The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank your favorites among the top 20"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-08, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank your favorites among the top 20"
Okay, my first impression was that nobody totally blew my socks off . . . but I figure that's just a part of it being the first week and people needing to get their feet wet. Also, I'm struck by the sad lack of a HOT GUY like Pascha was last year . . . not to say there aren't cute guys, but except for Mark, well, they all seem so young and Benji-like!

That said, here are my favorites, preferences and least favorites, and why:

1. Katee Shean and Joshua Allen (Hip Hop -- Napoleon and Tabitha) (Danced 8th). They totally surprised me and I think they were my favorite of the night. Loved the part about them being the "criers," and then Josh had to wipe away a tear at the end. Loved the fact that she rebounded from the Vegas Week debacle, and loved the routine and how they danced it. Final touch of the shirt switch brought a tear to my eye. I'm liking these new choreographers!

2. Kherington Payne and Stephen "Twitch" Boss (Broadway -- Tyce Diorio) (6th Dance) -- I loved this routine, and both of their dancing. She jumped out with her beauty and energy, and Twitch impressed me with his versatility and talent. They should go far!

3. Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura (Contemporary -- Mia Michaels) (Danced 5th). Loved her and he might be the cutest guy on the show this season. I wasn't sure that dress showed off her dancing ability as well as a different costume might have, but adored him. So quirky and precise in his movements. A good routine, well performed.

4. Comfort Fedoke and Chris Jarosz (Jive -- Tony Meredith and Melody) (7th) -- I absolutely loved them. Loved her being the hip hop girl who could dance, and thought he partnered her well. I expect them to hang around a while.

5. Chelsea Traille and Thayne Jasperson (Cha Cha -- Tony Meredith and Melody) (4th) They got me dialing the phone (I was watching on tape delay, so by the time I saw it, I could call). I really liked them, she was hot, he was a great partner. I expect good things from them and would be very surprised if they didn't make it past this week.

6. Jessica King and William Wingfield (Tango -- Hunter Johnson) (9th). They were good but ultimately less impressive/memorable than some of the other people who went before them. He may be the annointed of Debbie Allen, and she might be a great dancer, but if they are that good, they need to step it up.

8. Kourtni Lind and Matt Dorame (Jazz -- Mandy Moore) (Danced 3rd) She was one of my favorites going in. Glad they partnered the tall people together. I thought they did well with this routine, but agree it was designed for "little people," i.e. people who are smaller and can make the turns/moves quicker. Hope they make it through.

8. Courtney Galiano and Gev Manoukian (Disco -- Doriana Sanchez) (10th) I so wanted to love these two -- Gev was one of my favorites coming in. I thought Courtney danced her heart out and Gev kept up, but ultimately, it was a boring routine that didn't stand out.

9. Rayven Armijo and Jamie Bayard (Hip Hop -- Napoleon and Tabitha) (Danced 1st) They were good. Didn't like the fact that she referred to her age as a disadvantage. Not sure they will be memorable enough to make it out of the bottom two or three this first week.

10. Susie Garcia and Marquis Cunningham (Smooth Waltz -- Hunter Johnson) (Danced 2nd) Their dance was pretty and seemed well executed. I still can't quite get my mind around her as a dancer, as she strikes me as being a little tawdry, although her dancing tonight was much better than I expected. Ultimately, I don’t think their dance tonight was memorable or stand-out enough to keep them around, compared to everyone else.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... Snidget 06-12-08 1
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... Glow 06-12-08 2
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... Ahtumbreez 06-12-08 3
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... emydi 06-12-08 4
   RE: Rank your favorites among the t... IzzyB68 06-12-08 5
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... SilverStar 06-12-08 6
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... MKitty 06-12-08 7
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... Sagebrush Dan 06-12-08 8
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... citywitch 06-12-08 9
 RE: Rank your favorites among the t... djandy 06-13-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-08, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
The Good
Twitchington
Chelsea and Thayne
Katee and Joshua
Comfort and Chris
Chelsie and Mark.

The almost Good
Rayven and Jamie
Kourtni and Matt

The meh
Susie and Marquis
Jessica and William
Courtney and Gev.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
I thought this was a great first performance night. I thought everybody was good.

1. Katee Shean and Joshua Allen (Hip Hop -- Napoleon and Tabitha) - I loved this routine. I think he's wonderful and adorable and so talented. She surprised me. The shirt switch at the end got me too. Yay for Napoleon and Tabitha! Yay for Joshua and Katee!
2. Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura (Contemporary -- Mia Michaels) - up until the "No Air" (a song I like against my own will) routine, I didn't think this one was going to be beat. I love Mark's quirkiness and Mia always choreographs quirky well. Chelsie was gorgeous. The beginning was hott... when he ran his lips from her forehead to her chest. *fans self*
--space--
3. Kherington Payne and Stephen "Twitch" Boss (Broadway -- Tyce Diorio) - I fell in love with her the minute she started dancing at auditions. I hope that love never dies. Twitch is awesome.
4. Chelsea Traille and Thayne Jasperson (Cha Cha -- Tony Meredith and Melody) - Yay for sexy. How adorable are they!
--bigger space--
5. Kourtni Lind and Matt Dorame (Jazz -- Mandy Moore) - I too think this would have been better with shorter dancers. Mandy should have given that more thought, I think. Kourtni and Matt did really well with what they had to do. The routine was pretty fun and they looked good.
--gap--
6. Jessica King and William Wingfield (Tango -- Hunter Johnson) - He's wonderful.
7. Susie Garcia and Marquis Cunningham (Smooth Waltz -- Hunter Johnson) - I thought they were really pretty and was pleasantly surprised.
--space--
8. Rayven Armijo and Jamie Bayard (Hip Hop -- Napoleon and Tabitha) - I enjoyed this routine. I'm sorry to see it way down here.
9. Courtney Galiano and Gev Manoukian (Disco -- Doriana Sanchez) - again, I didn't think anybody was bad last night. This just wasn't as fun as it could have been.
10. Comfort Fedoke and Chris Jarosz (Jive -- Tony Meredith and Melody) - I thought she came across as pretty unlikable and was way overpraised while her sweet partner was barely given credit for the great job that he did. "Kept up with her"? Give me an effin break.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
1. Chelsie and Mark
2. Chelsea and Thayne
3. Comfort and Chris
4. Twitchington
5. Kourtni and Matt
6. Raven and Jamie
7. Susie and Marquis
8. Katee and Joshua
9. Courtney and Gev
10. Jessica and William

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
Not read anyone's yet, I may be a bit different

1. Josh/Katee or "Joshee" Hip Hop

I loved this routine and Katee really surprised me. Josh I think is my early fave for guys. As for new softer hip hop...it's nice but I like the hard core stuff popping and crumping

2. Chelsea T/Thayne CHa chA

(first aside What happened it was supposed to be Chel/Chris and Comfort/Thayne...personality conflict???)

WOWZIe, She looked awesome...major girl crush!! I love Thayne this is the couple to beat at least for me at least for now

3. "Twitchington" Broadway

WOw Twitch is great, he also got the most applause from the audience at the intros. She was amazing too...she looked like an ostrich tho! I think I'm going to love this couple

4. Kourtni/Matt Jazz

I really liked this number and they looked great. I'm not sure I'm going to be loving Kourtni esp bc Nigel has deemed her "to do well" pimping anyone? Matt meh

5. Will/Jessica Tango

I liked this but did not get all that praise...esp from Mary..no way is this the couple to beat. I thought Will was much better than Jessica...she bothers me

6. Chris/Comfort Jive

This was okay..I'm not lovin Comfort as much as I thought I would and I really do not like Chris...how did this guy get here over BRANDON!!!!!

7. Gev/Courtney Disco

Oh the dread disco...it was ok. I like this couple but unless Gev gets hip hop next week (if he's still here) he may be in early trouble I really like Courtney she's so cute

8. Chelsie T/Matt Contemporary

Ok I did not like this choreo at all...and I don't like Matt at all....Chelsie was good but I don't get the all out cont love of this show

9. Susie/Marquis Smooth Waltz

Ok even though they are at 9 in my list they did a lot better than I thought they would but I do not know about their futures...we'll see

10. Rayven/Jamie Hip Hop

This was a cornball routine and I hated it esp the stupid underwear thing...that being said I really like Rayven I like that she's older and I hope she squeaks out a victory in her solo...as for Jamie...he's a Bencey wannabe UGH! But I think they will keep him around for now bc he's the only "ballroom" guy

Thanks to agman for the great graphics and siggie!

IzzyB68 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-12-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IzzyB68 Click to send private message to IzzyB68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-08 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

1. Joshua & Katee (Hip-Hop) - Really liked them. Katie surprised me and Joshua showed he is good in his style. At the beginning I thought Katee was not doing well, but then she REALLY shined and they really did great together.

2. Twitch & Kherington (Broadway) - Wow, I can't believe how well these two did. I thought they would be a good couple before hand, but Twitch really showed he can do partnering and can keep up in other styles. I really liked the whole thing.

3. Mark and Chelsea H (Contemporary) - I really liked this routine. I thought the dress messed up how beautiful she was dancing, but you can tell she is good. I forgot by the end that she was a ballroom dancer, I thought she was contempary. So I think she is really going to shine. I thought it was a good routine for him.

4. Gev & Courtney G. (Disco) - I thought nigel was wrong. Disco is one of the harder dances to get because it doesn't show off enough, but I thought they did REALLY well with what they had to work with. I really like this couple.

5. Jamie & Rayven (Hip-Hop) - Thought they were OK. Thought it was a little cheesy and I agreed with Dan on that they didn't hit the moves that well.

6. Marquis & Susie (Waltz) - I noticed the lift being off and well this is just not a good style of dance. I thought they were OK, not the worse, but OK. She showed me she is better than I thought, but I don't think she will make it to top 10.

7. Thayne & Chelsea T (Cha Cha) - When they first started dancing, I did not like them. But they seemed to loosen up and they were good towards the end. At first I didn't see smooth transitions, but then they got it.

8. Matt & Kourtni (Jazz) - OK, I didn't think I would like her, I ended up liking her, but wasn't sure of him.

9. William & Jessica (Tango) - I HATED herm she was awful. She kept slipping and didn't seem to have the passion he did. I thought he did well. I wouldn't mind seeing William & Comfort paired together. Since I don't like their partners

10. Comfort & Chris (Jive) - She was great, he was awful. Sure she had her issues, but for a breaker she did amazing.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
1. Joshua/Katee-- Loved this! They were amazing with both the emotion of the routine and all that synchronization. Katee was surprisingly good; she held her own when she had the solo at the beginning. Yay for them!

2. Mark/Chelsie-- Oh Mia, you freak. You really need to keep your bias to yourself (I'm actually surprised that it wasn't Chelsie she was bagging on because Mia usually hates the ballroom dancers) but I can't deny that this routine was awesome. And well danced. That roll along the floor looked so smooth and I loved that lift where she folded up in half and he set her on the floor. Great job.

3. Courtney/Gev-- For a disco routine (blah) I thought this was pretty good. It could be because these guys are two of my favorites, but I was impressed, especially with Courtney. She was working it! I love her.

-gap-

4. Matt/Kourtni-- I really thought this was going to be great and it ended up being only ok. Matt is adorable though.

5. Chelsea/Thayne-- I thought he did a much better job than her, but this was pretty good. Despite the Benji-ish appearance, I am not attracted to him at all. He needs to cut his stupid bangs.

6. Kherington/Twitch-- I don't know why I was so bothered by the fact that he was wearing sneakers, but I was. I didn't think the dancing or choreography was anything special either. It was alright.

7. Comfort/Chris-- Poor Chris. He really outdanced her, but all the attention and praise was heaped onto Comfort. To me, she was very awkward and stiff. Where were all the kicks and flicks in this routine? I didn't see very many, and they weren't sharp enough. It was like Jive-lite to me.

8. Jessica/William-- Oy. I was expecting to love William, but he bugged in this routine. He was trying way too hard to be masculine and strong and he ended up looking goofy, IMO. Not very good.

9. Rayven/Jamie-- I don't even know what to think about this routine. The whole underwear thing really put me off, and I didn't think the routine was that great choreography-wise. I want to see this pair do something else before I make up my mind about them.

10. Susie/Marquis-- *yawwwwwwwwwn* I have seen some beautiful and engaging waltzes on this show. This was not one of them. And that lift was painful to watch. I think this couple is in big trouble.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-12-08, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
Wow...what an opening night!

I have no notes here at work to rank all of them, so I will just put in my two-cent's worth to say I loved Katee and Joshua and I loved Twitchington! I am sooo happy to see contemporary dance again after the also agonizing run of Dancing with the Stars. Sigh. Back in my happy place.

I'll be more prepared next week..had a soccer game for my DS tonight so had to watch it quickly on tape before collapsing into bed!

Greened by Agman

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
The top four are very close for me.

Tied for first:
Katee Shean and Joshua Allen (Hip Hop).
Kherington Payne and Stephen "Twitch" Boss (Broadway)
Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura (Contemporary)

4.Chelsea Traille and Thayne Jasperson (Cha Cha) I loved them the first time around, but Thayne's mugging got really annoying on the second viewing.

5. Comfort Fedoke and Chris Jarosz (Jive)

6. Rayven Armijo and Jamie Bayard (Hip Hop)

7. Jessica King and William Wingfield (Tango).

8. Courtney Galiano and Gev Manoukian (Disco)

9. Susie Garcia and Marquis Cunningham (Smooth Waltz)

10. Kourtni Lind and Matt Dorame (Jazz )

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-12-08, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
LOVED
Chelsie H and Mark: quirky, magical, captivating
Katee and Joshua: unique, moving, well executed
Kourtni and Matt: fun, entertaining
Kherington and Twitch: energetic & entertaining

DIDN'T CARE
Chelsea and Thayne
Comfort and Chris
Rayven and Jamie

DIDN'T LIKE
Susie and Marquis: odd pairing, poor lift
Jessica and William: Like them, but no chemistry, stiff & wobbly
Courtney & Gev: DDD = Death by Doriana's Disco

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-13-08, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank your favorites among the top 20"
1.) Chelsie H. / Mark - Contemp.
2.) Chelsea T. / Thayne - Cha Cha
3.) Katee / Joshua - Hip Hop
4.) Kherington / Twitch - Broadway
5.) Kourtni L. / Matt - Jazz
6.) Comfort / Chris - Jive
7.) Courtney / Gev - Disco
8.) Rayven / Jamie - Hip Hop
9.) Susie / Marquise - Waltz
10.) Jessica / Will - Tango

I really enjoyed the top 4. I would've enjoyed the Jazz more if they hadn't had so much trouble with the props & lift. The Waltz and the Tango were boring AND had mis-steps. R/J's Hip Hop was just boring.

Solos:

Girls:
1.) Rayven - something different and a good trick at the end.
2.) Kourtni L. - nice dancing.
3.) Jessica - she didn't do anything, but she gets a bye because she's Will's partner and they want to keep him.

Rayven was robbed! Jessica should have gone.

Guys:
1.) Will - Would've liked more content, but he had the emotion down.
2.) Matt - Would've liked more content -- I was afraid he was gone.
3.) Jamie - sloppy latin. I would've liked to see his West Coast Swing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •