!

Alex is an idiot because he doesn't recognize and is not happy with where he is and is going about attaining things the wrong way. A ballet audience would appreciate him. A modern audience would appreciate him. A contemporary audience would appreciate him. But the judges on SYTYCD? They can only appreciate themselves!!!

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-09-10, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
"I just remembered another point, Edward Villela's ego. Look, his ego is no better or worse than these chicken hawks! And at least Edward V has the ballet pedigree to be able to talk! He danced with Mr. B which is about the best training you can get! And he chose Alex! If Alex was unhappy, definitely move on! No point in making yourself unhappy, but do it in a sane manner! Put feelers out and audition. Go to a contemporary company if that's what you want. Take modern classes - whatever!

And another thing about "fame," okay, I see a lot of dance movies, but I don't know the name of one of the corps dancers in Grease, Dirty Dancing, Step Up, Save the Last Dance, Stomp, You've Been Served!

Alex is an idiot because he doesn't recognize and is not happy with where he is and is going about attaining things the wrong way. A ballet audience would appreciate him. A modern audience would appreciate him. A contemporary audience would appreciate him. But the judges on SYTYCD? They can only appreciate themselves!!!"

Again, ITA. A longtime balletomane, I have had the experience of sitting through "An Evening With Edward V.". Yes, he is a talented dancer and choreographer (I have had the good fortune to see many who are better, I.e. Baryshnikov, Godonov, et.al with ABT), and having had the experience with Balanchine is beyond...but in Alex's defense, Mr. V can be an obnoxious boor, even with an audience. IOW, maybe Alex just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know about you, but I think (aside from the judges' relentless pimpage of some contestants and not others) that SYTYCD presents the general public with an opportunity to see great dancers, and to appreciate the passion dancers have for their art. IMHO, the judges role should be to impress upon the audience what is good, what is exceptional, and what is aspirational (as in the case of Jose). Sometimes, they are good at it - sometimes, not so good.

It is unfortunate that this has not been a good venue for classical ballet.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-09-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
Dr. K.,

ITA with you. The ONLY thing I can believe he was trying to do was get out from under what I imagine is the crusing wieght of Vallelo's ego, and move on to Hollywood - work on some films. Otherwise, this was a Huge mistake - H.U.G.E. Scar tissue is never as good as the original. The elasticity is gone.

With luck and lots of rehab (granting an excellent surgeon), he will be able to do a plie in six months.

What a shame. I hope he will get work as a choreographer. Maybe SYTYCD can do that much for him.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-09-10, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"
I am just sad, sad, sad that Alex will be gone as I think he does so much to promote ballet. I think this show has been great in promoting dance in general, and often it is only the contemporary dancers that seem to go far. Somebody like Alex can help "America" realize that ballet is fantastic and get more kids going into it.

Yes, I was a former ballerina when I was a young child (not at a high level at all, but enough for it to affect my life and become a HUGE aficionado), so I saw Alex's presence as a good thing and I loved watching him dance each week.

Here's hoping that he heals well and goes on to wonderful things in his life...whatever they may be...

Summarized by the Capn!

07-09-10, 07:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: SYTYCD7 Top 8 Results ECST"

I am just sad, sad, sad that Alex will be gone as I think he does so much to promote ballet. I think this show has been great in promoting dance in general, and often it is only the contemporary dancers that seem to go far. Somebody like Alex can help "America" realize that ballet is fantastic and get more kids going into it.
unquote

Well, all I can say is that I think Alex was a bit disappointing on the promoting ballet angle. I think he was very disparaging about it. I don't harbor any ill will about him feeling that way. The thing about having a gift, is that it's theirs to throwaway.

When he first auditioned, he berated it as not being enough (it isn't?) Then this season he made some smart aleck remark about having tap and enjoying it and then being put 'into ballet' where he said something like "where he had to do the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!"

Gee, I know as a kid you may not get why you're repeating the steps and doing the same thing over and over again, but I would have thought the light bulb would have gone on by now. That's how you learn in ballet. And that's why he's as good as he is.

Anyway, I didn't think he was a very good spokesman for the art. Somebody that says they're leaving it because it's not enough and they feel stifled is not necessary going to win any points on that basis!

You can't force someone to fall in love, and he may well yearned to do more, but going from ballet to SYTYCD is progress? Really? Sounds like going from filet mignon to licking the inside of the toilet seat.

Best wishes to his complete and healthy recovery!!! Like I said, it's his gift and if he wants to throw it away, by all means, I hope he throws it away in any trashcan he wishes!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •