The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Auditions: 2010."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-10, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Auditions: 2010."
Things to keep in mind:

1. While novelty and shock value acts may go through to the second round, the producers are ultimately looking for something that can stay on stage for one hour, five nights a week. So singers must have endurance, dance acts need multiple routines, comedians had better have long sets, and magicians require more than a few tricks up their sleeves. Anyone whose performance can't reach sixty minutes without repeats is going to be cut before reaching the public vote.

2. Acts consisting of a lot of people have to split the prize money between themselves. Given the living expenses involved in a Las Vegas existence plus taxes, anything with twenty or more participants will wind up paying for the honor of being on stage. Big group acts may be removed at the sorting stage just to save them from bankruptcy.

3. America, as a voting pool, does not have an impressive record when it comes to picking out talent.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Auditions: 2010. KoalaChick 06-02-10 1
   RE: Auditions: 2010. Estee 06-02-10 2
       RE: Auditions: 2010. mindy23 06-03-10 3
           RE: Auditions: 2010. jbug 06-03-10 4
               RE:Oh yes-that impersonator! mindy23 06-04-10 5
 RE: Auditions: 2010. susang 06-08-10 6
   RE: Auditions: 2010. mindy23 06-09-10 7
       RE: Auditions: 2010. dabo 06-10-10 10
 RE: Auditions: 2010. Max Headroom 06-09-10 8
   RE: Auditions: 2010. mindy23 06-10-10 9
   RE: Auditions: 2010. syren 06-16-10 11
       RE: Auditions: 2010. mindy23 06-16-10 12
           RE: Last night... mindy23 06-16-10 13
               RE: Last night... dabo 06-16-10 14
   RE: Auditions: 2010. Glow 06-16-10 15
       RE: Auditions: 2010. toad8098 06-30-10 16
 I like Howie as a judge. Max Headroom 07-01-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-10 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

Note about the million dollar prize...it's paid out over 20 years. Do the math, those large groups won't have much to show for their piece of the prize!

Please, no more acts where I have to cover my eyes...i.e. stapling things to your forehead. Really???

ETA: Sorry, that's paid out over FORTY years.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-10, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-10 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

Seriously? Let's see: that's an income of $25,000 a year, and you should pay the percentage on that instead of 'We divided what income tax on a million would be by forty: fork it over'...

...and unless the prize includes food & board from the hotel you're performing at, you still might not be able to afford to live in the city long enough to fulfill your one-year contract. And that's for a single winner. Group acts can be found begging in the street.

Idol must be so jealous.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-03-10, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
Well, I have to tell you, my first impressions of the seasons are this:

First of all, is this the Howie Mandell/Nick Cannon show? Seems they are getting way more air time than any of the other judges, and even most of the contestants. And I have to say, Nick Cannon is just not my cup of tea, or coffee, either, for that matter. He mostly sucks. Howie, at least is funny.

Secondly, yes, we are back to stapling things on the breast, forehead, etc, and even burning up our genitals, if you will...where the heck did THAT guy come from, and please, someone watch where he goes! Spooky!

Thirdly, how can someone who dances 'burlesque' or dances anything on a daily basis stay so (excuse the phrasing) 'chunky'? and WHAT THE HECK is intriguing about that? I'd rather see a dozen dogs jump and bark than watch a morbidly obese woman do a lap dance for Piers just so she can get a free ticket to Vegas. Looks like Travelocity ran a giant sale this summer, eh?

We all know that this is the place to come to show off anything and everything, and that is what is so exciting about it. And it gives the summer that jolt after the let down of the Idol finale, the TAR finale, and Survivor's fiasco. But watching someone drill a circular whatever through his nostrils, and his partner (somehow this is a 'love story??) stick a 12" needle through her cheek, is just not entertaining to me.

I'd rather have a nice ice cream sundae by the pool. But sadly, the men love it. And boy, did they love the lightening striking again and again, too! My problem with that is, what happens if the grounding somehow gets un-grounded?? Thus all the 'electrical engineers' on board?? I dunno. They sure as heck were not musicians!

Anyway, that is my stand at this point. Dallas is full of Texas-sized freaks; L.A. is, well, California, and we must wait to see what else will crawl out from under the canvas. But I did love the little 'Future Funk' dudes-they were cute as a button, and the 11 year old Rapper could go far, especially with his 25 year old attitude!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
I missed most of the first half of last night but.....

Here we go again.
They question how the 72 yr old guy could keep up a show dancing for an hour.
But they don't question how CatGirl can sustain a show wiggling her a$$ while slapping a little paint on a piece of plexiglass. They didn't even bother to ask her if she can paint anything other than her own self portrait.... oh well.

And the impersonator from India? Really? didn't even ask if he did any others? Piers was right on that one.

06-04-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE:Oh yes-that impersonator!"
Totally forgot about him, because, afterall, he WAS forgetable! How in the HECK did he get through?? So he was funny for 90 seconds, but will anyone in their right mind PAY to see him in a show?

Nah, didn't think so....

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-08-10, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
As a rule, I don't like large group acts.

Doesn't matter if they are dancers, martial artists, acrobats, etc.

IMO, less is more.

When there are too many people, the stage appears "overloaded."

06-09-10, 09:43 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
I think most people enjoyed the (what were their names??) group who performed with the lights out...THAT was unusual. And even the man with the fire. He was good, but a bit scary. Will he have more to offer next time? Adding the magicians touch to it gave it a little more sparkle.

But I don't care for Cabaret acts. I guess Vegas' goers do, since there are plenty of those. They seem to get through quite easily enough, don't they. Just show some cleavage, and you have Howie at your beck and call!

Funny man at the end wasn't so funny for me. Big deal, so he heckled the crowd. Can you do THAT for an hour at $50/ticket? NOT!

Oh well. There will be more to come, folks. And we haven't even gotten to the musical auditions yet. We KNOW that there will be hundreds of those, with at least 20 going through, right?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
But he didn't get to tell his jokes!

Well, the eagle joke, but that wasn't funny. If that's an indication of what he's got he should stick to performing for a room full of drunks.

He did pretty good handling the hecklers, but if getting in the moment is what it's about they should have taken the father/son singing act, they were really into it.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
Let's face it, a singer will win this show. Again. Season after season, good non-singing acts like Recycled Percussion and Nuttin' but Stringz make it far, but the vast majority of the top 10 acts are always singers, and America always ends up picking a singer for the winner.

Past winners:
2006 Bianca Ryan - singer
2007 Terry Fator - voice act/ventriloquist/singer
2008 Neal E. Boyd - singer
2009 Kevin Skinner - singer

Anyone besides me see a theme here??

06-10-10, 11:09 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
Definitely see TWO themes here. American picks singers. Singers are never heard from again....

Well, unless you count Terry Fator, who is actually a ventriloquist first. HE was the only non-singer act to be picked who actually is still playing on the Vegas strip.

So very sad. We get this show mixed up with AI, maybe because it falls right on the heels of the finale? I dunno...

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
I always have said that singers should not be on the show. However, I broke that rule of mine with Kevin Skinner. When he won last year, I admit I teared up and cheered him on.

06-16-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
>I always have said that singers
>should not be on the
>show. However, I broke that
>rule of mine with Kevin
>Skinner. When he won last
>year, I admit I teared
>up and cheered him on.
>
>
I liked the guy, too. Didn't vote for him, or anyone else. BUT, the thing is: Did he get a show in Vegas? I haven't heard...

06-16-10, 11:46 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Last night..."
Another insane case of judging. I know that Sharon does NOT like putting through children. She has a hard-set, down to the line attitude that children under the age of, I don't know, 16 or so, should NOT be in the business.

BUT, they put through that crummy 'non-magician' who wasn't even remotely funny, and turned down the 10 year old who blew the audience away? WHAT is that about? Maybe they really ARE trying to step away from the idea of a singing contest again this year.

However, the mother of what's-her-name, "Precious" was incredible, and definitely deserved to go on! She deserves a recording contract/broadway show, whatever. And whether she wins or not, will surely be seen again.

There are just some things that I shake my head at and wonder about when it comes to this show. But I have to say, it's mostly mindless entertainment. And that's ok for the hot summers in Arizona.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-10, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Last night..."
I thought the magician was okay, it was really a comedy routine. I've seen that sort of thing before, though, and much better done. Carl Ballantine was the best.

The kid had talent, should have gone on. She needs a lot of work and practice, though. Much better than the old lady who got voted through at the top of the show.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-10, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-10 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

Recyled Percussion!!! Thank you. That has been driving me insane. I really liked them.

There was a singer on the first (I think) audition show this season. I thought he was pretty great. I don't remember his name now though.

ETA: Michael Grimm!!

toad8098 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-30-10, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Auditions: 2010."
I think they should just end the competition now and name Michael Grimm the winner. He's the best singer and no other act has come close.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-10, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I like Howie as a judge."
Huge improvement over David Hasselhoff.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •