The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-11, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
I'm starting early because a group in Denver decided to jump the gun -- to the financial tune of at least $10,000. And that's four personal seat licenses, so you know they're frustrated.

http://tinyurl.com/6lbxqwr

Frustrated enough to accomplish exactly nothing, because football coaches listen to two things: themselves and (reluctantly) ownership. Fans do not play a part. And in case you were wondering, any and all deities are classified as 'non-paying attendees'. Who steal credit from the coaches. So imagine how well that goes over.

So if you personally feel a need to completely waste ten thousand dollars, this group would appreciate your support. But personally, I suggest you at least give two seconds to considering a World Series Of Poker seat. At least that way, you could pretend you had fun for the whole ten seconds you got to stay.

Wasn't this supposed to be a slow build towards next November?

Anyone else want to start a rumor that he was secretly born in Yemen and raised by depleted shotgun shells?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-15-11 1
   RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread LeftPinky 09-18-11 12
 NFL-Xfactor crossover?? Snidget 09-18-11 2
 Who are these people Snidget 09-18-11 3
   RE: Who are these people PepeLePew13 09-18-11 4
       RE: Who are these people Snidget 09-18-11 5
           RE: Who are these people Estee 09-18-11 7
 *looks at scoreboard* Estee 09-18-11 6
   RE: *looks at scoreboard* cahaya 09-18-11 9
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread bullzeye 09-18-11 8
   RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread cahaya 09-18-11 10
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-18-11 11
 Vick: concussion. Estee 09-19-11 13
   RE: Vick: concussion. dragonflies 09-19-11 15
       RE: Vick: concussion. samboohoo 09-19-11 18
 Lions: 2-0. Estee 09-19-11 14
   RE: Lions: 2-0. cahaya 09-19-11 16
       RE: Lions: 2-0. HobbsofMI 09-19-11 17
   RE: Lions: 2-0. Max Headroom 09-19-11 19
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread Colonel Zoidberg 09-19-11 20
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-19-11 21
 The Bad QB League: Week #2. Estee 09-21-11 22
   RE: The Bad QB League: Week #2. Snidget 09-21-11 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-15-11, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
I guess being a fan gives you the opportunity to say or do pretty much what you want including spending your money like an idiot. I appreciate the opportunity to do that. I appreciate being able to stay up until 4 in the morning to watch the team I've been following for almost 60 years. I appreciate being able to be an idiot.

But, these fans just don't seem to have a clue. I like TT. I really do. I appreciate what he has accomplished off the field. In the long run that'll be more important than what he does on the field. For now, he isn't really ready to be on the field. Kyle Orton isn't the answer in Denver, but none of those clowns is. TT needs to sit back and work on his game. His mechanics are bad - take this year and maybe next and get those right. Learn to read your progressions so that your first instinct isn't to take off running after 1.5 seconds. If you want to thrive as a QB, then you've got to learn to be a QB. He didn't learn that at Florida. I think there might be potential there because of the intelligence and the passion, but that's all still pretty much unharnessed. I'm still not convinced that Cam N is going to be a competent QB in the NFL either. Sure he set a record and looked pretty good. He might kill the Packers this weekend. I just don't believe that QB's are born and can just role into the NFL and be great. It takes a lot of hard work. There's nothing bad about sitting behind another QB who knows the game better than you do for a few years and learning. You can learn a lot running the scout team during practice (cough, cough, Aaron Rodgers).

So, Denver fans keep up your insanity. It suits me fine because one of my best friends is a fan and I love to see him suffer. TT isn't the answer now and he may not ever be the answer, but the only way he'll get there is to bide his time and develop. There are lots of former NFL quarterbacks who got thrown in to soon and never made it because they didn't really have time to learn the game. There's a lot more of them than there are Peyton Mannings who survived in spite of learning on the job.

Oh yeah - do you know how long it feels after the first week of the season when your team has a Thursday night game? I feel like I've been through another lockout. Let's get it on!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-11, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Sittem - I normally love you, but here you are (partially) wrong. Kyle O is not the answer, but TT has better qb ratings than Elway, Brady or either Manning based on starting games of 4... He's not perfect - far from it - but he's exciting and has the "it" factor. You never know what he'll do when the chips are down. After today's disaster (though win), I certainly hope we see changes sooner or later!

And yes, we'd love to trade Brady Quinn.... put in an offer!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "NFL-Xfactor crossover??"
Simon Cowell talking about the X-factor with random football clips from last week that kind of match up with it???

So are they going to have Simon-Paula-not quite Randy-and Pussy Cat Doll Girl reviewing the plays?

09-18-11, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Who are these people"
and what have they done with my kitty cats?

is it too early to head for an undisclosed location? 10-0 Carolina over Green Bay???

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who are these people"
Well... they didn't quite hold on, but how about that Newton? 422 yards last week and 432 yards this week. No rookie has ever even come close to a start like that in his career.

09-18-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Who are these people"
He's showing a wee bit of promise.

Caught the end of the Raiders/Bills game. Too bad no one had that game in the suicide pool. With that many lead changes in 4th quarter I wanted to see what Estee did with the death/survival.

09-18-11, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who are these people"
Right now, I'm suspecting a lot of players are scared to take the Bills. They may not be who people thought they were: a leading contender in the Luck Sweeps. Instead, they're starting to look like that one team you really don't want to play because if they're on...

There's a long way to go yet -- but the road through Buffalo is starting to look longer than usual.

09-18-11, 07:21 PM (EST)
6. "*looks at scoreboard*"
On the plus side, this could eventually give the Colts two franchise QBs in a row.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: *looks at scoreboard*"
Well, Polian has been out and scouting around for Peyton's heir apparent, including Luck.

Which is what we need if we're going to win a single game this season. Suddenly, the "easy" games look anything but. Even Carolina is lookin' a little scary.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-18-11, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
No complaints here.

09-18-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Not with Brady as my FF QB, no sirree!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
That was gruesome, getting blown out at home by the Browns. It's the Cleveland Browns, for crying out loud! 6-10 is looking very optimistic right about now.

Thank goodness I didn't watch the game.

09-19-11, 08:32 AM (EST)
13. "Vick: concussion."
Ha-ha!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Vick: concussion."
I can't believe Romo came back to the game, then to win it?!

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Vick: concussion."
Orakpu and Kerrigan are licking their ribs chops.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

09-19-11, 08:34 AM (EST)
14. "Lions: 2-0."
I'm just gonna presume Hobbs is still hooked up to the defibrillator and take it from there.

09-19-11, 10:49 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Lions: 2-0."
Heck, I've got Stafford as QB and Calvin as WR in the salary cap league. And I'm not the suicidal type. What does that tell you?

I know, I know, don't tell me. I'm ignoring history.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Lions: 2-0."
I'm ignoring history too and just traded for Stafford (Stafford and H. Miller for E. Manning and M. Williams - TB) thus I have 3 Lion's on my roster when my rule is never have them (until Calvin came along).

I'm enjoying it but I'm going to temper it as only 2 games and we have 14 to go.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

09-19-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Lions: 2-0."
I drafted the Lions defense/special teams, and so far I've been happy.

Pettigrew could use a kick in the pants, though.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-19-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Week 2, and the Dolphins are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Tony Sparano needs to be fired, and the new offensive coordinator needs to be taken out and shot.

Is it hockey season yet?

09-19-11, 11:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
That's a nice looking stadium the Jets Giants play in.

09-21-11, 02:46 PM (EST)
22. "The Bad QB League: Week #2."
The points are out there.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/4573/the-bad-quarterback-league-week-2-scores

98 for the Jaguars? I knew that group was good for something!

Yes, this is the first time I've paid attention to any form of fantasy football (while still not participating). It's the equivalent of a suicide pool: the more death, the better you're doing. And I'm now waiting for a 100-point game.

On someone else's team, thankee.

09-21-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The Bad QB League: Week #2."
Carolina Panthers (Cam Newton), 15 points: Cam Newton is the best quarterback in NFL history who has never won a game.

*looks at pass yardage stages*

1. Tom Brady
2. Cam Newton--and the kitty cats are 0-2.

*sigh*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •