The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-10, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"
If you want to read some great theories about Lost, I highly recommend Doc Jensen at ew.com. I'm impressed with his knowledge of literature in particular. He doesn't do spoilers, afaik, so he's a safe read.

Tribefied

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost Flowerpower 03-21-10 1
 RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost Flowerpower 03-21-10 2
   RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost michel 03-21-10 3
       RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost Flowerpower 03-22-10 4
 Doc Jensen post "Recon" Flowerpower 03-22-10 5
   RE: Doc Jensen post "Recon" michel 03-22-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-10, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"

I agree, mrc. I have been posting the links to his recaps of the episodes in the past three spoiler episode threads. Here are his thoughts of "Recon".

He is very deep and very thorough. It is amazing, actually.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-21-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"
Another great take on "Recon" by Doc Arzt.

WOW!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-10, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"
Thanks for bringing this FP. Interesting read even if I think he's wrong about XLocke being like a frightened kid. Like Sawyer said, the main difference between the real Locke and the fake one is that he's very sure of himself, not afraid of anything.

(And the blond boy isn't smokey, he's Aaron!)

I do agree with him that it never felt right to see Sawyer with Juliet and maybe this is the end of any reunion story between those 2. Juliet and Jack would fit better.

03-22-10, 06:29 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Doc Jensen and Totally Lost"

Yes, I'm with you, michel. I don't agree with some of it either. On first impression I thought that the boys that were seen in the woods with XLocke were indeed Jacob. But, I also noticed that the first boy look younger and had blood on his hands, while the second boy looked older with no blood on his hands. I think he could be on to something....the first boy having blood on his hands, as though he had killed someone/something....while the older boy comes and tells him that he can't kill them, it's against the rules. To me, it really sounds quite plausible. I think he could be right, that the first boy is smokey with the blood on his hands from his perhaps "first kill". Could it have been his crazy mother? This has me really wondering about that scene now. Then we have the older brother come and remind him about the rules, jacob.

I am very excited for this upcoming episode. I guess I should discuss my thoughts regarding it in the spoiler thread though.

I also agree with you. Sawyer and Juliet, come on! They definitely were a very odd couple and while it fit for a while I don't think it was the real deal. Sawyer was distraught because he felt responsible, as he didn't want to be alone, and he had nothing to go back for. He was always incredibly drawn to Kate, and I always found him to be so endearing. I thought some of the best acting scenes ever in this series revolved around their captivity in the polar bear cages. I don't know why so many people have "Kate hate". I find Evangeline Lily to be a great actress playing Kate, torn between the two heroes that are "polar" opposites. I also found her scene saying goodbye to Aaron to be one of the most moving of the series.

I was so happy to see the "old" Sawyer emerging in the last episode. I am firmly in the camp that would like to see Sawyer and Kate survive as a couple. And, the way things are going, I am feeling hopeful!

I think that Jack's son's mother will be Juliet....I don't think Juliet will be Miles' girlfriend. I do like the thought of Ana Lucia being with Miles.

03-22-10, 08:56 AM (EST)
5. "Doc Jensen post "Recon""

Now THIS article is WAY out there.....definitely am not on the same page here.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-10, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Doc Jensen post "Recon""
I did enjoy his parallels between "Recon" and "The Other Woman" (LOL at Sawyer taking the SUBstitute!) and long ago I thought that all those Flashbacks were scenes from Smokey's memory banks. I abandoned that idea when we were told the Losties weren't dead.

(As Doc Jensen said himself, it's a sickness and it caused him to go overboard. I think he takes winks and inside jokes as real clues. Maybe the writer simply likes to eat rabbit for supper.)

Regarding your theory in the previous post that there were 2 Blond Boys, the credits for The Substitute only list 1 young boy. If he was playing Nemesis and then Jacob, wouldn't he have been first dressed in black and next in white?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •