The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chris Sligh"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chris Sligh"
So did you see Chris Sligh perform last night? He nailed Seal's A Kiss from a Rose. He was the short guy with the big fro. Very funny and self-deprecating. I rarely pick someone to root for this early, but I am rooting for Chris.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chris Sligh KoalaChick 01-31-07 1
 RE: Chris Sligh CTgirl 01-31-07 2
   RE: Chris Sligh Agman2 02-05-16 41
 RE: Chris Sligh emydi 01-31-07 3
 RE: Chris Sligh Corvis 01-31-07 4
   RE: Chris Sligh Jadens Mommy 01-31-07 5
       RE: Chris Sligh Corvis 02-01-07 6
       RE: Chris Sligh emydi 02-01-07 7
           RE: Chris Sligh Corvis 02-01-07 8
   RE: Chris Sligh Nimh 03-09-07 29
 RE: Chris Sligh Corvis 02-22-07 9
   RE: Chris Sligh JessicaRN 02-22-07 10
       RE: Chris Sligh joymarv 02-23-07 11
           RE: Chris Sligh agman 03-02-07 26
   RE: Chris Sligh brvnkrz 02-24-07 12
       RE: Chris Sligh Jadens Mommy 02-24-07 13
           RE: Chris Sligh brvnkrz 02-24-07 14
               RE: Chris Sligh Fishercat 02-25-07 15
                   *covers eyes* brvnkrz 02-25-07 16
                       RE: *covers eyes* arkiegrl 02-25-07 17
                           KELLY PICKLER? Jadens Mommy 02-26-07 18
                               Kick brvnkrz 02-26-07 19
                                   RE: Kick CattyChat 02-26-07 20
                                       RE: Kick brvnkrz 02-26-07 21
                                       Have Mute Button. Will Watch. YankeeDixieDoodle 02-28-07 25
                                       RE: Kick YankeeDixieDoodle 03-05-07 27
                                           RE: Kick agman 03-05-07 28
                                   RE: Kick arkiegrl 02-27-07 22
                                       RE: Kick brvnkrz 02-27-07 23
                                           RE: Kick arkiegrl 02-27-07 24
 RE: Chris Sligh bostonrobfan 03-21-07 30
   RE: Chris Sligh Corvis 03-21-07 31
       RE: Chris Sligh LisaPles 03-29-07 32
           RE: Chris Sligh agman 03-29-07 33
 RE: Chris Sligh Snidget 03-31-07 34
   RE: Chris Sligh bob_chester 03-31-07 35
       RE: Chris Sligh Agman2 02-05-16 42
 Chris says the vote counts are legi... priestdi 04-01-07 36
   RE: Chris says the vote counts are ... bob_chester 04-01-07 37
 Take a Chance on Something Beautifu... CattyChat 04-03-07 38
   RE: Take a Chance on Something Beau... agman 04-03-07 39
   RE: Take a Chance on Something Beau... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-05-07 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-31-07, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I thought he was great! That's a very tough song to sing, and he nailed it nicely! The judges had another Clay Aiken moment, where the voice didn't seem to match the package. I think this guy will do well.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-31-07, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Good voice and great personality. He'll be very easy to root for!!

Agman2 1804 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-05-16, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I totally disagree with that!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I see him in the finals with Sundance already...oh great I just jinxed it...nope I was knocking on wood!

01-31-07, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Seeing as how I don't spoil Survivor very much or very well anymore, I thought I'd turn to spoiling a little bit about Chris. Here's his self written bio:

About me:
I was born on a cold day in April 1978 in a little town right outside of Nashville, TN. Music was in my blood from the beginning of my life. I can remember writing my first music at 6 years old. I wrote my first full song at the age of 8. I grew up in Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri and Weisbaden, Germany...the majority of my childhood spent in cold, dark Germany.

For the record, I've been to every European country with the exception of the Scandanavian countries, and I've traveled through all 48 continental states at one point or another.

Anyway, I started to write seriously during college while studying voice performance. My junior year of college, I won the National Association of Teachers of Singing's best male singer in the junior year. In 2002 & 2003, I won the Gospel Music Association's songwriting award for the pop/AC category.

In 2001, I started traveling as a solo artist, interestingly enough calling myself Chris Sligh. Soon after I started a band which I even more interestingly called the Chris Sligh band. In May of 2003, I got married and soon after in August, the Chris Sligh band broke up. In November of that same year I formed the band I am now a part of and I deemed it Half Past Forever.

A lot happened in 2003, as you can see. Well, when Half Past Forever originally formed, we were definitely pretty squarely in the poppy Christian worship realm. We had some kind of rocking stuff, but as a songwriter I was coming from the school of rock that included artists like Bebo Norman, Caedmon's Call, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, etc. Not exactly Led Zeppelin. In 2004 we recorded our debut album up in Nashville with Stephen Leiweke, who produced Jars of Clay's indie album. The album was definitely a poppy rock fest.

Since then, my songwriting has grown, I think. I've moved away from the more poppy stuff to writing music that I think I would actually listen to. You can look at my songwriting influences below and most of them are not neccesarilly "rock" artists. I love them for their songwriting, if not their performances. However, my music writing is currently being influenced by Switchfoot, MuteMath, The Afters, and Need To Breathe.

So, that's me. Please be my friend. Um, I'm awesome, so if you want awesomeness for friendships, then please be my friend. Does that sound too needy and insecure? Dangit!

And a picture:

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-07, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Chris Sligh"
You didn't spoil.

02-01-07, 08:13 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Well, okay, but I had fun looking for info about him.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chris Sligh"
yes because he was refigerated after opening

02-01-07, 10:53 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Is that what they do with the AI contestants who make it to Hollywood? Put 'em on ice and ship 'em sardine style?

Nimh 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nimh Click to send private message to Nimh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Chris Sligh"
You know, his band's entered in a video contest. If you guys think he's good, you should vote for him.

http://musicnation.com/v9d8

02-22-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I gotta say Chris went down a few notches after he attacked Simon after singing. That stuff bugs me. I hope he focuses on singing and stops that talkback.

Anyone else think that Simon's comment last night about how there are arrogant singers with little talent was aimed at Chris?

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I totally agree with you about Chris and Simon's comment. Humor can quickly move to inappropriate sarcasm if not careful. I liked Chris in the audition, so hopefully he can redeem himself. On a similar note, I read (in Star so take it with a grain of salt), that Taylor Hicks was the biggest diva yet. Article said that no one on the staff of the show wanted him to win. He was difficult to work with and didn't bond with the other contestants, not even on the tour. It also said that Katherine McPhee pitched a fit about singing with Meatloaf.

joymarv 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-07, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joymarv Click to send private message to joymarv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I would have pitched a fit if I had to sing with him too. Listening to him was excrutiating.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Chris Sligh's voice doesn't actually bother me that much. I just get sick and tired of his smart alec remarks. He has said things to simon that just want to make me cringe. Not that Simon doesn't deserve to get dissed once in a while. I just don't think Chris shows much respect. I don't think he has enough of a history with the judges to make the comments he makes.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Agree on both points. I hope it doesn't happen again. Although after hearing the girls sing it almost makes most of the guys invisible to me now.

One nation, under Romber

02-24-07, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I agree. I picked Chris as an early favorite but so many girls are powerful this season. I think we will have a female AI winner this season.

02-24-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Unless these guys step it up about 1000%, I agree that we will have a female winner this year. Even an all female final 5 or 6.

One nation, under Romber

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-25-07, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Don't forget, pretty much every female not named Mandisa or Kat McPhee was bad last year. Paris was okay but had some really off performances. And yet, the F6 was still 3 and 3 (with Kellie Pickler of all people).

Season 3 even kept Red and George Huff on for a while before they got booted, and that season was incredibly weak for guys too.

02-25-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
16. "*covers eyes*"
Please, for the love of all things holy, please never say that Pickler name again. *runs screaming*

One nation, under Romber

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: *covers eyes*"
Pickler.

Pickler.

Pickler.

What?

02-26-07, 02:18 PM (EST)
18. "KELLY PICKLER?"
What name don't you want us to say? Kelly Pickler? Is Kelly Pickler's name the name you don't want us to say? If Kelly Pickler's name is the name you don't want us to say then I sincerely apoligize for saying Kelly Pickler. I will try my best to never say Kelly Pickler ever again.

02-26-07, 02:28 PM (EST)
19. "Kick"
I just kicked you with HER red high heel shoe.

One nation, under Romber

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-07, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kick"
Well, you better not tune in for the results show Thurs, Bravie, because the adorable KELLIE PICKLER will be performing.

One nation, under Romber...

02-26-07, 05:44 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Kick"
Well luckily, even though I am bored with Survivor, that is still my first choice. So I won't be setting the DVR for this episode of the results show. Blah. Thank you for the head's up.

One nation, under Romber

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-28-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Have Mute Button. Will Watch."
I actually had to mute KP at least once last season. When she started screamimg her song. I'll be watching Thurday with remote in hand. In case she does it again.

03-05-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Kick"
I didn't just mute the TV when Kelly Pickler made her appearance last Thursday, I turned the TV off. Until I was sure she was gone. I've never seen so much silicone hanging out of a dress in my life. And, that dress was stretched so tight over her butt, I wondered if she'd had it augmented, too!

03-05-07, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Kick"
I think she's trying to get some dolly parton thing going. Yeeeccchhh. I noticed Simon wasn't even watching! hasta la vista Pickler

02-27-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kick"
This one, you mean?

02-27-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Kick"
LOL. I actually really like that.

One nation, under Romber

02-27-07, 12:33 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Kick"
Yeah, those are some bitchin shoes, huh?

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-07, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I liked Chris at first, but he ruined it for me with his 'fro patrol' comment. UGH.

03-21-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Yeah, I hear that. That was pretty stupid.

I still think he's talented but he comes across as way too calculating. He's not real.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-29-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I thought it was so funny when Chris was singing his final song and he went up to the contestants and you could hear him say to Phil "you owe me fifty bucks". That really cracked me up!
Goodbye Chris!

03-29-07, 05:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Chris Sligh"
>I thought it was so funny
>when Chris was singing his
>final song and he went
>up to the contestants and
>you could hear him say
>to Phil "you owe me
>fifty bucks". That really cracked
>me up!
> Goodbye Chris!
I missed that part. They must have their own wagers/pool on the order people are going. what do you bet Sanjaya is not on their list?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-07, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Chris Sligh"
I commented else where that Chris S. did nothing to same himself this week.

Looks like he was more right than I knew.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/30/americanidol.sligh.ap/index.html

Chris Sligh, the curly-headed contestant from South Carolina who was voted off "American Idol" this week, said he considered quitting the show two weeks before viewers sent him packing.

"I never came into this wanting to win it," Sligh told The Greenville News on Thursday. "I made the Top Ten. That was my goal."

Sligh said he decided not to quit because the top 10 contestants participate in an "American Idol" summer tour that comes with a nice paycheck.

Very disappointing, IMO.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Chris Sligh"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-07 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-31-07 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

Agman2 1804 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-05-16, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Chris Sligh"
Now that was a lame post!

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-07, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Chris says the vote counts are legit"
he seems pretty together and level-headed.

from his blog:

"Number one: to the conspiracy theorists who think that I got voted off the show because of a certain shout-out a coupla weeks ago (btw, please don't ask me about this: I have chosen not to talk about it at this point)...sorry people, I hate to tell you this, but it just isn't possible. NIgel and Ken (the executive producers) are very nice men, and I feel honored to have worked and learned from them. Plus what you guys do not see is that there are 5-6 people from Standards and Practices (an outside organization) who watch every aspect of the show to make sure it is fair. These people are also the ones who make sure that the vote counting is fair. There's more I could tell you, but it falls under my confidentiality contract...but take it from me...I was voted off because I didn't get enough votes. I had a bad performance and received even worse comments, plus I was very early in the show...it all added up. There was no funny stuff going on."

http://frommymindtoyoureyes.blogspot.com/

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Chris says the vote counts are legit"
Thanks for posting this. It is good to see the conspiracy thing put to rest.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Take a Chance on Something Beautiful"
Well, after listening to the samples on Amazon I went ahead & purchased Half Past Forever's CD. The samples sounded pretty good & I liked their video on YouTube. Crossing my fingers it is delivered on time to download to my iPOD before I leave for Europe Saturday. I'm old-fashioned and insist on buying CDs instead of just downloading music . . . I like the whole package.

Anyone else buy the CD??

I never did vote for him, but my preferred musicians/singers never win these things (except JD). Musicians like Chris Sligh (and Daughtry) aren't ever going to win AI since AI is more about who creates the most buzz & overall popularity. If it were about true talent, AI would allow the contestants to play instruments & sing their own songs instead of just a giant karaoke contest each week.

AI is a guilty pleasure, though I am going to really miss RockStar this summer.

Creations of ARNutz & Tribe One Nation Under Romber

04-03-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Take a Chance on Something Beautiful"
What do you think would happen with Chris S. if this had been a radio contest where you only heard his voice and did not see his face? I think his popularity would be higher. Looks playtoo much of a role on this contest. I realize that as someone said, you can expect the populatity contest. Hence the term "pop" music. Anyone have any opinions on this?

A snidget original

04-05-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Take a Chance on Something Beautiful"
If popularity, especially among female middle-schoolers, counts more than talent, Sanjaya would be a shoo-in. But, going strictly by consistantly great singing, Melinda's my favorite. I'm just glad Chris Sligh's gone. Looking at him was bad enough. Listening was excruciating.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •