The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If only... thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-16-07, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If only... thread"
What do you wish had happened differently this season? Here are mine:

More mixing up the couples early on. Some people got "stuck" with a really good/popular or really bad/unpopular partner who significantly influenced their odds of staying on the show. They don't need to draw new partners every week, but it would have been nice to see them do a total reshuffle once or twice during the first half of the season.

Specifically: I really wish we'd gotten to see Hok (YAY!) with someone other than Jaimie (puke!). I know her solos were gorgeous, but I never got the feeling that Jaimie was a very good partner. Plus, every time she opened her mouth, I wanted to throw things at my TV.

In the finale, I really, really, really wish that Danbra had drawn the Viennese Waltz and Sabra/Niel the Lindy Hop. The Danbra ChaCha was OK, but I think their VWaltz would have been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I also think that Sabra's size would have made the many Lindy lifts a bit less awkward (I felt sorry for Niel heaving Lacey around).

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 1
   RE: If only... thread SilverStar 08-16-07 2
       RE: If only... thread JessicaRN 08-16-07 3
           RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 4
               RE: If only... thread dragonflies 08-17-07 14
 RE: If only... thread Sunny_Bunny 08-16-07 5
   RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 6
       RE: If only... thread Sunny_Bunny 08-16-07 7
           RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 8
               RE: If only... thread Sunny_Bunny 08-16-07 9
                   RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 10
                       RE: If only... thread Sunny_Bunny 08-16-07 12
                   RE: If only... thread mattben 08-16-07 13
 RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-16-07 11
 RE: If only... thread Glow 08-17-07 15
 RE: If only... thread punkcookie 08-21-07 16
   RE: If only... thread mysticjay 08-21-07 17
       RE: If only... thread Glow 08-21-07 18
           RE: If only... thread JessicaRN 08-21-07 19
               RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-22-07 20
               RE: If only... thread Magnolia_Rocker 08-23-07 21
       RE: If only... thread Sagebrush Dan 08-23-07 22
           RE: If only... thread MKitty 08-25-07 25
 RE: If only... thread mattben 08-23-07 23
   RE: If only... thread qwertypie 08-23-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-07, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If only... thread"
I like your idea of mixing up the dance partnerships more, earlier on.

Even tho' Neil had to heave Lacey around, I don't think Sabra could have done the parntership steps anywhere near as well as Lacey. The height difference between Sabra and Danny would have been a huge detriment to the routine.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If only... thread"
Plus, I don't think that Lacey is really that much bigger than Sabra. During their dance together, I thought they were pretty much the same size. Lacey might be an inch or two taller and she is a little curvier, but they both looked tiny to me.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-16-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If only... thread"
I wished that the scolding that Nigel gave the choreographers a few weeks ago about holding back based on what they thought about the individual contestants would have happened in the pre-show planning. Although some dancers would have floundered earlier, I think the show got tremendously better after that. Also, maybe rotate Mary in and out also. I forget, has she always been the permanent judge? She definitely favors the ballroom dancers.

08-16-07, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If only... thread"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-07 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

This year is the first time she was a permanent judge. I am glad there is someone advocating for the ballroom dancers as Mia certainly holds them in contempt.

ETA - Oh, and minimum standards -- ie a viennese waltz should be a viennese waltz, rather than the crap spanish thing Toni Redpath tried to do. And the ballroom/latin dances sh ould have a minimum amount of time they are in partnership.
Oh and ban Toni Redpath and Alex da Silva from choreographing

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: If only... thread"
That is my only complaint. When they call a dance a waltz, or a fox trot, or rumba, it should have at least 1/2 the song actually dancing those dances steps. They do it for the other styles, why not the more formal ones!

Tribe danced me!
Thanks again for the siggie Tribe! I loved wearing it!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If only... thread"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-07 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

I would like to see them stop pimping choreographers. The choreographer is important obviously, because when left to their own devices some dancers totally tank in their solos. But why do we have to endure Nigel and Mary stroking and tongue bathing these people after every damned dance? Last night they even did log pan shots of all those choreographers sitting in the audience. Enough already! This is supposed to be about the contestants, not choreographers who have already made it in the business.

I just wanted to add agreement with Qwerty. The dances should be accurate - not some hybrid that disguises a dancers weakness. Partner dances like Pasa Doble, Latin, Tango, waltz -- these dances are designed for partners to actually stay connected. They have to be connected with each other from the eyes right down to the feet. I have never waltzed with someone and suddenly busted out to do a dancers version of a drum solo. Cut it out, and do the dance the way it is supposed to be done!

Dancers who sign up for this show should know that they are going to have to learn new styles, that's part of the process.

08-16-07, 07:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: If only... thread"
have never waltzed with someone and suddenly busted out to do a dancers version of a drum solo.

*giggle* Oh the visual I now have!

08-16-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If only... thread"
How about this for the newest "fad" for wedding receptions:

Bride and groom in traditional wedding garb, take the floor for their first dance. It's a lovely waltz, where they one - two - three and glide across the floor. Suddenly, they separate, look lovingly at each other and join their families, each on opposite sides of the dance floor, and...

let the wedding krump begin!

On the other hand, any animosity between inlaws might just get out in the open and taken care of before the newlyweds leave for their honeymoon...

08-16-07, 07:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: If only... thread"
Interesting. But isn't the first dance about showing off the Dress?

08-16-07, 07:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: If only... thread"
Well... yes.

But in this new "improved" way of dancing wherein the dance does not follow the guidelines, but assimilates other styles, it becomes more than just a fashion statement, it becomes a social statement as well.

08-16-07, 08:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: If only... thread"
Ahhh, so the social statement would be an alien hooker undead fox cubs battling for domination so they could dance with their dead dad in heaven.

Gotcha!

08-16-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: If only... thread"
Smooch!

Yeah, what you just said.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-16-07, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If only... thread"
My social statement would be to only pee on the south side of trees, to be eco-friendly to the moss on the north side.

08-16-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: If only... thread"
Ban the phrase "America got it wrong."

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: If only... thread"
If only somebody I vote for would win something at some point.
*siiiiiiiiiigh*

Syren outdid herself with this one.

punkcookie 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-07, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail punkcookie Click to send private message to punkcookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If only... thread"
If only Cedric had been cut in the first week. He totally screwed over his partners...

mysticjay 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-21-07, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticjay Click to send private message to mysticjay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If only... thread"
I'd like to see them announce the winner with more time in the show. There is no pay off for the viewers, no chance to enjoy the momen. We get the winner announced, then confetti flies as the credits roll!

Everyone but the top 2 get a "greatest moments" clip and some face time.

I'd have loved to see a Danny's greatest moments, and then a really nice long montage of Sabra's greatest moments. Let her say something to the judges and the audience, like everyone else gets to do!!!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: If only... thread"
I like this idea very much. I guess I never gave it much thought... the top two not getting the clips, that is. You're absolutely right though.

And welcome to the boards, btw.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-21-07, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If only... thread"
I like this idea also. But they may have had to cut Nigel and Cat "dancing together", so what is really more important???

08-22-07, 11:44 PM (EST)
20. "RE: If only... thread"
*giggle*

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-23-07, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: If only... thread"
OMGod that was so retarded. I had to physically restrain myself from throwing something at the TV during that skit.

A Sharnina Creation

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: If only... thread"
Yeah, I felt cheated at the end, too. Sabra should have had about five minutes of it, and we could enjoy it with her, too.

I agree with a lot of the above statements, especially on the point of making the dances harder earlier on, and actually paying attention to the rules of the dance. They need the judge from DWTS that is always harping on that.

Also, try dressing the dancers in something other than black. Yeah, I know, there were plenty of exceptions, but I really got tired of black clothes and dreary sets.

And shoot Nigel and Whats-her-name for that awful awful awful awful awful awful awful "dance" they did together. Give that time to Sabra, you jerks!

Transcribed by Sharnina

More wagging, less barking.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-25-07, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: If only... thread"
I totally agree. I just watched it on tape last night as I was on holiday...and was really cheezed off that I we didn't get to hear Sabra talk or anything..and what about Danny??? just shoved off with no thank you as well? Too weird..they definately need to fix that. Somebody should write to the show and suggest that one for sure!!

I also wish they had been able to switch partners more frequently in the beginning as good dancers wouldn't always get stuck with the same bad partner for week after week.

Welcome back Dan!

*Sandcastles courtesy of Agman*

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-23-07, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: If only... thread"
I had a dream last night about being in a sort of Dance bootcamp.

08-23-07, 08:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: If only... thread"
I had a dream that I was trying to teach Phil Keoghan the proper way to do Argentine Tango and he kept trying to cop a feel. And I was getting really annoyed with him and smacking his hands. *shakes head in disbelief*. My dream self is an idiot.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •