The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB vs Banner plane pilot."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-07, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB vs Banner plane pilot."
awyers for Endemol USA Inc. sent a cease and desist letter to Jerry Hider of Blue Yonder Air, to stop him from flying his plane over the "Big Brother" house.

Hider alleges that he's not trying to ruin the game, and that he was simply paid to do a job. The peeved pilot wouldn't release the name of the person who has been hiring him to make "Big Brother"-related runs, but said that up until now he, CBS and Endemol enjoyed "a symbiotic relationship." In 2001, Endemol even produced a story about the banner operation.

Yikes!

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/06/big-brother-wings-pilot/

Summertribe and the living is easy!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. Ellehcar71 08-06-07 1
   RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. qwertypie 08-06-07 5
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. Estee 08-06-07 2
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. kingfish 08-06-07 3
   RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. agman 08-06-07 6
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. Canada Girl 08-06-07 4
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. newsomewayne 08-07-07 7
   RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. kingfish 08-07-07 8
       RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. newsomewayne 08-07-07 9
           RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. kingfish 08-07-07 10
 RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot. vince3 08-07-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-06-07, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
DH and I were "discussing" this - have there been banners since season one? Or maybe two? I can't recall seeing them since then, but I've been wrong a time or two before.... DH thinks they've had them every year. I believe there was a cease and desist before, and thought they even made it restricted air, or something.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-07, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
If memory serves me correctly, the banner planes started season one around the time when Brittany's(?) home town was trying to vote out Chicken George.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
Dear Endemol,

Produce a decent reality show and maybe people won't feel the need to twist it up for you.

Sincerely,
the viewing public.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-07, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
I know they've had banners in years past, but I don't think they've threatened to give away a twist prematurely before. So that could be the reason for the lawyer to lawyer talk this time.

Eric is a Turd!!

And Estee, I sense that your post lacked the banner touch. So, any time you need a banner, you may use this one. A Tribe creation. Just make the obvious word replacements as you wish. (That's me - sort of - in the pilot's seat)

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-07, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-07 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-06-07, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
Dang it. Just posted on Fanatics. Sorry Webby!

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
Something that has bothered me about this plane and CBS not wanting the hamsters to see them. They are in a studio, presumably on CBS' lot, correct? And 1)CBS knows the planes are coming, and 2)CBS does not want the hamsters to see them.

How hard would it be to build a retractable screen over the backyard to keep the hamsters from being able to read the signs? The plane comes, the screen goes over the yard. The plane goes, the screen retracts. Not very difficult, IMHO.

08-07-07, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-07 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

I can see significant design problems with a large fabric structure that could withstand wind and weather, with actuators quick enough to react in time to shield from a passing plane, and a folding system to allow quick reactivation after being stowed. What about the detection system? Presumably they wouldn't want to deploy the shield every time just any plane or helicopter passes near or else the rig would be jumping up and down many times a day.

Sure, it can be done, but I think you would find it to be a difficult engineering trick to pull off.

But that's sorta beside the real point I think. If they eliminated this problem, then we wouldn't be discussing it.

It probably cost less to pursue legal action than to design, test, and build it, and the publicity is free.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
I disagree. I'm guessing the yard is maybe 100'x100' square.Blue plastic tarping is cheap and light and comes in 20'x20' standard sizes and larger. I'm sure BB could afford to special order. Steel cable rigging is easy enough to install and would allow the tarp supports to hook onto it and slide up and down it. And a pulley system to pull the tarp(s) across the backyard shouldn't be too hard to operate. Also, as far as deployment, I'm sure a lackey to watch the skies, or at least keep an eye on them when houseguests are outside wouldn't be too expensive. A pair of binoculars and one could easily see a dangerous sign miles before it would be visible by house hamsters with their limited visual sight range.

08-07-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
I'm not sure how big a fabric cover would have to be to shield a 100'x 100' area (I'll accept those dimensions for the sake of argument), but even if it is only that size, just wait till the wind catches 10,000 sf of sail. If there isn't a very strong well designed and tested system, that rig will be gone in no time.

And I think you underestimate the complications of the rigging necessary to get it up and down quickly enough repeatedly and without tangling.

Maybe Moley's (you lurking, Moley?) girls would try and design something like this as a engineering project, it would be interesting.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-07, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: BB vs Banner plane pilot."
I think there's an irony about this, though...... According to the front page's article, this pilot's banner was injunctioned out of the sky before Thursday's episode, and his banner was gonna reveal the "America's Player" twist to be Eric...... his banner might have been less harmful than the one that actually flew over the cage...........

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •