URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1350
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Issues too big for the SO house to handle"

Posted by imamrs on 04-08-06 at 11:10 AM
The more and more I watch the show I think that some of the women have issues to big for the SO house to deal with.

The severe childhood abuse that Kim suffered, the loss of a child, cancer, just to name a few. I just think the enviroment leads to more problems for these women. Maybe Kim is drinking because she trying to move past her childhood issues in a very non-supportive house. Bethany, whew, that is a tough one. I personally would not like to grieve the loss of my child on television.

Maybe I am wrong. But, I fear that the SO is not helping these women as much as just putting a band-aide on the situation.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Issues too big for the SO house to handle"
Posted by frittslpn1 on 04-08-06 at 04:39 PM
I agree with you, but for some of these people, it is probably the only way they can get help. Going to a therapist is very expensive and not everyone has insurance to cover it. Even with a co-pay, the price runs up quickly. I really feel that SO does more good than harm. I almost always come away with something that I can apply to my own life each week. JMHO

Posted by horsewhisperer on 04-08-06 at 06:01 PM
I completely agree, imamrs, as well intended as the LC's, could be or should be, they are not therapists. I wonder how many of the HM's have had actual psychotherapy prior to going to the SO house.
True therapy can be expensive, but most communities do offer free or low cost psychological services.
I just hope the LC"s return to the nurturing, supportive and compassionate guides they were at the start of SO, because that's what most of the HG's (esp. Bethany) is
gonna need.
Dana

Posted by susang on 04-10-06 at 12:23 PM
IMO, abuse and addiction are issues which perhaps should be dealt with in therapy, rather than on national TV.