The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank the top 10!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-09, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank the top 10!"
A dance recap first:

Ryan & Noelle - Hip Hop (NappyTabs) Office theme, Smooth Waltz (JT & Tomas)
Ashleigh & Legacey - Contemporary (Garry Stewart) Poison/ exercise routine theme?; Hip Hop (Dave Scott) Vampire.
Kathryn & Nathan - 1950s-style Broadway (Spencer Liff); Rumba (Tony & Melanie)
Ellenore & Jakob - Quickstep (Tony & Melanie); Contemporary (Sonya Tayeh) underworld theme? (can't think of anything that fits)
Mollee & Russell - Lyrical Jazz (Mandy Moore); Jive (Anya & Pasha).

Plus solos.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank the top 10! DoodleBug 12-02-09 1
 RE: Rank the top 10! aethelstan 12-02-09 2
 RE: Rank the top 10! djandy 12-02-09 3
   RE: Rank the top 10! DoodleBug 12-02-09 6
   RE: Rank the top 10! aethelstan 12-02-09 7
       RE: Rank the top 10! djandy 12-02-09 8
 RE: Rank the top 10! DoodleBug 12-02-09 4
 RE: Rank the top 10! Glow 12-02-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
Great minds think alike!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-02-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
Well #1 sure was easy:

1. Ellenore & Jakob Contemporary. It really was outstanding and Nigel was right. The disappointment with other couples is as a result of knowing that this caliber is out there. I was a little worried about them going on and on but it deserved it.

2. Ellenore & Jakob - QS. I thought they pulled this off great.

3. Ryan & Noelle - HH. I enjoyed this. There was a little moment when I was reminded of the table dance by Mandy Moore from a few seasons ago.

4. Mollee & Russell - Jive. Good energy.

5. Ryan & Noelle - Smooth Waltz. Well executed.

6. Kathryn & Nathan - Broadway. I thought she had the character down pat and played it extremely well. Nathan? He can exit stage left.

7. Mollee & Russell - Lyrical Jazz. Well danced, had one great move but didn't grab me.

8. Ashleigh & Legacy - Contemporary. Didn't grab me. Seemed almost like capoeira. But I did love the final pose.

9. Kathryn & Nathan - rumba. Had some moments, mostly involving Kathryn (just like Mary said). He seems artificial.

10. Ashleigh & Legacy - Hip Hop. meh.

Solos:
I like Russell's and thought it was just an intro to something longer.
Loved Ellenore's choice of music as well as her solo.
I found Legacy's not up to his standard but I think it was because he picked a slow song.
Jakob is very good, there's no doubt.
Kathryn also danced well.

Rankings
Ellenore & Jakob - 4 (tie)
Russell - 12
Noelle - 15
Ryan - 16
Kathryn - 18
Mollee - 18
Legacy - 21
Nathan - 25
Ashleigh - 26

Hmm. interesting.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-02-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
Not sure which one to post in, so I chose the one with the most posts.

Pair Rankings:
1.) Ellenore & Jakob - Contemporary (although it looked like every other Sonya JAZZ to me). Outstanding.
2.) Ryan & Noelle - Hip Hop. One of Nappy Tabs' better routines.
3.) Ryan & Noelle - Smooth Waltz. Very smooth.
4.) Ellenore & Jakob - Quickstep.
5.) Mollee & Russell - Lyrical Jazz.
6.) Kathryn & Nathan - Broadway (This is the average - Kathryn should be ranked higher, Nathan should be ranked lower).
7.) Ashleigh & Legacy - Contemporary. When I saw their knee pads, I wondered if they were going to do type of dancing done by the Australian Group team on the Superstars of Dance show.
8.) Mollee & Russell - Jive. The chicken feather butt was too distracting. Mollee is still bad at Ballroom.
9.) Kathryn & Nathan - Rumba. Again, Kathryn did much better than Nathan.
10.) Ashleigh & Legacy - Hip Hop. Get rid of Dave Scott and the new HH choreographers. Whoever dances their choreography is automatically in the bottom.

Solos:
1.) Jakob
2.) Kathryn
3.) Legacy
4.) Ellenore
5.) Ashleigh
6.) Russell
7.) Ryan
8.) Noelle
9.) Mollee
10.) Nathan

Overall Rankings:
1.) Jakob (6)
2.) Ellenore (9)
3.) Ryan (12)
4.) Noelle (13)
5.) Kathryn (17)
6.) Russell (19)
7.) Legacy (20)
8.) Ashleigh (22) Ashleigh wins tie breaker with the better solo.
9.) Mollee (22)
10.) Nathan (25)

12-02-09, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
Superstars of Dance - yes! I thought of that as well and forgot to mention it.

12-02-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
Hip Hop. Get rid of Dave Scott and the new HH choreographers. Whoever dances their choreography is automatically in the bottom.

Yes, but the in the first show Legacy and Kathryn had one of the best numbers of the year (imo) with the cave man hip hop. That was a Dave Scott number.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-02-09, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
>in the first show Legacy and Kathryn had one of the best >numbers of the year (imo) with the cave man hip hop. That was >a Dave Scott number.

The Cave Man routine was a good one, but the rest have been turkeys. They need to get new HH choreographers for harder hitting routines. I'm still enjoying Nappy Tabs with their lyrical HH routines.

12-02-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-09 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-02-09 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

Posting my rankings first, then I'll look at everyone elses (don't want any peer pressure or anything ).

1. Jakob & Ellenore - Contemporary: what do you get when you have amazing choreography for two superb dancers??? You get this routine. Hands down the best of the season. They are my two favorite dancers, so I was hoping for big things. No disappointments.

2. Jakob & Ellenore - Quickstep: again, my two favorite dancers who performed an amazing quickstep.

3. Legacy & Ashleigh - Contemporary: I think I'll put this one here because of the constant fast-paced movement of the piece which I like - it looked super difficult.

4. Russell & Mollee - Jive: I enjoyed this one a lot. Maybe I was still on the high from Jakob and Ellenore, but they were really into it and performed it well.

5. Nathan & Kathryn - Broadway: this was fabulous, like they stepped out of the 1950's movie. They captured the era well. I love Spencer's choreography!

6. Ryan & Noelle - Waltz: Ryan was really fabulous and Noelle was very graceful. It was a bit cheesy, but thought they danced elegantly.

7. Ryan & Noelle - Hip Hop: loved the song choice and concept with this.

8. Russell & Mollee - Lyrical Jazz: I didn't feel this as much as the judges, something was off or missing, the arm hook move was cool

9. Nathan & Kathryn - Rumba: I thought this was a horrible Rumba and glad the choreographers were called on it.

10. Legacy & Ashleigh - Hip-Hop: DITTO! What was that, Dave? Highly disappointed. Sad to see these two in the bottom because of the choreography!!

Figuring out the top and bottom was easy - everything in between was kind of hard.

Solos:
JAKOB
Ellenore
Legacy
Russell
Kathryn
Noelle
Mollee
Ashleigh
Nathan
Ryan

Overall Ranks:
Jakob (3)
Ellenore (4)
Russell (12)
Legacy (16)
Kathryn, Noelle and Mollee (19) (all interchangable really with Kathryn in the lead)
Ashleigh (21)
Nathan and Ryan (23)

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-09, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank the top 10!"
1) Ellenore and Jakob - Sonya Jazz - watched it three times. I loved the violent little shake that Ellenore did. That was my favorite part. Well that and the very end. JAKOB.
2) Noelle and Ryan - Smooth Waltz - made me feel romantic. husband fell asleep.
3) Legacy and Ashleigh - Contemporary - different. demanding. I love Legacy.
4-10) the rest - Kathryn remains wonderful. She makes me want to rank that Broadway routine pretty high. But I can't because Nathan remains annoying. I like Russell. I like Mollee more than I did before but that doesn't mean much.

Solos:
1) Jakob
2) Legacy
3) Ellenore
4) Russell
5) Kathryn
6-10) the rest

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •