The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-08, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-08 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-05-08 AT 10:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-05-08 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

filler....filler....filler....filler...- filler....filler....filler....filler...- filler....filler....filler....filler...- filler....filler....filler..

Last week with these couples. Next week the final 10 will scramble the partners.

Couple #1 – Natali and Francis – Salsa
Man, her legs go up and up. Amazing lifts and he really supported her, cause dropping her would have been dangerous.
I actually thought that he wasn’t extending enough. Is that needed for salsa?
Judges:
Rex – her dancing wasn’t staccato enough. Huh?
Melissa – very good.
Tre – Natali finally letting Francis lead
Jean Marc – very good.

Couple #2 – Ali and Danny – hip hop (choreo by Luther)

Can the ballerina do hip hop? I am saying okay, but not great. Not hitting hard enough. I thought Danny was more in hip hop character.

Rex – not hitting hard enough, but good enough.
Melissa – good job.
Tre – good, Danny better than Ali.
Jean Marc – good job.

Couple #3 – Lara and Miles – fox trot

(DS already anxious to see what her voting sign is this week )
I thought that was lovely.

Rex – charming. Bravo.
Melissa –Miles technique ìs coming
Tre – great job, but lots of pointers
Jean Marc – musicality was great, carriage was great.
The judges always seem to like this couple, but bring little criticisms. Is that to help for future, or does it put them at risk?

Okay, we are loving the lipstick on the abs. What a fun couple. Have I mentioned before the crush I have on Lara?

Commercial - that Remembrance Day commercial brought a tear to my eye.

Couple #4 - Kaitlyn and Izaac - jive

This couple started the competition really weak. They are working together much better. Stress "together". That lift and swing to the ground at the end was scary!

Rex - not fast enough for a true jive. fell short
Melissa - again not a jive. Lost its "snap crackle and pop"
Tre - best Izaac so far, but not great.
Jean Marc - fun but not great.

Sounds like the judges have picked this as the couple to leave this week. I thought their routine was enjoyable to watch.

Couple #5 - Arassay and Nico - Jazz (choreo by Paul Becker)

Steamy. Steamy. Steamy high emotion.

Rex - hot hot hot. Nico is reason why boys should want to dance. Best of night.
Melissa - high emotion. Arassay is reason why little girls want to dance.
Tre - leaders of competition
Jean Marc - lifetime member of VID list. Magic. Apparently they "control the universe". Has anyone told Obama??

Couple #6 - Lisa and Vincent - house (choreo by Sho-Tyme?)

This pair really grooves. I can't explain why they have been bottom 3 a couple of times. I really enjoyed that. smooth smooth smooth.

Rex - buck
Melissa - can't fake that. Fav performance of night.
Tre - tore down the house.
Jean Marc - good connection. set house on fire.

okay, now the tough job. Bottom 3 couples
- Kaitlyn and Izaak (this one isn't too tough)
- Danny and Ali?
- Lisa and Vincent? (they have been bottom 3 twice so maybe don't get the votes?)
- Lara and Miles

Going home will be Kaitlyn and Izaak.

okay, what do you say?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread nobody 11-06-08 1
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread byoffer 11-06-08 2
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread trigirl 11-06-08 3
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread qwertypie 11-06-08 4
 Results :( byoffer 11-06-08 5
   RE: Results :( qwertypie 11-07-08 6
       RE: Results :( byoffer 11-07-08 7
 RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread trigirl 11-07-08 8
   RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread MKitty 11-07-08 9
       RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread qwertypie 11-07-08 10
           RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread byoffer 11-07-08 11
 Group Routine trigirl 11-07-08 12
   RE: Group Routine Glow 12-16-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nobody 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-08, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nobody Click to send private message to nobody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
I say that my daughter and I voted as many times as our fingers could for Miles and Lara tonight.

I agree, that the judges have picked who they want to go home tonight, loud and clear.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-06-08, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
I ditto both of those comments, nobody.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-06-08, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
First time I have ever voted for any show before. No, that's a lie, I did vote on-line for rock star. Just usually don't at call in shows because all you get is a busy signal. Didn't get one busy signal.

I voted heavily for Lisa and Vincent and then split my remainder between Nico & should.be.me, Natalie & Francis. Not that I necessarily thought that L&V were the best, but because they should have never been in the bottom three.

I believe that it is totally Kaitlyn and Isaac's time to go. I just worry that he will get the teeny-bopper vote....do you hear the screams every time he gets on stage. Reminds me...I must lie about my age when applying for tickets to the show. Must be why I have not had a phone call!

bouncey by Ice

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-08, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
Missed most of the salsa, because my kids were watching a Gilligan's Island DVD and we lost track of time (BTW -- Do you know they have one of the SS Minnow's on Vancouver Island and they are planning to run 3 hour harbour tours? WAY COOL)

Allie and Danny. Meh on the routine. I like her and it is obvious the judges really, really really want her to stay. Instead of slamming them for not being in hip hop character, they were praised for making it their own unique style. Alrighty then. I guess I can do hip hop too and make it my own unique style.

Lara and Miles -- I really, really envied her lipstick.

Kaitlyn and Izzac - Jive. Her upper body really bugged me. It wa very undulaty (did I make up a new word). I think it would have been much better if she could fix the posture/carriage problems.

Assary and Nico. Well done -- I was wondering if we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction. I had no idea classical jazz was all bump and grindy (another new word)

Lisa and Vincent -- unfortunately, due to a mustard incident I missed this routine.

Hard to choose bottom three, since half the couples will end there. I do think Izzak and Kaitlyn will be one of them.

11-06-08, 11:35 PM (EST)
5. "Results :("
I? Am not happy about tonight's results.

Bottom 3 couples:
- Lara and Miles
- Natali and Francis
- Ali and Danny

Interesting - these were the first three couples to compete.

After the dance, Leah does her double talk results.

According to the judges all of these 6 should be in the top 10. I agree. How did Kaitlyn and Izaak skip the bottom 3???

The male going home is Francis. This is sad.

The female going home is Lara. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
This show is so dead to me now. Lara was so gracious in leaving, and so lovely the whole time on the show. I will miss her.

11-07-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Results :("
Sorry hon -- I feel your pain. I wondered about the bottom three -- do Canadians really have such short attention spans that they can't remember the first 3 routines? Or was there a backlash because the public felt Izzac (Izaac?) and Kaitlyn were being picked on?
And as soon as Danny was safe, I knew Francis had only seconds left.
Leah's mouth really needs to be duct-taped shut. It was bad enough when she would fake out the safe couples as being in danger, but to give the couples hope they were in the top 10 and then finally inform them that they were dancing for their lives was just cruel.

11-07-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Results :("
Leah is going downhill fast. She needs to get on the internet, read that we hate her fake out results, and then fire the writers who are doing this to her every week. Cat wouldn't put up with that crap!

I have no idea how Kaitlyn and Izaak got out of the bottom 3. The judges said repeatedly last night that all of the dancers who had to dance for their lives deserved top 10. I have to think that means that Kaitlyn and Izaak did not.

Now who will I cheer for? Whichever dancer pulls out a sign that says "We miss Lara" will get my votes!

11-07-08, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
Kaitlyn will be gone next week. When she does not have the protection of Izaac (and his 12 year old voting posse). I am so disappointed. Really, really wanted those two gone. Everyone else deserves to be on the tour (if they have one) and in the top 10.

I's sad
bouncey by Ice

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
Sorry for wading in so late..business trip. I had it taped and watched it all last night and I almost cried when Laura and Francis left. That is soooo wrong. I completely agree about the 12 year old girl posse must be voting for Issak..this is soooo wrong. I am sooooooo upset!!!!! And, yes, Leah, youu beotch, please stop doing the fake out for every friggin' person...it is sooooo annoying. Gawd..I am so pissed off right now

Tribe manga'd my mug

11-07-08, 03:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
Maybe I'll e-mail CTV with my displeasure. Although I am sure my e-mail is blacklisted/blocked because of everytime I complained when they moved TAR, or didn't show the final two eps of SYTYCD first season or other bone-headed decisions they made.
Oh, and did anyone catch the tango dancers on Canada AM a few days ago? At least I think they were tango dancers. The camerawork was SOOOOOO bad, DH and I laughed so hard we cried. I think either the camera crew gets paid by the camera shot, or the fired camera crew of DWTS ends up working for CTV. *jots down another thing to complain to CTV about*

11-07-08, 04:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SYTYCD Canada - Top 12 thread "
save your email qwerty. There are fires burning on the CTV message boards already. People are not happy about Lara going, and are blaming a conspiracy! Apparently Natalli and Francis initially drew a dance type other than salsa, and were allowed to switch! Outrage!! Reading deeper (although it would seem many of the posters there don't want to do so) reveals that it was actually Arassay and Nico than instigated the switch, since they drew a dance, salsa, that they had already done.

I must agree with many of the posters there in that I preferred Lara to Natalli. Something just put me off of Natalli. I think it was during the auditions when she had to dance for her life and I found her dance involved a lot of dirty dancing and grinding with the floor. She may have a great body, but that put me off as far as this dance competition.

It is funny to go to another board and read what the peeps have to say. The mood over there feels very different than here!

11-07-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
12. "Group Routine"
whaddya think?

Loved the styling and choreo by Blake, but hated the song choice.
bouncey by Ice

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-08, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Group Routine"
I absolutely adored this choreography. I was coming in here to post just that. I keep rewatching it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •