The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

imamrs 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imamrs Click to send private message to imamrs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
The more and more I watch the show I think that some of the women have issues to big for the SO house to deal with.

The severe childhood abuse that Kim suffered, the loss of a child, cancer, just to name a few. I just think the enviroment leads to more problems for these women. Maybe Kim is drinking because she trying to move past her childhood issues in a very non-supportive house. Bethany, whew, that is a tough one. I personally would not like to grieve the loss of my child on television.

Maybe I am wrong. But, I fear that the SO is not helping these women as much as just putting a band-aide on the situation.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Issues too big for the SO house... frittslpn1 04-08-06 1
 RE: Issues too big for the SO house... horsewhisperer 04-08-06 2
 RE: Issues too big for the SO house... susang 04-10-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frittslpn1 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frittslpn1 Click to send private message to frittslpn1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
I agree with you, but for some of these people, it is probably the only way they can get help. Going to a therapist is very expensive and not everyone has insurance to cover it. Even with a co-pay, the price runs up quickly. I really feel that SO does more good than harm. I almost always come away with something that I can apply to my own life each week. JMHO
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
I completely agree, imamrs, as well intended as the LC's, could be or should be, they are not therapists. I wonder how many of the HM's have had actual psychotherapy prior to going to the SO house.
True therapy can be expensive, but most communities do offer free or low cost psychological services.
I just hope the LC"s return to the nurturing, supportive and compassionate guides they were at the start of SO, because that's what most of the HG's (esp. Bethany) is
gonna need.
Dana

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
IMO, abuse and addiction are issues which perhaps should be dealt with in therapy, rather than on national TV.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •