The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

angelgirls 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-09, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelgirls Click to send private message to angelgirls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Please let this be true!! I enjoyed her on the Bachelor, and saw a bit of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader CMT show. If Tony Dovolani is her partner! Wow! She could WIN this whole thing!
AMERICA's Sweetheart!! Can't wait to find out if this is true!!
Melissa Rycroft

Melissa Rycroft was a contestant on the thirteenth season of the reality series The Bachelor. She was chosen by Jason Mesnick as the winner of the show and was proposed to, but he broke off their relationship during a reunion show.

Melissa Rycroft will take part in the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars as a replacement for Nancy O'Dell. The season will premiere on March 9, 2009.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... mrc 03-09-09 1
 RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... Revan 03-09-09 2
   RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... mindy23 03-10-09 3
       RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... redheaded_sweetheart 03-10-09 4
 Not A Star, Never Will Be WhiteHot 03-14-09 5
   RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be vince3 03-14-09 6
   RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be Round Robin 03-16-09 7
   RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be CSHS79 03-17-09 9
 RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... skye 03-16-09 8
   RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... true 03-18-09 10
       RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... jbug 03-19-09 11
           RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... LFJ 03-19-09 12
               RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... qwertypie 03-19-09 13
                   RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... LFJ 03-20-09 14
                       RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... Snidget 03-20-09 16
                   RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... Snidget 03-20-09 15
                       RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AME... redheaded_sweetheart 03-23-09 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-09-09, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
I love Melissa!!1! She is my fave! She needs to show that hornbag Jason that she is OVER him like the cow over the moon! Go MELISSA!!1!

Someone Fooned me
mrc--has never watched an episode of DWTS and doesn't plan to start now.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Revan 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-09, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Revan Click to send private message to Revan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
GOOO Melissa.. Im sooo glad she is on the show.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-10-09, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
She did a phenomenal job last night, after only 2 days of practice!! Way to go, Melissa, and IN. YOUR. FACE. JASON!!!! YEAH!

She could absolutely win this entire thing!

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-09, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
I'm not quite ready to project her as the winner, but she did a very good job, looked absolutely fabulous and already has a HUGE fanbase...so she's off to a GREAT start!

WhiteHot 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Not A Star, Never Will Be"
Melissa whats her name is a nobody. She got dumped because she was an immature, whiny brat. Jason did the right thing and Molly is awesome (I know her personally).

ABC putting one of their rejects on this show is so pathetic. What's next, Chris Harrison dancing, while throwing roses into the audience for votes? Puh-leez.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-09, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be"
Don't give them any ideas..........

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-16-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be"
Melissa may have her flaws, as we all do to one extent or another, but dumping her in public on TV was heartless. He ought to have made nice for the cameras, then quietly dumped her in private a few days after the show aired and wasn't in the news anymore.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-17-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not A Star, Never Will Be"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-09 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

I totally agree Melissa is a nobody and the only thing that made her "America's Sweetheart" was the on air breakup. If Jason had ended it privately and I think she had a clue it was coming she wouldn't be considered "America's Sweetheart". Personally I think the on air breakup was good, Jason wanted it all out in the open as to why he was ending it with Melissa.

Here's hoping she has a short stay on the show and she goes back to being what she truly is---a nobody, just another over the hill
cheerleader. Half the reason I think she tried out for The Bachelor is not because she wanted Jason but as a desperate attempt to create a life after she became too old to be a cheerleader. While she may not be old for most things, I think as far as being a professional cheerleader there aren't any over 25. Or are there?

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-16-09, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-09 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

Ok. So how exactly is this person a star? Are they changing the name of the show to "Dancing With The Faux-lebrities?"

Seriously. I'm confused.

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
I don't have a problem with Melissa being cast as a "star". After all, Trista was a contestant on the first season of DWTS. This show is famous for it's D list celebs. Reality contestants fit that bill nicely, IMO.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
True True.
Besides I've never heard of Steve "the Woz" Wozniak,the geek. He's a star? okay by me.

Final 4 with Agman

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Wozniak is a celebrity. He's not a star, but he is famous. Furthermore, I don't think he is a phony or a liar.

Melissa's parents flatly refused to meet Jason on the Bachelor, but later condescended to talk with him on the phone. They probably knew the whole thing was a set-up. And meanwhile, you don't become a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader by showing big horsey teeth. Those girls have years and years of dance and/or gymnastics training. It is no surprise that she only needed two days of rehearsal for a short routine. She knows how to count to eight. Even Maksim says it is unfair to the others that she is on the show.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Yes and no. Other contestants have had dance/choreo training too (the Cheetah girl, Mel, Lance, Joey, etc) and I think it will give you an edge for performing in front of an audience, but partnership dancing takes a different set of skills.

Somehow, I doubt dear sweet demure Maks would be protesting if he ended up with Melissa as his partner.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-09, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
On the subject of Maks. Sweet? Not. Demure? Definitely not. Generally good for an honest opinion? Yes.

Agreed that partnering is different and difficult. But I warrant the Pros know how to tackle that issue. The difficulty for most of the "Stars" would be musicality, phrasing, memorizing counts of eight, stretching to their fullest, pointing toes and feet, graceful arms, hands and heads, not to mention agility and acheiving the very dinstinctive muscle mass that only dancer's achieve. She doesn't look like a dancer because she isn't one. Based on the shape of her thigh muscles, I would guess she has done pointe work.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Sometimes training helps, sometimes it actually gets in the way. Depending on how the body needs to move sometimes it actually takes awhile to untrain what you were training and get the new thing going.

I find that in T'ai Chi because I do a couple of different styles. One of my teachers always says my Hao is more Chow because I can't seem to get all the Chen style that I learned first out of it.

I will say that anyone that has to learn a routine or has done anything that really helps them be aware of body positioning is going to have some advantage. One of the reasons my personal trainer liked working with me is I know where my body is in space pretty well. A lot of people just don't have that skill and it takes a while to get them to figure out the left foot is turned the wrong way. If you don't have any idea what it is doing it is hard to self-correct it even if you know intellectually what it is supposed to be doing.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-09, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
I kind of get the feeling that unless something directly benefits Maks he thinks it isn't fair.

I like him as a dancer, but sometimes he comes off a tad whiny in interviews.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-09, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Melissa Rycroft on DSTS - AMERICA's Sweetheart!"
Agreed, Max would be singing a completely different tune if he were paired with Melissa instead of his unbendable knock-off Barbie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •