The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-20-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
My job is transferring me to a small town in North Texas called Sherman (About 10 minutes from the Oklahoma Border). I went to visit a couple weeks ago, to try to find an apartment, and I was EXTREMELY unimpressed with the town (I am a true city-person) because it was so po-dunk. I came home, very upset about my forth-coming move. Then if things couldn't be more depressing, it turns out one of my current co-workers is from Sherman, and she had just seen an episode of BB. She came running up to me and said "Hey, that guy, Michael, is from Durant, Oklahoma. That's like 15 minutes from Sherman!" Could my life get any worse? I'm under the impression that Sherman is where alot of yokels from Oklahoma come to shop, so I'll probably run into him. Ptttewy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... missygirl3 08-20-04 1
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... vixie 08-21-04 2
   RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... twinpoweractivate 08-21-04 3
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... Drive My Car 08-21-04 4
 It's alright... IceCat 08-21-04 5
   RE: It's alright... vixie 08-21-04 6
       Song Lyrics by Tom T. Hall IceCat 08-21-04 7
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... Violet Nyte 08-23-04 8
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... txmomma26 08-23-04 9
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... nailbone 08-23-04 10
 RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHB... Rothschild 08-25-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-20-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
dont judge a book by its cover. Oklahoma is not just CB. It is a great place to live and going to Sherman to "come to shop " is a way of life for some people. Not all Okies are as privileged as some. That is all I have to say about that subject.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-04, 00:28 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
I'm sorry, Rae, but why would you care if he is "like 15 minutes from Sherman!" He's not going to hunt you down, is he?
Come on...I'm like 20 minutes from Neverland and my small city must endure that rediculous Wacko Jacko trial here. I can't avoid being disrupted by that, no matter how hard I try.
It may just be that CB is a kind citizen, who makes the best of what he has. Certainly not my favorite BB player, but never a cruel or mean-spirited person.

twinpoweractivate 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
you could have worse neighbors maybe living in a small town will open your eyes that people are people no matter where you go

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"

I'm sorry you have to relocate for your job RyrieRae.
Give it a chance.
Oklahoma isn't as bad as people make it sound, and I am sure Sherman has it's good points ( afterall it sounds like there are jobs there). Try it with an open mind, you may be surprised.

I grew up in LosAngeles County, til I was 28 I never leved anywhere else. Now I live in a small rural Texas town with a population of about 6000. There isn't a mall within 40 miles, and it takes an hour to drive to the city. Culture shock at first, but I love my town. Small towns do have a slower paced life style, and mostly people are nice. Cities just seem so big and noisey and crowded now. When we go to L.A. to visit family, I find it loud and crowded, and though I love it there, could never live there again.

And don't worry about Cowboy, not everyone is like him, besides he is moving to L.A. to be a big time sitcom star!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
5. "It's alright..."
... to be little bitty
A little hometown or a big old city
Might as well share, might as well smile
Life goes on for a little bitty while

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
6. "RE: It's alright..."
Very cute and insightful Ice...love the rhyme!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
7. "Song Lyrics by Tom T. Hall"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-04 AT 12:33 PM (EST)

Recently recorded by Alan Jackson.

Full Lyrics

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-23-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
Thanks. As an Okie, this just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. For crying out loud, we aren't all like that filth.

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
Try not to worry too much - Sherman isn't too far from the big city......and country life isn't as bad as you'd think! I grew up in Houston and couldn't wait to get out of the big city for a more relaxed environment.

Besides, Ol Cowboy isn't going to stick around Durant too long when he gets his sitcom (snicker, hehehe)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
Sherman's a great little town, as is Durant (drove through both on our most recent trip).

Lotsa "city folk" find that they love the quiet laidback-ness of the small town. Give it a chance.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-04, 01:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Cowboy is going to be my NEIGHBOR! Ugh!"
Try unemployment and / or welfare if Texas is unacceptable .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •