The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Contender Update!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AgentNermal 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-24-05, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AgentNermal Click to send private message to AgentNermal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Contender Update!"
I joined Sergio Mora's Newsletter about a month ago...and i just received an update on Sergio's next fight...this is what it says at the end of the update:

"Thank you for supporting me throughout the show and I hope you'll
keep supporting me through the rest of my career. My next fight is
still pending, but it looks like it might be in August. My opponent,
well, the public demands Alfonso Gomez. And it's the fans that
made us who we are. It will be a great fight!!!"

it will be a true test...but personally i dont think he will beat gomez...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Contender Update! adam17 06-24-05 1
   RE: Contender Update! eup15 06-26-05 2
       RE: Contender Update! adam17 06-27-05 3
           RE: Contender Update! jonesy 06-30-05 4
               RE: Contender Update! eup15 06-30-05 5
                   RE: Contender Update! jonesy 06-30-05 6
                       RE: Contender Update! jonesy 06-30-05 7
                       RE: Contender Update! VegasFightWriter 06-30-05 8
                           RE: Contender Update! JiveGuy 06-30-05 9
                               RE: Contender Update! VegasFightWriter 06-30-05 10
                                   RE: Contender Update! eup15 07-01-05 11
                                       RE: Contender Update! jonesy 07-04-05 12
                                           RE: Contender Update! Water_Walker32 07-14-05 13
                       RE: Contender Update! the_sweet_science 07-23-05 16
 RE: Contender Update! latinsnakelover 07-20-05 15
 RE: Contender Update! next_gr8 07-24-05 17
   RE: Contender Update! Wacko Jacko 07-25-05 18
 RE: Contender Update! ssd 10-16-05 19
   RE: Contender Update! newtothegame 10-16-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

adam17 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-24-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adam17 Click to send private message to adam17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Contender Update!"
Yea i had the same email should be a great fight!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

eup15 6 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eup15 Click to send private message to eup15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contender Update!"
aweee i wanted 2 see a rematch mora an manfredo style
i hope the other fight is ishe an manfredo

can we all agree that manfredo and ishe would be a gr8 fight !\

adam17 11 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-05, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adam17 Click to send private message to adam17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Contender Update!"
Yea i agree that would be a wicked fight. If Alfonso gets the shot at sergio Ishe deserves a match with the next best fighter which is Peter and the winner should then get a chance at the winner of Sergio vs Alfonso!

jonesy 12 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jonesy Click to send private message to jonesy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Contender Update!"
joey gilbert and jesse are both better fighters than ishe y dus evry1 like him hes a horrible fighter he got lucky against kaddour and outclassed against sergio

06-30-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eup15 Click to send private message to eup15 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Contender Update!"
joeys a lil punk ##### hes only got 9 win but yet he sells his autograph on his websit like hes king sh*t im 100% positive ishe would kick the ##### out of him. hes a punk ##### ##### lil mommas boy who aloways looks for the ez way out and a snake

ishe is alot better
jessie is also better

06-30-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonesy Click to send private message to jonesy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Contender Update!"
was fightin manfredo the easy way out joey and juan wud beat ishe and sergio bunches in punches is what those guys throw ya cant beat it manfredo got lucky headbutt

06-30-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Contender Update!"
oh and er jesse is better than ishe best 3 fighter in there are

jesse
joey
juan

in that order

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Contender Update!"
>>out joey and juan wud beat ishe and sergio

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Hey, first of all, welcome to the forum. Second, thanks for that. Really, I needed that. I'll have to warn Ishe not to take a fight with those guys. But really, you're kidding, right?

JiveGuy 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-30-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JiveGuy Click to send private message to JiveGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Contender Update!"
Ishe could EASILY have made it to the final match, it's just that due to conspiracy from Jesse's camp, he was made to fight the other toughest fighter in the competetition Sergio in the second round. Just because Ishe got eliminated early doesn't mean he sucks. The fact is, we had our championship fight when Ishe fought Sergio. Ishe could easily take Jesse, Joey, my favorite Alfonso, and even Manfredo.

I think Ishe and Ahmed are better than they came off looking on the show. Ahmed's fighting here next month, can't to see what he can really do. Vegas Fight Writer, what do you think>

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Contender Update!"
I've seen Ahmed fight before, in Los Angeles on the undercard of Vitali Klitschko-Corrie Sanders early in 2004.(Ironically, long before the show, Ishe called me that day to ask me how Kaddour looked. He already had his eye on him). His stock probably dropped the worst of anyone on the show given the expectatons, but he's a good fighter. His technique could definitely use work, but he hits hard. He needs to be more patient in seting up those power shots; if he starts doing that, he could indeed be a contender. If I were you, I'd definitely go check him out.

07-01-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Contender Update!"
yah jonsey ur deff wrong i think after watching the whole compitition at the end it was clear to be that sergio was the best but i would still lov 2 see a reamtch between him an ishe or even gomez.

my contender rankings
1 sergio
2 ishe
3 manfredo
4 gomez
5 brinkley

ps.i wanna see a manfrdo and ishe fight sooooo bad that would be soooo close and a gr8 fight that would deff be a kick a$$ fight !!!!!!

07-04-05, 06:09 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Contender Update!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-04-05 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

tell ishe 2 fite jesse juan and joey he will win non of the 3

sergio would of got beat by jesse give jesse rematch with a fit eye give joey rematch against manfredo and ban headbutts!!!!!!!

juan is good and will be a world champ

ishe smiths a bum

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Contender Update!"
How in the heck did Juan get into the picture joney? Juan needs to consider another profession

Gomez was in serious trouble the last few seconds in the Brinkley fight so the snake will out box gomez for 7 rounds and win on all three scorecards. Sorry, gomez but the snake is a bit too much for you...I think it will be a decent fight but clearly one sided. Brinkley and Ishe? lol. Brinkley you're going to need a super heavy punch in the 5th or 6th and then put him on the canvas. Other than that, Ishe would simple win by points...but I think Brinkley will be on fire and in excellent shape ready for that opportunity to turn the lights out on Ishe. It's hard to tell when Ishe is a bit hurt but he slows down and doesn't go on the offense, that's when Brinkley will find an opening. Up until that point, It will look like Ishe is winning. You can ask anyone that Brinkley has fought, if he catches you with a good left...you need a few to recover. Brinkely....don't give him that chance to recover! Learn to finish but don't leave yourself open!

Peace

P.S. Vegaswriter
I loved that Klitschko vs Sanders fight. Way to revenge little brother Vitali!!!! Man, Sanders landed a decent left in the first round and I gave that round to Sanders, but it was all uphill for Sanders from there until he was brutely finished. Lewis probably concluded he wasn't getting back into the ring with Vitali after that bout. Vegas, did you get a chance to ask Lewis anything after that fight? It certainly looked like Vitali was in trouble in the last few seconds in the first round didn't it...man, he was having trouble adjusting to Sanders south paw punch. But unlike Wladimir, Vitali has a chin lol. I like Wladimir, but he has ZERO defense against a solid left hook or even an over the top left.

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Contender Update!"
Jonesy said:

>was fightin manfredo the easy way
>out joey and juan wud
>beat ishe and sergio bunches
>in punches is what those
>guys throw ya cant beat
>it manfredo got lucky headbutt
>

Actually, Manfredo was beating Joey handily, and he actually won the fight against Joey by unanimouis decision, it was not even close on the screcards. The show did some good editing and for some reason wanted people to think that it was a split decision for Manfredo, however once again, it wasn't really a close fight. All that headbutt did was made Joey a hero out of a loss, because not many people would or could go on with such a gash, and I give him all the credit for trying to hang in there, he is a toughguy.

latinsnakelover 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail latinsnakelover Click to send private message to latinsnakelover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Contender Update!"
I don't think Sergio will be beat. That is why he won the first season. I hope they do come up with a second season. This was my favorite show and I am a woman. I never watched boxing before and I really enjoyed that you didn't just see two guys fight that you didn't know. You really got to know who you liked and didn't and it mattered to you who won. I liked the premise and I don't see how it could not be popular enough to re-sign. Look at the crappy sitcoms that are on! I really enjoyed this and Survivor and now I am watching Rock Star (although it's not quite as good). Come on! Give us another season of The Contender!

next_gr8 12 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail next_gr8 Click to send private message to next_gr8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Contender Update!"
It's a bad match up for Gomez.The kid is short and only his one gear..... If Mora fights smart he'll dance circles around him!!!!!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-25-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Contender Update!"
Who is fighting on the 1st. THis is getting confusing.

I think we determined that Ishe fights Jesse.

But is it Alfonzo verses Mora or Manfredo Jr?????

ssd 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-05, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssd Click to send private message to ssd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Contender Update!"
If you watched the rematch between Mora and Manfredo, Jr. on October 15, 2005, Mora should give the belt back to the true victor, Peter Manfredo, Jr. Peter got robbed by the judges, who also took the victory away from Bonstante in the Brinkley rematch.

This was one of the worst rigged matches I have witnessed considering ESPN, a reputable sports network, televised this match. I am sure pre-fixed matches packaged into a so called realty TV show was not what the executives at ESPN had in mind.

I am sure if you are Mora's fans, you'd most likely disagree. But if you are a boxing purist, you would agree that Peter clearly won the fight, and the judges pre-determined the winner. Sergio should not enjoy the sweet taste of victory for this one.

newtothegame 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-05, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newtothegame Click to send private message to newtothegame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Contender Update!"
>If you watched the rematch between
>Mora and Manfredo, Jr. on
>October 15, 2005, Mora should
>give the belt back to
>the true victor, Peter Manfredo,
>Jr. Peter got robbed by
>the judges, who also took
>the victory away from Bonstante
>in the Brinkley rematch.
>
>This was one of the worst
>rigged matches I have witnessed
>considering ESPN, a reputable sports
>network, televised this match.
>I am sure pre-fixed matches
>packaged into a so called
>realty TV show was not
>what the executives at ESPN
>had in mind.
>

I second your opinion! What a joke this turned out to be! You don't have to be a boxing purist to know when someone gets the crap beat out of them when you watch Mora/Manfredo Jr II.

Mora obviously had a concussion afterwards because he actually thought he won the fight. Would love to hear his comments after watching the replay.

Sly should ask Mora to hand over the belt to the NEW champion!

I imagine it will not help the ratings for the second season.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •