The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank the Top 14"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-25-09, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank the Top 14"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-09 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Ok, so I can't count - the top 12!!!! Sorry about that.

1. Jakob & Ashleigh - Lyrical Jazz: Sonya is back! That rocked. Jakob was phenomenal (how can his legs move like that?!?) and Ashleigh held her own. Star moments there. The music was perfect too.

2. Legacy & Kathryn - Jazz: again, great piece by Sonya - as Adam said, very smart choreo with Legacy and Kathryn was smoldering

3. Ryan & Ellenore - Broadway: I really liked this choerography and Ellenore was magnificent

4. Russell & Noelle - Contemporary: loved the concept and the movement

5. Ryan & Ellenore - Lindy Hop: this resembled a disco for me in that it seemed to be full of tricks (and I'm not a big fan of disco), having said that.... it looked great, lots of energy and they made it seem easy, they are #5 due to difficulty

6. Jakob & Ashleigh - Cha Cha: great energy, awesome partnering, fabulous (that jump over the chair was sweet)

7. Victor & Karen - Tango: I liked Karen in this much more than Victor, nice choreography and loved the track they used, their costumes were killer

8. Legacy & Kathryn - Viennese Waltz: ok, so the technique wasn't quite there so that's why it's down here.... but I got all wrapped up in the story, Legacy is so special and Kathryn was gorgeous

9. Nathan & Mollee - Can Can: cute

10. Nathan & Mollee - Hip Hop: ugh, don't like his choreo, Nathan really looked like he was having fun, still not a Mollee fan (my 5 year old daughter is)

11. Russell & Noelle - Samba: I was not impressed here

12. Victor & Karen - Hip Hop: yuck

Combined Score
Jakob/Ashleigh: 7
Ryan/Ellenore: 8
Legacy/Kathryn: 10
Russell/Noelle: 15
Victor/Karen: 19
Nathan/Mollee: 19

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank the Top 14 MKitty 11-25-09 1
 RE: Rank the Top 14 fleaismycat 11-25-09 2
 RE: Rank the Top 14 djandy 11-25-09 3
 RE: Rank the Top 14 aethelstan 11-27-09 4
 RE: Rank the Top 14 Ricky 11-28-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-25-09, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank the Top 14"
I certainly agree with your top five...some great moments last night!

*Christmas Cheer from Sharnina*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-25-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank the Top 14"
*cavet-My dog ruined most of the show for me. He wouldn't stop barking and jumping around. He's an 85lb pain in the butt.*

1. Russell and Noelle- Contemporary. I loved this routine. It was my favourite of the night.

2. Jakob and Ashleigh-Cha Cha: My second favourite routine of the night. (note how both were at the end.. Dog finally calmed down)

3. Jakob and Ashleigh: Lyrical Jazz: What a great routine. I liked it nearly as much as the cha cha (and I love cha chas!)

4. Legacy and Kathryn:- Jazz I liked this routine a lot but it wasn't as sharp as it could have been.

5. Victor and Karen: Tango- I thought this was a good tango but Karen was definately the star of the piece. What a great dress.

6. Ryan and Ellenore: Broadway: good job but Ryan was off all evening. I hope he doesn't get sent home because he's injured.

7 Ryan and Ellenore: Lindy hop: Fun and bouncy but again it was rough in places. Ellenore was great in both of their numbers. Ryan was the weak link last night.

8. Mollee and Nathan: Can Can: This was fun. I think Tyce gave them a gift to be honest. I think almost any other team could have danced this better (except maybe Victor and Karen)

9. Russell and Noelle: Samba- I enjoyed it actually. They were really trying and seemed to be giving it 110% in a dance that is totally out of their element. But then I have that weak spot for Russell.

10. Legacy and Kathryn- Waltz: I loved that they danced it with so much emotional commitment. So often these waltz's come off as flat to me. Kathryn was very good in this. Legacy was out of his element and it wasn't as smooth as a waltz should be.

11. Mollee and Nathan- hip hop- This was a mess. Nathan was better than Mollee but it was still bad. I think they didn't get given a great routine to do in the first place and then they were flat while doing it.

12. Karen and Victor: Hip Hop: It was... bad. Both are better dancers than this.

Except for the last two dances on my list I really enjoyed the evening of dance.

If I follow the marking system I guess it's

Jakob/Ashleigh 5
Russell/Noelle 10
Ryan/Ellenore 13
Legacy/Kathryn 14
Victor/Karen: 17
Nathan/Mollee: 20

I think that Mollee and Victor might go home tonight.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-25-09, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank the Top 14"
Dance Rankings:
1.) Legacy & Kathryn - Jazz (I liked that they put Legacy's moves into the piece, like Hok in Hummingbird & Flower)
2.) Ryan & Ellenore - Broadway (It kind of reminded me of Lacey & Pasha's mannequin Hip Hop - which is a good comparison to have)
3.) Jakob & Ashleigh - Cha Cha (Energetic & fun)
4.) Russell & Noelle - Contemporary (I like Tyce's Contemporary routines better than his Broadway routines)
5.) Victor & Karen - Tango (Karen was great)
6.) Jakob & Ashleigh - Lyrical Jazz (Good, but still liked L&K's Jazz piece better)
7.) Legacy & Kathryn - Viennese Waltz (very flowy / flowing - are those words?)
8.) Ryan & Ellenore - Lindy Hop (I thought I remembered the Lindy Hop choreographer tried out several seasons ago, so it's good that they're letting her choreograph for the show now).
9.) Nathan & Mollee - Can Can (ok)
10.) Russell & Noelle - Samba (she tried, but they just didn't get the bounce of the Samba)
11.) Victor & Karen - Hip Hop (horrible)
12.) Nathan & Mollee - Hip Hop (other than the telephones at the beginning, I did not see AGB in the piece - and the wardrobe made the dancing even worse)

Pair Rankings:
1.) Legacy & Kathryn (8)
2.) Jakob & Ashleigh (9)
3.) Ryan & Ellenore (10)
4.) Russell & Noelle (14)
5.) Victor & Karen (16)
6.) Nathan & Mollee (21)

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-27-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank the Top 14"
Still haven't had a chance to see them all but I've seen some of the good ones.

Jakob & Ashleigh excelled in both numbers
Ryan & Ellenore did well in the Lindy Hop and from what I saw of the broadway.
Legacy & Kat (?!) were good in the jazz
Russell & Noelle's contemp. didn't really do it for me.
Victor & Karen's tango was good but Nigel was right about Victor's figure S posture.
Nathan & Mollee hip hop. silly gimmick... again.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-28-09, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank the Top 14"
1. Mollee
2. Mollee
3. Mollee
4. Mollee
5. Mollee
6. Mollee
7. Mollee
8. Mollee
9. Mollee
10. Mollee
11. Mollee
12. Legacy

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •