The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-02, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
Julie Chen: WORST. HOSTESS. EVER.

As they sit around the living room, Julie asks Gerry if he'd do anything differently. "Nope, not a thing." says Gerry. After several seconds of complete, uncomfortable silence, Chen says something like "Uh... ok."

During the HOH competition, Chen missed several people who answered wrong. Chiara almost got left in the game after she'd missed a question. Chen attributed it to her "bad eyesight." I attribute it to her malfunctioning brain.

As Lori gave the most airheaded, insane drug-induced exit interview ever seen on Reality TV, Chen merely said "I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it." Julie, how about "I'm glad you're on drugs right now and feeling good, Lori." ?!?!

The next time anyone says anything about Jiffy Probe, I have just two words: "Julie Chen".

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Bebo 07-19-02 1
   RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever SurvivinDawg 07-19-02 2
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Swami 07-19-02 3
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Jonnycumlately 07-19-02 4
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Phil the Cow 07-19-02 5
   RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever SurvivinDawg 07-23-02 11
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Red Lady 07-20-02 6
   RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever MakeItStop 07-22-02 8
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever GARealityFan 07-20-02 7
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever kawee 07-22-02 9
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever AMAI 07-22-02 10
   RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever SurvivinDawg 07-23-02 12
   RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever Bebo 07-23-02 13
 RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever magic_star 07-28-02 14
 Update SurvivinDawg 07-28-02 15
   RE: Update LadyT 07-28-02 16
       RE: Update SurvivinDawg 07-28-02 17
           Julie is on Early Show bebekid 07-29-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-02, 09:09 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
I've been listening to the complaints, thinking, "She can't be as bad as people say she is." Then I finally watched her last night and realized that y'all are being kind.

Oh my heck.

This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine!

07-19-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
And Bebo, she reached new lows last night, IMHO.

Classic Julie Chens:

1) her interview with Justin after he was expelled from BB2 for putting a knife to Krista's throat. It was clear that Chen was terrified to be in the same room with Justin.

2) Her exit interview with Kent in BB2. She simply could not control Kent getting it out about 9 of the 12 houseguests having agents, and all sorts of other stuff.

3) Dr. Will, BB2 winner, used and abused Chen, treated her with disdain and disrespect and basically walked all over her... and she showed she could do nothing about that. This in contrast to Jiffy Probe's telling Lindsey (S-III) to "Sit it!" and his iron grip on the Tribal Council.

4) But last night really took it: her mike didn't work at first (hey, have you ever heard of TESTING, Julie?), her questions to the houseguests were STOOPID, and the HOH competition handling was nothing short of embarrassing.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
>>Julie Chen: WORST. HOSTESS. EVER.<<

Agree, agree, agree. She has been a clueless idiot of a host throughout BB1, BB2, and now BB3! Last night was classic--she couldn't hear them, she couldn't see them. I kept hoping for a big hook to appear & jerk her off the set. LMAO at her.

Swami

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-19-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-02 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

>During the HOH competition, Chen missed
>several people who answered wrong.
> Chiara almost got left
>in the game after she'd
>missed a question. Chen
>attributed it to her "bad
>eyesight." I attribute it
>to her malfunctioning brain.

And that, boys and girls is why she's a "serious journalist" (snicker.) She doesn't even look all that good. She has that "lollipop" look to her. This was the first episode I watched, and I didn't know that the rumors about her suckiness were true until now.

>As Lori gave the most airheaded,
>insane drug-induced exit interview ever
>seen on Reality TV, Chen
>merely said "I'm glad you
>have such a positive attitude
>about it." Julie, how
>about "I'm glad you're on
>drugs right now and feeling
>good, Lori." ?!?!

Let's not forget that she practically GOT LOST outside the BB3 house. Because the 2 feet between the studio and the house is practically a labyrinth, right?

Phil the Cow 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-19-02, 10:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
You could just tell Chiara was planning on staying in the game if Julie didn't catch her... which she almost didn't.
Let's imagine a scenario in which Chiara had stayed in, and ended up winning. The entire game turns out different because of it. The CBSers have a lot of "Stacy Stillman" lawsuits to settle. Julie Chen is fired. Ah. I'm feeling calmer already.
Because halfway through a "Julie" show, I'm beginning to miss Bryant Gumbel's Survivor finale appearances.

07-23-02, 07:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
You could just tell Chiara was planning on staying in the game if Julie didn't catch her... which she almost didn't.

In fact, I don't think Julie Chen EVER spotted Chiara's wrong answer. I think BB3 had "spotters" watching, who fed Chen information through her earpiece. One of them likely told Chen "Get Chia-ho outta there!", and only then did Chen call Chiara away from the competition.

And I agree, Chia-ho was going to stay in until she was busted.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-20-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
While I agree w/ everyone's observations about our dear Ms. Chen, I think she, in part, is what makes this show so much fun to watch. What will she say next? What stupid gaffe will she have to clear up? What is she wearing?

Not only are the players guaranteed to be a strange bunch, we know with certainty that Julie will never let us down.

She is as much a part of the show now as the Baywatch blondes, puffed-up male egos and gay stereotype. Admit it, ya all, this is NOT highbrow TV. It is more like shooting ducks in a barrel. Easy prey...easy targets.

I watch becuz the show is, to me, campy and funny. I enjoy watching and then heading to the boards to comment.

Regards,
Red Lady

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-22-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
While I agree w/ everyone's observations about our dear Ms. Chen, I think she, in part, is what makes this show so much fun to watch. What will she say next? What stupid gaffe will she have to clear up? What is she wearing?

LOL Red Lady -- yes, let's look on the bright side.

GARealityFan 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-20-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
I am glad someone posted this. Instead of attributing it to her "bad eyesight," should should have said it was her "bad hosting skills." She is without question the worst game show host since Patrick Wayne. And that's saying a lot. (For those of you who aren't game show buffs like me, he hosted the really bad Tic Tac Dough revival in 1990.) She is still as a board. She is like a robot. She cannot be spontaneous at all. She just asked pre-written questions of the houseguests and has no ability to react or improvise whatsoever. I am amazed that CBS keeps having her back to keep hosting knowing that so many people don't like her. And I hear some of CBS news colleages don't like the fact that she is allowed to host that show.
-- GAR

kawee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-22-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-02 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

And will someone puh-leeze give this woman a cookie, or a large piece of pizza or something! Wow, is she thin or what?

Edited to say: Not that there's anything wrong with being skinny, it just doesn't look all that healthy on her, that's all.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-22-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
Yep. Julie Chen is pretty bad. Jiffy Pop Probst is also pretty bad.

They're part of the genre. Let's face it, for this type of show, what are the chances of getting somebody really good who knows what they're doing and whom everyone enjoys watching/listening to?

Red Lady said it best - I agree that these bad hosts are part of what makes these crapfests so compelling.

07-23-02, 07:05 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
Jiffy Pop Probst is also pretty bad.

To be honest, I don't think Jiffy Probe is all that bad. He asks some good questions at TC (yes, I know a lot of it gets edited out), and he works hard behind-the-scenes to prepare for those Tribal Councils. He keeps an iron grip of strict control over the Tribal Councils and the competitions.

By way of contrast, Julie Chen is a total waste, and even Bryant Gumball would be better than her as BB3 host. And, contrary to some of y'all's opinions, I don't think Chen makes the Big Brother shows any more compelling. She detracts and distracts from the show, IMHO.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-02, 08:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
>Jiffy Pop Probst is also pretty bad.

Julie makes him look like a rocket scientist.

Hmmm...I'm gonna have a dilemma as we approach S5. If I keep watching Julie botch stuff up, I'm gonna have a hard time bashing Jiffy.

This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine!

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-28-02, 03:52 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Julie Chen: Worst Ever"
I noticed the other night that all she did was look at cue cards.She rarely ever looks at the camera.You would think a host would have everything memorized that they were going to say,but no not Julie.Worst host ever.

The Cubs win the World Series!Cubbies Win!Cubbies Win!

07-28-02, 08:20 AM (EST)
15. "Update"
Julie Chen continues to show why she's a humiliation to SeeBS. She would ask a guest "how are you?", and of course they say "how are you?" but Julie is so intent on reading the next cue card she has to say "Let me say-- oh, I'm fine..." Julie! What you need to do is PAUSE and LISTEN TO THEIR ANSWER and you won't look like such a fool.

They managed to get Tonya into the Julie Chen room without too much trouble this time (can you say "spotter"? I knew you could!), and what an interview it was. Tonya was obviously shocked that she was evicted, but instead of any probing questions ("What do you think of Josh and his status in the house as opposed to yours?"), Julie goes through the very routine motions. Then Julie loses control as Tonya slips about sequestering... shades of Kent!

I about died laughing as I watched the HGs keep their paddles up during the HOH competition... Julie, PLEASE tell those poor folks that they can put their hands down BEFORE they begin shaking!!!

Admittedly, whoever did makeup on Julie did a good job, as my guest while watching the show commented on. We agreed that Julie has no body to go with her head... she's wasting away! Somebody tell Julie that SHE does NOT have to be on the PBJ diet all week!!!!!

WORST.HOSTESS.EVER.REDUX

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Update"
Do-do-do you think she can-can-can stutter much? I noticed the cue cards but I was like, Holy Stutter.

Dawg, this is one of the most entertaining thresds here. I have never seen here anywhere else,what othe rjob could she possibly have?

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

07-28-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Update"
I believe at some point in time Julie Chen anchored the weekend newscasts on SeeBS. I'm not sure what else she might be doing, since the only things I watch on SeeBS are Survivor, Big Brother 3, and live sports programming.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-29-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
18. "Julie is on Early Show"
I think Julie is on SeeBS's Early Show. I swear she is their answer to NBC's Ann Curry. A woman of Asian descent who gives the news and they let her come out from behind the desk toward the end of the show.

I haven't watched network news since I got Fox News almost 2 years ago. The only time I watch the Early Show is when the booted Survivor is on the next morning!

bebe

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •