The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another Fantasy football league"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-31-11, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another Fantasy football league"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-11 AT 01:19 PM (EST)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/741212

Hello guys, I haven't been by here much over the years, but I am planning on remedying that this year. I have an open fantasy football league this year, and would love it if some of my old friends from over here would sign up and play...

This is a Yahoo sports league
League ID#: 741212
League Name: 2011football
Password: howdy

draft is Tue Sep 6 5:15pm CDT now.

When more people sign up, we can all discuss what would be the most convenient time if it needs to change

VOTE NAKED 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 09-15-11 1
   RE: Another Fantasy football league cahaya 09-15-11 2
   WOOOHOOO Breezy 09-15-11 3
 2nd chance Survival Game! ARnutz 09-18-11 4
 RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 09-27-11 5
   RE: Another Fantasy football league Breezy 09-28-11 6
   RE: Another Fantasy football league cahaya 09-28-11 7
       RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 09-28-11 8
           RE: Another Fantasy football league cahaya 09-28-11 9
 RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 10-04-11 10
   RE: Another Fantasy football league cahaya 10-05-11 11
       RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 10-05-11 12
 Week 5 review Naked 10-12-11 13
   RE: Week 5 review PepeLePew13 10-12-11 14
       RE: Week 5 review cahaya 10-12-11 15
           RE: Week 5 review AyaK 10-12-11 17
   *shakes fist* Breezy 10-12-11 16
 Week 6 in review Naked 10-20-11 18
   A classic MNF finish cahaya 10-20-11 19
 RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 11-02-11 20
   RE: Another Fantasy football league cahaya 11-03-11 21
 RE: Another Fantasy football league Naked 01-03-12 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-15-11, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
So... After all of my brilliance, scheming, and hours looking at this years fantasy football league, I find myself in 11th place out of 12 after the week 1 action. I firmly blame Chad Ochocinco for this development. out of 517 passing yards for Tom Brady, my buddy Chad managed to catch only 15 of those yards. Thanks for the 1.5 fantasy point. lets look at how other people did.

1st place Breezypack - 145 points scored. I sometimes go two weeks and don't get that much in FF. Congrats on being the big winner this week

2nd place Da Mask - When your quarterback scores 10 points (Matt Schaub), you would think that you were in for a bad fantasy day, but Da Mask made a strong showing with 123 point

3rd place Hoosier Geckos - 114 points. This person stole (did I say stole?) my free agent pick of Carnell Williams this week after my top RB Steven Jackson went down due to injury. Am I biter? nah not me...

4th place Leatherheads V3 - 94 points mainly off the back of some guy named Michael Vick. Isn't he in jail for fighting dogs or something like that?

5th place Sounds of Death - 86 points... Arrrrrrrrggggggghhh !!!! I had this guy by two points going into Monday night football. I had Chad Ochocinco, and he had Miami's Devon Bess. I was so confident, that I IM'd the guy and talked smack about him having to rely on a Dolphin... Shame on me.

6th place Pepe Le Sack - with an anemic 60 points, he eeked out a win against all odds. but the name of this game is winning, and win he did.

Everyone else lost... that's right lost... you know who you are. time to have a fire sale and get rid of all those loser players that aren't preforming. I did, and I will do it again.

Anyways... tons of fun guys, and I am looking forward to seeing you all again this next week where I will surely find a way to win this time around. muhahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!

VOTE NAKED 2004

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-11, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
3rd place Hoosier Geckos - 114 points. This person stole (did I say stole?) my free agent pick of Carnell Williams this week after my top RB Steven Jackson went down due to injury.

Hey, wait a minute! I paid two bucks of that precious FAAB money for him. Here's the receipt!

Sep 14 3:29am Carnell Williams (StL - RB) Add Waivers ($2) Hoosier Geckos

I probably would have let him go, but RB2 Moreno went limping off the field on Monday night (*gasp of horror*) and the hospital insurance bill collector came knocking at the door.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "WOOOHOOO"
I'm hoping to stay on top of all you guys for awhile!!!

What? *grin*

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "2nd chance Survival Game!"
Group ID: 34561

password: win

Picks start in week 3.

09-27-11, 05:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Hello the guys,

First off, I would like to apologize for not writing an update on this league last week. There are two primary reasons for this.

1. I have been in the throws of a deep and dark depression.
because my anemic team just can't win a game

and

2. My internet connection here at the house was down for three days from Tuesday through Friday, and it just seemed a little late to post about the week in football when it came back up.

Now... that said, on to the juicy stuff

1st place Breezypac - is tied for first place record wise with two others, but in the tiebreaker of points scored has almost a 100 point lead on her closest competitor. I don't know how she did it, but she seems to field a team every week that scores all of the fantasy points.

2nd place Pepe Le Sack - I went head to head against Pepe this week, and although he may be a skunk, I am the one who stuck the place up. Pepe has a perfect 3-0 record. To let you know how dominate he was this week, 10 min after the first games kicked off at noon on Sunday, he had a 30 point lead on me and he never looked back. Do me a favor Pepe... Next time you beat someone that badly can you blow him a kiss?

3rd place Hoosier Geckos - Here is a little trivia for you. Did you guys know that the fantasy teams that start a QB opposing the Kansas City Chiefs are a perfect 3-0 this year. Our amphibian friend Gecko was the latest to give him a perfect record on the season as well.

4th place Electric Mayhem - was in a close game this week with Leatherheads, but took a win on the merits of Cam Newton's arm. Newton for the first time this year didn't throw for a jillian yards, but it gave him just enough to mean the margin of victory.

5th place Captain Can't - Yes, I know that is not the real name of the team, but I prefer to remain a gentleman. I do not think that this player is actively playing, so if you are like me, and have a record below this guy, then you are being beaten by the auto draft. Oh the shame...

6th place Sounds of Death - This guy has been maniacally tinkering around in free agency and trades to put together a team, and so far, it appears to be paying dividends. He pulled off the upset over the Sunspear Vipers this week.

So there are your leaders... good luck to everyone next week except Electric Mayhem whom I happen to be playing. and we'll see you guys next week.

VOTE NAKED 2004

09-28-11, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Thanks Naked!!! I'm not sure how I did it last week, I had a WR and a RB score zero points! WTH

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

09-28-11, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
I'm liking the FAAB Sunday-Tuesday waiver thing. You can relax and watch the games and later deliberate what wire picks to make on Tuesday night. If I were to commish a league, I'd go this route, as do the Yahoo! pundits in their own leagues. In spite of the number of moves I've made, I've managed to not get carried away spending away the FAAB budget. Quite a few teams still haven't spent a cent.

09-28-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
You got me again this week... I am overspending, and went light on a WR... You got him for $1 more... You are however doing great in this league. Congrats. I am glad to be playing against you.

VOTE NAKED 2004

09-28-11, 07:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Yeah, and Electric Mayhem outbid me by a mere $1 on another two WR's to pick them both up! Actually, I would have had to bid $2 more given that equal bids go to the team lower in the standings. I put a low spread bid on all three hoping to get one. 2RB 3WR leagues sure call for going after those WR's more than the 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR flex rosters. That took some getting used to after playing leagues with flex spots all the time.

There are some teams, too, that will probably begin doing some bidding and pouncing on players once the bye weeks start to roll around on Week 5 and after. Still quite a few with the full $100 FAAB available to them.

10-04-11, 04:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
As I sit here typing this post, The Texas Rangers are playing a game against the Tamp Bay Devil Rays and I think to myself "Is it too late to play fantasy baseball instead?"

I would like to start out by stating the obvious. I have been horrible so far this year. I am the Miami Dolphins of our fantasy football league. Winless, and thinking about firing the coach. Not everyone has fared as poorly as myself though, and here are this week's report...

1st place Breezypac - Yet another week that Breezy set point records. She is so far ahead in first place by points that she has been contacted by the Cleavland Browns to take over general manager duties from Mike Holmgren.

2nd place Pepe Le Sac - Pepe sits atop a perfect record this year and is just one slip up from Breezy from being in first place. He only has the 7th most fantasy points though so he needs to find a way to keep pulling off these miracle wins. I am going to call him the Detroit Lions of our league

3rd place Electric Mayhem - I had a tight game with him this week until sometime in the 4th quarter of the noon games. I looked up at one point, and out of nowhere, he had jumped up 50 points, and I wound up getting killed. I guess having the name Dallas in my league name justifies 4th quarter collapses.

4th place Hoosier Geckos - fell a couple of places this week with his first loss to Leatherheads. He is still sitting in a great place to attack first place as all he needs is just a couple of small slips by others to be right back in the mix of things.

5th place through 9th place - almost half the league is sitting at .500 with a 2-2 record. Anyone can emerge from this group to challenge the leaders. Da Mask, Leatherheads,Sunspear Vipers, Captain Can't, and Sounds of Death are in this category in that order.

That leaves us... The bottom of the pile. The creme de la creme of losers. Do you guys know how hard it is to lose week after week? It takes talent. Just a cursory glance at these teams tells me that we should have stumbled into a single win after a quarter of the season is down. The starting QB's for these teams are Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Ben Rothlesberger respectfully, but the Newport Beach Bums, Dallas Crakheads, and the Slivens of Pike are perfect in their imperfection...

Well, That's it... The final tally this week. Good luck as we go into week 5.

VOTE NAKED 2004

10-05-11, 11:15 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Checking the Geckos roster, it was a bit surprising to discover that only 6 of the original 15 drafted players are still in the squad. After one QB/RB trade, 19 moves and $39 FAAB bids in the span of five weeks, it's a transformed team built around six originally drafted core players.

There are still not many teams in our league doing much bidding, or they're bidding low (we don't see the lower bids that don't make it through). I stepped up the bids a bit this week with S.Ridley and R.Torrain on the wire and got them perhaps at a bargain at $12 and $7. On the Yahoo! experts Family & Friends league, Ridley went for $25 last week and Torain for a whopping $77 this week. As a novice at FAAB bidding, I've been keeping an eye on how these guys bid, but I can't imagine doling out $77 on a single player unless it's a major team changer. Besides, Shanahan is perhaps FF's most notorious coach when it comes to playing his RB's (as Hightower owners discovered last week!).

And we meet this week, so good luck to you too. Let's rack up some points!

10-05-11, 04:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Good luck to you as well. I had a $7 bid on Ridley as I do not have enough rb for this week. I was sure that was going to get him. Oh well...

VOTE NAKED 2004

10-12-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
13. "Week 5 review"
Hold the phone... Stop the presses... Circle the wagons folks because we have a brand new leader of the league this week...

Congratulations to .......

Pepe Le Sack, who is the only unbeaten left in the league. He is now in lone possession of first place, and the rest of us are looking up to him thanks to his victory over the Sunspear Vipers and Breezypac's narrow loss to Leatherheads.

The aforementioned Breezypac is now in second place, but holds tiebreakers galore as she has by far scored the most fantasy points this year so far.

The Hoosier Geckos was the last in a long line of those to matchup with me to spank me like a red headed step child. He currently holds third place.

Electric Mayhem follows closely behind in fourth place just 25 points below the Geckos.

In Fifth and Sixth place respectfully Da Mask, and Leatherheads both hold a 3-2 record...

In other notes Ayak the owner of the Newport Beach Bums has pulled himself out of the gutter and scored a victory this week. with a couple of daring free agent moves this week, I would keep an eye on him to start making a run.

and finally.... I am still winless. Breezypac is my opponent this week, so I have a real chance at finally overtaking the last place position currently held by Pike. Oh.... The pain...

See ya next week guys....

VOTE NAKED 2004

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-11, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 5 review"
What will be interesting is that both BreezyPack and myself have not used up any money on free agent moves so far (okay, well, I did spend $1), so if somebody reasonably big gets dropped onto the wire, it'll be a free-for-all.

Bidding is really getting competitive. $23 for Victor Cruz?!? I put in what I thought was a very generous bid of $14 but it wasn't even close in the end.

Haunted and driven batty by Snidget

10-12-11, 01:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Week 5 review"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-11 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

Yup, the bids went higher this time around, with the Beach Bums picking up both Cruz (at $23) and then Battle for $21.

Both Battle and Tebow went for a whopping $65 in the Yahoo F&F experts league (which clears the same time as ours). I placed a $6 low-ball "keep 'em honest" bid for Tebow and was rather surprised to get him. There's a lot of Tebow hype out there, to be sure, but those legs of his score about as many points as his arm, and was a major force in the FF playoffs last year. With the league scoring system 4 for passing TD and 6 for rushing TD, it favors QB's who can run the ball. We'll see if he's really worth $65, though!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 5 review"
The Beach Bums had been getting outbid for players and simply got tired of it. Having $100 but not getting any pickups was getting on the front office's nerves ... especially after the team lost two matches due to the perfectly logical choice of starting Jason Witten over Rob Gronkowski.

The fact was, Plaxico Burress wasn't getting it done at starting WR, and Julio Jones pulled a hamstring, so I needed another starting WR -- NOW. Cruz was the best answer.

And Battle is the mystery man. I thought Dexter McCluster, whom I started last week, would be the guy who came off the bench in KC and succeeded Jamaal Charles. But it wasn't McCluster, it was Battle. The fact that Battle had a bye next week is the only reason that I bid less for him than for Cruz.

I debated bidding for Tebow -- I picked him up in one of the other leagues -- because I remembered how well he did last year playing for Josh McDaniel in Denver, and he'll be starting the game in Miami. If McDaniel were still coaching Denver, he'd be a great pickup, because McDaniel would have made him into a superior version of Michael Vick. But watching a little of the Denver game on Sunday convinced me that Tebow has regressed, not advanced, since last year. I felt more comfortable with Matt Cassell now that KC's coaches and team finally got on the same page (which simply seemed like the loss of both coordinators combined with the lockout and the Charles injury).

10-12-11, 02:05 PM (EST)
16. "*shakes fist*"
Dang Lions defense and kicker!!!

This week will be interesting, first bye week.

I haven't spent any money, cause I don't know how. *grin*

10-20-11, 00:26 AM (EST)
18. "Week 6 in review"
I won !!!!! I won !!!!! I won !!!!!

(My deepest apologies to the mighty, yet gracious Breezypac, but for my first win of the year, I wanted to do a little dance.)

That Said, Here is how the leader boards look this week

In sole possession of first place with a one game lead and a perfect record... The Green Bay Packers of our league is...
Pepe Le Sack
not only does he know how to pick em, but he knows when to play em as well. Good show so far Pepe...

Sitting right behind him with a 5-1 record is Electric Mayhem . It looks like all of that work watching film and studying players has paid off for him. As his trades have been superb.

At 4-2 we have 3 different Teams with Breezypac leading in points followed by Da Mask and Hoosier Geckos . Any of these guys can reclaim the tittle with just a couple of slip ups.

Everyone else is a .500 or below, but there is one up and comer that may just rise from the ashes like a phoenix and take the league by storm. He is posed now with a healthy roster and more hope then a Clinton home town meeting an Obama rally.

That person is ME ...

Yes folks, It is okay to fear my 1-5 record.

For the rest of you guys... Good luck again this week, and I will see ya next..

VOTE NAKED 2004

10-20-11, 09:46 AM (EST)
19. "A classic MNF finish"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-11 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

After a hard-fought battle on Sunday leading into the Sunday Night Football game between the Bears and Vikings, the Sounds of Death trail the Geckos by a score of 95 - 75, with Hester and Gould still to play. The projections show the Sounds getting another 12 points to finish 95 - 87. In other words, there's still some football to be played.

And there's a problem. It's against the Vikings. And since my childhood days after too many heartbreaking in-season and especially post-season losses, I've learned never to trust the Vikings for anything, including winning. I abandoned them as soon as the Colts came to Indy. Now it's their payback time for my traitorous shift in alliances.

Not even three minutes into the game, Cutler launches a pass to Hester who coolly takes it in for a 48-yard score. Bang, there's 10 FF points right there. Now it gets interesting, as the Sounds draw even on the projections as Gould kicks in a couple of PAT's by the end of the first quarter.

Then not even five minutes into the second quarter, AP scores and the Vikings kick off. Hester lurks in the end zone and you'd think Longwell would well... kick it long (pun, pun). No, it comes to Hester just short of the goal line and off he goes...

(Game announcers, in their eternal wisdom, remind us for the 999th time you never kick it off to Hester.)

(About here I can picture the Sounds owner waving his hands to guide Hester across the field as if playing a video game...)

... and Hester jinks and burns to a 98-yd TD KO return. PAT for Gould and suddenly the Sounds draw almost even to the Geckos with still most of the game to play. And the score holds and holds...

... until right before the half, Gould kicks in a 51-yarder and the Sounds win the match! Adding insult to injury, Gould goes on in the second half and repeatedly kicks the Gecko butt for another two FG's for good measure.

Hah! I actually smiled when Hester took that KO return in. Vindication that you can never trust a Viking. Not 40 years ago, not today.

Fine FF match, too, well played on both ends. I'll bet Sounds cracked open one by halftime. Cheers!

11-02-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-11 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Sorry I missed last week. I have had a pretty full plate. I did type up a longer message here, but my system crashed and I lost it. I was just too lazy to retype.

The most important update I have is that There have been two teams that have owners switched. I took one, and gave the other to Breezy. Both teams have been completely inactive and for the sake of competition I assigned real people to them. Both teams are not primary teams, and the only thing that I will do with the one I have is make sure that it has starters at every position week in and week out.

Pepe is of course still kicking all of our collective butts... looks like he is well on his way to the playoffs after a memorable game this last week.

I will try and update more often...

VOTE NAKED 2004

11-03-11, 06:35 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Pepe is of course still kicking all of our collective butts... looks like he is well on his way to the playoffs after a memorable game this last week.

Hah! Memorable indeed. A classic high-scoring MNF finish that see-sawed along with the game, leads switching hands, decided by less than a fumble (or a FG, from Pepe's perspective). It was a crazy Halloween game and, as a result, a crazy FF match that went right down to the the wire. Pepe escapes to keep a perfect 8-0 record and the Geckos are in 4th at 5-3 and still averaging over a hundred points a week. Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season coming up.

And Naked forgot to mention his Crackheads won their third match in a row, for the second longest win streak (after Pepe, of course) in the league. With the muddled middle still in flux, there's playoffs hope yet for his 3-5 team.

01-03-12, 01:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Another Fantasy football league"
Great year !!!

I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in the league this year. I had a great time playing with all of you. Congratulations to cahaya for closing it out.

One of the best things about this league is that i got to reconnect with you guys over here at SB. You guys have always been one of my favorite communities on the net, and I am glad that everyone is still around.

VOTE NAKED 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •