The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings Top 18"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-21-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings Top 18"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-07 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

YOu know what to do...

1. Danny and Anya...HOLY KABOLI!! He is absolutely amazing..I think he is actually a better technical dancer than Travi...he doesn't yet have the appeal but he's getting there.. Dan said Dom is having an awakening I think Danny is having one too....not a touch of arrogance in him. That twirl was absofreakingly great!! The only negative I had is that Faina had a similar dress as Anya (hot pink) and Faina looks better in the costumes...because ANya was after Faina it was distracting to me...they should compare notes...

2. Sabra and Dominic--I think you're whack tribey..I don't think they will be in the bottom 3. That was great and Dom did very well imo. I think the Dom pimping by the judges and the fake tears by Dom *cute* and them being in the bottom 3 last week will keep them safe. I know I voted for them (and Danny and Anya). Sabra...she's my sleeper and new favorite...

3. Pasha/Jessi--I loved this choreo and they both looked so hot. Pasha surprised me with his fluidity. I threw them a few votes too

The next two were close

4. Jimmy/Shauna--I put them up here bc they really surprised me. Not only did they have the best costumes...We should all get the Tshirts and hoodies!!... but they both did very well outside their genre.

5. Lacey/Kam--she looked great loved the stockings and he wowed me with the flip (my ? was he supposed to do another one at end and just messed up and did a somersault...check it out again...the somersault looked so lame there so I think it was a cover) Mia is right about them not be pizzazzy enough...I really think Kam is this year's Donyelle....

The next three were close for me too

6. Faina and Cedric--Cedric looked nervous but I think he did ok. Faina was amazing and looked great. I think the judges were too tough on Cedric.

7. Jaimie/Hok--Hok amazed me. He looked great. I don't know what a samba is supposed to look like but I think they did ok

8. Jesus and Sara--I really hated that song..wtf it was sooooo distracting and I didn't think the dance was all that. Mia was right it was awkward all the way around.

9. Neil/Lauren--I know this probably puts me in the minority but I did not like this. I expected them to be so much better than J/sh and they were not. AND WTF was Lauren wearing? (do they have some controL???) I thought it was completely wrong for hip hop. I thought Neil was soooo much better than Lauren here. but don't worry everyone...she will be safe...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings Top 18 SilverStar 06-21-07 1
 RE: Rankings Top 18 Breezy 06-21-07 2
   RE: Rankings Top 18 Sagebrush Dan 06-21-07 6
       RE: Rankings Top 18 Breezy 06-21-07 8
 RE: Rankings Top 18 Magnolia_Rocker 06-21-07 3
 RE: Rankings Top 18 djandy 06-21-07 4
 RE: Rankings Top 18 Sagebrush Dan 06-21-07 5
 Here's THE best couple, bar none... Sagebrush Dan 06-21-07 7
 RE: Rankings Top 18 CTgirl 06-21-07 9
 RE: Rankings Top 18 tribephyl 06-21-07 10
 RE: Rankings Top 18 Glow 06-21-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
As I just said in the should go/will go thread, I don't think any of the couples as a whole were bad last night. Only a few individuals. And I think most of the dances were good, but none were outstanding. Anyway...

1. Jessi/Pasha -- Really surprised that Pasha did so well. I thought this was great.

2. Jesus/Sara -- I think I'm in the minority of liking the music for this. I like when they mix things up. Jesus was awesome! He really captured the style and attitude of the Paso.

3. Dominic/Sabra -- Very cool choreo. Dom pulled it off much better than I thought he would. I hope he sticks around a while longer.

4. Anya/Danny -- I'm not as in love with them as the judges (or Dan) but they did do a nice job. No ballroom for them next week, please!

5. Lacey/Kameron -- It pains me to put my KamKam this low. I think they danced it well, but it could have been more exciting.

6. Shauna/Jimmy -- Again, they danced it well, but it needed more oomph! or something.

7. Hok/Jamie -- She did good, he could've done better.

8. Lauren/Neil -- Lauren kind of ruined this routine. From her ridiculous outfit (I know, out of her control) to her subpar dancing and cheesy grin. Neil was good though.

9. Cedric/Faina -- Oh, Cedric. I think it's time for you to go. Faina carried this dance. It could've been so much worse, but it still wasn't good.

Flashy moves by Tribe!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
There's way too many to remember! I liked most of them.

My bottom would be Jesus/Sara, wrong music and wrong dance. Isn't the Paso supposed to be the bull fighter dance? I saw no swishing cape! No bull charging! No nothing. Get back to the basics please.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
You have to not have a life, record it, rewatch the recording several times, and take extensive notes.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
Darn life is always getting in the way.

I do have to say I was very impressed with the quality of dancers this year.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-21-07, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
This season is freaking fantastic!!!

1. Jessi/Pasha - I just love the African inspired numbers!!! These two have great chemistry and look hot, hot, hot together. They both blew me away for this one.

2. Sabra/D'Trix - Wow Dom, you go boy! Of course Sabra did well, this is her thing. Dominic went full tilt and it paid off spectacularly!! What a jump up from last week. That's the way to come back swinging you two.

3. Lacey-Kameron - OMG, I love Chicago. I thought they did a great job on this. They both looked super hot and I agree that they are the sexiest couple on the show. They just oozed last night and it was such a treat to watch.

4. Anya/Danny - I thought this was well done but I think Jessi & Pasha's waltz last week was much better. I do agree with Mia that Danny's hands are a character all their own. Beautiful to watch. Anya??...meh.

5. Sara/Jesus - I thought he looked and danced the part but she didn't do it all for me. I'm not going to give her the props of being out of her element since she has said she has studied a lot of different types of dance and moved soley to B-Boying just the last few years. I think she should have done better.

6. Shauna/Jimmy - She blew this away. I don't get where Mia said it was dance schoolish...huh? Also, am I the only one that thinks Jimmy's upper body movements are way to feminine? That distracted me last night. I don't mind a girly man but in a dance like this the male needs a lot of testosterone showing.

7. Jaime/Hok - I think he did great being so far away from his style but she just seemed way to "jiggly" to me. Sexy yes, hoochie no and I got lots of hoochie vibes. I'm sure they'll be fine another week though and be back to wow me again next Wednesday.

8. Lauren/Neil - Placed here because of Lauren. Eww, ick. I expected her to really rock this out and she didn't. I got the same feeling this week as I did last week from her, she's not sharp enough. It seems like a bit of hesitation in both her performances to me so far. Neil otoh totally blew me away. I thought he did a great job and its unfortunate that Lauren brought him down. STFU judges, she's not all that.

9. Faina/Cedric - Once again a couple that is placed due to one partner and that partner is Cedric. Faina of course looked and danced beautifully since this is her style. Cedric looked so awkward in this number. I really hope he's in the bottom and they don't let him slide again due to his solo. The boy needs to learn to partner for this competition.

Rockin’ the dance moves thanks to Tribey

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-21-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
1.) Jessi/Pasha - I was really impressed with Pasha's versatility, and Jessi totally got into the bird character.
2.) Sabra/Dominic - Dominic can dance other styles? He might actually stay in this competition.
3.) Lacey/Kam - I also love Chicago, and thought it was fun.
4.) Danny/Anya - I thought Jessi/Pasha's waltz last week was better. Danny's legs that look like a skinny, sharpened pencil when he points his toes is still distracting to me.
5.) Sara/Jesus - Great classical Paso dance moves. The music wasn't their choice or fault.
6.) Lauren/Neil - Here due to Neil's gymnastics moves, because Lauren wasn't that great. Lauren is the most over-hyped dancer -- I just don't see what the judges are so in awe about.
7.) Shauna/Jimmy - Just okay.
8.) Jaimie/Hok - Not enough extension and basic samba steps. They really struggled with this dance.
9.) Faina/Cedric - Cedric has zero partnering skills. Cedric needs to go so Faina has a chance with a better partner.

djandy

06-21-07, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-07 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

1. Danny and Anya: These two are the surprise couple for me. Danny especially. They are continuing to improve.

2. Pasha and Jessi: Pasha started at 18? Holy cow. These two were smoking last night. These two will also continue to improve

3. Jimmy and Shauna: Jimmy was amazing. In spite of his amazingness, I ended up watching Shauna. I'm not sure if it was because of her charisma, her hair, or what. Jimmy outdanced her, but she was a delight. This thing was just simply fun, and the two of them pulled it off and made it so.

4. Sabra and Dominic: These are here because they are also continuing to get better. Dominic is delightfully vulnerable and maleable, which will defintely help him in the long run. These two may not get the lifespan they deserve in this competition.

5. Lacey and Kam: I was not crazy about the dance, and even less crazy about Kam. I'm not sure I'd call him this year's Donyelle, because Donyelle wasn't an impediment to Benji. I believe Kam is an impediment to Lacey. There is magic between the two, but he is not as good as she is and it is already beginning to show.

6. Jesus and Sara: I couldn't tell if the dancing was good because the song was so completely wrong. I didn't realize until this dance how important a song is to a routine.

7. Faina and Cedric: Faina is good, and would have really shined last year. But, the other women are better this year. I like her passion. I just can't get myself to like Cedric.

8. Jaimie and Hok: Hok has charisma and charm, but he didn't do anything but clunk around last night. I don't know if it was him, but I didn't think Jaimie was much better. Would liked to have seen a samba.

9. Neil and Lauren: Neil was quite good, but Lauren simply has not lived up to her potential. I thought she was a knockout in the tryouts, but she has fizzled so far in the competition, IMHO.

06-21-07, 03:02 PM (EST)
7. "Here's THE best couple, bar none..."

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
The guys really rocked this week. I didn’t love or hate any of the performances – these were all pretty close for me:

1. Dominic and Sabra – Sabra really impressed me especially since last week I thought she lacked star power. She was fabulous, but she was also great because Dominic was there for her. Great connection and timing between these two. They could be sleepers…

2. Pasha and Jessi – Jessi was good, but my eyes were on Pasha. He stole the stage and really got into it. I think he can dance almost any style. He's becoming one of my favorites

3. Danny and Anya – That waltz was sensuous. Danny has beautiful hands! He’s another guy who is growing on me.

4. Sara and Jesus – Queen and the Paso Doble: that was a unique combo and I liked it. Jesus especially got into the part. I thought all those odd camera angles was even more distracting than the music versus choreography.

5. Neil and Lauren – Neil really brought it up a notch (and like Pasha outshone his partner). Come on girl, I have you ranked high, you gotta start bringing it!

6. Lacey and Kameron – Good, not great. Love them, love their chemistry, but it lacked pizzazz and needed a little more something.

7. Jaimie and Hok – it wasn’t samba-enough for me, where was all the hip action you expect?! It was a good performance tho.

8. Jimmy and Shauna – It was too bouncy and perky for what I thought it would be. Jimmy has great lines but I see him doing musical theatre with his huge arm movements (so the back of the theatre can see him!) IMO, Shauna is the weakest girl left.

9. Cedric and Faina – That wasn’t up to everyone else’s level. They have no chemistry together and Cedric was obviously uncomfortable partnering. Cedric had moments where he looked great, but I don’t see him improving quickly enough. Faina leaves me cold, but I would like to see her dance with someone else before getting the boot.

Spotlighted by Tribe

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
Okay. Obviously some folks have lost their cotton-pickin' minds.
So...I've decided to rewatch all of the dances to see if either I was wrong in my first assumption or they are indeed whack.

This time I did a points system. From 1 to 5 in three categories; Partnership Chemistry, Dance Technique and Overall Emotion(Believability).

First up...Neil and Lauren.
Neil was the big suprise for me. I expected him to be all flowy and precise (and a little bit cheerleadery) but he really got into it. Outdoing Lauren in style and attitude.
As partners, what they lacked in technique they more then made up for in emotion. And Chemistry? One of the more believable couples, for sure.
Chem: 4, Tech: 4, Emo: 5. Score: 13

Then came Pasha and Jessie.
Kind of distracting only in that the BF was sure that they were bad, I did not agree (and thankfully neither did the judges. So the BF had to alter his perception to match ours.).
Upon subsequent viewings I'd even say this was the best routine of the night. Their Chemistry is HOT HOT HOT! Their technique was spot on and their emotion/beleivability was way up there.
Chem: 5, Tech: 5 Emo: 4. Score: 14

Next up Hok and Jaimie. Ugh. Well not complete ugh, but in comparison to the first two acts, it fell behind them for sure.
BUT, what they lacked in Technique and Chemistry, they made up for in Emotion. Because even though the steps weren't right on, they made you believe they were.
Chem: 4, Tech: 3, Emo: 5. Score: 12

Dom and Sabra... This was a real ugh. Instantly replacing any feelings of UGH I got from watching Hok/Jaimie.
Dom certainly stepped it up, but it was not enough to help Sabra. And that makes it impossible to give him high marks for partnering.
Chem: 3, Tech: 4, Emo: 2. Score: 9

Cedric and Faina. Foxtrot. Disaster. Okay, well not as bad as I had predicted they'd do, but Cedric wasn't doing any favors to Faina by being her partner.
Chem: 3, Tech: 4, Emo: 3. Score: 10

Kam and Lace. Yowza! Hot Hot Hot! Lacey is absolutely amazing!
Again, I had problems with Kam's performance. Compared to his partner, he just isn't as polished and believable as she is. All knocks in scores were due to him.
Chem: 5, Tech: 4, Emo: 5. Score 14

Danny and Anya. Again! Wow! Technically they did a flawless routine. Totally believable, however, I still get the feeling that danny would rather be doing this all solo. So their Chemistry get's a knocked down a smidge.
Chem: 4, Tech: 5, Emo: 5. Score 14

Jimmy and Shauna. These two don't seem to like each other at all.
Not that they're fighting at every moment, but their routines suffer because neither one of them cares to look at each other. To share in the dance and to make sure they look good as a duo.
Chem: 3, Tech: 5, Emo: 3. Score: 11

Finally...Jesus and Sara.
Ummm... I can't think. That song. It absolutely ruined what could have been a pretty darned good routine. You need to be able to "feel" the music. And when the music is "screaming" at you it can throw you off.
In fact it was so distracting I dare not even get myself into trouble by scoring them. Perhaps this was a planned stunt insuring they don't get passed this round, but I feel as if they deserve another chance to do it right.
I feel confident in saying they weren't the best couple. But they certainly weren't the worst either. At least I think they weren't the worst. It was too hard to tell.
What wasn't hard to tell was that the music was working to the detriment of the believability of the dancing couple.
For instance, even though Jesus was really throwing himself into the part of Rock&Roll Matador, his angles were just not as strong and masculine (and correct) as I've seen them done before. Even by other dancers on this show. And Sara, admittedly, was shaky on heels.
(In my book this disqualifies them from winning this contest right here and now. But I'm blaming most of it on the music.)
Chem: ?, Tech: 3, Emo: ?. Score ?

That makes my Top3: Pasha/Jessie, Kam/Lacey and Danny/Anya.
And my Bottom3: Jimmy/Shauna, Cedric/Faina, Dom/Sabra.
(possibly including Jesus/Sara. Mostly due to an odd choice in music.)

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-07, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings Top 18"
Just watched last night's show.

1. Anya/Danny
2. Jessi/Pasha
3. Lacey/Kam
4. Sabra/Dom
5. Jaimie/Hot
6. Sara/Jesus
7. Lauren/Neil (he was great. Her? not so much.)
8. Shauna/Jimmy
9. Faina/Cedric (she was gorgeous. Him? not so much.)

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •