The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Michael's "grandparents" comment "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dms666 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Michael's "grandparents" comment "
Hi all,

We are trying to figure out why Michael made the joke about asking Eric how his grandparents died. It was such an odd thing to say! Did we miss something?

Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... Tahj 07-25-05 1
   RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... ginger 07-25-05 2
       RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... dms666 07-25-05 3
           RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... WaterDrop 07-25-05 4
 RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... SpoonStruck 07-30-05 5
   RE: Michael's "grandparents" commen... okaychatt 07-30-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-25-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
Yeah, me too. At the time I thought they may have died in a fire and Michael was making a cruel joke about it since Eric is a fireman. But I really don't know.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
I'd like to know, too. And does he think Michael said something other than the "leprachauns" comment about Eric's family, because, really, that's not all that insulting, is it?

Perhaps we'll be treated to an explanation if the gods are kind and Eric gets ejected this week.

dms666 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-25-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
My wife and I were equally puzzled by Michael's odd comment, until we took into account that Eric may be jewish. Here's our line of reasoning...Eric's last name is Littmann. If Eric is jewish and Michael knew this, then Michael's comment about how Eric's grandparents died could then be interpreted as a sick anti-semitic Holocaust "joke".

Of course, this is all supposition since we don't know if Eric is jewish and if he is, if Michael knew. Even then, it takes a real a**hole to make that kind of comment.

WaterDrop 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-25-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
Eric has talked on the live feeds about being Jewish, so your reasoning could be right. As far as I know, the comment and the context of it weren't shown on the live feeds, so all we really know about it is what the editors showed us.

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
Michael's comment was heartless. My guess is that Michael was more making fun of how Eric hammed up the tears over anything rather than trying to insult Eric's real tragedies or lineage.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-30-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Michael's "grandparents" comment "
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-05 AT 12:05 PM (EST)

<My guess is that Michael was more making fun of how Eric hammed up the tears over anything rather than trying to insult Eric's real tragedies or lineage.

Given what little I saw and read of the live feeds, I would not give Michael any kind of credit. There's no doubt in my mind that he was making a "joke."

It was a lowlife kind of remark.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •