The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cheryl vs. Karina..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

ultrabrite smile 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cheryl vs. Karina..."
Yes, we've heard all of the opinions of Emmitt vs. Mario... All are valid points, but at the end it is essentially a popularity contest. If you don't believe me, why would they show the phone numbers before the couples dance????

Likeability is key!

I think that a deciding factor that has been overlooked is the differences between Cheryl and Karina as partners - and who the audience wanted to win.

Throughout the conpetition, Cheryl was upbeat, smiling, supportive of other dancers and extremely gracious. On the other hand, Karina was surly, unsmiling, bitter and disconnected with the rest of the dancers. In addition, I think that the fact that Mario and Karina (supposedly) hooked up, made her seem like a desperate hollywood "wanna be".

I remember seeing the first episode of the season when they showed all of the dancers lined up for their initial introduction. I remember thinking that Karina looked like she was sucking on a lemon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cheryl vs. Karina... qwertypie 11-19-06 1
 RE: Cheryl vs. Karina... MizJazmine 11-20-06 2
   RE: Cheryl vs. Karina... karrikatrombolin 11-24-06 3
       RE: Cheryl vs. Karina... carolinagirl2006 12-19-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-06, 07:46 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Cheryl vs. Karina..."
You may have something there. None of the straight men or hubbys had mentionned Karina when they were comparing who was hot (Cheryl, Edyta and Kim were all favs)

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Cheryl vs. Karina..."
I think Cheryl was more professional & had more class. I also liked the big bruh & little sis bond that her and Emmitt have vs. the "lovers" inference regarding Mario & Karina. I think Mario is a really good guy & I thought those inferences just made him look cheap & cheezy. To me he's anything but. So I didn't like that.

There was also the backdrop of the "story" of the two men. Emmitt was not only the football player, but husband, father, & family man and they polished it off with the big brother remark. Emmitt was "the man". To me Mario was made out to be viewed more like "the boy"...still trying to establish himself. His support was from his family (mom, sister, brother) but not wife. I just thought the "story" part of it was interesting.

whew!...glad I got that outta my system a whole week later after the show is over...lol!

karrikatrombolin 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-24-06, 06:06 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Cheryl vs. Karina..."
For me Mario is " the man"!
Your suggestion that Emmitt has more support of the public because he is married with a wife behind him is totally out a place.
Statistically unmerried women vote more, participate more in any polls, voting or any other on line actvities, they are the public who most of the time vote at the Reality Shows. Logically Mario would have get their votes.
Beside Mario is far superior dancer than Emmitt!

carolinagirl2006 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Cheryl vs. Karina..."
Cheryl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •