The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am SO confused...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-08-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am SO confused...."
which is not unusual, at all. But, what is the deal with auditioning all over the states, going to Vegas, then to Hollywood (or home), then BACK to Vegas??

I can barely afford a cheap flight on Southwest these days, with peanuts and pretzels, or a $6.00 cheese lunch special, and these guys are flying hundreds of yahoos all over the country?

Oh, and don't even get me started on the red-headed, apple-faced lady with the keyboard....holy heck. Since Howie became a judge, all reasoning has gone through the roof, out the door, up the wazoo, whatever.

This show has become a travesty, a disaster, and an American Nightmare. I think Tim Burton should base his next movie on just this, and include the Hasslehoff, while he's at it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am SO confused.... realworld10 07-09-10 1
   RE: I am SO confused.... mindy23 07-10-10 2
       RE: I am SO confused.... Snidget 07-11-10 4
 It is how all the other similar pro... Snidget 07-11-10 3
   RE: It is how all the other similar... mindy23 07-12-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realworld10 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-09-10, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realworld10 Click to send private message to realworld10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am SO confused...."
And the magician/comedian was just lame.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-10-10, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I am SO confused...."
Tell me about it!! Holding an audience for 2 hours? I think not! Not to mention that 'impersonator' dude who impersonates NO ONE?? What the heck are they thinking? Sure they are nice people, but why are they wasting money on this?

I have to 100% agree with Piers that this is a total waste of time and money to even listen to these people in the first place. I am willing to bet that not even 10% of the voters on this show will think these lame acts are worth putting through, once it gets into their hands.

Ridiculous doesn't even describe it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-11-10, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I am SO confused...."
Some acts make it on because they are so good people will talk about them.

Some acts make it on because they are so bad people will talk about how they can't believe how bad they are and why did they even have them on.

As long as people are talking about the show that is all they care about.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-11-10, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It is how all the other similar programs do it"
There are several rounds of auditions.

1. Open call. Anyone can show up, you pay to go to the audition yourself, but they have them in various locations. There are usually a couple rounds of local call backs then they send the celebrity judges out to the city to see the people the producers want to be on the show and/or want for the shock value (so bad they are entertaining in some way)

They do them in several cities so you can see people in different parts of the country as you pay to go to the initial audition.

2. Call backs all in one city somewhere. Usually where they get cut down to the number of people that America will vote for.

Not sure why Vegas is more confusing than Hollywood. AI does this round and the voting rounds in the same city. SYTYCD does this in Vegas as well but then does the voting rounds in Hollywood.

This part could be done in any city and I think the show pays to fly people out there. You do know the show gets like $100,000 dollars per 30 second commercial slot (may be more as this is a popular show, would be less if it is was not getting the ratings) so the commercials for even one or two breaks probably covers all the plane tickets.

This is also where all the legal carp that needs to be done before they put you in the voting rounds has to be done.

3. Semi-final Live America Votes rounds (may be some subset of the contestants each week). Usually done in Hollywood, probably because the stuff to do the live shows is all there already and it makes more sense to pay to bring the contestants there than to pay to bring the whole live studio and all the people it takes to run it so some other city.

4. Final Live America Votes Rounds (not sure when AGT goes back to Vegas rather than in Hollywood...is it only after they win or is the finale done there just because, well, that is where their show will be). Could also be anywhere, but they bring the contestants there.

I also suspect a TV show like AGT gets really good rates on the tickets because they can make a deal ahead of time saying we are going to buy several hundred tickets, and it may be good to be the airline of ______________.

I don't see how this is so different from any other similar talent type show that it is confusing?

Or maybe I don't understand what is confusing you.

07-12-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: It is how all the other similar programs do it"
I get it now, Snidge. Thanks for clearing that up. I never really saw the 'back and forth' work on AI, because, well, they don't do that. Once they are chosen from wherever they audition, they go straight to Hollywood and stay or go home.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •