The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

adamldux 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adamldux Click to send private message to adamldux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
Did anyone see the episode on May 01, 2006? There was this rodeo chick on there and her uneducated hick husband. Are you kidding me!

She was this total authoritarian parent and her and her husband have trouble handling all the work on their farm so they engage their two young daughters (UNDER 10) to work for them as free labour. Moreover, if the children have a problem, they are not allowed to express it as it may be considered "whining" which is not allowed.

THEN, she actually said, in effect, "if my daughters were to grow up not liking the rodeo, I don't know what I'd do." Heaven forbid! Is it possible to place stricter limits on your child's potential than this. And nevermind her kids growing up to be happy , educated people ... NO ... they must enjoy the rodeo and work. Just imagine if one turns out to be a lesbian or wants to own her own business in the city -- neither conditions fit within how her mother wants her to "be". These poor children!

Someone, PLEASE encourage her to engage in parenting classes. (I'd say the same about her husband but I'm not certain he can read.)

I have rarely seen someone so infected with obsessive compulsive disorder than this woman.

And just as an aside, why are stupid people always religious too?
Did you get a load of her emotionally stunted husband who couldn't handle articulating his thoughts at the end of the show so had to resort to pugilism (hitting). Yet another reason why mandatory parental and humanities classes should be a part of every school from Grade 1 onward.

Adam
Canada

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... basiagir 05-02-06 1
 RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... Girl41 05-02-06 2
   RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... Girl41 05-02-06 3
       RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... Ahtumbreez 05-02-06 4
           RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... reealiteefan 05-10-06 8
 RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... kree 05-02-06 5
   RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... annielynne42 05-06-06 7
 RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children a... love2smile 05-03-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

basiagir 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail basiagir Click to send private message to basiagir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
Holy *&**. That family was whacked. Tons of agression and anger (hint hint GET SOME THERAPY) If he can throw a fit like that not only in public but on TV (and shove his wife so viciously out of the way) can you imagine what this freak does behind closed doors.
These poor kids looked soooo unhappy.
Hey rodeo lady! The way you are going those girls will run not walk away from rodeo land when they grow up.
RUN GIRLS RUN!!!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Girl41 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Girl41 Click to send private message to Girl41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
Great thoughts, Adam!
I'm a 41 year old former barrel racer and "cowgirl" from Oklahoma. If I had to choose, I would WAAAAY rather hang out with the pampered luxury lady/hairstylist/Italian princess than the rootin' tootin' cowgirl. What an obnoxious personality! She and her husband certainly deserve each other.

I rodeoed for nearly 15 years and I was deep into all that rodeo/cowgirl crap. Now I just ride for the spiritual connection with my horse, which sounds silly I guess. Rodeo is hard on horses.
My husband wears a cowboy hat, I have trophy belt buckles which I DON'T wear, but keep in my drawer and dad gum, I don't own one fringed shirt! Our own young daughter would rather ice skate and do art and that's okay with me!

Those rodeo people or whatever you call them, on their 6 acre Delaware "ranch" need to lighten up and look at the world outside rodeo and barn chores. Those poor little girls need to have a more rounded life. The worst thing is, they are going to grow up to be just like mom! Yikes!

Parenting classes for them - yes, please!
I heard the dad say "hell" in a sentence to one of the little girls, which is appalling. And the rodeo queen obviously uses bad words too - calling that woman a slut. Did you see the one little girl make a choking gesture when the other mom was reading their new house rules? Lovely - I'm sure that's one of the things she picks up from her "down in the dirt" ranch hard livin' parents. A 6 acre Delaware "ranch", that is.

Likewise, when the rodeo witch was reading the house rules to her new family, did you hear one of the kids say, "What are you, an army man?" Right on, kid!

It wouldn't the rodeo queen to take some meditation classes to try and slow down and chill out a little. She may not realize it, but the best horse people are quiet, low-key and humble personalities. That would also carry over better for raising a child too, I would think.
Now, are the mulitude of barn chores done? Then let's go RODEO!! YEE-HAW!!

Girl41 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-02-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Girl41 Click to send private message to Girl41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
I just thought of one more incident to trash the rodeo chick. At the end (but before the big fight), when the couples are getting back together, the rodeo queen said "I KNEW you'd bring the truck!" and was absolutely beaming over it as she ran to hug her cave-man cowboy. Referring to the over-sized pickup which rodeo people seem to favor. Bet she was more glad to see THAT prize possession, signifying her rodeo life, than her own two girls!
Strip away her identity of rodeo/"ranchin'" (on 6 acres) hard work and I don't think her ego would survive on herself as just a person.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
41, I'm an "old" horse person too and was appalled at how that woman represented the horse world.

That was the first Swap I have seen. I thought the show was all hugs and kisses at the end. Wow, was I wrong. Isn't the whole premise to show the other half how each lives and to bring a better understanding and open-mindness?

Rodeo hubby creeped me out.

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
>41, I'm an "old" horse person
>too and was appalled at
>how that woman represented the
>horse world.
>
>That was the first Swap I
>have seen. I thought
>the show was all hugs
>and kisses at the end.
> Wow, was I wrong.
> Isn't the whole premise
>to show the other half
>how each lives and to
>bring a better understanding and
>open-mindness?
>
>Rodeo hubby creeped me out.

Nope! Sorry! What planet are you living on? The premise of this show is to have a complete stranger enter your home and tell you everything you've been doing to lead your life is WRONG! There's a natural resistance to this kind of meddling. But I will admit I was taken aback by that table-throwing fight. A true Jerry Springer moment!

kree 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kree Click to send private message to kree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-06 AT 11:12 PM (EST)

You know, the really sad thing is that being on a ranch and taking care of horses is every little girls dream, so those girls will do anything that is asked just to partake in that life. They will let themselves be called sissies and whiners and whatever else that lovely mom yells at them to get what she wants. It sickening to see children talked to that way.

It's one thing to have a little discipline and rules and all that, because kids do like guildines. But to be treated like crap every day, and that's how they were treated, is appalling. Someone was saying once how when you start to change the personality of a child, that's when you are doing harm. And that's what is happening. Let's say one of the girls wants to be a singer, and has the talent, but is told that that is sissie work and can't do it... well, that's changing personality a trait that is detrimental to that child's mental health. Also, encouraging a child not to ever joke around or express themself, all in the sake of farm chores, is altering a personality. After awhile, each child will learn to hold in any form of expression in fear of being made fun of. That's abuse.

I've been there- my father was abusive and wouldn't let us dance, sing, talk- you name it. I grew up having trouble talking to people and have always felt depressed and stunted. That mom was mean, but the Rodeo father was a horrible, horrible, awful man. Some people have mean streaks and he is one of them! How that lady has sex with him, I 'll never understand. Yuck.

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
In the beginning of the show, Rodeo B!t*h, says they seldom have sex & that's the way they like it. I felt sorry for that little Italian boy, when she made him carry that bucket of water & he was struggling with it---"pick it up, pick it up". Didn't she, also, call him a sissy? What a monster she is !

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rodeo Chick uses her children as slave labour"
I could not agree with you more! I was so appalled, that I actually sent them an e-mail and advised them to take parenting classes.

Gee, I wonder if they still think their way is the right way?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would be PISSED if I did a show like this and my husband treated the other "wife" that way.....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •