The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 8 Speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice Spoilers/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-25-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 8 Speculation"
We know Andy and Elizabeth are the respective PM's this week. Given that Andy has survived three boardrooms (the general gold stardard for firing) and Elizabeth two (the next time she's there should be her last), it sure seems likely that whichever one leads their team to defeat will be headed home.

So which will it be? The preview suggests open revolt against Elizabeth and paints Andy as the kid who fights back. I suppose the implication is that Andy somehow prevails, but given how misleading most of the previews are I wonder.

The other clue we have is the Donald slam quote of the week. This time it's "what the hell is missing with you". Doesn't really sound like something he would say to one of the women. In my opinion The Donald tends to spare his harshest critiques for the men, (while generally favoring them over the women when he goes about firing them) case in point the harshest comment thus far have been aim towards Bradford (you're stupid) and last weeks harsh comment was aimed squarely at golden boy Kelly (I hate people who exagerate). So the $50 the question become does who is the target of this weeks comment?

It certainly could be Andy, espectially if he fails here. Although I would tend to think he would just fire him and not go to the trouble of slaming him more. I dont necessarily see who else it might be in the board room from Mosaic who might elicit that response. On Apex there is certainly another possibility in Raj, The Donald has already taken several opportunities to take verbal jabs at him (dress, womanizing, etc.) and if he makes it to the boardroom I expect even more. The comment could go towards either Kevin or Chris as well, but since both have played rather "under the radar" for most tasks it would likely be something specifically done on this task that causes it.

At this point I guess I would lean toward Raj getting slammed and Elizabeth being fired, but what I think isnt really all that important... its what you think, so spill it!

-ICB

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 8 Speculation oncebitten 10-25-04 1
 RE: Week 8 Speculation rqt9191 10-25-04 2
 RE: Week 8 Speculation Bebo 10-25-04 3
   RE: Week 8 Speculation idiotcowboy 10-25-04 4
       RE: PM's who lost twice and survive... rtrader 10-25-04 7
           RE: PM's who lost twice and survive... idiotcowboy 10-26-04 10
 RE: Week 8 Speculation ARnutz 10-25-04 5
   RE: Week 8 Speculation rtrader 10-26-04 11
 Raj? mavsfan 10-25-04 6
   RE: Raj? jae 10-26-04 8
       RE: Raj? oncebitten 10-26-04 12
 RE: Week 8 Speculation ARnutz 10-26-04 9
 RE: Week 8 Speculation xserver 10-26-04 13
 Another clue? Oscirus 10-26-04 14
   Post -show airing frodo2 10-28-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
It could very well be Wes. Donald last week told him that he was a lousy leader.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

rqt9191 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rqt9191 Click to send private message to rqt9191 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
I would guess neither Andy nor Elizabeth. Generally the people who get fired are not the focus of the promos. My guess is that Andy wins and Apex loses (b/c if Mosaic loses, Andy is the prime target). My guess would be Chris, Ivana or Elizabeth gest fired. (Jen M is exempt, Kevin seems too good and DT needs Raj for entertainment value.) Hopefully Chris, b/c I can't stand him!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
Looking at the negative editing, I'm leaning toward a Chris or Wes boot this week.

They're not the only ones with a negative edit (far from it!), but from a storytelling standpoint, these two can be let go in the near future.

Why not the PMs? I think the "hit us over the head", completely non-subtle preview is misdirection. We know Elizabeth and Andy won't be around at the end, given the editing of their characters. But it's not unusual for the PM to get canned, so if it were one of those two, I think the preview wouldn't have made it so obvious that they were leading.

I don't think it's Maria, even though her streetwalking outfit and negative confessional from Carolyn spell firing for her at some point in this game. That footage had to be shown in that episode, since that was the episode in which she was immune, because it added to the storyline. It provided the reason why Maria will eventually be fired.

I don't think it's Raj, because I think they would have made a bigger deal about Raj not being in the BR in the last episode if he were that close to leaving. The BRs are much longer than we see, and DT did comment negatively on Raj's performance during that task. But since we were not shown DT forcing John to justify Raj not going to the BR, I think it means Raj has some more story to tell. But with the boxer short jog and the problems last week, we've been shown that Raj is just a DAW waiting to be snuffed.

Wes and Chris have both had negative edits that have not been necessary for the storyline, especially Chris. Why show him commenting on his Rolex? And why show him complaining he hates customers during the restaurant challenge? We keep seeing him in complaint mode, like he's too good to dig into these silly tasks. DT will chop him down for that attitude.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

10-25-04, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
>Looking at the negative editing, I'm leaning toward a Chris
>or Wes boot this week.

I can not see a logical scenario where Andy looses, as the PM, and isn't fired, especially this week given he has been in the board room the past two weeks and has been hanging on by a thread since week 1. The PM is always blamed even if they are not fired, and Andy is in desparate need of a success which a loss as the leader even if it was close, would not provide.

I can see a scenario where Elizabeth isn't fired although I think that is also unlikely given her tenuous performance thus far. If someone (like Chris) completely screws up I guess it's possible that that might happen, but given the limited info we have and the implication that Apex is on the verge of revolt I have a hard time buying Elizabeth would not be the one fired after her second loosing PM role (especially to someone who had already won as PM before ie Chris, Raj, and Jenifer). Which brings up another question has anyone ever lost as the PM twice and survived? I dont recall anyone doing it last season their second PM loss was generally the episode they were fired in.

Sometimes things just aren't hidden that well and while I agree this week seems a bit too obvious... sometimes it really is that simple.

-ICB

PS: I agree that Raj isnt a firee candidate this week (although I still think he's likely to get the verbal barb)... which of course means he's toast

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-25-04, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PM's who lost twice and survived"
Which brings up another question has anyone ever lost as the PM twice and survived?

Yes Kwame lost twice (Planet Hollywood, and then Art Gallery), and he still made it to the finals to compete against Bill.

10-26-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: PM's who lost twice and survived"
>Yes Kwame lost twice (Planet Hollywood, and then Art Gallery),
>and he still made it to the finals to compete against Bill.

I knew Kwame, and Elizabeth is no Kwame

-ICB

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
"what the hell is missing with you".

I bet he says that to Ivana...

I think the preview leads us to thinking one of those PMs are fired... it was very weird though, they have never told us in advance who the PMs were.

I really wonder why Elizabeth is PM again? She lost in her previous attempt at PM... unless they're still picking names from a hat? Apex has 4 winning previous PMs: Chris, Kevin, Jenn & Raj, why not stick with a winning formula? Then there is Ivana the other one with a previous loss.

Andy makes sense as PM, he hasn't done it before. Mosaic is comparatively the weaker team: Andy & Sandy - never PM before, Wes - lost, Kelly & Maria - won. Of course Maria has a minor in home economics, sooooo unfair advantage? (ha ha!)

Also... Wes is REALLY stupid, I just realized he sent THREE previously winning PMs to the other side!!! What an idiot!

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
Also... Wes is REALLY stupid, I just realized he sent THREE previously winning PMs to the other side!!! What an idiot!

That’s right…he did ship off all of the winning PM’s from Mosaic except Kelly. Then to top it off, he has to bring in the one remaining guy, Andy who hadn’t PM yet, because he lost the cell phone. Talk about multiple bad decisions. What a fool.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Raj?"
I like Raj, but the line "What the hell is missing with you?" sounds most appropriate for Raj.

I think knocking him for asking our Anna Kornikova and "pestering the models" is a little unfair.

Ok, Anna is several years younger than him, but it wouldn't be the first time a celebrity has dated a non celebrity ie. Brooke Shields, or a guy ended up with a woman way out of his league ie. Kate Hudson.

As far as the models go, the one he was flirting with by speaking German, was hanging around HIM while he was getting dressed for the fashion show. This indicates to me that he may not have been "pestering" the models as much as Trump indicated.

Still, Trump didn't seem to like Raj flirting with his private stock of leggy East Block supermodels.

If Raj is flirting with a woman at the FBI school or whatever it was, I can very will see Trump asking Raj "What the hell is missing with you?"

The second best choice would be someone on Elizabeth's team other than Elizabeth. If Elizabeths team fires her, Trump and MB will HAVE TO FIRE the ringleader(s). Trump and MB can't have players throwing challenges or "The Apprentice" is done as a show.

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-26-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Raj?"
I think Mosaic will lose and either Wes, Sandy or Maria gets the boot.

Mosaic will then be down by 2, so they'll have to pick someone to join their team. If Wes gets fired, Mosaic will try to get Kevin back. If Sandy or Maria gets fired, then they might recruit Jennifer.

The DT line in the preview sounds like someone made such a huge mistake that DT had no choice but to fire that person and not Andy the PM, even if he has been dragged into the boardroom every. single. time. Mosaic loses.

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Raj?"
I agree with a Sandy boot. I think DT has been waiting for her to get in the BR. She failed at 2 tasks and the PM never brought her to the BR. DT asked why.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-04, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
The preview and the NBC website also say, "another boardroom first!"

What could this mean? What did it mean last time?

Everytime I try to predict these things I am wrong! Also, when it seems something absolutely shocking will happen, it turns out to be not so much of a big deal.

Well I'll still try, here goes:
a) two people could get fired
b) someone from the winning team goes
c) DT insists on the PM bringing a specific person
d) someone is fired before the PM makes their choice

What do you guys think? Any other possibilities?

Disclaimer: I am very bad at making predictions! Psychic, I am not!

xserver 115 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xserver Click to send private message to xserver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 8 Speculation"
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that one PM sticks with their ideas and the other goes along with the team's. I'm thinking Andy is the former and Elizabeth is the latter. Andy's ideas on past projects haven't been so good, and his personality is consistent with this scenario. He'll be the one getting fired.

I don't think it's too obvious of a choice. Remember TA1 when they were promoting Sam as PM in the previews? Even Pamela as PM was promoted when she was fired. I certainly don't think Andy's team loses and someone else gets fired, don't think Andy can survive 4 trips to BR plus one losing PM. Same with Elizabeth.

Just a gut feeling, I think Donald's slam quote is aimed at Maria.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-26-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Another clue?"
on john's website there is a picture of him, Stacy, Heidi and elizabeth at a new york party, however I don't know how to post pics here from other sites to prove this fact.

I would say that Andy is safe so by proxy his team is safe for this week being that a loss all but ensures that hes gone. On elizabeth's team Jen is safe so we can disregard her. I would say that if anybody were to lead a revolt against elizabeth it would be Kevin who has a tendacy to call people on their bs. Chris and Raj would more than likely be non factors unless they do something really boneheaded. So i would say that Kevin, Elizabeth and Ivana go into the boardromm with liz taking the lone elevator down.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Post -show airing"
I would say that if anybody were to lead a revolt against Elizabeth it would be Kevin who has a tendacy to call people on their bs.

As you can see, Kevin did call her out. He took her aside and told her flat-out what she was doing wrong, but she didn't do anything to change it. However, the revolt was going to be led by Ivana. "We ought to fire her" is what she said, or something like it.

Kevin's still impressing me with his leadership skills. He addressed an issue directly, but did so as tactfully and honorably as it could be done. I hope he makes it to the final four.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •